Solskjær press conference vs Brom (A)

Fingeredmouse

Troll is your name and a surname would be bshitter to be called out. Now, English being my 4th language, go and re-read again which may improve your comprehension. IF we do not reach EL semis again it is a regress, and once again, one off games mean nothing. Now welcome to my bshitters blacklist, you bstobecalledout.
For feck sake.
OMG stop threating me 4 eva.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Hadn't realised this one was in doubt. It's looking like such a stupid idea keeping the Euro comps going alongside domestic seasons. I know there simply isn't the time in the calendar to do something similar to last season (those stupid Euros have to be played), but they could have at least made these 1-legged ties surely.
Why is it a stupid idea? You want the Champions league/ EL to stop? You know how much money it brings? If you can find the way let´s do it. Don´t find reasons to stop it but rather means to continue. There is already enough loss made by restrictions. Players are tested etc. What is the real problem?

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
That's good news about Shola and Hannibal. Making it to the first team training while still in their teens. Clearly our flow of talent from the academy will increase under Ole.

Helps to tell the first team that if you don't perform, a teenager can come in and so better than you. Good sign.

Hopefully they get a few games here and there till the end of the season. Perhaps in the Europa.
Doesn´t mean they will be involved anytime soon but certainly a good time for them to make an impression. I´d bet Mejbri will be considered much sooner though. He´s got that bite in him and mentality. Shola will take a bit longer imo.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Has anyone else noticed the improvement in results since Ole stopped driving his SUV to the pressers?

And before anyone says it, no, I don't believe in coincidences.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Why is it a stupid idea? You want the Champions league/ EL to stop? You know how much money it brings? If you can find the way let´s do it. Don´t find reasons to stop it but rather means to continue. There is already enough loss made by restrictions. Players are tested etc. What is the real problem?
Because the whole continent is in lockdown, and leagues are struggling enough to keep going domestically without the added risk of unnecessary contamination and spreading. It goes completely against the spirit of lockdowns/restrictions on travel that are currently in place. Now we're at a stage where two clubs from different countries are having to add another country into the mix in order to find a place to play. It's a farce and undermines the integrity of the tournaments. If one side can't play at home, why should the other get the advantage of a home leg? Also, European tournament football without fans is even more depressing than domestic. It just feels like watching a match on FIFA.

They should have just decided on a week to do the knock-out stages, single-ties, at the end of season like last year. They could have seen the wave that was coming by the end of the knock-out stages. I just think the whole thing is a bit desperate.

SirScholes

The hundreds of staff members involved not just players and mistakes always happen
I’d sack of euro competitions until everything is under control

James35

Finishing second will be an improvement on third of course (although I don't believe we will, I think 4th). Winning a trophy would be solid progress and a success as long as we also stay in top four.

We finish out of it and without a trophy, Ole should definitely be sacked.

big rons sovereign

Finishing second will be an improvement on third of course (although I don't believe we will, I think 4th). Winning a trophy would be solid progress and a success as long as we also stay in top four.

:rolleyes:

Withnail

Nah, just pissed about the way we lost against Leipzig and now all of a sudden seeing Ole mentioning Europe as a progress. Ffs, he himself said it was all about being in CL. Anyways, as we are not winning the league this season, here's hoping we win EL.
Ffs he literally said he's not claiming we've made progress yet and we'll see at the end of the season.

big rons sovereign

You think Ole will deserve to stay if we finish out of top four and win nowt?
Yes I do.
Within reason of course.
Sacking him would be incredibly counter productive.
I mean, the obvious progression since Jose got the boot is there for all to see.
Aside from the odd hiccup, teams are actually becoming afraid of us again.
City will probably win the league, and rightfully so, but I'm more than happy to see us push them all the way. When was the last time we could say that?
As for cups, there's no guarantees with cups, they're one off games where anything can happen.

James35

Yes I do.
Within reason of course.
Sacking him would be incredibly counter productive.
I mean, the obvious progression since Jose got the boot is there for all to see.
Aside from the odd hiccup, teams are actually becoming afraid of us again.
City will probably win the league, and rightfully so, but I'm more than happy to see us push them all the way. When was the last time we could say that?
As for cups, there's no guarantees with cups, they're one off games where anything can happen.
I do believe we will finish in the top 4 and he will then deserve to stay.

However if (a very big if) after being where we have been this season with the promising signs of pushing the likes of City and Liverpool at the top, to then capitulate and end up 5th or 6th on top of not winning anything (especially after already losing 4 semi finals in a year) then I for one would expect him to be sacked.

big rons sovereign

I do believe we will finish in the top 4 and he will then deserve to stay.

However if (a very big if) after being where we have been this season with the promising signs of pushing the likes of City and Liverpool at the top, to then capitulate and end up 5th or 6th on top of not winning anything (especially after already losing 4 semi finals in a year) then I for one would expect him to be sacked.
That's fair enough, but I don't see it that way. The way the league sits this year I think there's going to be very few points between say, 3rd and 6th.
I'd expect him to have another year to push on really. I think he'd deserve it.

Grande

Do you see any progress in Europe? I see a huge disappointment thus far. If we do not reach semis in EL, it will actually be a regress compared to last season. Hopefully, we win the whole thing though.
Brügge 1-1, 5-0
Linz ASK 5-0, 2-1
København 1-0
Sevilla 1-2

vs

PSG 2-1, 1-3
RB Leipzig 5-0, 2-3
Basaksehir 1-2, 4-1

You could argue it, but having watched the games and evaluated the opposition, I think it’s fair to say we’ve progressed.

Amir

They should have just decided on a week to do the knock-out stages, single-ties, at the end of season like last year. They could have seen the wave that was coming by the end of the knock-out stages. I just think the whole thing is a bit desperate.
Well, it is done out of desperation. Desperation for money.

el3mel

I see a big improvement, yes. We had the hardest group and put in some great displays to give us a chance most thought we didn't have. Ultimately let down by a poor defensive performance away.

Now your saying about where we have to reach in EL but you should compare the competition we face this year over last year rather than just the stage.

Last year we had Lask and Copenhagen before losing to Sevilla. Beating RS alone will be an improvement on last season.
I can't withstand anyone defending CL exit by such lame excuses like hard group and stuff. We needed one freaking point out of our 2 games and we lost both. We were the only team in the group who didn't defeat that rubbish Turkish team who were participating in the CL for the first time in their history and they took not one point but fecking 3 from us. The CL exit was an absolute disaster and a dark memory that took me a lot of time to get over.

We did well to comeback from it afterwards though.

EliotTheRed

I dont get such posts. Would be great to see the least exciting of our midfielders...exactly how is that great??
I’d like to see him have more minutes to hopefully get his confidence up. Granted it’s not been the best of starts for him but more time on the pitch might be good for him. I’m only trying to be positive.

Shiva87

I’d like to see him have more minutes to hopefully get his confidence up. Granted it’s not been the best of starts for him but more time on the pitch might be good for him. I’m only trying to be positive.
Don't think you need to justify being positive. No harm wanting an exciting young player to get minutes, even though he hasn't perfomed well so far. Some posters here enjoy writing off players before they have even got their foot into our club.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Because the whole continent is in lockdown, and leagues are struggling enough to keep going domestically without the added risk of unnecessary contamination and spreading. It goes completely against the spirit of lockdowns/restrictions on travel that are currently in place. Now we're at a stage where two clubs from different countries are having to add another country into the mix in order to find a place to play. It's a farce and undermines the integrity of the tournaments. If one side can't play at home, why should the other get the advantage of a home leg? Also, European tournament football without fans is even more depressing than domestic. It just feels like watching a match on FIFA.

That is indeed a farce. But like with many people travelling for work and having exceptions this shouldnt stop it. Few football teams under the most serious security conditions wont change the speed of the spread. Football like any business has so much bounds to economy and shouldnt be stopped if you follow the rules. You know teams dont travel and let their players wander round to have some fun. They travel form one place to another and are highly quaranteened.

If you opt for no football, because it´s depressing don´t tune in, it´s your choice I still enjoy it. It is obviously a huge loss but weve been talking about it before the restart. Football without fans still better than with fans. Just get on with it.

bsCallout

I can't withstand anyone defending CL exit by such lame excuses like hard group and stuff. We needed one freaking point out of our 2 games and we lost both. We were the only team in the group who didn't defeat that rubbish Turkish team who were participating in the CL for the first time in their history and they took not one point but fecking 3 from us. The CL exit was an absolute disaster and a dark memory that took me a lot of time to get over.

We did well to comeback from it afterwards though.
Your point doesn't disagree with mine though. What you've said are facts. But last season we only beat Lask and Coppenhagen. This year we've already beat Leipzig and PSG, that's an improvement whichever way you look at it. Still not good enough but definitely better.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The hundreds of staff members involved not just players and mistakes always happen
I’d sack of euro competitions until everything is under control
The staff members involved aren't really a problem at all. The problem are the absolute clownhats that keeps going to parties and social events, not adhering quarantining and generally going about their daily lives as usual. They are the problem. not the miniscule number of positive tests in football.

In essence: The people that do not quarantine and take good precautions against infection are the problem., NOT those who do.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Has anyone else noticed the improvement in results since Ole stopped driving his SUV to the pressers?
Yeah - and it's no coincidence.

The question is how he gets there now.

I can think of two possibilities, both of which I kinda like (for very different reasons):

1: Duncan Edwards style (on a bicycle).

2: Michael Owen style (in a helicopter).

POF

Really, though?

No one thought he was a defensive midfielder. Not in the fan base. People have always said that he's a box-to-box midfielder being made to play defensively in a double-pivot. If he's got the reputation from within the hierarchy that he's a so-called defensive midfielder then it's surely derived from Ole persisting him in that role.

You can't shove a square into a circular hole and then refer to it as a so-called circle as if it's not a self-fulfilled prophecy.
When McTominay was forced into playing as a striker for the u23s, MUTV asked him what his best position was and he said he was a defensive midfield player.

Everyone knows he's not a defensive midfielder . . . . . except the player himself.

wolvored

Also Eufa would have to reimburse the media companies, sponsors etc, which would probably bankrupt them, so no way can these comps be stopped.

wolvored

He will be sacked if we finish 5th. I think we will finish top 4 though, a good chance of 2nd now Liverpool are in freefall, but a good way still, behind the champions.