Solskjær press conference vs City (A)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The audacity of this guy turning up in a range rower and having that smug look after one win. And driving in before sunrise to give the impression he's a hard worker.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
The audacity of this guy turning up in a range rower and having that smug look after one win. And driving in before sunrise to give the impression he's a hard worker.
Exactly and what a typical Norwegian thing to do.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Looks to me like his hand isn't even fully on the wheel there either. So now he thinks it's ok to flagrantly break the law and potentially endanger the lives of children.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Looks to me like his hand isn't even fully on the wheel there either. So now he thinks it's ok to flagrantly break the law and potentially endanger the lives of children.
Haven't you heard the song?

If you want him to come out roaring before the derby even after a good win you're probably going to be disappointed. If anything he'll need to set out to dampen expectations ahead of this one.

tenpoless

There's nothing left of the man who was signed as an interim manager - talked about the United way, attacking way etc. This is all gone and replaced with "in progress" and "in the future"... Terrible fall.

pacifictheme

Before i saw this i made a similar joke in my head. Bravo.

Samid

Injury update on Martial and Pogba
We hope to have Anthony definitely for part of the game, not sure if he’s able to start, Paul won’t be, no.

Samid

On the derby
Manchester derbies are always special games but you can’t say it matters more... For the fans, of course. We’re up for it, fans ate were fantastic at home and sure we’ll hear them on Sat.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Martial returning from injury by missing just 1 game? That's a new.

Samid

Are you taking a better team than the one that got beat back at Old Trafford in April?
Confidence is a strange thing in football, you can get performances and results like Wednesday night and it boosts it so much and I know our boys will be up for it, energy wise should be fine young, 24 hrs less recovery time shouldn’t matter, go on adrenaline.

Yesterday was a recovery day, they were tired, today’s another preparation day, still haven’t had that session. I expect them to have had a good night’s sleep and the smiles are back on faces.

jackal&hyde

On the derby
Manchester derbies are always special games but you can’t say it matters more... For the fans, of course. We’re up for it, fans ate were fantastic at home and sure we’ll hear them on Sat.
He's calling us fat now? :mad:

Samid

Had some good results this season, why have you not been able to build on previous ones?
We’re going away against arguably the best team in England, difficult game but we need consistency, I said it before this is a chance for everyone was doom and gloom but it’s a chance to turn that doubt into belief and for us if we can manage to get another performance the confidence, the way we played against Tottenham if we can do that at the Etihad we can come out of it with a result.

People say ‘why do you not have better results in other games’ but Premier League is hard, no matter who you play, it’s margins, I think it’s a compliment to the league, you’ve got City, Liverpool, Leicester consistent but the other games are really tight.

Samid

Is the challenge for Rashford to do what Aguero and Vardy do and score game after game?
He is doing that at the moment and how he didn’t get the goal against Villa is beyond me, he’s consistently now scoring 10 in the last 11 or whatever but it’s not like four in one and two or three without, it’s not just in spurts but he’s consistently getting chances, and into better positions and on Wednesday night he was unbelievable and hope to see that again

Samid

Further update on Pogba
As soon as possible, he’s out on the grass training, I said in 2019 so hopefully before the New Year..

Samid

What have you made on the latest situation on the racism front in Italy and what do you make of Smalling?
First of all, when you see that paper you say wow really is that possible? It’s the worst front page I’ve ever seen and we’ve been in touch with Chris just so he knows we’ll back him and Romelu as well. I don’t work in your line of business but wow, it’s incredible and at least we don’t see that here, that has to be stamped out.

Chris has been fantastic but we know sometimes if you change the environment it can go both ways but Chris is the type to relish these challenges he’s cultured, enjoys life down there, new experience for hi, he’s a boy who couldn’t be here without being a reg and so happy for him because we can see the top player he is.

Nickelodeon

Are you taking a better team than the one that got beat back at Old Trafford in April?
Confidence is a strange thing in football, you can get performances and results like Wednesday night and it boosts it so much and I know our boys will be up for it, energy wise should be fine young, 24 hrs less recovery time shouldn’t matter, go on adrenaline.

Yesterday was a recovery day, they were tired, today’s another preparation day, still haven’t had that session. I expect them to have had a good night’s sleep and the smiles are back on faces.
Cue "Ole has brought smiles back on players faces" narrative

Samid

How has the derby developed since you were a player?
At least we play every year now, took many years before I played a Manchester derby myself, it’s changed in a way, Manchester City are a better team now than when I was playing, football has changed quite a lot, was allowed a few more proper tackles with every little angle, everything being scrutinised now it’s more of a technical, tactical game than physical mental, a derby should be played as a derby, we don’t play basketball and we’re ready if that happens.

Nickelodeon

Is the challenge for Rashford to do what Aguero and Vardy do and score game after game?
He is doing that at the moment and how he didn’t get the goal against Villa is beyond me, he’s consistently now scoring 10 in the last 11 or whatever but it’s not like four in one and two or three without, it’s not just in spurts but he’s consistently getting chances, and into better positions and on Wednesday night he was unbelievable and hope to see that again
Taking shots at himself now?

Pogba's Barber

Supports
Droylsden FC
How has the derby developed since you were a player?
At least we play every year now, took many years before I played a Manchester derby myself, it’s changed in a way, Manchester City are a better team now than when I was playing, football has changed quite a lot, was allowed a few more proper tackles with every little angle, everything being scrutinised now it’s more of a technical, tactical game than physical mental, a derby should be played as a derby, we don’t play basketball and we’re ready if that happens.
Lovely stuff from Ole there. He's a genuine fan at heart. For me, that's a priceless quality to have in any manager or player. We should remember as fans that football is more fun when enjoyed from the heart, not the head.

wolvored

And look at the empty seats. Could have given Rashy, Lingy, Greeny and Marty a lift, save their petrol. Spiteful git