Solskjær press conference vs Chelsea (N)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Solskjaer was brilliant, ripping apart narrative Lampard, Jose and others trying to set.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Early team news
“Luke will be out. I can’t see him recovering. Brandon will hopefully be okay, he’ll try to join in training today with his eye. We’ll see if he can see the ball when he comes in! He should be fine.”

Samid

FA Cup ambitions
“You can’t pick and choose, got to take one game at a time this is a great chance to get to the final one step away, Wembley and a trophy is massive for any player and team to win, our main focus now is to get to the final and then look at West Ham and Leicester after that.”

Samid

Jesse Lingard has key role to play
“Jesse’s a part of the club and has worked really hard and deserves his chance to come back in, we know his qualities, we know he has got different qualities to other players and he knows we value him.”

Samid

Secret to good record vs Chelsea?
“Players doing well, we’ve been focused in that particular game, we’ve been having the margins but it’s all down to players when they go there and perform they can beat anyone.”

Samid

Key to Rashford and Martial partnership?
“We work on it, we work on patterns but they’ve been together at the club for so long, there was a spell where they were challenging for the same position but now they play together and starting to click, they know each other’s company, strengths, weaknesses if there are any, delighted with their performances.”

Samid

Last time Leeds promoted United won the FA Cup
“I’m not very superstitious but I hope you’re right.”

Raw

Jesse Lingard has key role to play
“Jesse’s a part of the club and has worked really hard and deserves his chance to come back in, we know his qualities, we know he has got different qualities to other players and he knows we value him.”
Some people aren't gonna like this.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Early team news
“Luke will be out. I can’t see him recovering. Brandon will hopefully be okay, he’ll try to join in training today with his eye. We’ll see if he can see the ball when he comes in! He should be fine.”

Oh dear! That's a bit of a shiner.

Samid

Solskjaer reacts to claims United are lucky with VAR decisions
“How long have we got? I can sit here for hours now and try to talk about this. It looks like there’s a narrative, it looks like people want to influence whoever is making the decisions. I hear people talking about luck, that we’ve been lucky more than unlucky.

“If you look at the factual decisions - I don’t want to sound like a certain manager talking about facts - but if you’re offside you’re offside, that’s clear.

“Talking about lucky; the penalty we got against Tottenham in the last minute that was taken away from us; that might be two points for us. Talking about the red card [Oriol] Romeu should have had against us when he almost got Mason Greenwood crippled, that should’ve been a red card, maybe that would’ve helped us.

“Talking about Mark Noble when he should have been sent off against us when we lost at West Ham. Talking about the actual decision that is made that is against Man United but is overturned and corrected. So it’s actually me that should be complaining that we get decisions against us on the pitch by the on-pitch referee. “

There’s a narrative there but we have to focus on our games, we let other people talk about that. I don’t wanna go too much into it because I might be in trouble! I hope I’m not now!

“I’m pretty relaxed on these and refs are gonna be making objective decisions and are not gonna be influenced by any emotion in any way, so I don’t think they’ll read [what Lampard said].”

Samid

Does Solskjaer coach strikers himself?
“I do more with strikers than defenders, that’s true. i think i have got more expertise in that part of it, so yeah I like to join in and watch them and give them pointers and tips. We look at goalkeepers, how they stand, we do a lot of work but it is the effort from the boys. The calmness is the main thing.”

Samid

Lingard and Romero to start?
“The team is not selected yet and that goes for Jesse and Sergio they have got a good chance of being involved, we’ll make a decision on that later on.”

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He definitely wasn't happy with what Lampard said. Just hope it doesn't make it harder for us to get any decisions.

Samid

Solskjaer not concerned about Mason Greenwood burnout
“He’s coped really well with the demands on him, we’ve managed him as well as we could he’s come back from lockdown flying sharpness is there he’s gained a few kilos and a lot of experience in his own abilities, so there are only two games left in the league hopefully two in FA Cup and three or four in Europa League, he’ll be fine, no chance of a burnout, he’s been excellent.”

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
“How long have we got? I can sit here for hours now and try to talk about this. It looks like there’s a narrative, it looks like people want to influence whoever is making the decisions. I hear people talking about luck, that we’ve been lucky more than unlucky.

“If you look at the factual decisions - I don’t want to sound like a certain manager talking about facts - but if you’re offside you’re offside, that’s clear.

“Talking about lucky; the penalty we got against Tottenham in the last minute that was taken away from us; that might be two points for us. Talking about the red card [Oriol] Romeu should have had against us when he almost got Mason Greenwood crippled, that should’ve been a red card, maybe that would’ve helped us.

“Talking about Mark Noble when he should have been sent off against us when we lost at West Ham. Talking about the actual decision that is made that is against Man United but is overturned and corrected. So it’s actually me that should be complaining that we get decisions against us on the pitch by the on-pitch referee. “

There’s a narrative there but we have to focus on our games, we let other people talk about that. I don’t wanna go too much into it because I might be in trouble! I hope I’m not now!

“I’m pretty relaxed on these and refs are gonna be making objective decisions and are not gonna be influenced by any emotion in any way, so I don’t think they’ll read [what Lampard said].”
Rafa'll need Savlon and asbestos underpants.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If you look at the factual decisions - I don’t want to sound like a certain manager talking about facts - but if you’re offside you’re offside, that’s clear.
:lol:

He is part of caf or reddit for sure.

AshRK

With each passimg day he is sounding more confident and the arrogance is there. Keep it coming.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

That’s a great response

Keefy18

Some people aren't gonna like this.
He never gives much out to the press / public.

He admitted as much in his recent interview that if someone isn't performing he slowly & quietly phases them out.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Good man.

Robbo*

Early team news

is he off to barnard castle to check it out?

Reactions: jojojo

Irrational.

What a great answer. Seems like he came prepared for this.

bludsucker

That’s the way to silence these idiots. Good on ole for putting the record straight.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

:lol: Tell ‘em, Ole.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Ouffff someone is going to have to attend the burnward. Great response.

Sylar

His conferences are great. They VAR answer in particular. Also nice that he doesn't single out players esp in media.

Id love us to win with a changed team

vodrake

I enjoy that amongst all of that he still found the time to get in a jab about Rafa :lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

FACHTS :lol: