Solskjær sack watch | 2019/20 edition

dev1l

Why is it no other team in world football needs a three year rebuild?
I dont think they ll give him 3 years. More like this season and maybe the next.
His job this season would be to shift the deadwood and see which of the younger players can make it or not.

C'est Moi Cantona

Guess it's hard for the 'board' to sack someone, when they know full well they need sacking too, it's just the blind leading the blind.

I'm genuinely intrigued now to see how bad it's going to be allowed to get for a club like United, we seem to want to keep Ole for no other reason than he's not complaining, most of the players seem happy enough, alot of the fans are just passive to the whole thing now, and the press are been strangely quiet about the situation, to the to hell with any sort of ambition for the club anymore.

USREDEVIL

I'm not yet Ole out (somehow) but I know he won't be sacked this season. We won't get too near the bottom three, we'll continue to have these sorts of results, win, lose, draw, end up around 6-8th and then we will see what happens next year. The season is a write off by the club. They've invested too much PR into this being a sea change for the club with Ole at the wheel. Way too much "it's a process" talk to think they're going to make any change.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Guess it's hard for the 'board' to sack someone, when they know full well they need sacking too, it's just the blind leading the blind.

I'm genuinely intrigued now to see how bad it's going to be allowed to get for a club like United, we seem to want to keep Ole for no other reason than he's not complaining, most of the players seem happy enough, alot of the fans are just passive to the whole thing now, and the press are been strangely quiet about the situation, to the to hell with any sort of ambition for the club anymore.
Not sure about the players being happy. I mean maybe they are but then I think back to that De Gea interview.

C'est Moi Cantona

Not sure about the players being happy. I mean maybe they are but then I think back to that De Gea interview.
De Gea, has just signed his new contract on the back of years of rubbish football, so I don't think the football we play, or been here is making him unhappy, it's just words to make him seem like he cares about how bad we have become.

I think only Pogba is so genuinely unhappy with the current situation that he wants out.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Such a lazy nonsensical comment I hear too often on here! Of course no ones fecking happy if we finish tenth! We’re a far more powerful business and brand if we’re winning! Don’t forget the hundreds of millions we’ve wasted over the last seven years either
It's not lazy or nonsensical. The fact that other managers are sacked for less and Ole is comfortably worse than them, with the board actually doubling down on backing him publically, shows that the standard for Ed has fallen.

Roboc7

Well it does sound like the players, staff and board are happy with the long term plan. I think this is the right way. Ole might not be the one in the end. We can’t keep working on quick fixes like we have done.

Time will tell if this was a good plan going forward long term.
I doubt anyone is in least bit happy with the current shambles, truth is nothing is going to plan. There won’t be a long term, might not even be a next week.

A bad long term plan will ultimately be more damaging than a quick fix and no more successful. Ole definitely isn’t the man to take the club forward, never has been.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
They dont inform journalists about impending sackings but they would notice it if he's losing the dressing room. All three managers before him had plenty of warning in advance.
I'm not entirely sure he's lost the dressing room, as such, but the players are no longer responding to his methods on the pitch.

After five years of oppression under LVG and Jose, they finally have a manager they can laugh and joke with and who won't publically condemn their performances. Not to mention the majority of them get paid 100K+ a week for the privilege.

Would you want to risk losing that?

Acquire Me

I doubt anyone is in least bit happy with the current shambles, truth is nothing is going to plan. There won’t be a long term, might not even be a next week.

A bad long term plan will ultimately be more damaging than a quick fix and no more successful. Ole definitely isn’t the man to take the club forward, never has been.
You are very sure of this. Funny.

Roboc7

You are very sure of this. Funny.
Yep it’s just the most likely outcome. People who have failed repeatedly have entrusted a very flimsy plan to someone lacking competence. That person is also completely dispensable and will be ditched when others need to save themselves.

It’s not guaranteed but the most likely outcome is that long term plan will never be seen through. The huge shock will be if they do stick with it and it actually works but that’s extremely unlikely.

Acquire Me

Yep it’s just the most likely outcome. People who have failed repeatedly have entrusted a very flimsy plan to someone lacking competence. That person is also completely dispensable and will be ditched when others need to save themselves.

It’s not guaranteed but the most likely outcome is that long term plan will never be seen through. The huge shock will be if they do stick with it and it actually works but that’s extremely unlikely.
The fact that long tail strategies are better than short tail should be a factor in this case.

I don’t know if Ole is the right fit for a long term rebuild, but he is here now doing it with all the shit it brings. We may find out that we want someone else to take over after this season. But sure as hell a long tail strategy is better than a quick fix. Sacking Ole now would be so damn stupid and would prove that our board are the worst. It’s not going to happen, they are not that stupid.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
First thing i do every day is to check if he's been sacked yet.

It will be like Christmas come early when he's gone.

Ban

I'm not entirely sure he's lost the dressing room, as such, but the players are no longer responding to his methods on the pitch.

After five years of oppression under LVG and Jose, they finally have a manager they can laugh and joke with and who won't publically condemn their performances. Not to mention the majority of them get paid 100K+ a week for the privilege.

Would you want to risk losing that?
There are cetrainly rumblings. Matić started it in September by questioning his not playing, Rashford said something along the lines if we attack we're good after Sheffield, DDG said we lack quality in areas. It doesnt mean much and I dont think he lost the dressing room either but it's certainly not nothing.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
This will be the longest, drawn out sacking in history, because it's going to reflect horribly on the idiot who appointed him in the first place. And Ed is not going to want that to happen.

Buckle up, boys, it's going to be a fun ride.
It will reflect even worse if he doesn't act.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
There are cetrainly rumblings. Matić started it in September by questioning his not playing, Rashford said something along the lines if we attack we're good after Sheffield, DDG said we lack quality in areas. It doesnt mean much and I dont think he lost the dressing room either but it's certainly not nothing.
I have noticed a change since Newcastle too. Yesterday, there was plenty of fighting & shouting amongst themselves on the pitch after we went 1-0 down. I bet it's not a happy camp at all and that, they're questioning the coaches/arguing amongst themselves behind closed doors.

AneRu

I'm not yet Ole out (somehow) but I know he won't be sacked this season. We won't get too near the bottom three, we'll continue to have these sorts of results, win, lose, draw, end up around 6-8th and then we will see what happens next year. The season is a write off by the club. They've invested too much PR into this being a sea change for the club with Ole at the wheel. Way too much "it's a process" talk to think they're going to make any change.
They had also invested around €400m on Jose and extended his contract the season before sacking him. They also briefed that Jose was safe a day before the sacked him. What is PR to a bunch of leeches that stay in Florida and are in it for the money?

Woodward, the embicile, will do what he is told when he is told to do it. He is the one who might worried about losing face but then he doesn't report to the fans does he?

Results are what will cost Ole his job but what might delay his sacking is the fact that the Glazers won't want to pay for Pochettino and would rather wait until the season is over to get him for free. The added caveat is that he would have rested a bit.

I happen to prefer Rodgers by they way but I think Pochettino is Woodward's ultimate first choice. He is a David Moyes that went to private school, someone who can build a team on the cheap and get it punching above its weight with the difference being the weight division Pochettino had Spurs playing at was the heavyweight division not the 6th to 8th that Moyes operated at when he was at Everton.

AneRu

If he acts he's admitting he made another huge cock up. He's not going to want to do that.
I think he damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. If he sacks him then he is admitting he got it wrong, again. If he delays then he is viewed as a man who allowed his ego to cloud his objectivity which ultimately cost the team the whole season.

I don't think Woodward is coming out of this one without consequences. He might not be sacked but he will surely lose the control of the football side and be forced to name a DOF or have one installed for him. Anything less will be idiotic on the Glazers'/Board's part, not holding my breath though.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Aye, that's true enough. I think losing to Spurs midweek may see him sacked regardless of our players' feelings on the matter.

Imagine getting sacked following a defeat to the team managed by the guy you replaced, only to then get replaced by the guy who got replaced by the guy who just got you sacked.

Congratulations if you managed to read and follow the above sentence without your brain falling out of your head.

The Bloody-Nine

Woodward will have no choice in the matter. Once the call comes in from Tampa, Ole is gone.

And as if this is Woodward’s cock up, as if Ed sat there thinking about sacking Mourinho and though, I know who can save us, that bloke from 99. :lol:
Woodward appointed him. How is this not his cock up?

Shark

@NotShark
First thing i do every day is to check if he's been sacked yet.

It will be like Christmas come early when he's gone.
As much as I think the sooner he's sacked, the better, it feels more grim than ever. I certainly won't be jumping around, the club is in a tragic state.

el3mel

Woodward appointed him. How is this not his cock up?
Woodward can invent any BS when he sacks Ole to escape the blame as usual, I don't think it'll be a problem for him eventually, and his position at the club is unquestionable as long as the Glazers are around so it's not going to take a hit anyway. Ole might or might not stay for the full season but I'm pretty sure by Jan with these results still going on, Ed will start seeking a new manager, particularly Poch. It's hard for him to not to.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Imagine getting sacked following a defeat to the team managed by the guy you replaced, only to then get replaced by the guy who got replaced by the guy who just got you sacked.

Congratulations if you managed to read and follow the above sentence without your brain falling out of your head.
:lol:

(Can confirm that my brain fell out.)

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Woodward can invent any BS when he sacks Ole to escape the blame as usual, I don't think it'll be a problem for him eventually, and his position at the club is unquestionable as long as the Glazers are around so it's not going to take a hit anyway. Ole might or might not stay for the full season but I'm pretty sure by Jan with these results still going on, Ed will start seeking a new manager, particularly Poch. It's hard for him to not to.
Four successive management failures (3 of which were appointed by him), multiple finishes outside the top four, on top of a transfer expenditure just shy of £1 billion quid.

I don't think Ed's job safe at all.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
No chance we sack him two days before another game. He’s here to stay. We’re fecked.
I said back in the Summer, before the season started that Ole will be fired in 2019 and I still stand by that.
I could be wrong (he only has to last 28 more days), but if we do lose to Spurs and MCFC, then that could be it.

PoTMS

When we do eventually sack him, no club in the Premier League or even Championship will want him. I wonder if Molde would take him back.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I said back in the Summer, before the season started that Ole will be fired in 2019 and I still stand by that.
I could be wrong (he only has to last 28 more days), but if we do lose to Spurs and MCFC, then that could be it.
I'd be very surprised

Someone

Something
We're always too late in making those decisions. He'll be sacked but only after it's too late to salvage anything from the season.

I love the man, I wanted him to get the job, but I was wrong. I don't think we're making any progress on any front. We need to accept that we made a mistake and move on.

USREDEVIL

Aye, that's true enough. I think losing to Spurs midweek may see him sacked regardless of our players' feelings on the matter.

:houllier: