Solskjær press conference vs Chelsea (A)

DoomSlayer

Why would anyone share tweets from this wank stain is beyond me.
Yeah, that pathetic twat was even making fun of the lad in our academy that had cancer. Absolute scumbag of the highest order, same goes for everyone that follows him and agrees with his shite.

BR7

Quality control
Getting really bored and annoyed with the ole in supporters bringing any kind of defence for his poor managerial skills. Absolute morons.

These are some of the defences:

Oh yeah how dare he smile....
Oh yeah other managers call players by their first names

There is rubbish after rubbish in his defence. Are you ole defenders Liverpool fan/agents? Sling you’re hooks and go support someone else. you are killing us as much as ole is, you bunch of glorified, prawn sandwich munching ........who supported United since 93/94. Go back to Liverpool fellas, your teams starting to win again

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
It's hard being a fan of a team that doesn't win every game. I get it.I think it sucks too.
Do results affect you? Are you excited after a win, pissed off when we lose? Or are you just plodding along like most of us? It's nothing to do with entitlement. The emotion is there or it isn't.

Embargoed quotes

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
On making Ighalo's move permanent
If it's permanent or if it's a loan, if you impress as a player, if you impress as a person, if you can help this group improve, of course there's a chance we'll look at extending things and signing.

That doesn't just go for Odion but, since you asked, yes, his incentive is to play as well as he can and it's up to us to make sure he wants to stay, if we want him.

Samid

Ighalo a desperate signing?
Don't go down that route now. He's a loan player that we're very happy with having here. Hopefully he'll prove to you what I think he will. He's a proven goalscorer, so he'll do all right.

Samid

On strengthening in the race for top 4
I'm very happy with the two guys we brought in and it's not just us and Chelsea. But to finally have got Bruno [Fernandes] over the line, to have signed him after following him for so long, and just seeing what he can give us and what he will give us, has been great. And it will be great to integrate Odion as well.

Samid

Will Pogba play again this season?
Well, of course, I'd like to say that, as soon as he gets fit, he'll be good enough to play for the team. I'm sure Paul's desperate to play for us again.

Why didn't Pogba travel with the squad?
I don't have to justify every decision. He's been in and around here [Carrington], and of course I okayed him doing his recovery somewhere else [other than Marbella].

On Raiola
I've not spoken to Mino [Raiola] that is for sure. And, no, I haven't sat down and told Paul to tell Mino what he should say. Paul is our player and not Mino's.

Samid

On implications of missing out on the Champions League
I don’t think one season, this season is the Europa League, if next season is with or without the Champions League, I wouldn’t say that’s the be-all and end-all for a player to sign for us.

The Champions League gives the club more resources, more money, that’s one thing. It’s a prestigious tournament to be in, of course. Players that we might want are impressed by that, it might be easier to convince them that we’re here.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Fair enough nice that things are going well. For me both my outside life and football is not going that well.
Although not depressed now.
I am optimistic at heart when I am not depressed even though I think Ole is the wrong man to take us forward.
Still would not give up for us getting titles/ CL.

Our owners are the worst part, but I just hope we can get new interested ones at some point soon.
Sorry to hear that.

Lemansky

It's hard being a fan of a team that doesn't win every game. I get it.I think it sucks too.
I am Norwegian and have been an Man Utd supporter since I was a kid. Ole Gunnar Solskjær isa big hero of mine. I do think that he ain’t qualified for this job though. He has gotten loads of pounds to strengthen and what worries me the most is that we have no style of play. I really hope our board is rational going forward and ain’t keeping Ole for the wrong reasons. We need to move on with a new manager from next season.

Samid

Has the Pogba situation been a disaster this season?
You're not going to get that headline from me. As a player, the last thing you want to be is injured, and not being able to contribute to your team. Paul's a footballer and he wants to play football. He knows he has to work hard now to get back to his best.

He's been out for so long now, it's a challenge for him as well to get back into shape. I've been injured for a long, long time myself, it's a difficult period of your career, but it's part and parcel of being a player. He's taken off his cast, so when he comes back here we'll integrate him with us. Hopefully soon. He's started running on the treadmill now, so he's getting closer. It's been a long haul, this, so hopefully we'll see him back soon.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Will Pogba play again this season?
Well, of course, I'd like to say that, as soon as he gets fit, he'll be good enough to play for the team. I'm sure Paul's desperate to play for us again.

Why didn't Pogba travel with the squad?
I don't have to justify every decision. He's been in and around here [Carrington], and of course I okayed him doing his recovery somewhere else [other than Marbella].

On Raiola
I've not spoken to Mino [Raiola] that is for sure. And, no, I haven't sat down and told Paul to tell Mino what he should say. Paul is our player and not Mino's.
He's in proper defensive mode now regarding Pogba and the poor season we're having. To be fair I don't know what else Ole could say in press conferences and I've never got particularly exercised over his words anyway, it's on the pitch where we need to start seeing improvements starting tonight.

R'hllor

Does the injuries on Marcus Rasford, Paul Pogba and Scott McTominay have any bearing on how this team performs?
Team performs? Nope, results might be better, if individual brilliance shines through in moment or two during a game but playing actual football as a team, similar clueless shit in majority of games. Lets stop acting like those players are/were injured for 5 years.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I am Norwegian and have been an Man Utd supporter since I was a kid. Ole Gunnar Solskjær isa big hero of mine. I do think that he ain’t qualified for this job though. He has gotten loads of pounds to strengthen and what worries me the most is that we have no style of play. I really hope our board is rational going forward and ain’t keeping Ole for the wrong reasons. We need to move on with a new manager from next season.
Thanks!

In my community in Spain I know plenty of Norwegians who I spend time with at the pub. Lawyers, dentist, doctors, self mades, farmers, hard workers and so on and they are all very friendly, warm and cultivated. You couldn’t find nicer people. None of them defend Solskjaer. Zero.

They use similar arguments as you Lemansky. They had hopes but has come to terms with that Ole isn’t the guy to take this club forward. It’s a stark contrast to this place.

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd
Just because you're gloating on an internet forum that you've spoken with uefa pro coaches (or at least you pretend to), doesn't make you more knowledgeable than the average fan. :lol:
If you don’t cringe reading through this thread I really don’t know what to say to you.
But you said so yourself, you didn’t understand anything of it, so I’m not complaining.
But stop making things out to be something it’s not and put you own context on my posts. It really is the oldest trick in the book of the internet. Widely used in newspapers commentary fields and on football forums..
It just makes you look silly..

Edit: I just told you what you are making up Micky. Context of my posts.. Stop being so slow, or just stop posting..

Last edited:

Micky Targaryen

If you don’t cringe reading through this thread I really don’t know what to say to you.
But you said so yourself, you didn’t understand anything of it, so I’m not complaining.
But stop making things out to be something it’s not and put you own context on my posts. It really is the oldest trick in the book of the internet. Widely used in newspapers commentary fields and on football forums..
It just makes you look silly..
Please tell me what exactly am I making up?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Team performs? Nope, results might be better, if individual brilliance shines through in moment or two during a game but playing actual football as a team, similar clueless shit in majority of games. Lets stop acting like those players are/were injured for 5 years.
Alright. So we don't have to buy players then? We can just play whoever and get a manager who wills them into the right action? Just wondering how little the actual players matter here.

R'hllor

Alright. So we don't have to buy players then? We can just play whoever and get a manager who wills them into the right action? Just wondering how little the actual players matter here.
How you even...who said that, what the actual feck. There is difference between non clueless team that tries things on the pitch but they fail more often than not due their lack of quality and team clueless at playing football regardless if they have 1-3 injured players or not, you know watching them trying to break a team, their play in final third that makes you asking yourself " what are those muppets doing on training pitch!? " . Sure you can have a team filled with world class players and they would still win matches, even if they look disjointed.

billybee99

Does the injuries on Marcus Rasford, Paul Pogba and Scott McTominay have any bearing on how this team performs?
We're just as bad when they are fit. We have been trash for nearly 12 months and Rashford and McTominay were around for most of it. Pogba has been out for most of this season but we were poor when he has played and even worse at the end of last season when he was playing. Every team has injuries; it's part of the game; 9th place is a disgrace and it is unacceptable regardless of injuries.

ranxerox

Why would anyone share tweets from this wank stain is beyond me.
Agree
I’m Ole out btw but don’t see anything wrong with how he answered the question. Didn’t come off as being uncomfortable to me, just choosing his words carefully as I’m sure he was instructed to by the club. Every press conference at every club ends with a club official cutting it off with a curt “last question please”.

The guy is not up to the job but there’s no reason to pile on and pick apart every single thing he does ffs.

Irwin99

Didn't watch the presser but the answers to the questions read as though they are a bit tetchy (and understandably so).

Paul_Scholes18

It has of course. Many things effect each other so I would not rule out Ole doing better.
Just people are too slow to react to change a lot when something go against what they like and hope.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Joy? What is that? Under LVG and even bloody Moyes i was 100% in. Now, i am in only with my time( watching the game, browsing web etc...). Emotions? From anger i came to despair and moaning and now i am in one strange phase when i laugh. I mean it is really strange one. We concede a goal and i laugh. I don't know why, i don't understand from where that comes from but it is like it is.
You were "100% in" with Moyes (Fulham, crosses....) and Van Gaal (possession for possessions sake)?

Must just be me then because I could take or leave Van Gaals football but I thought Moyes was shit 100% of the time (and before he came here).

Coops73

I’m wondering if this could be used as a stick to beat him with if Woodward feels he needs to give him the hook, what I know of the story it doesn’t look very good on Oles part by the sounds of it. Of course it will be down to the poor results but from a PR perspective it could really work in Woodward’s favour when sacking a club “legend”

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I’m wondering if this could be used as a stick to beat him with if Woodward feels he needs to give him the hook, what I know of the story it doesn’t look very good on Oles part by the sounds of it. Of course it will be down to the poor results but from a PR perspective it could really work in Woodward’s favour when sacking a club “legend”
What exactly has Ole done wrong, apart from play a player of his that is contracted and was not found guilty at this time?

PepsiCola

No need to constantly post defamation because you dont like him as manager.

Also, the account you've shared has several xenophobic tweets on previous banned accounts.

Whats your opinion on Ronaldo?

Oldyella

Sometimes I think people moan out of habit, more than because they actually have a legit thing to moan about.
It's similar to breaking up with someone, little things that didnt bother you before now piss you off no end. Same here, the footballs shit so all the little ticks Ole has are pissing people off.

TRUERED89

Joy? What is that? Under LVG and even bloody Moyes i was 100% in. Now, i am in only with my time( watching the game, browsing web etc...). Emotions? From anger i came to despair and moaning and now i am in one strange phase when i laugh. I mean it is really strange one. We concede a goal and i laugh. I don't know why, i don't understand from where that comes from but it is like it is.
Its either laugh or cry with these idiots, so i'd go with the former.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Wow. Another thread and testament to this fine establishment of young intelligent and prospered men. I know sometimes I shouldn’t have “made a post” And it’s nice to know I’m not alone...
What does this even mean?

edcunited1878

That's hardly a stick to beat someone with because it's such a out of context question by the reporter who knew want he wanted to get, which was absolutely nothing. And the press officer is there to make sure things like that don't derail press conferences and they are on a time schedule. That's typical answers for a question really not suited to a football presser between two football clubs.