Solskjær as permanent manager?

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
It’s one game, Christ.

Can’t we just be bloody happy we won and played good football without either a) annointing Ole as the messiah or b) acting miserable and saying the game means nothing?

manunited1919

Hmm. There is a poll already for the next permanent manager. If we continue playing this way, Ole will be gaining more and more votes.
It’s early, things went our way in this game. But sometimes you make your own luck, which I think we did today with the positive attitude.

Revan

Assumptionman
I like Ole and said 6 years ago that if the plan was for a long term manager which has some relation to SAF, it should have been him, not Moyes as our choice.

Now, just wait a bit. If things go good and we see continuous progress, then yes. But the decision should be taken months from now.

kps88

This thread is going to be bumped after every good and bad result, isn't it?

mu4c_20le

The real test is when things aren't going well, heads are dropping, or when we go up against opposition stronger than us. That would be a test on Ole's tactical nous. Everything fell in place today, especially the bright early start. It really settled the nerves and allowed our boys to enjoy their football.

Devil81

Far too early to say but if anyone knows the Sir Alex way of doing things it's Ole and Mike Phelan.

Liverpool would promote from within during their heyday and I kinda see this as doing the same.

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say he will do enough to get the job, not based on the evidence of today but the fact I think if he can show he's capable then he's actually the perfect fit.

Siorac

Contract for eternity.

(but perhaps let's wait until May)

abaka

I would love him to be the permanent manager. But it was Cardiff and the team was on a high. Could we depend on him if we were in a bad run of form and coming up against the better teams.

Mourinho might have stifled the club a lot but his approach to big games was understandable....playing great attacking football against Cardiff is one thing but if this squad went up against City or Liverpool like that, the scoreline would be reversed. Does Solskjaer have enough tactical versatility to be a permanent manager is unanswered....Let's just enjoy the day, concentrate on the next game and make these decisions in a few months time.

The_Podgy_Poet

Supports
Hartlepool United
Godammit, I knew this would happen.

It's been ONE game. One glorious game, but one game all the same. Maybe when he wins more games this season than Cardiff has you can revisit the conversation (although even then it's ridiculously premature).

Siorac

Statistically speaking, he's the greatest United manager of all time.
Time for another statue at Old Trafford.

(though actually a small statue of his last minute winner somewhere would be nice)

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
It's a very romantic idea, but it's waaay too early to make this step from the club's position. They definitely shouldn't rule out such option, whilst making a deal in advance with Zidane for example.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
I am sure we would all love him to be the manager, but he has to be consistent.

If we keep performances like this then I would give him the Job.

Fergie wanted Moyes to be given time, I'd be happy to give Olli time if the standards are similar as today.

I know we won't win them all like this but the positive attitude we had today was perfect and no other manager in the world could have done better.

R'hllor

How you doing this, cant you just take a seat and enjoy a bit without going all loco.

LARulz

Whilst I agree there is no real need for this thread, it does seem like the vast majority of people didn't actually read the OP

Thiagoal

I would love him to be the permanent manager. But it was Cardiff and the team was on a high. Could we depend on him if we were in a bad run of form and coming up against the better teams.

Mourinho might have stifled the club a lot but his approach to big games was understandable....playing great attacking football against Cardiff is one thing but if this squad went up against City or Liverpool like that, the scoreline would be reversed. Does Solskjaer have enough tactical versatility to be a permanent manager is unanswered....Let's just enjoy the day, concentrate on the next game and make these decisions in a few months time.
Against the big sides we'd need to be a little more cautious but the likes of City and Liverpool play their usual style against the big sides so why can't we?!? Today has proved that this group of players play 100 times better when on the front foot and so this needs to be our mantra going forwards! Man for man we don't need to have an inferiority complex about anyone!

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Hope he galliantly gets Utd to 1 point off from 4th spot, Woodward decides he's taking the club in the right direction, be happy to wait one more year for Poch. Everyone's happy.

Another 4-1 against Huddersfield please. :angel::devil: