Solskjær press conference vs City (A) | Ole: "Alexis will come back in the summer and will prove you all wrong"

red4ever 79

The quote is pure man management. We know that Inter won't make the deal permanent and that we are unlikely to find a buyer. So now with have two options, we ostracize and pay him for nothing until 2022 or we try to at least rebuild his moral and make some use of the player he has become.
That's fine. However why come up with this now, 3 days before the end of the window? When all Utd fans know we are desperate for a midfielder and an attacker. Why irritate the fan base anymore. He could have made this statement in one month's time. Now it looks like Utd are signing no-one this window but dont worry Sanchez is coming back

Born2Lose

Never really understood the obsession this place has with press conferences, attempting to parse quotes from managers as if they're gospel.

It's called being diplomatic, it's one of the big differences between being an actual manager and thinking you are one on the internet.

If Sanchez returns it's because the club can't get rid of him. If you want to blame anyone for Sanchez, blame the "Special one" for getting it so monumentally wrong as he did on so many transfers.

Water Melon

Depending on to whom I could accept that for the long term benefit. Have no idea how many consortiums could afford the asking price though can't see it being many at all.
Tough one. Anyone but Glazers. Do not see any improvements under the current regime. The owners probably also know that in order to keep the money flowing in, they have to invest heavily.

Who to? The Saudis have turned their attention to Newcastle and there aren't many buyers who could afford what the Glazers will ask.
I do not think that The Saudis are going to give up that easily. Probably started a waiting game.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Even if that is the reason. It's simply not an appropriate time for Ole to come out with that. He wasnt asked a direct question about Sanchez. There are 3 days of the transfer window left to go. Everyone knows that Utd are desperate for a midfielder and an attacker. Not the right time for Ole to come out with that
Yeah the club has got into a real mess with Sanchez before Ole arrived but his remarks are ridiculous, and the timing is baffling.

I am sure that Mata will be delighted with these comments.

Christ, what an idiot.
Ole was in the opposition dugout at Mata's United debut, he ought to remember it was bloody cold that evening :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That's fine. However why come up with this now, 3 days before the end of the window? When all Utd fans know we are desperate for a midfielder and an attacker. Why irritate the fan base anymore. He could have made this statement in one month's time. Now it looks like Utd are signing no-one this window but dont worry Sanchez is coming back
He replied to a question, I don't have the question but I suspect that he was baited and failed to dodge the question.

macheda14

Its not about backlash. It's about branding and positioning. They posted the condolences good for them. I still think it was a missed opportunity cynical as that may sound.
You were criticising the Club for not posting about Kobe, when they did. You now know they did and are still criticising them for it? I’m honestly confused with your thought process here.

ExecutionerWasp001

It might be preemptive face saving as Inter won't be buying him, and he will be almost impossible to sell with the wages he's on.
We'll be looking to loan Sanchez out again. The best we can hope for is to get another club to pay 25% of his wages. There's always a mug out there who thinks they can grab a bargain. It makes sense to talk him up to try & get people interested. If we say there's no way back for him we're stuck with paying his full wage.

red4ever 79

He replied to a question, I don't have the question but I suspect that he was baited and failed to dodge the question.
Apologies if he did. I'm going to go and watch it again. I dont think he was asked about Sanchez directly. Will come back to you :)

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
I’m 27 years old and I want to ask the older ones here: Is this an all time low for us, if we speak about the overall situation?

The football is shit, the squad is shit, the manager is shit, the structure and management is utter shit and I’m starting to believe the narrative that there is no money.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I’m not the one posting without evidence.

So if anyone needs to calm their ‘tits’ it’s certainly not me.

What your making a link to is nothing to do with your original bullshit about Kobe. You’re a disgrace
and your mom is a slut. Insults are easy.

peridigm

We'll be looking to loan Sanchez out again. The best we can hope for is to get another club to pay 25% of his wages. There's always a mug out there who thinks they can grab a bargain. It makes sense to talk him up to try & get people interested. If we say there's no way back for him we're stuck with paying his full wage.
He’s 31. China won’t be an option unless they get this virus under control. MLS maybe? Can’t see many clubs willing to pay him even £100k/wk.

Becks-7-

Supports
United & Eintracht Frankfurt
If Alexis for whatever reason is going to stay why don’t we get him back right now? We already spoke with Inter because of Young and Alexis in last seasons form is better than Lingard/Pereira all day long.

JPRouve

Scout
2.55 no need to mention Sanchez in the way he did. Mind you watching that he is laughing as he says it. He is wumming the board
Yup, it wasn't necessary to say it at that moment. I agree with your original point.

JPRouve

Scout
I’m 27 years old and I want to ask the older ones here: Is this an all time low for us, if we speak about the overall situation?

The football is shit, the squad is shit, the manager is shit, the structure and management is utter shit and I’m starting to believe the narrative that there is no money.
This club as been relegated and spent a few seasons as a genuine midtable club. So no, it's not an all time a low, it would be in the 70s.

RedNed77

Can't believe people are getting their knickers in a twist over the Sanchez comment. In the summer Ole was bigging Sanchez up and saying he was an important player for us, two days later he was shipped out to Inter.

His comments mean absolutely nothing. The only thing that is guaranteed is if nobody buys him off us; a) he'll be here next season b) unlikely to get any game time and c) won't be getting another contract.

EireRed_GS

I've been half expecting this: I asked recently whey we were still paying his wages. I'm not sure it's a totally bad idea; you don't become a shite player overnight and I always suspected something else was going on and maybe whatever it was has now "gone away". If we get the guy who played for Arsenal it will be a huge boost
Arsenal didnt even get the guy that played for Arsenal that last season he was there.. Perfect timing on their side on shifting him on

Sparky Rhiwabon

I think people have misunderstood the Sanchez comment - he was talking about the January transfer window and how we have had so few successful transfers in it, he then mentioned the good ones like Larsson, Evra and Vidic. I think he then felt obliged to mention Sanchez as he was the last big Jan window transfer, then felt a bit embarrassed so had to say something positive about him as well

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
United fans baffled by Alex Sanchez situation
Solskjaer’s comments haven’t exactly gone down well.

Clearly Ole thought the club would secure a replacement. Now its clear that we won't be bringing in any forwards Ole's having to talk him up. Like he's had to do with so many other players he clearly doesn't want and obviously wants to bin off.

The people who think another manager would be doing so much better need to understand: The taps have been turned off. There will be no more big spending. With this squad our current level is about the best we can expect. Andreas is not going to suddenly turn into prime Kaka etc. We're a middling team with mostly middling players.

EireRed_GS

2.55 no need to mention Sanchez in the way he did. Mind you watching that he is laughing as he says it. He is wumming the board
watching that, when he mentions Alexis, is he being serious or what? Im detecting almost a hint of sarcasm/ WUM. He looks a bit like he's going to laugh a little.

And that reporter's instant genuine stunned reaction :lol: "Seriously!?!",

The midfield general

He fecking said it Sanchez is coming back.Feel so sorry for him, a club legend and Woody and co are lining him up against the wall ,they using him to clear out the dead wood, Giving him no money whatsoever to improve the squad, forcing him to use the young players even those that are not ready,and at the end of the season will feck him off.bastards the lot of them.

Snafu17

He won't be going anywhere. Who is going to pay him what we do? Inter don't seem keen to pay him half with us contributing the other for now and they have signed about 20 players recently.

I wouldn't even be shocked if they terminate the loan deal and send him back to us.
That's a different matter altogether. We might not be able to shift him, but we are almost certainly going to try. We haven't changed our position on him, it's just Ole being vaguely positive in press conference, a thing he does all the time. At worst you can say he stumbled over a question, but we're not going to bring Sanchez back with the intention of actually using him next season so bitching about it as if we will is silly.

Amerifan

Ole is earning his money. Having to deliver the news we want Sanchez back in the squad after his failed loan. Like being a press secretary for some unpopular politician.

Venkman24

Lineup Prediction League Runner-up 2014/15
Ole mentions Larsson, Matic and Evra as good January transfers then a journalist says Sanchez. Don't think Ole would've brought Sanchez up if the journalist hadn't said it.

Amerifan

If Alexis for whatever reason is going to stay why don’t we get him back right now? We already spoke with Inter because of Young and Alexis in last seasons form is better than Lingard/Pereira all day long.
We don’t want him messing up the dressing room. His attitude isn’t something you want the younger players around.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
:lol: Fans are suffering from PTSD right now and Ole coming out with ludicrous comments like this are triggers.
There are times when I post things I just know trouble is brewing. I think sometimes it is better to then listen to the press conference and see what the question was and the context.

He'sRaldo

I think people have misunderstood the Sanchez comment - he was talking about the January transfer window and how we have had so few successful transfers in it, he then mentioned the good ones like Larsson, Evra and Vidic. I think he then felt obliged to mention Sanchez as he was the last big Jan window transfer, then felt a bit embarrassed so had to say something positive about him as well
Watching the video, I agree. That's why it's harder to deal with quotes as opposed to video evidence.