Solskjær press conference vs Chelsea (A)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Pogba won't be back.
"We expect Paul to be back in time for the international break"
"Unfortunately Paul picked up a knock on international duty. We're not sure when to expect him back but it's a re-occurrence of an old injury so we have to be careful."

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Ighalo to feature vs Chelsea?
I never said he was gonna be ready to play on Monday, he’ll be involved with us and he will travel down with us.

Now he’s out of that two week period, precaution and just a precaution we made and let’s see if he’s involved or not.

We’ve kept in touch with him and of course we’ve done our own programme, he’s done his, and it was always gonna be a case of him having to integrate having been out in China and needs to get used to the players, and the team, up to speed as quick as he can, he’s been working really hard. I think he is probably pinching himself at times at his favourite club at the age of 30 but he’s earned that one and hopefully he impresses us so we can see him play.

Samid

Message to Ighalo critics
The injury to Marcus Rashford, it has to be said, we needed another forward and when we got the chance to get Odion on a loan, that was for us a goalscorer, top scorer African Cup of Nations last year, yeah he can help the club, he is a very professional player, good lad and will give something to the group.

Samid

Could he realistically feature on Monday?
Well, it didn’t take me too long... I didn’t have a training session to come on. As a striker you get thrown on out there and it might be he’ll have to come off the bench and get us a goal and he does whatever he’s done.

Samid

McTominay and Pogba injury latest
Don’t think we’ll get anyone back for the Chelsea game ready.

Scotty, Axel, Tim they didn’t join too much so they are not ready to play that game. Paul is not ready, of course.

Samid

How to cope without Rashford
How do you go about without playing with Marcus, Paul, Scott, you deal with it. Players are gonna get a chance, had a great rest, it has been beneficial for absolutely everyone in the squad, individually, the team, but other teams and the league.

Quality of the football will improve, Jan and Dec was relentless for us, it’s a good move by the authorities to give us that weekend. At Man United you don’t get two weeks without games when you’ve got everyone, so it is up to the boys to show freshness that they have shown this week.

Samid

Chelsea preview
Win gives us a three point gap, and that’s what we’ve got to aim for, played them twice this season and done well. Chelsea are a good team, at home but we’re gonna try and win the game, we’ve got to to give us more belief and more hope, we need to kick on.

Samid

Fred comments on United
This group sticks together, don’t worry about that.

I haven’t seen the interview or don’t understand, seen him sat there in his kitchens, Fred knows this group wants to give everything together. I don’t know how to interpret what he said but no issues at all or the group not giving everything for each other.

jasT1981

Message to Ighalo critics
The injury to Marcus Rashford, it has to be said, we needed another forward and when we got the chance to get Odion on a loan, that was for us a goalscorer, top scorer African Cup of Nations last year, yeah he can help the club, he is a very professional player, good lad and will give something to the group.
It has to be said, we needed another forward before Rashford got injured.

Samid

Did Wolves draw convince you to sign Ighalo?
There’ll always be questions when there’s a 0-0, we were playing against a very, very good side and at the end of December/January, Anthony and Mason have played loads of games, we lacked that bit of spark, but Odion we hope adding that striker will give us a different type of striker, chance in games to rest Anthony or Mason, play in a different way maybe, to sign Odion wasn’t just on the back of those results. Wolves didn’t score against us in three games either and we know they’re a good team.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Didn't we sign him before the Wolves game?

EDIT: Ah, he must mean the FA cup 0-0 in Jan.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
There’ll always be questions when there’s a 0-0, we were playing against a very, very good side and at the end of December/January, Anthony and Mason have played loads of games, we lacked that bit of spark, but Odion we hope adding that striker will give us a different type of striker, chance in games to rest Anthony or Mason, play in a different way maybe, to sign Odion wasn’t just on the back of those results. Wolves didn’t score against us in three games either and we know they’re a good team.
Ole come on... you don't need to say everything little thing that comes into your head!

Samid

On Sarr rape case in Norway
I understand how difficult this situation is, you don't want anyone to be in such a situation and every part involved in that case, they don't have a good time, but this case is going through legal system and you have to respect that.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I understand how difficult this situation is, you don't want anyone to be in such a situation and every part involved in that case, they don't have a good time, but this case is going through legal system and you have to respect that.
Only just read up about this, it doesn't look like it was handled well. Is there a thread on this?

el3mel

Wow Wolves didn't score against us for 3 games. Great achievement. Shows you how much we have developed.

romufc

Wow Wolves didn't score against us for 3 games. Great achievement. Shows you how much we have developed.
Did he forget that we only scored 1 in 3 against them as well. They probably had more shots on goal in one game than we did in all 3.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I feel for him.
Like putting a schoolboy in charge of a bank.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Wtf is this about?

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Totally lost for words. It’s like a train wreck in slowmo with a blind engine driver.

In Solskjaer’s magical world everything is as expected and every movement or result is following his grand master plan.

Every question with some ounce of criticism is quickly brushed off the table before anyone even know what’s going on.

A smile her and there and words without meaning. That’s what you take away from a couple of minutes with the manager of Manchester United. This guy is slowly killing my passion and joy to engage in this beautiful club.

Please wake me up when it’s all over.

SATA

The only thing I really cannot stand about his press conferences is him calling the players by their first names. It just grates me every single time i read it. The rest of it I don’t really care what he says. I doubt he believes what he says himself either

mu4c_20le

Yep, having a delusional coach has worked wonders for us this season. We're up top and running in the league with great results and breathtaking football. :drool:
Well, for the first 13 games anyway, he had us playing MAGA football. Couldn't stop winning.

Red00012

Wolves were in the championship 2 years ago there Ole , these comparisons are embarrassing.

Amarsdd

Totally lost for words. It’s like a train wreck in slowmo with a blind engine driver.

In Solskjaer’s magical world everything is as expected and every movement or result is following his grand master plan.

Every question with some ounce of criticism is quickly brushed off the table before anyone even know what’s going on.

A smile her and there and words without meaning. That’s what you take away from a couple of minutes with the manager of Manchester United. This guy is slowly killing my passion and joy to engage in this beautiful club.

Please wake me up when it’s all over.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

wolvored

The only thing I really cannot stand about his press conferences is him calling the players by their first names. It just grates me every single time i read it. The rest of it I don’t really care what he says. I doubt he believes what he says himself either
Nor me. It sounds so unprofessional and like he is in awe of them. When he talks about some of the players, Luke Diego Tim etc it takes me a second or two sometimes to think who he is on about.