Social Media Justice: A "Karen" faces consequences for threatening a Black man with cops

Drainy

Yes. I have empathy. I would put myself in their position, they lose their job, got a criminal record, just because it's their bad luck they meet this couple on their day out.

Would we lose our cool if it's us and our wife on that position? Remember, they do not know better. We do
I grew up on a council estate in the North of England. I experienced this kind of behaviour occasionally growing up, its hard when someone is looking for a reaction so they can feel justified for their behaviour and to make it physical but best to keep calm.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Probably. But he's guilty on technicalities at best in my eyes. He shouldn't lose his jobs over this.
Not probably, is. People entrusted by the state to carry a firearm are expected to maintain a higher standard of behaviour. That's why brandishing a firearm is illegal. Otherwise, you'd have a lot more of these incidents and a lot more innocent people being shot.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Not probably, is. People entrusted by the state to carry a firearm are expected to maintain a higher standard of behaviour. That's why brandishing a firearm is illegal. Otherwise, you'd have a lot more of these incidents and a lot more innocent people being shot.
If the woman didn't have a firearm, they'll get into a fight and you can't guarantee what comes after in a fist fight.

You can only deescalate so far, if the other party are looking for a fight there's only a fight or flight. She's pregnant if I read it right? that's a dangerous time to get into a bitch fight.

I'm against guns, you can check my posting history btw.

Dr. Dwayne

If the woman didn't have a firearm, they'll get into a fight and you can't guarantee what comes after in a fist fight.

You can only deescalate so far, if the other party are looking for a fight there's only a fight or flight. She's pregnant if I read it right? that's a dangerous time to get into a bitch fight.

I'm against guns, you can check my posting history btw.
That's a whole lot of whataboutism. It could also be argued that if they weren't carrying firearms they would have stayed in their car and possibly drove off.

A person's opinion on firearms is largely irrelevant here. I love guns but tend to view anyone that carries as fearful.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
So can that black mother be a Karen?
She really went off there. Not sure what caused the initial grievance ( I heard her daughter got bumped by the white woman ?accidentally?) but her reaction seemed way over the top relative to what supposedly happened. I guess she felt disrespected and really went after the white folks looking for some sort of satisfaction.

Dr. Dwayne

So can that black mother be a Karen?
She really went off there. Not sure what caused the initial grievance ( I heard her daughter got bumped by the white woman ?accidentally?) but her reaction seemed way over the top relative to what supposedly happened. I guess she felt disrespected and really went after the white folks looking for some sort of satisfaction.
We'd probably need to know more. Obviously since the car bumped her daughter there's going to be a reaction. I think the current climate has probably made everyone involved a lot more edgy and assertive. This is not a good combination.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
You could pretend to get hit, get your guns out and shoot them dead.

But if that fact ever comes out you'll be jailed for premeditated murder.
in this instance you have justified the lady getting out of the car and waving a loaded gun in peoples faces by the fact that she hit the person and didnt want to get done for a hit and run

by your own logic she has hit somebody so in this instance on the facts according to you would the black lady have been justified in your eyes of pulling out a legal gun and pointing in the white womans face

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
in this instance you have justified the lady getting out of the car and waving a loaded gun in peoples faces by the fact that she hit the person and didnt want to get done for a hit and run

by your own logic she has hit somebody so in this instance on the facts according to you would the black lady have been justified in your eyes of pulling out a legal gun and pointing in the white womans face
I'm done.

You clearly thinks the couple is wrong. It's your view. Let's just agree to disagree

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Exactly the logic is totally backward and it's not as if they showed any interest for the girl outside of aiming and yelling at them, that's not how you avoid a lawsuit.

JPRouve

Scout
I'm done.

You clearly thinks the couple is wrong. It's your view. Let's just agree to disagree
Everyone in this video is wrong for different reasons, it's one of the rare cases where we don't have to pick a side. Why some of you want to do it and pick the couple is a mystery.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

I'm done.

For clarity I dont think the lady who got bumped would have been justified in waving a loaded gun in somebodys face... to do so would have been a felony assault just like the people who have done it have been charged with

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
We'd probably need to know more. Obviously since the car bumped her daughter there's going to be a reaction. I think the current climate has probably made everyone involved a lot more edgy and assertive. This is not a good combination.
The original bump happened outside/at the door to the Chipotle. The parking lot incident/bump happened because the black family followed the white couple demanding an apology and basically blocked their van from leaving.
That’s the story I’ve read.
The video only alludes to it because the video begins in the parking lot.
Sounds like someone should have de-escalated it before it got out to the parking lot.

Last edited:

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
:lol: Yeah twitter users have proven time and again their capacity for rational and sound judgement, never jumping to conclusions, never trying to hound people off the face of the internet for innocuous opinions or benign actions.

I skipped through the video because both sides were too pathetic to listen to, but he was clearly far more angry at being flipped off than anything else, since he repeated that about 30 times in the bits I did watch.
Where are you even going with this? If I get racially abused and don't (for whatever reason) push the the race card (yes the race card as I've seen that accusation on social and on here multiple times) it then becomes my fault?

Edit: This is what we mean when we say a higher burden of proof seems to be on minorities to prove racial abuse/injustice unless it's literally fully caught on camera (and even then, sometimes it's not enough).

Edit2: Just realised it's an old ass post, I'm sure someone already said what I posted...

Last edited:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Everyone in this video is wrong for different reasons, it's one of the rare cases where we don't have to pick a side. Why some of you want to do it and pick the couple is a mystery.
Cause I feel sympathy for the couple, they got their live destroyed because of this mother/daughter being a pain the arse and people are actually blaming them. I have no sympathy for the other white couple that brandishes their guns on the trespassing protester and wouldn't bat an eyelid if they're being thrown the book. It's the same feeling I feel towards George Floyd, people should not be treated like that.

It's illogical to argue over the internet over something that doesn't have anything to do with us personally, but I guess that's also the reason why people all over the world marching for BLM. Because they feel compelled to speak out. In this instance I feel the urge to defend the white couple. It's actually tiring to having to defend your positions over the internet, especially when your view are bit off from the consensus. But hey, you gotta speak out for something you believe, if you happened to disagree let's just do so in a good manner.

If I'm in America right now, I'd march for BLM, but on the same issue if the couples got jailed, I'd too march for them.

JPRouve

Scout
Cause I feel sympathy for the couple, they got their live destroyed because of this mother/daughter being a pain the arse and people are actually blaming them. I have no sympathy for the other white couple that brandishes their guns on the trespassing protester and wouldn't bat an eyelid if they're being thrown the book. It's the same feeling I feel towards George Floyd, people should not be treated like that.

It's illogical to argue over the internet over something that doesn't have anything to do with us personally, but I guess that's also the reason why people all over the world marching for BLM. Because they feel compelled to speak out. In this instance I feel the urge to defend the white couple. It's actually tiring to having to defend your positions over the internet, especially when your view are bit off from the consensus. But hey, you gotta speak out for something you believe, if you happened to disagree let's just do so in a good manner.

If I'm in America right now, I'd march for BLM, but on the same issue if the couples got jailed, I'd too march for them.
And you exposed why you fail to understand why some of us are able to point to what the couple did wrong, morally and legally, because you added affect in your reading of the situation and feel sympathy for one side. I feel empathy during the first part, I would understand if a physical altercation started but when they get into the car, it's a different situation and their actions are wrong.

hobbers

Where are you even going with this? If I get racially abused and don't (for whatever reason) push the the race card (yes the race card as I've seen that accusation on social and on here multiple times) it then becomes my fault?

Edit: This is what we mean when we say a higher burden of proof seems to be on minorities to prove racial abuse/injustice unless it's literally fully caught on camera (and even then, sometimes it's not enough).

Edit2: Just realised it's an old ass post, I'm sure someone already said what I posted...
It is an old ass post but in response to your point..

In the previous Karen incident the guy had a long confrontation with the hysterical woman without mentioning her racially abusing him once, despite repeatedly crying about her flipping him off dozens of times. But in interactions with other people he was quick to claim she racially abused him (while she was out of earshot no less). That is partly why the whole incident stank and then of course we later find out that Karlos Dillard had made seeking out and harassing white would-be Karens into a sort of sport so he could flog t shirts on his instagram.

It has the same burden of proof as anything else.

Dr. Dwayne

The original bump happened outside/at the door to the Chipotle. The parking lot incident/bump happened because the black family followed the white couple demanding an apology and basically blocked their van from leaving.
That’s the story I’ve read.
The video only alludes to it because the video begins in the parking lot.
Sounds like someone should have de-escalated it before it got out to the parking lot.
:lol: shit. It's been hard for me to understand how this one got so crazy. So it seems this is right out of an episode of Jerry Springer: one "you're disrespecting me!!!" and all hell breaks loose. America.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
And you exposed why you fail to understand why some of us are able to point to what the couple did wrong, morally and legally, because you added affect in your reading of the situation and feel sympathy for one side. I feel empathy during the first part, I would understand if a physical altercation started but when they get into the car, it's a different situation and their actions are wrong.
i really didn’t want to get involved in this but just one observation here. Yes they got in the car to drive off and the daughter walked away, that would have been done. The mother looked like she made a point of going behind the car to stop them going or getting hit or escalating it again imo. Once the car was hit, the driver of the car Did unfortunately have to get out again to check what had happened. They didn’t just get in the car and then get out again with guns to escalate.

Im not defending them brandishing guns in the slightest mind

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
:lol: shit. It's been hard for me to understand how this one got so crazy. So it seems this is right out of an episode of Jerry Springer: one "you're disrespecting me!!!" and all hell breaks loose. America.
:lol: I know.
Some people are just bat shit crazy. It doesn't take much to set them off.
We used to have a neighbour that would do stuff like this - it's crazy, embarrassing - all of that. And she wanted respect? :lol:

JPRouve

Scout
i really didn’t want to get involved in this but just one observation here. Yes they got in the car to drive off and the daughter walked away, that would have been done. The mother looked like she made a point of going behind the car to stop them going or getting hit or escalating it again imo. Once the car was hit, the driver of the car Did unfortunately have to get out again to check what had happened. They didn’t just get in the car and then get out again with guns to escalate.

Im not defending them brandishing guns in the slightest mind
I'm not sure if you quoted the correct post but that's not what happened, not only he doesn't even look at his car other than maybe a glance and he never cares about the girl well being. They went out to threaten them and make them back off, you are adding things that may have crossed your mind but aren't shown by their actions.
That's why I don't pick sides, they all acted in the weirdest ways, starting with the girl going behind the car but at a place where the car is totally out of the parking space and can just leave. There is nothing rational in that interaction.

afrocentricity

It is an old ass post but in response to your point..

In the previous Karen incident the guy had a long confrontation with the hysterical woman without mentioning her racially abusing him once, despite repeatedly crying about her flipping him off dozens of times. But in interactions with other people he was quick to claim she racially abused him (while she was out of earshot no less). That is partly why the whole incident stank and then of course we later find out that Karlos Dillard had made seeking out and harassing white would-be Karens into a sort of sport so he could flog t shirts on his instagram.

It has the same burden of proof as anything else.
Hold up, the posts around the time of yours state that there are witnesses to her starting the altercation am I right? If so, what does his apparent past of instigating Karen's for his T-Shirt line have to do with anything?

Either she said something racist, or she didn't. Seems like we don't know so you can choose to believe what you like, but the same way you see his claims of racism as suspect is the same way I see her lack of defence against said claims, she's a Karen regardless...

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I'm not sure if you quoted the correct post but that's not what happened, not only he doesn't even look at his car other than maybe a glance and he never cares about the girl well being. They went out to threaten them and make them back off, you are adding things that may have crossed your mind but aren't shown by their actions.
That's why I don't pick sides, they all acted in the weirdest ways, starting with the girl going behind the car but at a place where the car is totally out of the parking space and can just leave. There is nothing rational in that interaction.
I did mean to quote you but fair enough, I can see that view. I just thought the man and woman were on their way and were provoked into getting back out, fair enough they could have ignored it again

GiddyUp

Oh, so they pulled loaded weapons on someone because they were a pain in the arse. Unless someone's life is endangered from an extreme act of violence why pull a gun? Don't feel sorry for a cnut because they don't have it in them to verbally argue with another cnut. People that pull guns in situations like these should never be allowed own a firearm. You fecking deal with it like the millions of other people everyday who have to put up with shit. Pulling a gun makes you a coward.
This is a situation where those people deserve charges and as for his job, tough shit, go join a fecking militia with the other weak minded cowards. As for the other instigators, well I hope their family members and friends tell them how lucky they were to walk away from that. Could have gone down hill very fast because you can't shut your fecking mouth.

JPRouve

Scout
I did mean to quote you but fair enough, I can see that view. I just thought the man and woman were on their way and were provoked into getting back out, fair enough they could have ignored it again
I agree with that part, they were provoked into getting back out and they fell for it. They could also have left the vicinity but remain in an other area of the parking lot, check the car and call the cops.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Oh, so they pulled loaded weapons on someone because they were a pain in the arse. Unless someone's life is endangered from an extreme act of violence why pull a gun? Don't feel sorry for a cnut because they don't have it in them to verbally argue with another cnut. People that pull guns in situations like these should never be allowed own a firearm. You fecking deal with it like the millions of other people everyday who have to put up with shit. Pulling a gun makes you a coward.
This is a situation where those people deserve charges and as for his job, tough shit, go join a fecking militia with the other weak minded cowards. As for the other instigators, well I hope their family members and friends tell them how lucky they were to walk away from that. Could have gone down hill very fast because you can't shut your fecking mouth.
So I take it you have it in you to verbally argue with another cnut any time of the day?

AFC NimbleThumb

This./

AFC NimbleThumb

Hold up, the posts around the time of yours state that there are witnesses to her starting the altercation am I right? If so, what does his apparent past of instigating Karen's for his T-Shirt line have to do with anything?

Either she said something racist, or she didn't. Seems like we don't know so you can choose to believe what you like, but the same way you see his claims of racism as suspect is the same way I see her lack of defence against said claims, she's a Karen regardless...
Just go to the source.

Karlos [the man recording] is an idiot & probably equally unhinged but watch people corroborate parts of his story throughout the 2nd slide.

The man is an antagonist but the woman [according to eye witnesses] was an aggressor at some point of the confrontation. People who were actually there, not some people across the Atlantic behind their keyboards, say she started the confrontation so don’t waste your time debating it with ITKs who refuse to listen/see what’s on camera.

Drainy

Mama bear overreacting to her 15 year old daughter overreacting to accidentally getting bumped into by a pregnant woman. Then the couple overreacting to verbal barrage, accusations and harassment from mama bear and 15 year old once they perceived that they weren't being allowed to leave in their car.

All very stupid. At least the 15 year old has age as an excuse, though she doesn't come across well even for her age.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
The phrase of "respect needs to be earned" seems to be very foreign to some people.

:lol: I used to see incidents like that all the time (without the guns).
My daughter spent last summer in the city (San Fran) and was amazed at the aggro she witnessed.
She's had a sheltered life, of sorts, so it's good practice for when she moves to downtown Chicago in late August. It'll have (hopefully) helped her cope better with the screaming idiots.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I agree with that part, they were provoked into getting back out and they fell for it. They could also have left the vicinity but remain in an other area of the parking lot, check the car and call the cops.
Yep

afrocentricity

Just go to the source.

Karlos [the man recording] is an idiot & probably equally unhinged but watch people corroborate parts of his story throughout the 2nd slide.

The man is an antagonist but the woman [according to eye witnesses] was an aggressor at some point of the confrontation. People who were actually there, not some people across the Atlantic behind their keyboards, say she started the confrontation so don’t waste your time debating it with ITKs who refuse to listen/see what’s on camera.
Well... thats that then. The video is supercringe though :nervous:

AFC NimbleThumb

Well... thats that then. The video is supercringe though :nervous:
The man is an idiot but no one has debated that. Reflecting back there were a number of posters who simply refused to believe the testimony of people who were actually there & wanted to position the lady purely as a victim.

She’s obviously unstable & on the video being hounded but off camera multiple people saw her acting differently.

Too many people enter this thread with a need for one person to be right whilst the other wrong - both people in that video are idiots.

InfiniteBoredom

If I yelled at an Irish, getting close to their face spewing saliva all over them in times of Corona, you'd think I'd get away with just verbal fight? And once I start banging on your car you'd go down, and continue Verbal fight round 2?
You are making a fool out of yourself here.

I don’t own a firearm and never will, but even I know the #1 rule that if you don’t intend to shoot, you don’t point it at another person. In this case, an unarmed person.

Being confronted by idiocy is no excuse for being an idiot yourself. The moment that couple brandished their weapons to threaten the black women, they broke the law and deserve every consequences coming their way. You can feel sorry for them, but their actions were indefensible. Leaving, staying in the car and call the police were all perfectly reasonable options available to them, rather than being macho ammosexual pieces of shit.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
You are making a fool out of yourself here.

I don’t own a firearm and never will, but even I know the #1 rule that if you don’t intend to shoot, you don’t point it at another person. In this case, an unarmed person.

Being confronted by idiocy is no excuse for being an idiot yourself. The moment that couple brandished their weapons to threaten the black women, they broke the law and deserve every consequences coming their way. You can feel sorry for them, but their actions were indefensible. Leaving, staying in the car and call the police were all perfectly reasonable options available to them, rather than being macho ammosexual pieces of shit.
This is not being macho ammosexual, this is asking for a human being to not having emotion and acting based 100% on logic, and when they fail doing so because they're human being, they're being labelled as idiot.

You're asking a human being to stand down, even when being shouted by someone he barely knows knows, even if someone's banging on his car and against his pregnant wife.

You're all must be zen master here.