Solskjær press conference vs Brighton (A)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Solskjær has arrived
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer previews the Brighton match this morning.

Samid

Angel Gomes on the agenda
Angel Gomes is only contracted to play for United until tomorrow, so we can certainly expect an update on his future this morning.

SATA

I am surprised Dortmund or Juventus haven’t yet pick up on Gomes considering the penny pinching cnuts they are in the market

cyberman

Angel Gomes is only contracted to play for United until tomorrow, so we can certainly expect an update on his future this morning.

He looks so tiny

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Rashford needs a goal but I'm surprised press are picking this up so early. He set up Martial with 2 assists just against Sheffield.

Samid

Solskjaer reacts to FA Cup draw
"We're delighted to be in the semis to be against a team we've played so many times, 18 months and we seem to play Chelsea every other weekend it's a game we're looking forward to."

SATA

19 years old and already driving a mercedes. It’s good to be a footballer

Samid

Battle for the top four
"I think there are many teams for that battle for third fourth, Leicester, Chelsea, us, Wolves doing really well, Tottenham, Arsenal and Sheffield United wanna put a run together and put a challenge in there, exciting for fans, been waiting for football that matters, we want fans in the stadiums but at least now we can sit back and watch some exciting games."

Samid

United's unbeaten run
"The players are working really hard and want to do as well as they can and for me as a team we're trying to implement our ideas, talk about 14 games we can talk about the next one, go into the next game knowing you've won the previous game it's a good place to be in."

Samid

More on Angel Gomes future
"To be honest, I've not heard from them last night or this morning, it seems like they haven't managed to agree so the answer is probably short and yes, then."

Samid

Solskjaer on Rashford
"Of course Marcus has been out for a while but I think he's looked sharp, he came on and looked sharp against Norwich, against Sheffield United he missed one or two chances but the goals he created is what we're focusing on and he's on his way to the best season ever, I'm looking forward to him getting more minuets and he'll definitely score a goal soon."

Samid

Importance of Champions League qualification
"I think every year you're in the Champions League is a great experience, for the players it's a step forward, for us it's what we're striving to do winning trophies and we need to focus on one game at a time and there are so many teams that want that place, can't get distracted about looking too far ahead and onto the next one."

Samid

United yet to beat Brighton away in the Premier League
"Of course, there's a reason because they're a good footballing side, play football and make it hard for you, not been down there myself and fans of course they matter and have an impact on games and football, to get out of this lockdown period is gonna be fantastic but at the moment we have to deal with the situation as it is and as an away team sometimes it helps you but then again when you're at the bottom pressure of fans can get to you and give an extra edge."

Samid

Luke Shaw crucial to United's current form
"We manage the squad and manage players differently and Luke's had a good upturn in form had a spell out and is playing some good football, let's see if he starts this one."

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

is he on the phone there?

Samid

Solskjaer asked if playing without fans affects tactical approach
"The lack of fans of course affect the players some thrive on it, it looks slower I think the game, without the fans, the noise passion helps, even the view from a sofa all the physical stats show not a big difference.

The ball is more in play at the moment but you've got to create your own atmosphere and enthusiasm in there, some players thrive on crowds, some players relax more with now crowd and express themselves more, individual teams and players react differently."

croadyman

Yet again we are shown to be acting as a business not a football club which doesn't surprise me.

Means that we seem to lose people at end of their contracts and are far too slow to negotiate deals as well.

pacifictheme

I know this has been done to death a bit but it is mental that someone who has had no success at senior level is already earning so much money. I know its the same at loads of clubs but it's no wonder they end up greedy. They've made it without even nailing a first team place.

Not a comment on gomes specifically, just generally.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No, this is more me saying when are we going to sign someone without it being drawn out over weeks.
No it isn't:

Yet again we are shown to be acting as a business not a football club which doesn't surprise me.

Means that we seem to lose people at end of their contracts and are far too slow to negotiate deals as well.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

You do understand that Manchester United IS a business? We pay wages, thus its a business.

You can't just keep giving money to people, it has to come from somewhere as well.

SATA

Underpaid? How much is he paid currently and what is the current terms offered to him now? No one knows really. There is also no evidence that he is better than Jesse at this point of time. In future yeah probably, but he definitely isn’t now. Ole isn’t scared to play the youngsters if they are good enough

mu4c_20le

Was thinking the same. Youth and reserve team star and already made it.

We've offered him a contract long ago and probably around the same time as other youth prospects, so this is an odd statement. This is not like the Pogba situation at all. You act as if we should have tied him down to a long term deal before he got too big for his boots, as if to enslave him. If he leaves it's because he didn't want to sign, we need to accept that.

Embargoed quotes

Samid

On why Gomes hasn't signed
"You can ask Angel [Gomes] why he's not signed. He's not signed yet, I don't know what the talks are behind the scenes.

Angel's a top kid. Of course there are people around him that advise him to do different things. If he doesn't sign, all the best to Angel and I'm going to follow his career. If he signs for us, let's kick on."

Samid

Warning Rashford, Martial and Greenwood not to get too comfortable
"You need competition for places at United. If you think you’ve got a divine right to be playing every game and are doing so well that we’re not going to look for players to replace you, you’re in the wrong place.

I’ve been there myself for so many years as a striker and Teddy Sheringham comes in, Dwight Yorke comes in, Ruud van Nistelrooy comes in, Wayne Rooney comes in. We’ve always got to look at improving, and if they don’t improve, we might have to look somewhere else to get better because we have to be better. We’re too far away from where we need to be and want to be."

Samid

On Rashford, Martial and Greenwood only having scraped the surface of their potential
"They know that I trust them, they know I want the best for them, but they also know I’ve got to make decisions for the team and the club. They’ve all taken responsibility at different parts of the season and I’m delighted with all of them.

For us as a group, it was time to allow our forwards to feel that confidence and feel that demand of playing and being demanded to play every game. That’s how you get to another level. I think all three have had a good development this season, but they can be so much better. I’m still waiting to see them blossom because there are parts of their game that they still need to improve on.”

Samid

On going undefeated for the remainder of the season
“Complacency kicks you somewhere you don’t want to get kicked in football.

Brighton, we’ve lost the last two when we’ve gone down there. We’ve got Bournemouth, who we’ve lost to [this season]. We’ve got Aston Villa, who we drew with at home. We’ve got Palace, who we lost to at home. We’ve got West Ham that we’ve lost to. Every game is one we have a point to prove in.”