Solskjær press conference vs Burnley (H)

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It’s really tiring to read to be honest. People have lost their minds. Of course, if you dislike Ole then it’s easy to twist any scenario in to a negative against him.
Indeed. They'll hate our next Manager too who follows the same procedure and doesn't criticise the Glazers/Woodward.

lsd

The Oracle
If he spent less time smiling and more time throwing his faeces at Woodward and the Glazers, we might be something something.

That worked so well for Mourinho didn't it ?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
That worked so well for Mourinho didn't it ?
It’s perfect. As we all know, the only option is to do exactly the opposite of our manager is doing at any given time.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Didn't take the opportunity to jump to Woodward's defence though, did he.
last week.
Solskjaer on the anti-Glazer chants: “ I can only say from when I’ve been here I’ve been backed by the owners, I’ve been backed by Ed and they’re supporting me.”

Today
We're always looking to improve the squad and to improve the club but for my mind, now is not the time, Gary, to start this discussion......I've been here 13 months, my experience with the players we've brought in has been good, so no complaints whatsoever."

Last edited:

TrueRed79

So we lost better this year to Liverpool than last year, so that means progress right? :lol: He's a shit Roy Hodgson.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
So we lost better this year to Liverpool than last year, so that means progress right? :lol: He's a shit Roy Hodgson.
Funny thing. Liverpool fans are laughing at us and his post match “we were in until the last minute” comment and many say it’s the type of crap Hodgson used to say.

Asger

Funny thing. Liverpool fans are laughing at us and his post match “we were in until the last minute” comment and many say it’s the type of crap Hodgson used to say.
So we were not in the game until 90 min? Maybe i watched some other match.

jem

He’s getting more and more Moyesian in his cringe-worthy comments.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
You must have if you don’t realise that we could have been 4 or 5 down by 60 minutes so mentioning that we were only 1 down after 90 minutes is looks pathetic.

RedDevil@84

We were very much in the game. But it was largely thanks to VAR, linesman and nervous Pool players.

Asger

He’s getting more and more Moyesian in his cringe-worthy comments.
And United fans are getting more and more like Liverpool fans were for about 20-30 years!

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Ole
“Of course, we are stretched and some of the players have played a lot. And they’re improving for it and will reap the benefit and get stronger physically and mentally more robust"

Does Ole really believe what he's saying? They're falling on their feet and it's only a matter of time before we have more serious injuries.

Asger

You must have if you don’t realise that we could have been 4 or 5 down by 60 minutes so mentioning that we were only 1 down after 90 minutes is looks pathetic.
Well, same could have said about cl 99 final, i Guess we never won that game either? :)

I

momo83

Massive Snowflake
We were very much in the game. But it was largely thanks to VAR, linesman and nervous Pool players.
Also add. To avoid conceding against us on the counter Pool played low blocks in first and last 15 minutes. And then went for our next for the rest of the 60 minutes

Enigma_87

You know who
last week.
Solskjaer on the anti-Glazer chants: “ I can only say from when I’ve been here I’ve been backed by the owners, I’ve been backed by Ed and they’re supporting me.”

Today
We're always looking to improve the squad and to improve the club but for my mind, now is not the time, Gary, to start this discussion......I've been here 13 months, my experience with the players we've brought in has been good, so no complaints whatsoever."
Ole FC won't believe their quotes though. They are in full backing of Ole, yet somehow revolting against Ed...

Enigma_87

You know who
And United fans are getting more and more like Liverpool fans were for about 20-30 years!
Yup. Deluded ones that think every manager of the Hodgson and King Kenny is the messiah despite being plainly obvious being out of depth from the start.

wolvored

"now is not the time to talk about recruitment"

Erm... yes it fecking is Ole it's January, the window is open! now is the perfect time to talk about it :houllier:
Hear hear. Lost faith in him completely now

AFC NimbleThumb

"now is not the time to talk about recruitment"

Erm... yes it fecking is Ole it's January, the window is open! now is the perfect time to talk about it :houllier:
I refuse to believe he said this.

I called him a fraud the second the summer window closed; I’ve never been so disappointed to be proven correct.

How can anyone back this man as our manager!?

wolvored

The press never press him on anything. What's needed is the gegenpress; ask the questions again!

Poor tactical form, press pack.
He would do a fergie then. "Who was that bloke who asked me an awkward question to answer? Ban him"

Asger

Yeah. Great. Once ole retires in 20 years give the job to Sheringham
Could happen if ED and Glazer will still be at United.. I would be surprised if any manager would want to manage United under those clowns. I guess ED and Glazer thought those two average signing they did last summer was in their opinion Messi, Cafu and Maldini quality.

Enigma_87

You know who

I called him a fraud the second the summer window closed; I’ve never been so disappointed to be proven correct.

That one is nothing. This one is worse:

“Of course, we are stretched and some of the players have played a lot. And they’re improving for it and will reap the benefit and get stronger physically and mentally more robust. Of course it’s great having Eric (Bailly), Diogo (Dalot, and Luke (Shaw) back in so we have got more choices. It’s a blow Marcus (rashford) being out abut that’s football. It’s part and parcel of it. He’s been fantastic all season for us and now, unfortunately, we have to do it without him
Apparently running players to the ground will make them "physically better and mentally robust" in the long run.

Next one is probably Martial, who is also injury prone.

Even Moyes didn't sink to these lows.

lsd

The Oracle
last week.

Today

And how is he saying anything wrong in those statements ?

jem

So you don't think it's a bit embarrassing his inferring that we should be flattered that City fielded a strong 11 or his claiming that the LFC was a positive sign of progress?

ants7

last week.

Today
I understand that he must say this and can't go against Ed and the general agenda set by the club but I wonder what he actually feels inside when he says those words. Probably keeps the brave face in the presser and later cries in the bathroom.

Enigma_87

You know who
He is definitely supporting Woodward and won't want him gone.

No one else will keep him in the job.

He has to back Ed, the board 100% or else he's goner himself.

If you support him as our manager, essentially you are full behind the whole structure - Ed, the board - the whole lot.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I wish someone had asked him to explain why we have no recall clause for Sanchez but are still paying his wages...

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
People blaming Ole for the injuries : seriously? The Squad depth, bad luck and medical team is not a factor?

Backing from Woodward. So you would expect him to do a Mourinho and complain in the presser? You really think he does not want new players? Should he revolt against the club?

Some people need to get off medication!

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
We had chances in the last 20 to draw. We were in the match until the last kick and score.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Ask that to the people that say he isn’t supported by the board and Ed or those that say he isn’t jumping to their defence. /end

momo83

Massive Snowflake
I understand that he must say this and can't go against Ed and the general agenda set by the club but I wonder what he actually feels inside when he says those words. Probably keeps the brave face in the presser and later cries in the bathroom.
He spent £80m on a CB last summer, £55m on a RB with no caps, £18m on a player from the championship. How was he let down last summer? Does he want Ed to tell him who to sign in what position? Does he want Ed to set tactics and training?

If he genuinely felt let down he’d find a way to voice his opinion subtly. Unless if you’re saying Ole lacks the communication skills to do that? Skills that are an essential part of management

youngrell

So you're just going to completely ignore the context in which this is said because it suits your point of view?

Steven-UK

I stopped listening to the drivel spouting out of his mouth months ago. That wide-eyed-innocent persona simply does not work anymore based on how far we have fallen.

Nice lad and everything, and I am sure he is a good person, but OGS should be nowhere near this club.

lsd

The Oracle
Ask that to the people that say he isn’t supported by the board and Ed or those that say he isn’t jumping to their defence. /end

He works with those people on a daily basis so if he says he has had no problems with them again how is he wrong ?

AFC NimbleThumb

That one is nothing. This one is worse:

Apparently running players to the ground will make them "physically better and mentally robust" in the long run.

Next one is probably Martial, who is also injury prone.

Even Moyes didn't sink to these lows.
You’ve just depressed me further, Ididnt need to are that.

The man is a clown.

His legendary playing status remains but as you say he makes Moyes sound like a Pep.

Lee565

At this point what good is it doing the future of the club if Solskjear is acting like everything is ok and covering up a lack of backing from higher up for recruitment of quality players? We will just carry on season after season with under qualified manager, an under strength squad in terms of even competing for a champions league spot let alone challenge for major trophies and the club will consistently lose out on talent because of how far we would have fallen down the pecking order of prestigious clubs to join in the eyes of the new generation of players coming through, we will just become a stepping stone club for players to move on to better things.

RedDevil@84

I love how caf thinks he should just talk just throw mud on Ed and Glazers over signings. Most managers only parrot what they have been told by higher ups.
Except likes of Jose.

No point expressing shock over this.