Solskjær press conference vs Chelsea (A)

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd
Wow. Another thread and testament to this fine establishment of young intelligent and prospered men. I know sometimes I shouldn’t have “made a post” And it’s nice to know I’m not alone...

Last edited:

croadyman

The only thing I really cannot stand about his press conferences is him calling the players by their first names. It just grates me every single time i read it. The rest of it I don’t really care what he says. I doubt he believes what he says himself either
Yeah I am not a fan of that either or when he says Rashy or Scotty like he is their best mate

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The only thing I really cannot stand about his press conferences is him calling the players by their first names. It just grates me every single time i read it. The rest of it I don’t really care what he says. I doubt he believes what he says himself either
Literally every other manager does this.

red_de_pologne

Well, he called Fred Fred

Alabaster Codify7

I don't watch these anymore, every time he opens his mouth he annoys me nowadays so it's best to avoid him. He's worse than Moyes at his most Moyesesque. A walking, talking participation trophy.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Totally lost for words. It’s like a train wreck in slowmo with a blind engine driver.

In Solskjaer’s magical world everything is as expected and every movement or result is following his grand master plan.

Every question with some ounce of criticism is quickly brushed off the table before anyone even know what’s going on.

A smile her and there and words without meaning. That’s what you take away from a couple of minutes with the manager of Manchester United. This guy is slowly killing my passion and joy to engage in this beautiful club.

Please wake me up when it’s all over.
I know exactly what you mean, it is starting to grate. The kind of jolly ambivalence he has about the whole thing like the trainwreck of a season is just a pesky inconvenience and everything will get put right as a matter of course when everybody puts their Man Utd blazers on and smiles at the dinner ladies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I know exactly what you mean, it is starting to grate. The kind of jolly ambivalence he has about the whole thing like the trainwreck of a season is just a pesky inconvenience and everything will get put right as a matter of course when everybody puts their Man Utd blazers on and smiles at the dinner ladies.
It is pretty funny in a dark humour sort of way. I can't remember who was describing him, but someone at Cardiff was saying how he seemed to not grasp the gravity of their situation and was just smiling doing keepie uppies following a dramatic loss :lol:

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
It is pretty funny in a dark humour sort of way. I can't remember who was describing him, but someone at Cardiff was saying how he seemed to not grasp the gravity of their situation and was just smiling doing keepie uppies following a dramatic loss :lol:
:lol: You can only laugh at this point.

Hawks2008

This guy is slowly killing my passion and joy to engage in this beautiful club.
Pretty much, feels like the LvG days which sapped my interest in the sport for a time. I dreaded match day, watching us was a chore, I couldn't even watch games as a neutral in the PL or other leagues. Getting to the same point now.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Pretty much, feels like the LvG days which sapped my interest in the sport for a time. I dreaded match day, watching us was a chore, I couldn't even watch games as a neutral in the PL or other leagues. Getting to the same point now.
Joy? What is that? Under LVG and even bloody Moyes i was 100% in. Now, i am in only with my time( watching the game, browsing web etc...). Emotions? From anger i came to despair and moaning and now i am in one strange phase when i laugh. I mean it is really strange one. We concede a goal and i laugh. I don't know why, i don't understand from where that comes from but it is like it is.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Joy? What is that? Under LVG and even bloody Moyes i was 100% in. Now, i am in only with my time( watching the game, browsing web etc...). Emotions? From anger i came to despair and moaning and now i am in one strange phase when i laugh. I mean it is really strange one. We concede a goal and i laugh. I don't know why, i don't understand from where that comes from but it is like it is.
You've reached the acceptance stage.

Hawks2008

I don't even know how to explain it, just a kind of indifference or numbness I guess.

Water Melon

Honestly, the guy is out of his depth and completely deluded. Had the fecking cheek to take a dig at Mou finishing second with us, while being all happy and smiling having us 9th in the table after spending 200M. Hypocrite.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't even know how to explain it, just a kind of indifference or numbness I guess.
I feel you.
When we concede. It's like I am a neutral. Short of us getting relegated, I don't think anything can affect me.

Kurton

It's actually like LvG and Mourinho combined. We sit back and defend but don't know how to score once we do get the ball unless on counter.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It's actually like LvG and Mourinho combined. We sit back and defend but don't know how to score once we do get the ball unless on counter.
We're a much worse side than we were under LvG or Mourinho -- we're abysmal right now and although the table might be tight, we firmly deserve to be 9th -- that's down to the manager seeing as the previous manager did pretty much everything to sabotage himself and the team and yet he still managed to yield better results than the manager who replaced him.

Paul_Scholes18

I feel you.
When we concede. It's like I am a neutral. Short of us getting relegated, I don't think anything can affect me.
Wow interesting. Do you feel depressed in general since that often blocks your emotions.
I still you think have them and can get them out.
It happened to me in the past under LVGs seasons, but got out of it quickly and celebrated the Fa cup win like crazy.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Wolves were in the championship 2 years ago there Ole , these comparisons are embarrassing.
That's a weird criticism, Leicester were in the championship two seasons before they won the premier league and they barely had the kind of investment Wolves currently have with their ownership.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Wow interesting. Do you feel depressed in general since that often blocks your emotions.
I still you think have them and can get them out.
It happened to me in the past under LVGs seasons, but got out of it quickly and celebrated the Fa cup win like crazy.
I don't feel depressed. Opposite actually. Things are going great for me. I have stopped being consumed by football.
In the past, I would stew over a result for days. We loose so often these days that, that has become unsustainable.
The other thing is I have given up on the direction of the club. I think we are destined for a long barren spell.
I admire those that still get excited.

Paul_Scholes18

I don't feel depressed. Opposite actually. Things are going great for me. I have stopped being consumed by football.
In the past, I would stew over a result for days. We loose so often these days that, that has become unsustainable.
The other thing is I have given up on the direction of the club. I think we are destined for a long barren spell.
Fair enough nice that things are going well. For me both my outside life and football is not going that well.
Although not depressed now.
I am optimistic at heart when I am not depressed even though I think Ole is the wrong man to take us forward.
Still would not give up for us getting titles/ CL.

Our owners are the worst part, but I just hope we can get new interested ones at some point soon.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Honestly, the guy is out of his depth and completely deluded. Had the fecking cheek to take a dig at Mou finishing second with us, while being all happy and smiling having us 9th in the table after spending 200M. Hypocrite.
It is really sad to see the state of our club, manager and those fans who defend him

Paul_Scholes18

It is really sad to see the state of our club, manager and those fans who defend him
People get brainwashed for too easily. Once they have a view they stick with it beyond all evidence.
Fundamentalist in politcs and religions show that. At least football do not destroy lives though.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
This is where I'm at as well. Before, the Mrs always wanted to know when we had a game so she could organise something for herself because she knew I wouldn't miss it but now I'm so indifferent if she wanted to do something I wouldn't have a problem missing a game here or there. Even the results don't affect me at all now. Win, draw or lose I feel the same when before, like yourself I'd be pissed off for days if we lost.

Get Poch in and my interest will be spiked tenfold again. Be nice to get the emotion back.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Fred comments on United
This group sticks together, don’t worry about that.

I haven’t seen the interview or don’t understand, seen him sat there in his kitchens, Fred knows this group wants to give everything together. I don’t know how to interpret what he said but no issues at all or the group not giving everything for each other.
I think it's very prudent to point out that a lot of nuances and emphasis on wording gets lost when translating the interview from portugese to English by a non-native speaker that we had translating the interview here.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
People get brainwashed for too easily. Once they have a view they stick with it beyond all evidence.
Fundamentalist in politcs and religions show that. At least football do not destroy lives though.
Does the injuries on Marcus Rasford, Paul Pogba and Scott McTominay have any bearing on how this team performs?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
This is where I'm at as well. Before, the Mrs always wanted to know when we had a game so she could organise something for herself because she knew I wouldn't miss it but now I'm so indifferent if she wanted to do something I wouldn't have a problem missing a game here or there. Even the results don't affect me at all now. Win, draw or lose I feel the same when before, like yourself I'd be pissed off for days if we lost.

Get Poch in and my interest will be spiked tenfold again. Be nice to get the emotion back.
It's hard being a fan of a team that doesn't win every game. I get it.I think it sucks too.