Solskjær press conference vs Brugge (H)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Shaw on recent form
I think I’m still quite young and I’ve got a lot to improve on. I want to improve as a player day in day out and keep working hard.

I don’t need to pay too much attention to what people say in the media, it’s sometimes good and sometimes bad. So I’ve got to focus on myself and the people that matter.

I’m feeling really good and can’t wait to get back out on the pitch. I’ve had a lot of stick and if you come to Manchester United you need to take that and people are always ready to criticise you. There’s only high standards here, so we need to be strong, but we need to be on that pitch when it matters and give it everything we’ve got.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Bailly and Tuanzebe close?
They are getting close to either a reserve match or behind closed doors match. We need them to play in that kind of game before they can make a first team appearance.
Didn't Bailly play last week ?

Samid

Shaw on pressure at United
It is completely different to other clubs and everyone when you sign that piece of paper you know how different it is going to be. You have to be able to deal with it. If you are not strong mentally and confident you will struggle to deal with it. You have got to focus on tomorrow right now and do our best.

Samid

Shaw on United ambitions this season
We are still in two cup competitions and the league is still a very high priority. we have got a good chance to get in the top four and we have a very good chance in both cup competitions. We want to win all of them.

Samid

Solskjaer on Krépin Diatta
He tries things, he has got the x-factor, fantastic pace and balance. He is similar to Sadio Mane.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
You talk about realism yet most Ole inners compare him to Fergie (the best manager of all time) and Klopp (the best manager currently). You can't put him on the rank of the best in history and expect people to judge him as a rookie.
That's nonsense. Who's doing that? Mentioning traits he may have picked up from Fergie or saying Klopp was given time is not the same as comparing their ability. Most people who don't want him out the door recognise his flaws but see enough progress to show him some support. I think that's fair enough. The hyperbole and sensationalism in the argument do nobody any favours. We do all support the same club.

Samid

Is Shaw a senior player with Williams under his wing?
Shaw: I think so now.
Solskjaer: You’ve become dad now...
Shaw: Yeah I have to! Me and Brandon play in the same position but a few times we’ve played together and I’ve enjoyed it. Although we’re both in the same position and we want to be playing, I want to help him and push him to be a great player that he can be.

We’ll keep pushing each other in training, he’s pushed me more than I have been in the past and I think it’s good for the boss to have that competition for places.

Samid

Solskjaer asked about pressure of qualifying for Champions League on club finances
We are a big club we have got good finances but the longer you are out of it the more you will suffer. It is an ambition to get back for football reasons and for financial reasons. We have just got to focus on next game.

Utdstar01

Bailly and Tuanzebe close?
They are getting close to either a reserve match or behind closed doors match. We need them to play in that kind of game before they can make a first team appearance.
Was Chelsea not a first team game then?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Only PSG have more clean sheets than United in Europe's top leagues...
It’s the work we do on the pitch and the quality of the players we’ve got - and perhaps at times a bit of luck, margins.

We did sign Aaron and Harry in the transfer market for big sums of money, but they were worth it as we want a foundation to build from.

We’re not happy winning games 1-0, we want to be attacking, but the coaching has been fantastic, absolutely incredible and the application of the boys, adapting between a back three and back four. It’s that work that’s been done.”
Wait, is that true? Or does this stat include our Europa League games?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Makes sense that it includes our Europe League run, which was quite impressive, to be fair. We only have 7 in the league though.
11 of those clean sheets came the past 16 games btw. We're tightening up hard recently.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
no updates/questions on Pogba?
Is there any closer to be first team full training?
He doesn’t need to keep updating every 5 minutes. The guy has returned to training, that much we know. When he’s ready to play competitively, we’ll be informed.

Let’s get on with players who are ready

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg

Amerifan

Solskjaer asked about pressure of qualifying for Champions League on club finances
We are a big club we have got good finances but the longer you are out of it the more you will suffer. It is an ambition to get back for football reasons and for financial reasons. We have just got to focus on next game.
Awesome job with the posts Samid! Thanks!

RUCK4444

You talk about realism yet most Ole inners compare him to Fergie (the best manager of all time) and Klopp (the best manager currently). You can't put him on the rank of the best in history and expect people to judge him as a rookie.
Ok so literally nobody has made that comparison. :rolleyes:

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
What's the case actually with Adidas? Werent't we going to miss out on huge sums in case we miss out in CL twice in a row?

Kappa123

Solskjaer on Krépin Diatta
He tries things, he has got the x-factor, fantastic pace and balance. He is similar to Sadio Mane.
Who? :lol:

Feck it, throw him out right and let's go. Can't be worse than James.

*edit: He plays for Brugges. Well then...

Amerifan

What? Read the thread again. Literally no one thinks he’s the next Fergie or Klopp. The comparisons are to show what is possible if given a chance.

Handré1990

Shaw on Solskjaer impact
He has been unbelievable and has brought a smile on our faces. Of course you see with him, he has been brilliant and the lads are really enjoying it, more so now we are getting better results. We have got an important second half of the season, Ole has been great and we enjoy working under him.
Oh dear, that’s going to go down well :lol:

Dve

Amerifan

Isn't that the same thing?
Not at all. No one is suggesting Ole will reach Fergie or Klopp’s level. The point they are making is we will never know what level Ole can reach if we sack him too early. Had they sacked Fergie and Klopp every time they struggled neither might have achieved their full potential.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
We definitely have the worst medical team and facilities out of any top team. Whenever I read comments from other top teams, their medical team always predicts their injured players return from injury exactly in few days, while our medical team has problems guessing the month of return. Absolutely unacceptable at this level, and it happens every single year.
From top to bottom we are underperforming.
The club needs to be gutted and only then will we return to winning ways. And that starts with Woodward.

In this thread somebody even talks about a head scout. Apparently we have a scouting network. My question would be why are we unable to unearth any hidden gems? It doesn't take a genius or much scouting knowledge to buy Bruno, Wan Bissaka or Maguire. Most fans knew the ability of these players. The only thing which comes close to a "hidden gem" is Dan James, but even he was found by Ryan Giggs (not our scouts).

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Not at all. No one is suggesting Ole will reach Fergie or Klopp’s level. The point they are making is we will never know what level Ole can reach if we sack him too early. Had they sacked Fergie and Klopp every time they struggled neither might have achieved their full potential.
Oh, I know what Ole can achieve. I've seen it for over a year to make a very good judgement. 6th place last season and this season we are in 5th. If he gets lucky, he could make 4th. But it shouldn't require a best case scenario to get 4th place. That should be a worst case scenario.

When Klopp arrived, he pushed his team from mid table to 2 finals. With Ole...

...this is like trying to debate with someone who says water is dry. It's hard to know if they are serious or just joking.

reddevil702

Man I wish we gave Moyes more time! Guess we'll never know what levels he could have reached if given another 2-3 years.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Only PSG have more clean sheets than United in Europe's top leagues...
It’s the work we do on the pitch and the quality of the players we’ve got - and perhaps at times a bit of luck, margins.

We did sign Aaron and Harry in the transfer market for big sums of money, but they were worth it as we want a foundation to build from.

We’re not happy winning games 1-0, we want to be attacking, but the coaching has been fantastic, absolutely incredible and the application of the boys, adapting between a back three and back four. It’s that work that’s been done.”
I’m sorry what? Do we really?!