Solskjær press conference vs Burnley (H)

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
There is no point of promising players. I don't see much wrong with what he says.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
"now is not the time to talk about recruitment"

Erm... yes it fecking is Ole it's January, the window is open! now is the perfect time to talk about it :houllier:
I don’t know when the fecking time is? When the whole squad is down?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
If he spent less time smiling and more time throwing his faeces at Woodward and the Glazers, we might be something something.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
On Sean Dyche
He’s doing fantastic. That’s all I can say. We can talk about resources and his players and us being stretched and us missing players but they have players missing too.

Samid

More from Solskjaer on MUTV
There’s always a crisis in the media when United lose...
It always is at Manchester United we want to win disappointed we didn’t. We go to a hard ground and were in the game until the last kick of the ball we looked like getting something from it. Proud we never gave in. Hung in at times but we played well. Stuff to look back at and think we’re getting closer.

Samid

More on Burnley
We played well up there, defended well, it’s a hard place to go to. We defended well and kept a clean sheet. We got the performance we wanted just two days after Newcastle. We made some changes for that one and we might make some changes for this one. We are looking forward to it, we’re at home and we’ve been doing well at home recently so hopefully that can continue.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
"Now is not the time to speak about recruitment."

This is Ole's version of Fergie's "there's no value in the market". feck the Glazers and Woodward.

Erm... yes it fecking is Ole it's January, the window is open! now is the perfect time to talk about it :houllier:
He’s responding to Neville’s comments about PAST recruitment but please don’t stop that from your agenda driven crap. He goes on to state that we’ll announce something when it’s done.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
Do the Feds know Ole is driving around with a whitened plate?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The press never press him on anything. What's needed is the gegenpress; ask the questions again!

Poor tactical form, press pack.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s funny how the positive attitude he was praised for and was such a relief after Mourinho is now receiving identical groans and criticisms.

thesheriffjw

The team moved forwards in liverpool defeat according to Ole, apparently?

Being in it until the last kick, is a good sign!!

30pts behind leaders, with 4 months to go is not moving fowards. Utd were only in the game due to VAR and the scousers poor finishing. It could have been a rout

Ole must have different eyesight to the majority

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He’s responding to Neville’s comments about PAST recruitment but please don’t stop that from your agenda driven crap. He goes on to state that we’ll announce something when it’s done.
That's fine pal, you bury your head in the sand :wenger: When we sign nobody this window and the squad is decimated and struggles to reach 8th in the table, i'll remind you about the agenda ;)

sparx99

It is madness isn't it. I am literally losing my mind at the state of our squad.

We all said at the end of the summer window that a thin squad with the Europa League grind was going to be a problem and its been proven the case. The club continues to just plod on like nothing has changed.

I am all for letting some of the players go to refresh the squad but the last 13 months we've done the following transfer business.

Out - 8
Fellaini
Darmian
Smalling (Loan)
Herrera
Lukaku
Sanchez (Loan)
Young
Valencia

In - 3
James
Maguire
Wan-Bissaka

So our squad has been reduced by 5 senior players in a season when we have more games to play. Greenwood, Tuanzebe and Williams have been promoted so you could argue we are only 2 players down but then we've had long term injuries to Bailly, Tuanzebe, Martial, Pogba, Dalot, McTominay and Rashford this season.

With Europa League we should have kept a larger squad this season to make a push to get back in the Top 4 and then if we got CL we could trim the squad next summer.

JohnnyKills

If they're not going to sign anyone now, it doesn't bode well for him.

bsCallout

It is madness isn't it. I am literally losing my mind at the state of our squad.

We all said at the end of the summer window that a thin squad with the Europa League grind was going to be a problem and its been proven the case. The club continues to just plod on like nothing has changed.

I am all for letting some of the players go to refresh the squad but the last 13 months we've done the following transfer business.

Out - 8
Fellaini
Darmian
Smalling (Loan)
Herrera
Lukaku
Sanchez (Loan)
Young
Valencia

In - 3
James
Maguire
Wan-Bissaka

So our squad has been reduced by 5 senior players in a season when we have more games to play. Greenwood, Tuanzebe and Williams have been promoted so you could argue we are only 2 players down but then we've had long term injuries to Bailly, Tuanzebe, Martial, Pogba, Dalot, McTominay and Rashford this season.

With Europa League we should have kept a larger squad this season to make a push to get back in the Top 4 and then if we got CL we could trim the squad next summer.
Depends how you look at it.

We did the right thing getting rid of those players and promoting youth.

Ole said right from the start that this was a long term plan, that means not buying loads in one window. Buying loads in one window is hard enough anyway.
Perhaps they accepted all along that this year we might not get Champs League but over the long term it will be worth it.

I'm pretty sure Klopp didn't have any European football in his first full year and that turned out pretty well in the 'long' term.

Maybe we really aren't being patient at all.

Lynty

More on Bruno
With the injuries to our squad, bringing in a midfielder is something we would like to do. Unfortunately, these things are never certain so we'll update you when we have more news. But the Redcafe is right, this transfer should have been sorted for 2nd January. I've requested new players, the pressure is now on Ed to deliver.

Thats what people want isn't it? To publicly call out his line manager.

Last edited:

United Hobbit

Taken from United's website, I actually have no words anymore

"Of course, we are stretched and some of the players have played a lot. And they're improving for it and will reap the benefit and get stronger physically and mentally more robust."

As an aside I thought fitness was a main focus for this season and the main thing he was working on in pre season...

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...724542745&utm_medium=post&utm_source=facebook

ReddBalls

Taken from United's website, I actually have no words anymore

"Of course, we are stretched and some of the players have played a lot. And they're improving for it and will reap the benefit and get stronger physically and mentally more robust."

As an aside I thought fitness was a main focus for this season and the main thing he was working on in pre season...

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...724542745&utm_medium=post&utm_source=facebook
That's not mutually exclusive.

Member 90887

God, some of the negativity in here. Do people not get tired of moaning ?

We understand that you think he's shit, amateur or whatever adjective you want to use. There's no point in shitting on him in every thread.

He said nothing wrong in his press conference. People trying to find something wrong in each thing he says...

El Zoido

God, some of the negativity in here. Do people not get tired of moaning ?

We understand that you think he's shit, amateur or whatever adjective you want to use. There's no point in shitting on him in every thread.

He said nothing wrong in his press conference. People trying to find something wrong in each thing he says...
It’s really tiring to read to be honest. People have lost their minds. Of course, if you dislike Ole then it’s easy to twist any scenario in to a negative against him.