Solskjær press conference vs City (A) | Ole: "Alexis will come back in the summer and will prove you all wrong"

ISMAIL-007

Can’t believe Solskjær said that about Sanchez. If we want to sell him then we really need Solskjær to talk shit about him, speculate that he’s finished as a player and even question whether his injury is actually healed or whether it’s likely to cause lots of issues in the future.
Why would we do that if we want to sell him? maybe saying that he's coming back and he's going to be like a new signing might lure potential buyers.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
He just sound and looks like an unintelligent person who's totally clueless about how to turn things around. Laughing and smiling doesn't exactly help his case either. He's destroying his reputation and soon there is nothing to defend.

Steven-UK

He just sound and looks like an unintelligent person who's totally clueless about how to turn things around. Laughing and smiling doesn't exactly help his case either. He's destroying his reputation and soon there is nothing to defend.
Exactly...

Solskjær is now turning into a caricature of pure delusional lunacy. He is a puppet for his paymasters, nothing more, nothing less.

Very sad to see a legend of the club being reduced to this.

Red00012

Let’s face it Conte has publicly criticised Sanchez for his professionalism and not been fit. It’s come out that Jose slated him. Ole hasn’t mentioned him but has said some players needed to go (Lukaku , Sanchez ) I’m thinking.

There is no option to be recalled burn let’s face it , if Ole got onto Conte and said I want him back I very much doubt Conte or the board will object.

The fact of the matter is Utd don’t want him and the board don't want to start paying 100% of his wages again.

Last edited:

KristianMackle

Mourinho tried to force Woodward's hand into the transfer, still didn't get the players he wanted, we eventually regressed and he was sacked.
Ole wont do any forcing, he'll just nod along and Woody likes that.

iKeano

This

Exactly...

Solskjær is now turning into a caricature of pure delusional lunacy. He is a puppet for his paymasters, nothing more, nothing less.

And this.

Does he think the press are his mates & he can have a candid laugh with? Joking about the absolute state of the club he's managing is ridiculous. He needs to go before he ruins his legend.

Also, Mata was a January buy. People say January buys are difficult because other normal clubs do business in the summer.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Laughter filled the room. Not sure it's an appropriate thing for him to have done either way
I agree. If he's serious then he's clueless. Sanchez is finished. If he's joking then he's making fun of our highest paid player and one of the most ridiculous deals ever done in the EPL. Both player and the agent won't like it.

yamo123x

Its so poor, we are becoming pharcical---
smalling and alexis will be like new signings will be the summer vibe.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
His spell at Milan has confirmed what we knew, Sanchez is finished at the top level. Regardless of what Ole has said, I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually Conte / Milan who have already said 'no thanks' to any prolonged association with Alexis. Maybe Ole is saving everyone's blushes?

Seven Seas Sardines

I agree. If he's serious then he's clueless. Sanchez is finished. If he's joking then he's making fun of our highest paid player and one of the most ridiculous deals ever done in the EPL. Both player and the agent won't like it.
And most importantly the fans have got fed up. Seeing tons of Ole defenders on Twitter finally turning their backs on him because of what he said, and surely the player+agent because of the way he said it. All must be furious.

But all's well as long as he gets his precious Lego from Woodward.

KristianMackle

On the bright side, if we finish outside of Europa League place, I think that time iut of any European competition will do us great. And hopefully Ole will be gone by then.

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd
Exactly...

Congratulations on making the most ridiculous post of the month! And that takes some doing :eek:

I suggest you warriors go and watch the presser and bring some sense of humor along with a little spice of IQ. Might put things in the right perspective. This is getting embarrassing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The quote is pure man management. We know that Inter won't make the deal permanent and that we are unlikely to find a buyer. So now with have two options, we ostracize and pay him for nothing until 2022 or we try to at least rebuild his moral and make some use of the player he has become.
Yep. About a week before we shipped Sanchez out it was all about how he was a good part of the squad and suchlike bs.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
On the bright side, if we finish outside of Europa League place, I think that time iut of any European competition will do us great. And hopefully Ole will be gone by then.
We won't be quite crap enough to avoid the Europa though.
Only Moyes secured that.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
I’m 27 years old and I want to ask the older ones here: Is this an all time low for us, if we speak about the overall situation?

The football is shit, the squad is shit, the manager is shit, the structure and management is utter shit and I’m starting to believe the narrative that there is no money.
Nowhere near. Early 70s were dire, the Dave Sexton years were boring. Early years under SAF were pretty depressing and we played much worse than we do now, fortunately we stuck with Sir Alex and it all came good. Nowadays SAF would not have got the six and a half years he did to get us winning the league again. The grass is always greener as they say but luckily we have won more than all the other clubs - have to be a bit patient and it will come good again but not by changing managers so often.

romufc

It's getting to the point where the fans at every game are supporting Ole, we have backed Ole all along.

All we expect is some honesty from the man, I can guarantee if he continues down this path he will have the fans against him by the end of the season.

jamesjimmybyrondean

People complaining about the Sanchez video want to find something that isn't there. He was clearly joking if you watch the video. Everybody knows how shut Sanchez is and I'm sure even the man that loaned him out is aware too

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He actually said that about Alexis returning in the summer? I thought it was a joke tweet. Between that and the transfer window the only conclusion I can come to is that there is no money for Ole to improve the squad.

Meep

Am I missing something here? What is the problem (more than Sanchez being a United player)?

Inter ain't gonna prolong the loan and Sanchez will come back with a heavy salary on his head. Hopefully, OGS know how much Sanchez would want to get out of United as he hasn't aged well, been injured and he doesn't seem to fit in the group being a bit older. Think Ole sends him a message that he will come and work for his salary. United probably wishes for Sanchez to break his contract and prioritize his own well-being instead of the massive pressure that will be on him in Manchester.. Atleast that is what I hope.

gza the genius

If you watch the Sanchez portion of the video you can tell he's not quite serious. The entire bit before he says it is him accidentally talking down Sanchez (basically saying we have never really gotten anyone good in January), I think he basically realizes that about halfway through and just tries to cover it up a bit.

It's an easy comment to blow out of proportion but in the context of the actual video/interview it isn't nearly like how the text reads.

Louis Van Gonads

I’m not sure why everyone is getting so worked up over this. OGS won’t be here in the summer anyway.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Am I missing something here? What is the problem (more than Sanchez being a United player)?
I suppose the question that has been and should've been asked before is: if we're stuck with Sanchez (we are unless he decides to drop all the money we owe him for contractual reasons, which he will not), and if he's coming back, then why in the feck did he loan him to Inter while we're still paying a big bulk of his wages?

SAFMUTD

Yeah that big reputation he built in cardiff and molde, he knows he’s done this will be his last job in a top league.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
I can't imagine being the guy trying to protect this board. Ole isn't going to say anything negative. But he might resign. He's already wealthy & you would hope would put the soul of the club before himself.
£7.5m a year is much more then he was making as a player and infinitely more then he was making managing Molde.

Roy Keane getting £50k a week in 2000 was considered the club breaking its wage structure. Really doubt Ole was on more then 10k a week

Devil may care

There are times when I post things I just know trouble is brewing. I think sometimes it is better to then listen to the press conference and see what the question was and the context.
Yeah, but I think in this case even saying it at all was a weird choice for Ole as we aren't in a spot where fans are reading between the lines or are in a mood for veiled sarcasm.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yeah, but I think in this case even saying it at all was a weird choice for Ole as we aren't in a spot where fans are reading between the lines or are in a mood for veiled sarcasm.
I know. If things were going better he can crack jokes or be sarcastic. They aren't going really well, so it just winds people up. Maybe Ole is just past caring. Ed has disappeared when Ole needs backing, not through press releases but on camera. The people who run this club are a bunch of cowards. How they dealt with LvG shows that. There are ways to deal with situations and show class in the process. We have no idea any longer how to do that.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
United fans baffled by Alex Sanchez situation
Solskjaer’s comments haven’t exactly gone down well.

Sanchez has had just as trash of a season in Serie A, as he had with us for two years - only 6 starts and measly 1 goal. Clearly Inter has had enough of him and doesn't want him even on loan, anymore. And nobody will buy him, not with his salary demands, so that's why he is coming back - nowhere else to go.

Ole saying he will surprise people is just him tying to boost Alexis confidence by praising him given how we can't avoid him. It's futile, though. Alexis career is over and he is just shamelessly milking the money now, because he can

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Jesus wept this man makes Moyes look good.
Let PSG go. It was a year ago. It's like piping on about a fit bird you once pulled. IT WAS A FREAK, VAR HAND BALL PENALTY.

Can't talk about transfers? To be fair to him, he's hung out to dry here - UTD ARE NOT SERIOUS ABOUT FERNANDES. We. Aren't. Signing. Anyone.

Rojo injured? How does someone who doesn't ever play get injured?! Burned himself on the toaster.

Looking forward to his excuses post-game.

Mans so out of his depth it's crazy & the board are doing nothing in the slightest to help. Sacraficial lamb.
He’s like the incompetent son of a King. Knows he won’t get removed, knows the people won’t voice their true thoughts to his face...

red4ever 79

If you watch the Sanchez portion of the video you can tell he's not quite serious. The entire bit before he says it is him accidentally talking down Sanchez (basically saying we have never really gotten anyone good in January), I think he basically realizes that about halfway through and just tries to cover it up a bit.

It's an easy comment to blow out of proportion but in the context of the actual video/interview it isn't nearly like how the text reads.
So he is taking the P8ss out of a player who is the highest paid player in Utd's history right?

bonothom

We need a proper manager for God's sake. This relief teacher farce has gone on for far too long.