Solskjær press conference vs City (A) | Ole: "Alexis will come back in the summer and will prove you all wrong"

SAFMUTD

Regarding Alexis declarations I genuinely think he realized half way through the winter signings opinion that he still had Alexis and he had feck up so he then said he’s going to prove us wrong trying to fix it.

But there’s no way he thinks he can turn Alexis around, if he did he would has kept him.

RedDevil@84

Regarding Alexis declarations I genuinely think he realized half way through the winter signings opinion that he still had Alexis and he had feck up so he then said he’s going to prove us wrong trying to fix it.

But there’s no way he thinks he can turn Alexis around, if he did he would has kept him.
Or he called up Woodward and he was told that Alexis is coming back in summer and he should consider it as a new signing, so that we can keep the net spend as low as possible.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
In fairness, we will clearly be looking to flog Sanchez so Ole will have just been talking him up in public. He needs one of them Michael Owen brochures.

::sonny::

He can’t stay injury free for more than one or two months in a row, his legs are gone

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Re the Sanchez comments i think its either
a) Hes taking the piss
b) Hes having a dig at the board
c) Hes completely lost his mind

Even a blind man can see Sanchez is well past it. Even Inter who are in full muppet mode these days wont sign him on a permanent deal

fps

People are thick as shit and run with whatever the general consensus on social media media is and that's driven by a media narrative that is put out purely to stole the flames and drum up the fury and interest of the unintelligent. It's happened for years and years and not just with football.

People can be convinced of almost anything and don't do any fact checking or investigation to verify anything. You only have to look at the amount of reposted articles with sensationalist titles and when you read the article it actually doesn't make the point the idiot posting it thought but they hadn't read the article, they just reposted the headline and that's enough for them.

Then throw in that people generally don't like to go against the grain and will tend to follow the general popular opinion and you've got a bunch of stupid sheep. You see it all the time on here and other forums, one pundit says something,it gets clipped up and posted on Twitter and all of a sudden whatever phrase they used is being repeated. Even people's language is so easily manipulated. That's why propaganda is so effective, Germany managed to do it extremely well prior to the second world war and managed to convince pretty much an entire nation that Jews were the enemy. Extreme example but history is absolutely littered with people's opinions or mindsets being set for them by external sources or parties. Whether that's the media, a government, a religion etc.

Ole being a 'puppet' is a current popular buzz phrase. The more people see someone using this, the more they repeat it. Stupid people are easily led and we have a lot of stupid fans. As do other clubs to be fair.
Yes, football is the world’s game after all so a tonne of stupid ones around. It’s no rugby for the odds of a good discussion.

TrustInOle

Could be mind games against the board from Ole? He surely would have known how this comment would have been taken from the fans, basically meaning signings are unlikely. Low and behold, hours later United have finally come to an agreement with Sporting. Could have been a blinder from Ole or I could be reaching.

On another note, how much of a positive impact could winning this or even better Fa cup/ Europa have on this very young team? Been well documented how impactful the Fa cup was towards the team Sir Alex initially built and I see alot of potential from within our current squad and believe winning the Fa or Europa would help push a few of them on to greater heights. Building a winning mentality early was half the battle won for Sir Alex and is a huge issue talked about from former players.

If these young kids can grab hold of what that mentality is like, at a young age within their group, we will be one step closer to having some strong foundations for future reservation, rather than going out and buying a fix-it-now type of player.

RedIan

Just watched press conference, he as grinning when he made the Sanchez comment - so i take with pinch of salt but as usual his every word is analysed to death.. hell of a job managing Man United, most men would crumble.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He brought on Lingard against Burnley when we needed to score a goal.
Now he wants to bring back another non-scoring attacker.
Like Jose before him, I am beginning to think that he wants to be sacked (and receive a pay-out....so won't resign).

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Re the Sanchez comments i think its either
a) Hes taking the piss
b) Hes having a dig at the board
c) Hes completely lost his mind

Even a blind man can see Sanchez is well past it. Even Inter who are in full muppet mode these days wont sign him on a permanent deal
A blind man can see that Lingard is utterly useless as an attacker, but apparently Ole still hasn't realised this. So, it would not surprise me if Ole genuinely believes Sanchez is a viable squad member.
Remember, Ole is Woodward's "yes man", so if Woodward has told Ole that next year Sanchez will be part of his squad, then Ole will tow the company line.
Ole is frequently telling the press that we have money, but won't spend unless absolutely the right player is available, at the right price. This sounds like Woodward, to me.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Now he wants to bring back another non-scoring attacker.
He doesn't have much choice, does he?

The fecker has a contract. If Inter ain't keen on signing him permanently (or extending the loan), we're stuck with him. And in that scenario, what should Ole say? That he's done for, utter shite, pointless player, etc? Not bloody likely, is it?

Ole talked him up (after a fashion) prior to the loan deal last summer too - as you would. It would be idiotic to declare that he's shite and unwanted.

Additionally, with regard to this "yes man" or "Glazer stooge" notion - there are several possibilities: he could be a naive idiot, he could be a money grabbing whore, he could actually be working with Woodward on a long term plan - anything's possible and I don't trust anyone at United implicitly.

But what the feck do people expect? He isn't going to come out publicly shouting "feck the Glazers!" is he? That's some sort of bizarre fan fantasy: do the honourable thing and resign (because...Glazers). And if he doesn't, he's a "stooge". It's ridiculous and it doesn't work on any level as a stick to beat him with (there are multiple other sticks, so use those, not this one).

Last edited:

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
A blind man can see that Lingard is utterly useless as an attacker, but apparently Ole still hasn't realised this. So, it would not surprise me if Ole genuinely believes Sanchez is a viable squad member.
Remember, Ole is Woodward's "yes man", so if Woodward has told Ole that next year Sanchez will be part of his squad, then Ole will tow the company line.
Ole is frequently telling the press that we have money, but won't spend unless absolutely the right player is available, at the right price. This sounds like Woodward, to me.
You do realize we just today bought a new #10 right? Lindgard is shite yes, but hes not that much worse than Pereria and Mata is old so he cant play that much

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Couldn't have put it better myself.
The truth is that at the moment United management is all about posturing and talk.
Certainly not about action.

Kappa123

And when this utterly tedious man and his squad get turned over by City nothing will change... He has a free pass to say whatever shit he wants yet he can't improve the team after more than a year and 3 transfer windows.

Done hearing this absolute clown.