Solskjær press conference vs Brugge (H)

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
17:19
Ighalo
Is he in contention to start
I won’t tell the team today but we will have to rotate with all the games coming up and he’s one that could start, we’ve not 100% decided yet.

Rolaholic

FFS, starting to sound like he might even be questionable for the Euros at this point

DomesticTadpole

17:21
More on Ighalo
Did you see Ighalo as makeshift and how do you see him fitting into tactical approach
Odion is a diff tupe of striker, a goal scorer, we have seen him in training he knows how to play as a centre forward he’s a fantastic pro and human. He has already added to the squad and they’ve taken to him. We hope he will sharpen up he needs to do a little extra after trianing. We need to give him as much game time as possible. I’m sure he will take his changes.

DomesticTadpole

17:23
On back three
You want a couple of ways of playing. A United team normally don’t play back three we have done for a few games and with the players we have fit it’s been a good option in a few games. Plenty of midfielders who can do that position and attacking midfielder and we have centre backs fitter.

DomesticTadpole

17:24
Pereira
I’m back here in Belgium. I’m looking forward to it and my friends are looking forward to it.
Impact of Ighalo and Fernandes.
We had really good training sessions and it was good for team spirit as well. Bruno and Odion settled in really well and they have got on board very quick.
He’s adapting to a new team and we will see him get better and better and hopefully Odion can come in and do the same thing.

DomesticTadpole

17:25
Solskjaer on City ban
At the mo we are talking about this tournament we dream about winning this tournament. We have to improve and get better and be consistent if we get results we have a chance.

DomesticTadpole

17:26
On Aaron Wan-Bissaka
What have you been working on with him?
We have been working on patterns and movement and relationship with strikers. The strikers need to get in the box, fill the box with more players we’ve not had too many numbers in the box. Aaron has provided a few nice assists now he has a big part to play. When you’re at United as a full back you do have to provide assists.
He’s one of the best one v one defenders I’ve ever seen.

DomesticTadpole

17:28
On the schedule
It has a big impact, two days recovery is not a lot. We had to prepare for this spell coming up. We have seven games in 21 days starting on Monday and ending against City. We have a big squad and we have 19 here. A couple of youngsters haven’t travelled.
I’ve got to make not too many but many enough to keep consistency and we want players feeling part of the team.
You would want to get a game on a Sat before a Thursday but we can’t complain it is what it is. I just mentioned it because it’s not the best of prep. These boys are brilliant and just get on with it. They’re young and fresh and recover quickly.

DomesticTadpole

17:29
More on fixture schedule
May you have to prioritise this comp?
I hope we go through and get this problem but I have a squad with two players in each position now. We would rather have too many games than not enough.

DomesticTadpole

17:29
Pereira on Brugge
I think we all know they’re a good team and have good players. I have watched them play against Real Madrid and we have prepared well we have to be focused and prepare well.

DomesticTadpole

17:30
Pereira on Fernandes
It helps me and the other midfielders as well. It’s important for the team and I’m happy to have played a lot of games this season. It’s down for me to show it on the pitch even more and make sure I play more games.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The original leaker said Rashford was going to be out for the season. Ole downplayed it at the time because the general mood surrounding the club was terrible. Now after signing two players and winning a tough away game is the perfect time to reveal the true extent of the injury. He should move into PR/politics when he's done with football management.

DomesticTadpole

17:31
Solskjaer on Rashford
He had a scan and it was maybe more severe than what we hoped and expected. He felt fine a few days before that.
I didn’t know it takes that time to recover. When it heals he will be stronger for it so it’s important we don’t rush it.

mu4c_20le

On Aaron Wan-Bissaka
We have been working on patterns and movement and relationship with strikers. The strikers need to get in the box, fill the box with more players we’ve not had too many numbers in the box. Aaron has provided a few nice assists now he has a big part to play. When you’re at United as a full back you do have to provide assists.
Lies. We don't do coaching, according to the Caf.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think all we're likely to see from Pogba is a few token games at the end of the season for him to stretch his legs in the shop window.

DomesticTadpole

17:32
On Erling Haaland
Any regrets you missed out on him?
I normally never comment but since I have had Erling I’m delighted for him. He’s a top boy I want the best for and he’s started fantastically for Dortmund. For Norway it’s brilliant we have a striker who can score again.

wolvored

He's always backtracking and saying different things.
I agree. Remember when he said he didnt understand why managers sub players with 5 minutes to go as they need 20 mins to get into the game. Just says the first thing that comes to him at that time.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
17:31
Solskjaer on Rashford
He had a scan and it was maybe more severe than what we hoped and expected. He felt fine a few days before that.
I didn’t know it takes that time to recover. When it heals he will be stronger for it so it’s important we don’t rush it.
Bloody hell he really doesn't do himself any favours. Sounds like an absolute amateur here.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
On Aaron Wan-Bissaka
So he did notice it. These two things that we haven't done much for most part under Ole. Which I find it weird, with him as a striker who should know much of how to attack.

Tel074

FFS, starting to sound like he might even be questionable for the Euros at this point
United should make sure he misses the Euros. He needs a complete rest so it would benefit him and United if he gets a summer off

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
So he did notice it. These two things that we haven't done much for most part under Ole. Which I find it weird, with him as a striker who should know much of how to attack.
It's almost as if he knows exactly what the problems are but isn't good enough to fix them.