Solskjær press conference vs City (A)

Canagel

Only for part of the game though. My guess is he’ll be on the bench
Even from the bench it adds a different dimension to the match. Their dodgy backline will certainly give up chances and we must be at our full strength to take them.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yeah, he will definitely start.

Looking forward to the match and I reckon we will do them.
I think we will win too. Would have been nice to have Pogba back for this one as we will need all the moments of quality we can muster, especially as we’ll be under pressure for much of the game. That said, with Scott back, I am confident he and Fred can provide a good shield for the defence with the energy to track. With Wan Bissaka in the team too, I am confident in him 1v1 against any City winger. Our front 3 will definitely hurt their back 4 on the counter, and no Fernandinho sitting in front of them either.

Ban

Further update on Pogba
As soon as possible, he’s out on the grass training, I said in 2019 so hopefully before the New Year..
Wasn't it some time in December. I mean yeah before New year is still December but his comeback is again pushed.

reddevil80

Looks to me like his hand isn't even fully on the wheel there either. So now he thinks it's ok to flagrantly break the law and potentially endanger the lives of children.
And , I would say he has that look of " crap, I'm driving and they've caught me texting too ".

Ban

Looks to me like his hand isn't even fully on the wheel there either. So now he thinks it's ok to flagrantly break the law and potentially endanger the lives of children.
Embarrassing. New low. Real managers always have both hands on the wheel.

KekiZeki

I think City are out of the title race, will be supporting Leicester to get there. We need these points, we also like to asert dominance in Manchester and we do well in big games, so let's go at them!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
How has the derby developed since you were a player?
At least we play every year now, took many years before I played a Manchester derby myself, it’s changed in a way, Manchester City are a better team now than when I was playing, football has changed quite a lot, was allowed a few more proper tackles with every little angle, everything being scrutinised now it’s more of a technical, tactical game than physical mental, a derby should be played as a derby, we don’t play basketball and we’re ready if that happens.
That's the one @Ban

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Whats the dig?
They weren't in the top flight for several seasons during Ole's playing days for United.

Depends on how you define a dig, I suppose. But, yeah, I'd call it a dig.

And I like it.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Another pic of Solskjaer arriving at Carrington and he still looks like Egon from Olsen Gang photoshopped into Range Rover.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I think we will win too. Would have been nice to have Pogba back for this one as we will need all the moments of quality we can muster, especially as we’ll be under pressure for much of the game. That said, with Scott back, I am confident he and Fred can provide a good shield for the defence with the energy to track. With Wan Bissaka in the team too, I am confident in him 1v1 against any City winger. Our front 3 will definitely hurt their back 4 on the counter, and no Fernandinho sitting in front of them either.
I agree with out that, although, apart from AWB, you don't mention our defence much. Without Kunto, they will have less threat, he loves scoring against us.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I love and admire your optimism.

RedNed77

I still dont understand why they have Cancelo on the bench. Surely stick him at right back and play Kyle Walker as a CB, he's played as one of the central three a few times.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Martial back after one game?! No chance, surely! That's not his MO!

The Pogba quotes write themselves don't they.

It'll be Feb and it'll be, "yeah, Paul's looking sharper, really buzzing about the place. Not quite got his match fitness though, so we hope to have him back for the run in"

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd
Martial back after one game?! No chance, surely! That's not his MO!

The Pogba quotes write themselves don't they.

It'll be Feb and it'll be, "yeah, Paul's looking sharper, really buzzing about the place. Not quite got his match fitness though, so we hope to have him back for the run in"
Cheers mate! i`ll put you on my friends list. Know where to go for my pep talk now :)

clarkydaz

judging by the smug look on his face likely hit a few on the way in, knowing full well his job is safe

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
judging by the smug look on his face likely hit a few on the way in, knowing full well his job is safe
People can't win with fans can they?
Be it Moyes looking "nervous", Jose being "Tetchy", Van Gaal "arrogant" and now Ole "smug"

Bloody hell, what expression is ok with you?

Embargoed quotes

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
On believing in the project
You believe in what you’re doing behind the scenes, believe in the players, believe in the coaching staff and, of course, believe we’re gonna add to this squad with some very good players.

Samid

On predecessors Moyes and Mourinho's opinions that United can't compete with City's resources
I don’t agree [that Man City will be permanently better than United]. What are you gonna do? Are you gonna give up? Not challenge them? No. City’s level is what we’ve got to get back to.

As a club, the size of our club, we're going to have to bridge that gap and our aim is to go past the teams above us. And I believe at Man United that's what we have to aim for, that's what we have to go for and that's what we have to believe in.

Samid

Are United still bigger than City?
Yeah. You can't argue we're too far behind but it's a chance for us now to challenge them and bridge that gap a little bit. So we're going there to win, we're going there to get a result, even though we know it's going to be difficult.

Because we do have the resources to do it, we do have the people to do it, so why not?

Samid

On operating differently in the market or buying your way to success
Do I look like I’m going to spend hundreds of millions of pounds on players we’re not sure of? As I said we need to rebuild, we need to change the culture. You want the culture with that hunger and selflessness that most of these players are showing.

You’ve got the McTominays and Rashfords and Lingards, the players that know what Man United is.

Don't deviate from a plan that you have set out and believe in what we're doing behind the scenes. Believe in the players, believe in the coaching staff, and, of course, believe in that we're going to add to this squad with some very good players with recruitment.

Samid

On acquiring squad depth
We keep on going in the direction we're going. We know that we need to strengthen the squad in depth and in quality, because you can see since I came in, Matteo [Darmian], Chris [Smalling], Antonio [Valencia], [Marouane] Fellaini, Ander Herrera, Romelu, Alexis, there are seven players there gone, with loads of experience.

We've signed three good ones, for sure, we've got some young ones through, but still the depth of the squad, especially when you think about all the injuries we've had, we haven't been able to have that consistency. But when we get them players in I'm sure that gap is gonna be closed. Sometimes you do change games from the bench as well.

As long as we're going in the right direction and we get there, that day when we do it is going to be be a very good day.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
People can't win with fans can they?
Be it Moyes looking "nervous", Jose being "Tetchy", Van Gaal "arrogant" and now Ole "smug"

Bloody hell, what expression is ok with you?
This is spot on :lol: Confident is arrogant twat. Nice is soft cnut. Hard is thuggish piece of shit. Down to earth = stuck in the mud. Inspirational = delusional.

We should appoint Ann from Arrested Development cause she has no face. No but this here probably comes from repeated patterns. People have developed a horrible way of responding to the club having issues. Ole is smug... how does a person even end up saying something like that? It's very odd, but it's to be expected almost based on that it happened to prior managers. It would happen to Poch or anyone else in a few months too. I wonder if it started with Moyes and a portion of the fans just momentarily rejected the face of anyone that wasn't SAF soon as they couldn't deliver what he did. Then every face become arrogant or smug for just being in that position and trying their best.

I've read that Van Gaal ruined the club. I've read that Mourinho ripped it's heart out, and that Moyes did as well, now Ole is looking smug ready to tear the whole club down if needs be.

croadyman

I like those answers a lot
Yeah I will be the first to admit I have thought Ole sounded wussy in pre match press conferences,however gotta give it to him he has taken confidence from Weds and has come out swinging.