Solskjær press conference vs Brugge (H)

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It's almost as if he knows exactly what the problems are but isn't good enough to fix them.
Or maybe he doesn't have good enough players? How do you turn the likes of Martial into a Haaland? or Pereira and Lingard into Bruno?

But maybe you're right. We'll see.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Or maybe he doesn't have good enough players? How do you turn the likes of Martial into a Haaland? or Pereira and Lingard into Bruno?

To be honest, I think if he had a brilliant squad he would be an immense manager because his style of play relies on the ability of his players. The better the player he has the better the performance performance he can get out of them.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
We definitely have the worst medical team and facilities out of any top team. Whenever I read comments from other top teams, their medical team always predicts their injured players return from injury exactly in few days, while our medical team has problems guessing the month of return. Absolutely unacceptable at this level, and it happens every single year.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
How disappointing.

I only open these threads to see the not-photoshopped photo of Ole at the wheel and that smile.

tjb

So he did notice it. These two things that we haven't done much for most part under Ole. Which I find it weird, with him as a striker who should know much of how to attack.
Or he noticed this prior and has been trying to implement it and its just starting to work

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
We definitely have the worst medical team and facilities out of any top team. Whenever I read comments from other top teams, their medical team always predicts their injured players return from injury exactly in few days, while our medical team has problems guessing the month of return. Absolutely unacceptable at this level, and it happens every single year.
Its very annoying. Luke Shaw was out for about 3-4 months for what seemed a minor enough hamstring Injury. Then where the feck is Tuanzebe? Gets injured in the warmup in October and hasn't been seen since. Rojo not so long ago had a mystery Injury where he wasn't seen in a couple of months either. No one seems to have a clue what's going on

Member 90887

God, the negativity on here is tiring.

He's not gonna be sacked this year. Can we stop trying to find something bad in each thing he says or does? It's similar to the Mourinho's last months.

What's amateurish about thinking that a an injury is less serious than it actually is? What's wrong with changing your mind? How is that flip flopping and how is that bad?

There's no point in being negative for the sake of it. He's not gonna get sacked.

Gator Nate

He's always backtracking and saying different things.
Specifically on Pogba, I think he's trying to hit a moving target. It's not a one-variable equation, particularly when Mino Raiola is sticking his nose into things.

To be honest, I think if he had a brilliant squad he would be an immense manager because his style of play relies on the ability of his players. The better the player he has the better the performance performance he can get out of them.
This becomes very obvious when you see quality players available. With Rashford and Martial both on the field, things were much improved there. As Fred has gained time on the field, the midfield started opening up. You'll see even better when Bruno fully integrates. When the whole back line is healthy and present, things go much better.

My frustrations watching the game are the hesitations and flat-out backing off by players in the middle of a run. Rather than take the risk and make the pass forward, they stop and go backwards or pass back. They take the front line out the equation with that. And it's almost always an individual decision at the point in play, not some designed tactical move.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Hopefully, mate. With the addition of Bruno, and maybe Ighalo, we may see things improved. I always thought that our attack was too light and soft, and lacked of "game changer". I'm hoping Bruno might solve some of this problem.

DFreshKing

Yea he tends to flip flop a shocking amount of times but never gets called out on it
100%, you can see it in this thread too, all the fans have is praise for the job he's doing and things he says.

I'm getting tired of it to be honest, all I want is a bit of realism every now and again.

I know its his press conference thread and all but come on, there's always room for a bit of objective criticism.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He's always backtracking and saying different things.
He's probably trying to manage the shit show of Pogba's bullshit. Ole probably doesn't want to play him as he clearly doesn't give a feck about United and that would make Ole angry given how much he loves the club. But the Manager can't say "he'll never play for me again" as all that does is take money off his valuation and put pressure on Ole and the rest of the team. Therefore it's wiser to just keep backtracking on Pogbas training schedule.

I'll be surprised if he plays any meaningful amount of games between now and the end of the Season.

Bestietom

Relevated said:
It's almost as if he knows exactly what the problems are but isn't good enough to fix them.

He needs money to fix the problems, and this will take time with 70million net. to spend each window. (last 3 windows)

the gafferjs

Perhaps the wrong thread but the revelation about Rashford just confirms for me that it is clear OGS is censored and or told what to say and when by the Clubs Press Team. Granted that happens at every club but I noticed it in his interview on Monday after Chelsea game, he clearly wanted to say more about Pogba but was then hushed up...This Rashord thing, IMO, they knew weeks ago it was what it was but only now are they saying it is that because they have got Ighalo in on loan and got a positive post break return result so now is the "best" time to break the news. Cynical I know but guess that is how these things operate now.

I would love OGS to come out and say what he really thinks but that is unlikely to happen if he wants to keep the job I suppose.....

Speaking of cynical, trotting Pereira out is another attempt at trying to get people to like him etc. Issue is people watch games with their eyes, no amount of positive PR is going to get people to love him when its obvious he is just the teachers pet at the moment.

Dr. StrangeHate

He could have kidnapped Haaland like Fergie did Berbatov.

Dr. StrangeHate

100%, you can see it in this thread too, all the fans have is praise for the job he's doing and things he says.

I'm getting tired of it to be honest, all I want is a bit of realism every now and again.

I know its his press conference thread and all but come on, there's always room for a bit of objective criticism.
You talk about realism yet most Ole inners compare him to Fergie (the best manager of all time) and Klopp (the best manager currently). You can't put him on the rank of the best in history and expect people to judge him as a rookie.

DFreshKing

You talk about realism yet most Ole inners compare him to Fergie (the best manager of all time) and Klopp (the best manager currently). You can't put him on the rank of the best in history and expect people to judge him as a rookie.
I prefer the term supporting the manager but whatever floats your boat.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Team news
We had a couple of knocks in training, but hopeful will be okay. 25-man outfield squad so a good session., We are looking stronger.

Samid

Fosu Mensah and Tuanzebe close?
They are getting close to either a reserve match or behind closed doors match. We need them to play in that kind of game before they can make a first team appearance.

Last edited:

Samid

Europa League best chance to qualify for Champions League?
I think we need to take one game at a time. In cup competition, you never know. A bad day etc. We take on game at a time and take as many as we can in the league.

Samid

Solskjaer's birthday plans
It will be my youngest [son's] training in the academy tonight so I will watch him. Then some Champions League games tonight.

Samid

Squad options improving
The squad has coped really well with that amount of games, I’ve said that character and personality of them is improving and December and January were really hard hard months. Now we’re getting players back and we’re looking sharp.

Luke had two months out and now he’s come back well and done well in a different position. He runs forward more as a left back than a left wing back!

Samid

Shaw on Solskjaer impact
He has been unbelievable and has brought a smile on our faces. Of course you see with him, he has been brilliant and the lads are really enjoying it, more so now we are getting better results. We have got an important second half of the season, Ole has been great and we enjoy working under him.

Samid

'Bruno is x-factor'
We feel we've added some x factor quality with Bruno. Anthony coming back, he was out for a couple of months, means he’s getting used to the no.9 position.

Scott has developed but Nemanja and Fred have done well. The addition of Bruno gives us a bit of a different flavour. He likes to play forward passes and take risks, which a Man United player should do.

Samid

On Bruno Fernandes impact
His imagination and his over view, picture, is a couple of seconds ahead of many players. It is one of his strengths, he knows what he wants to do. He can change his mind in a split-second. That composure has been important.

Samid

Personality?
You need many many attributes to play the perfect game or be the perfect team. We want the swagger, the confidence, to believe in ourselves, but you still want your players to be humble.

I played with Becks, Giggsy, the graveyard shifts down the side. That’s one of the compliments the gaffer used to get from other managers - they had ability but also worked harder than the others.

I want my team to be one of the hardest working teams in the league. But that’s not an attitude thing. That’s what you’re supposed to do.

Samid

What Solskjaer wants from his players
You can blossom more with confidence, and speaking to the manager, getting them free. You want them to be free. Play with courage, bravery and you want bit of fear in you. It is a fine balance between arrogance, confident, humble.

Samid

Fernandes will develop
I think Bruno will only improve by coming here to a stronger league, stronger opponents and stronger teammates, getting used to us.

We want to develop that x-factor. He’s come in and impressed everyone but we don’t want to put a limit on what he can do.

Samid

Brugge missing three key players
We need to play against 11 players, so it might change. If Vormer and Dennis are injured it does something to them. I know Diata is back in, he is the most exciting player. He is fit I understand, he might be a handful for Luke.

Samid

Only PSG have more clean sheets than United in Europe's top leagues...
It’s the work we do on the pitch and the quality of the players we’ve got - and perhaps at times a bit of luck, margins.

We did sign Aaron and Harry in the transfer market for big sums of money, but they were worth it as we want a foundation to build from.

We’re not happy winning games 1-0, we want to be attacking, but the coaching has been fantastic, absolutely incredible and the application of the boys, adapting between a back three and back four. It’s that work that’s been done.”

Samid

Shaw hungry for success with United
It is a massive ambition for me. I was there for the Europa League final, and the feeling, even though I wasn’t on the pitch was a feeling I have not felt and I wanted more of. I wasn’t involved and that is what is pushing me on even more to get into this final, and others. We should be in finals and we should be in all competitions until the end. We are very confident at the moment.