Solskjær press conference vs Burnley (H)

LInkash

Oles at the wheel, he's going to crash, hahahahaha lolz

ColvaleGoa

Our 800 scouts are monitoring Jack Rodwell and he might be the solution to midfield problems. But deal won't be done till the last hour of window closes as Ed is on Annual holiday .

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Our 800 scouts are monitoring Jack Rodwell and he might be the solution to midfield problems. But deal won't be done till the last hour of window closes as Ed is on Annual holiday .
We're too late on that one - he's gone to Sheffield United.

Also... Apparently Palace have got Cenk Tousan on loan.... who knew?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
09:57
Solskjaer gives team news
Here’s what the United manager has told MUTV ahead of tomorrow’s game against Burnley with regards to team news.
“ I don’t think there were any other knocks in that game so we should have the same players to be available against Burnley,” Solskjaer said.
“Of course, we are stretched and some of the players have played a lot. And they’re improving for it and will reap the benefit and get stronger physically and mentally more robust. Of course it’s great having Eric (Bailly), Diogo (Dalot, and Luke (Shaw) back in so we have got more choices. It’s a blow Marcus (rashford) being out abut that’s football. It’s part and parcel of it. He’s been fantastic all season for us and now, unfortunately, we have to do it without him.”

DomesticTadpole

10:00KEY EVENT
Solskjaer on Rashford's injury
Here’s the latest update on Rashford.
He won’t be fit for this game that’s for sure he will be out for a while, he’ll get the time he needs to recover, we’re always looking at improving the squad and seeing if there’s anything pout there but nothing I can talk about now.
He’s not had that injury before, no. He complained a little bit after Burnley, he felt it the first time, and we managed him as well as we could then, he had some days off for treatment, taken off in games and suddenly this was a new injury. He didn’t have any injuries before then.

DomesticTadpole

10:03
More on Rashford
How is he?
Marcus is good, he’s a positive guy and he knows this is not what he wanted but he’s always positive, he wants to get back as quickly and safely as poss and we’ll give him that time. When he feels ready and medically cleared he’ll be back.

DomesticTadpole

10:04
On academy kids coming through
Is it too soon for the likes of Mellor and Ramazani?
It might be too early for them yet, of course Mason’s gonna get more chances now, Juan will have to step up again, there’ll be more chances for ones in the squad, we know we’re stretched for numbers but we’ll cope with that.

DomesticTadpole

10:05
On Neville's criticism of Woodward
Neville pinned the blame of recuitment issues on Woodward, do you think that’s fair?
For me now, we’ve lost to Liverpool, a team you all say are fantastic and we’ve been in the game until the last kick of the ball and of course we’re disappointed losing the game, we don’t wanna be behind them in the league but there were signs there we are on the right track. Now is not the time to speak about recruitment. We’re looking to Burnley.
We’re always looking to improve the squad and the club but now is not the time on Gary and the discussion.For me now, we’ve lost to Liverpool, a team you all say are fantastic and we’ve been in the game until the last kick of the ball and of course we’re disappointed losing the game, we don’t wanna be behind them in the league but there were signs there we are on the right track. Now is not the time to speak about recruitment. We’re looking to Burnley. We’re always looking to improve the squad and the club but now is not the time on Gary and the discussion.

DomesticTadpole

10:06
On fan discontent
A lot of fans who look at the money that’s spent here and where you are in the league and think that’s not acceptable?
You can look back at history and of course we know we’re not where we want to be and should be and historically have been, just down to us now to work better. I’ve been here 13 months, my experience with the players we’ve brought in have been good so no complaints whatsoever.

DomesticTadpole

10:07
On Burnley
Here’s what Solskjaer said on tomorrow night’s opposition.
We’ve played them three and a half weeks ago, had to work really hard to get the points, defended really well and every time we play against Sean’s team we have to earn it. Last season here was the first time I saw the players coming back from a setback, we were 2-0 down seven minutes to go and got back in with two each, so we have to approach this game as if they’ve won five in a row.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
09:57
Solskjaer gives team news
Here’s what the United manager has told MUTV ahead of tomorrow’s game against Burnley with regards to team news.
Part and parcel my arse. He admitted he gambled and fecked up. Who’s buying this spin these days? It’s beyond a joke

Woodzy

We were stretched about 3 weeks into the season when Martial and Pogba got injured.

We may now be in a worse position, but we should have had transfer all but done by the moment it turned January 1st.

Instead it’s January 21st and we find ourselves with no incomings, more injuries and a senior player sold!

DomesticTadpole

10:09
On the FA charge
Can I get your thoughts on that?
Maybe I shouldn’t talk too much about that. Let’s get that decision done but... sorry Karen... it’s overturned ( goal) I reacted myself because everybody could see it was a foul.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
"Now is not the time to speak about recruitment."

This is Ole's version of Fergie's "there's no value in the market". feck the Glazers and Woodward.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

This is disgusting. Money that should be going to the Bruno transfer is being used to provide refreshments for journalists.

GBBQ

"Now is not the time to speak about recruitment."

This is Ole's version of Fergie's "there's no value in the market". feck the Glazers and Woodward.
Its frustrating but Ole is never one to talk about signings, he's remained consistent in that respect. Would be absolutely ridiculous that a squad that was already depleted and just lost their star striker to long term injury and sold their club captain (who for all his faults still had 18 appearances this season, so was relied upon) would not look to bring in 3 or 4 players. We don't have the luxury of looking for value, we need bodies!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
"now is not the time to talk about recruitment"

Erm... yes it fecking is Ole it's January, the window is open! now is the perfect time to talk about it :houllier:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

This is disgusting. Money that should be going to the Bruno transfer is being used to provide refreshments for journalists.
Danish pastry?
Portuguese cakes?
Croissants?

Bruno, Soumare and Eriksen are signing:drool:

youngrell

"now is not the time to talk about recruitment"

Erm... yes it fecking is Ole it's January, the window is open! now is the perfect time to talk about it :houllier:
Haha I thought the same, but he clearly means that this PC is for discussing the Burnley game, not transfers.