Social Media Justice: A "Karen" faces consequences for threatening a Black man with cops

hobbers

He's selling Karen themed tshirts for feck sake
:lol:

Attention seeker and opportunist sounds about right. I wouldn't be surprised if any and all 'Karens' were in on it.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The article says 'he has no proof to say if it happened or not' before then launching a staunch opinion piece on why it didn't happen, despite zero proof. Destroying his character while painting her as the poor victim. It's really actually a shocking read on second viewing. Whether she said it or not is a story on its own, but the logical fallacies and mental gymnastics on display in this article have nothing to do with whether or not she said it, and just serve to take a side despite zero evidence either way.
There’s loads we don’t know. But everything negative the lady may have done relies entirely on one person’s version of events, with none of it caught on camera.

What we do know is that this man followed a middle aged woman - who was on her own - all the way to her home in his car, pulled up right behind her, blocking her in, then confronted her and didn’t let up even after she was a hysterical, weeping mess. An entirely one-sided confrontation in which she was submissive and clearly terrified throughout.

So it doesn’t take a lot of joining of the dots to conclude that maybe there’s more to this than another Karen getting what she deserves.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
He's selling Karen themed tshirts for feck sake
:lol:

Attention seeker and opportunist sounds about right. I wouldn't be surprised if any and all 'Karens' were in on it.
I'm not sure this "Karen" would agree to having her license plate and home address shared online knowing what would follow.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
There’s loads we don’t know. But everything negative the lady may have done relies entirely on one person’s version of events.

What we do know is that this man followed a middle aged woman - who was on her own - all the way to her home in his car, pulled up right behind her, blocking her in, then confronted her and didn’t let up even after she was a hysterical, weeping mess. An entirely one-sided confrontation in which she was submissive and clearly terrified throughout.

So it doesn’t take a lot of joining of the dots to conclude that maybe there’s more to this than another Karen getting what she deserves.
Absolutely, and that's where it should end but the article goes one step further and despite 0 evidence, uses a tirade of mental gymnastics to point out not that 'there's more to this than we know' but that it actually did not happen, that the 'Karen' is a poor victim and that the black person made it all up and is a cruel sadist. The article should just have said 'we don't actually know what happened, it's one persons word versus another' but that wouldn't be as long of a read or fit their agenda.

It's possible that he made it up, it's possible that he didn't. It's entirely possible and would be completely normal behaviour if she called him the N word in the heat of the moment, and then got upset when she realised what were going to be the consequences of her mistake and that his aggression made her even more terrified if she's a naturally submissive person. None of that means that anything is more likely than anything else.

DoomSlayer

If you frame something a certain way, people can be conned. I mean in general not just with regards this latest incident.

There is a famous story about a kid in school who gave a presentation about how dangerous the chemical "dihydrogen monoxide" is. "It can burn you as a gas. It causes global warming. It erodes granite." The student said this as a presentation and all the other students agreed. But dihydrogen monoxide is just another name for water.

The moral is, if you frame something a certain way, you can determine how people react.
Totally agree with you. One of the main reasons I use social media and forums like this one is to see how people in general respond to different situations, topics, discussions, events, reports. My findings mostly make me even more depressed than usual, so in a cynical and dark way, I try to find some humour in such things to keep myself as sane as possible.

Doesn't really work, but at least I try.

Dante

Average bang
There’s loads we don’t know. But everything negative the lady may have done relies entirely on one person’s version of events.

We actually do have some eye witness testimony.

The road rage was probably real. No mention of any racism, though, despite ample opportunity to discuss it with the lady who saw it happen.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I don’t know what happened. But anyone that treats someone in that level of distress, like that... is a cnut. feck them.
Just because you (May) have right on your side, doesn’t allow you to treat another like a punchbag.
feck all garbage people.
is a typical karen response to get back people slammed.
He also did nothing to her except film her.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

We actually do have some eye witness testimony.

The road rage was probably real. No mention of any racism, though, despite ample opportunity to discuss it with the lady who saw it happen.
It’s hard to work out what she’s saying but even if there was some “road rage” we’ve probably all flicked the v’s at strangers who we think are driving like assholes.

Following them the whole way home is a huge escalation though. Especially when it’s a man who corners a woman. Any man who would do that should be ashamed of himself. In my opinion.

That said, the way she reacted when he filmed her number plate does make it seem like she was more worried about her reputation than her safety.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I've only read the latest page of this thread and I genuinely have no idea what's going on.

Are all Karens evil now?

Dante

Average bang
It’s hard to work out what she’s saying but even if there was some “road rage” we’ve probably all flicked the v’s at strangers who we think are driving like assholes.

Following them the whole way home is a huge escalation though. Especially when it’s a man who corners a woman. That said, the way she reacted when he filmed her number plate does make it seem like she was more worried about her reputation than her safety.
Agreed.

I don't think she was worried about her physical safety at all. She spent the entire video hiding her face and her licence plate. Presumably because she didn't want to lose her job and have her life ruined. It's a reasonable response. Especially when she's so hard up that the car she's driving a 1996 Geo Metro valued at about $400. A week or two without a paycheck would conceivably be a huge deal for her.

If somebody came up to you and said that on a flip of a coin, you would either lose everything or carry on as normal, you'd probably be a bit upset at having to face the prospect. Some people might even panic. I don't think her reaction reflected well on her. But I understand it.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
She spent the entire video hiding her face and her licence plate. Presumably because she didn't want to lose her job and have her life ruined. It's a reasonable response.
If somebody came up to you and said that on a flip of a coin, you would either lose everything or carry on as normal, you'd probably be a bit upset at having to face the prospect. Some people might even panic. I don't think her reaction reflected well on her. But I understand it.
If she was totally innocent from committing any form of racism, and was totally confident of that fact, then why not confidently say into camera "I didn't do or say what you claim, so its impossible you have any evidence of me being racist" (or words to that effect). That's what I would immediately do if I was falsely accused of something.

She gets out of her car and is wailing within 5 seconds: Why the instant hysterics, of which he does nothing to provoke?
If it was just a road rage violation, why not just state that's what it was?
What exactly is she afraid of?

Last edited:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
If she was totally innocent from committing any form of racism, and was totally confident of that fact, then why not confidently say into camera "I didn't do or say what you claim, so its impossible you have any evidence of me being racist" (or words to that effect). Thats what i would immediately do if I was falsely accused of something.

She gets out of her car and is wailing within 5 seconds: Why the instant hysterics, of which he does nothing to provoke?
Aye, personally it's pretty clear she did it. Probably second nature without really thinking about her actions, then when he gets out and starts filming her she immediately realises the repercussions of her actions and loses her shit.

He's a prick for profiting out of it mind.

Dante

Average bang
If she was totally innocent from committing any form of racism, and was totally confident of that fact, then why not confidently say into camera "I didn't do or say what you claim, so its impossible you have any evidence of me being racist" (or words to that effect). Thats what i would immediately do if I was falsely accused of something.

I don't know. Maybe she was on the blob. She constantly denies everything though, I don't know how you could possibly miss that. None of the eye witnesses ever mention racism either.

It's not a crime to be an idiot or to be emotionally fragile or to be unable to think straight in a difficult circumstance. But it is easy to be clever after the fact.

Last edited:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
So, accusations of racism aside, this is what I perceive to have happened here:

• Two vehicles, a Honda Fit and a Geo Metro are travelling in the same direction on a two lane road. With the Honda possibly slightly ahead of the Geo.
  • At some point, the road becomes single lane and the Honda merges into the single lane as you would (not signalling is cnuty, though, even if it's following the flow of the lane)
  • The Geo's driver feels wronged, races ahead, possibly giving the Honda driver the finger, cuts in front and does a brake check (a supreme dick move and complete over response, which I have almost gotten into a fight over [twice], personally)
  • The Honda driver, having the time, follows the Geo driver and at some point he Geo driver attempts to pull off the road, they get out and the confrontation happens.
  • Being called out for their road rage, the Geo driver enters a state of hysteria upon realizing she is being filmed. Note she initially approaches the Honda driver with her hands up and not in hysterics.
  • The Honda driver remains fairly calm and is largely non-threatening, although these days you can say a smartphone recording you is some type of low level threat.

Where they Karen I: Geo driver karens when she is being called out for the road rage incident. Why doesn;t she accept that her reaction was terrible, apologize and move on?
Where they Karen II: Honda driver seems to also be a Karen and appears to have a history of this sort of thing. As the saying goes, if everyoneyou encounter acts like a cnut, maybe you are the cnut.

Verdict: Karen vs. Karen, though I have some sympathy for the Honda driver because brake checkers deserve to be throttled mercilessly and dumped in a canal.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Reading all that happened in this incident it's obvious to me that Karlos is after a bit of fame and I feel really bad for the woman because I feel her life is still going to get ruined after this.

The guy also been on divorce court btw

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

Following them the whole way home is a huge escalation though. Especially when it’s a man who corners a woman. Any man who would do that should be ashamed of himself. In my opinion.

That said, the way she reacted when he filmed her number plate does make it seem like she was more worried about her reputation than her safety.
Given that there are people on foot who saw it I doubt he had to follow her very far and he wasn't being at all aggressive.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Yeah for sure. The thread on this latest incident and the Justin Bieber one the other days shows they really need to cool it with the jumping to conclusions so quickly.
Not only jumping to conclusions but the excessive banning of everyone saying there wasn't enough evidence to believe this guy.

hobbers

Resetera is to political discussion what rawk is to football discussion.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
So, accusations of racism aside, this is what I perceive to have happened here:

• Two vehicles, a Honda Fit and a Geo Metro are travelling in the same direction on a two lane road. With the Honda possibly slightly ahead of the Geo.
  • At some point, the road becomes single lane and the Honda merges into the single lane as you would (not signalling is cnuty, though, even if it's following the flow of the lane)
  • The Geo's driver feels wronged, races ahead, possibly giving the Honda driver the finger, cuts in front and does a brake check (a supreme dick move and complete over response, which I have almost gotten into a fight over [twice], personally)
  • The Honda driver, having the time, follows the Geo driver and at some point he Geo driver attempts to pull off the road, they get out and the confrontation happens.
  • Being called out for their road rage, the Geo driver enters a state of hysteria upon realizing she is being filmed. Note she initially approaches the Honda driver with her hands up and not in hysterics.
  • The Honda driver remains fairly calm and is largely non-threatening, although these days you can say a smartphone recording you is some type of low level threat.

Where they Karen I: Geo driver karens when she is being called out for the road rage incident. Why doesn;t she accept that her reaction was terrible, apologize and move on?
Where they Karen II: Honda driver seems to also be a Karen and appears to have a history of this sort of thing. As the saying goes, if everyoneyou encounter acts like a cnut, maybe you are the cnut.

Verdict: Karen vs. Karen, though I have some sympathy for the Honda driver because brake checkers deserve to be throttled mercilessly and dumped in a canal.
Nah, she (the Geo driver) seems very ungobby for a Karen, if there is a definition for a Karen wouldn't it include; Never backs, down, doubles down, proves without doubt that they will Karen their way out of this if at all possible? If this is a Karen then she has little confidence in her part.

I don't know, all a bit suss on the detail, I have few doubts there was some cutting up, maybe by both, a few hand signals not approved in the Highway Code but in general we'll all see this during an average amount of journeys and most of us have the good sense to leave it all well enough alone or eventually we'll be a seething mess of anger, possibly with a knife left sticking in some part of us.

What we want out of our Karen Events does not seem to be overly satisfied here and the 'Victim' is not playing... the Victim very well.

Verdict.
Move on to the next undoubtable Karen moment asap.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Nah, she (the Geo driver) seems very ungobby for a Karen, if there is a definition for a Karen wouldn't it include; Never backs, down, doubles down, proves without doubt that they will Karen their way out of this if at all possible? If this is a Karen then she has little confidence in her part.

I don't know, all a bit suss on the detail, I have few doubts there was some cutting up, maybe by both, a few hand signals not approved in the Highway Code but in general we'll all see this during an average amount of journeys and most of us have the good sense to leave it all well enough alone or eventually we'll be a seething mess of anger, possibly with a knife left sticking in some part of us.

What we want out of our Karen Events does not seem to be overly satisfied here and the 'Victim' is not playing... the Victim very well.

Verdict.
Move on to the next undoubtable Karen moment asap.
I don't know, oates. She's reacting badly to being called out for shitty behaviour, refusing to acknowledge this and shutting down any discourse by being loud and obnoxious for no reason. I don't want to accuse her of weaponizing her gender in this one but it certainly looks a bit like that. "You're assaulting me!" Scream scream scream. I'll bet she was real gobby when she was safely in her car, flipping this guy the bird.

While most road rage incidents are indeed forgettable, a hard brake check is a horribly cnutish thing to do and anyone that does it deserves everything that's coming to them (except being crashed into).

But, overall this video wasn't enjoyable from any angle. 2/10. Next!

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
I don't know, oates. She's reacting badly to being called out for shitty behaviour, refusing to acknowledge this and shutting down any discourse by being loud and obnoxious for no reason. I don't want to accuse her of weaponizing her gender in this one but it certainly looks a bit like that. "You're assaulting me!" Scream scream scream. I'll bet she was real gobby when she was safely in her car, flipping this guy the bird.

While most road rage incidents are indeed forgettable, a hard brake check is a horribly cnutish thing to do and anyone that does it deserves everything that's coming to them (except being crashed into).

I think you are probably right about being gobby in her car, we all feel safe while we have a cage around us but she couldn't maintain it when tracked 4 or is it 5 blocks from the original incident?

The trouble with brake checking someone is all too often people actually brake. When you slow down the person behind may not in time. Try turning your lights off and on and disappear into the distance!

Agreed 2/10 :lol:

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat

It seemed to me that she saw the guy filming and was freaking out about getting cancelled since he immediately calls her a karen and films hee license plate, I don't believe him at all and feel really bad for the lady who might be receiving death rates over it or might get fired from her job because someone is trying to gain fame on her expense, he never once mentioned racism infront of witnesses and he seems like a bit of an attention seeker.

The poor woman already got doxxed, he is selling merch about this ffs.

VP

is a typical karen response to get back people slammed.
He also did nothing to her except film her.
Given that there are people on foot who saw it I doubt he had to follow her very far and he wasn't being at all aggressive.
When did recording people without consent become an acceptable thing to do? A man following a woman to her home and taking a video of her crying (and refusing to stop) is clearly being an aggressive prick.

Tarrou

it's not very Karenesque, just a very bizarre reaction

I wonder if we'll start attributing different names to the varying different types of meltdowns online

she seems like more of a Judy to me

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
When did recording people without consent become an acceptable thing to do? A man following a woman to her home and taking a video of her crying (and refusing to stop) is clearly being an aggressive prick.
Recording people in public is entirely legal in most places. And it is her number plate and not her person she seems distraught about protecting. He didn't approach her or even speak aggressively. If she cut him off and flipped him the middle digit and even more so if she was racist why shouldn't he say something. Being female does get you a pass on bad behaviour. And as for followed, how far did he follow her if the witnesses where on the scene and on foot. Plus here reaction is VERY bizarre.

VP

Recording people in public is entirely legal in most places. And it is her number plate and not her person she seems distraught about protecting. He didn't approach her or even speak aggressively. If she cut him off and flipped him the middle digit and even more so if she was racist why shouldn't he say something. Being female does get you a pass on bad behaviour. And as for followed, how far did he follow her if the witnesses where on the scene and on foot. Plus here reaction is VERY bizarre.
It may be legal but it's still not a nice thing to do (much like flipping the bird). Her bizarre reaction seems like a nervous breakdown which makes not recording it (and publishing it on a social media platform) all the more the decent thing to do. Being a minority doesn't give you a pass on bad behaviour either.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
So unless there is evidence, it didn't happen, is that it? Are PoC meant to have phones permanently on record for the moment they get racially abused? Anyway, he makes the allegation 4 or 5 times in the 15 min video.

It's obvious to me that she did what the man is accusing her of, else he wouldn't have been so enraged to follow and confront her. Else why would he? And she then is obviously trying to weaponise her reactions (wailing like a banshee, screaming 'stop threatening me', claiming 'he’ll ruin her life'). She could have destroyed his life by her accusing screams and yet she puts up a hysterical show for her oncoming twitteratti judgement.

Social media pile ons are now an established part of culture and people should know that. It's a very effective deterrent for racist people: don't be racist, and twitter won't come after you. In this case, she is very lucky that the man wasn't able to capture her racism on film, so Twitter will let it slip.

Why is it obvious to you? Because it’s what you want to see or have happened? The guy is acting like a knob, he clearly knows the Karen meme and is calling her Karen for humour. there’s no trauma on his part, seems he just wanted a video with some views and likes to me.

he seems pissed if that’s hes been spun, Not that he’s being called anything, that he just mentions briefly, so he’s blocked a woman in and harassed her? Real hardman