Sol Campbell - Finally gets a job

MoskvaRed

I remember when Tony Adams became manager of Wycombe and immediately came out with words to the effect that the players were too thick to understand the sort of tactics he’d been used to at Arsenal. I fear Sol may be cut from tbe same cloth.

Kammy26

I never knew sol Campbell had the personality he has. I’ve never really paid much attention to arsenal players. Especially around the time sol was playing.

Just looked up some interviews with him on YouTube. On one of them he’s on the BBC breakfast show, talking about his book. He calls his own book inspirational on live TV with a straight face. Feck me :lol::lol:.

SparkedIntoLife

He's a brexiteer and a tory.

What sort of personality were people expecting?
Ironic comment. Over 50% of our country are Brexiteers. Over 50% of our country are Tory voters. Probably many of your friends and family members fit into both those camps (unless you choose people to associate with based on political votes). Can you not see how this is an obnoxious, self righteous and frankly arrogant position to hold? Seriously.

John_Jensen

I never knew sol Campbell had the personality he has. I’ve never really paid much attention to arsenal players. Especially around the time sol was playing.

Just looked up some interviews with him on YouTube. On one of them he’s on the BBC breakfast show, talking about his book. He calls his own book inspirational on live TV with a straight face. Feck me :lol::lol:.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He’s the closest thing we have to a real Alan Partridge

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Someone could really make a great sitcom with a lead character based on Sol Campbell.
Played by Sol Campbell. He also plays his own wife, mother, father and children.

When the show bombs, it’s due to the fact they had to use one white actor as the Campbells neighbour, as Sol was too busy to also play the role.

——-

I am going to look like an absolute tool if the guy is successful.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
I'm glad he finally got a managers job, now it becomes put up or shut up!
He has talked the talk but can he walk the walk.

He would be a grade A knob whatever colour he was but good luck to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Art Vandelay

Not long ago he was refusing to take jobs in the lower leagues because he thought he was too good for it. While other ex pros were trying their hand at youth coaching or the lower leagues, Sol was just moaning that EPL clubs didn't want him because he was black. Nothing to do with his refusal to gain experience and work his way up, or his massive sense of entitlement...

He'll play the race card again when he's sacked probably.
It's inevitable with him, he's such a delusional twat that he does more harm than good. He will accept no responsibility at all when this goes tits up.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just over 10 years ago Paul Ince actually took the same job in the same circumstances for his first managerial role.

He kept Macc up in the league, got a move to Milton Keynes and got them promoted and then two years later was managing in the premier league (all downhill from then).

That does show if Sol Campbell does very well and keeps them up better clubs in league 2 and league 1 will come calling and then he can really progress in the role.

I'm just happy he's got a chance now so he can stop bleating to the press every two weeks about not getting a chance.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Why has the media gone on a run of headlines suggesting that he didn't get a job sooner because he's black.

It's pretty evident that he didn't get jobs because he's an absolute weapon of the highest order.

Words of wisdom from ol moany Sulzeer

"I’m 30 now and in five years' time I won't be in this country. That's definite. Italy looks good to me because it would suit my kind of football. Spain is an option." - He joined Portsmouth

“Mansion tax. Now that would really affect me. Maybe that is selfish, but it is a real thing.” - On the proposed Mansion Tax (He's a Tory)

"I'm one of the greatest minds in football and I'm being wasted because of a lack of experience" - After being rejected by Oxford (They offered the job to Craig Bellamy who had worked at youth level to gain experience)

"Go to Germany, they love people who speak their minds. They got the jobs. I'm sorry that I've got a mind, but don't be scared of that. That should be something you want at your club, but obviously not." - Telling the world he's brainy again.

"I've got no OBE, MBE, nothing. And no one says anything… How can I have this career? And be who I am? And no one's said anything? To get an MBE, just three people have got to write in. Three people have never written in about Sol!” - On having no friends

TL/DR;
- If something good happens it's because he's the smartest, most handsome and talented man to ever grace the beautiful game.
- If something bad happens it's because the whole world of football is a racist cesspit and these racists are holding back his brilliance.
That sounds just like the football equivalent of Trump.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Played by Sol Campbell. He also plays his own wife, mother, father and children.

When the show bombs, it’s due to the fact they had to use one white actor as the Campbells neighbour, as Sol was too busy to also play the role.

——-

I am going to look like an absolute tool if the guy is successful.
:lol: quoting this for future reference.

Minimalist

Ironic comment. Over 50% of our country are Brexiteers. Over 50% of our country are Tory voters. Probably many of your friends and family members fit into both those camps (unless you choose people to associate with based on political votes). Can you not see how this is an obnoxious, self righteous and frankly arrogant position to hold? Seriously.
Neither is my comment ‘ironic’, nor are those percentages correct.

But I’m glad I triggered a lurking snowflake right-winger into posting something this week. Now be gone.

Last edited:

Okey

Yep. I'm just so happy he's finally got a job. May be Macclesfield trying to recreate the Paul Ince experience but who cares? All that talk, now let's see some action Sol. I honestly hope he's successful. It'll be quite a shame if he's shown up to be hollow. Hopefully even he knows being a poor manager has no colour. He can ask his fellow ex Arsenal centre back...

SparkedIntoLife

Neither is my comment ‘ironic’, nor are those percentages correct.

But I’m glad I triggered a lurking snowflake right-winger into posting something this week. Now be gone.
Wow you’re a nasty one. Your comment is ironic because you’re exhibiting the negative character traits associated with Sol Campbell - arrogance and ignorance.

In your worldview, Brexiters and Tory voters are bad people. In actual fact, you’re a bad person and your self righteousness is stunningly unjustified. You have blanketed millions of people in the UK for political leanings far more nuanced than you are capable of grasping. What a pitiful way to view people. There’s both awful and great people on the left and the right. Get out of your tribalistic echo chamber you absolute numbskull.

No I won’t be gone. I have just of a right to be here as you.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Wow you’re a nasty one. Your comment is ironic because you’re exhibiting the negative character traits associated with Sol Campbell - arrogance and ignorance.

In your worldview, Brexiters and Tory voters are bad people. In actual fact, you’re a bad person and your self righteousness is stunningly unjustified. You have blanketed millions of people in the UK for political leanings far more nuanced than you are capable of grasping. What a pitiful way to view people. There’s both awful and great people on the left and the right. Get out of your tribalistic echo chamber you absolute numbskull.

You might be gone. You should be arguing against the post and not abusing the poster.

SirAF

Ageist

*popcorn gif*

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

Sols message for Mac Town fans seems to be me me me
"great place for me to start"

"You've got one of the best players in the world coming to your club"

"I don't want relegation on my CV"

Jesus :lol:

Carolina Red

Staff

Actually... can you not turn a comment meant as a dig on Sol Campbell in a thread poking fun at Sol Campbell into a political discourse?

That’d be great.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I think he should answer every question every interviewer asks him with 'I'm Sol Campbell'.

SparkedIntoLife

Actually... can you not turn a comment meant as a dig on Sol Campbell in a thread poking fun at Sol Campbell into a political discourse?

That’d be great.
Maybe refer to Minimalist’s original post which I objected to and see who took the topic to divisive political realms. This is happening in lots of non political threads and I’m absolutely sick of it. Constant anti Brexit, anti Tory sentiment in threads that have no right to go down those routes.

But hey, as I don’t fall on the ‘correct’ side of the political discourse here, all this is ignored and I’m the one who gets the warnings.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I remember when Tony Adams became manager of Wycombe and immediately came out with words to the effect that the players were too thick to understand the sort of tactics he’d been used to at Arsenal. I fear Sol may be cut from tbe same cloth.
Yup. Similar players and careers before management, both clearly not the full shilling, both probably lacking the interpersonal skills to bond and get their messages across effectively.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
"I know some Macclesfield fans will probably be saying 'what is going on here?' But you've got an international footballer, who has been one of the best footballers in the world, coming to your club. I think it's a nice mutual balance there.”

Thanks for backing up my opinion Sol! Entitled much?
:lol: that's dreadful if true. He's come out with so much shit and is so unlikable, but I still want him to do well. Go 'ed Sol lad.

48 hours

I think he should answer every question every interviewer asks him with 'I'm Sol Campbell'.
Interviewer - Excuse me sir, how are you spelling Sol?

Sol - “S as in Sarah look it’s Sol Campbell. O as in Oh my, it’s Sol Campbell. L as in look at me, I’m Sol Campbell”

Parry Gallister

I find him funny and oddly likeable. Yes he's a right winger and a nutter, but most of his antics aren't a world apart from various others' which people lap up, he just gets more distain chucked at him.

Deleted member 101472

Sol - “S as in Sarah look it’s Sol Campbell. O as in Oh my, it’s Sol Campbell. L as in look at me, I’m Sol Campbell”
:lol::lol::lol:

Gem of a post on an otherwise depressing page

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
We should appreciate Sol Campbell will never see anything like him again. Because of social media we will never see a Footballer this lacking in self awareness.

Cloud7

He was the assistant manager to our national team for a bit. Considering how highly he regards himself, I was surprised that he took on such a lowly job.

Last edited:

Brophs

The One and Only
I really want him do okay, if only because, given enough time, he’ll end up doing something like this at some stage

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"

:lol:

'You are Sol?'

'What did you just call me?'

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I find him funny and oddly likeable. Yes he's a right winger and a nutter, but most of his antics aren't a world apart from various others' which people lap up, he just gets more distain chucked at him.
Right Winger? He’s a Centre Back you daft brush. And he won’t even play for them so I don’t know what his playing position has to do with anything.
PLEASE!