Solskjær press conference vs City (A)

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Ole has the right attitude and vision. Talking about not spending mega money on players just for the sake of it but aknowledging that we need to strengthen, massively, is exactly what I want to hear. He's only interested in buying players with the right talent, profile and character. Can't fault that.
We've had a lot of shitty results but injuries and lack of squad depth, has killed any chance of consistency. You might say he shouldn't have got rid of so many experienced players, without replacing them but in my view, that's where he's been let down by the board. Same as Moyes, same as LVG, same as Mourinho. We needed to get rid of all those players if we are to properly overhaul the squad.

He's got a clear plan of how we should play (if all the starters are fit and availible) he's got the right type of players in mind and he's had the balls to clear out the dead wood, something that nobody else has done.
It's up to the board now, to replace those players and heavily invest in the squad, to make us competetive again.

Passitlikescholes

You’ve got the McTominays and Rashfords and Lingards, the players that know what Man United is.

Crap! Sounds like lingard isn't going anywhere.

zenith

I really liked that press conference. He said all the right things and clearly seems to have a plan.

Not to mention, that after so many years, it's nice to see a true fan at these press conferences.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The embargoed stuff is nice.
Thing is, Ole's 'plan' always has to do with culture, knowing the club, being local/British etc. I mean Lingard is part of our plan FFS and he's rubbish. My issue with him is that he appears to lack a plan or quality when it comes to the on field stuff. Don't see enough emphasis on his tactical/systemic plan (which is what we need), whether on the pitch or in his words.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He is right when it comes to recruiting players having hunger and desire to play for us. That was one of the key ingredients of SAFs great teams. Having the likes of Schweinsteiger, AdM, Sanchez and then Hollywood diva signings like Depay, Lukaku etc who thought they made it or are untouchables is what pushed us so far behind. Then there were signings like Blind, Schneiderlin, Rojo, Darmian who were good attitude wise but couldn't cut it at this level.

I'm intrigued to see who we recruit next because all this talk of culture etc etc has only put pressure on the recruiting team to get it right finally. Hoping for a Evra/Vidic kind of January.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Thing is, Ole's 'plan' always has to do with culture, knowing the club, being local/British etc. I mean Lingard is part of our plan FFS and he's rubbish. My issue with him is that he appears to lack a plan or quality when it comes to the on field stuff. Don't see enough emphasis on his tactical/systemic plan (which is what we need), whether on the pitch or in his words.
The only time we look devoid of ideas is when we are against a parked bus and we are playing the likes of Andreas, Mata or Lingard in a key role used to break down those teams. Doesn’t matter if it’s a no 10 or AM, that player is essential to ensure you can maintain presence in attack. People will point to Fergies latter years where we never really had an attacking midfielder until Kagawa, except that we had Wayne Rooney who played that role as good as any player in world football for 8 years

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
This is spot on :lol: Confident is arrogant twat. Nice is soft cnut. Hard is thuggish piece of shit. Down to earth = stuck in the mud. Inspirational = delusional.

.....People have developed a horrible way of responding to the club having issues. Ole is smug... how does a person even end up saying something like that? It's very odd, but it's to be expected almost based on that it happened to prior managers. ....
Good question but why do you think it’s odd that we see things differently?

You and many others, rightly or wrongly, believe that this is his ideas, his words. Others are maybe more suspicious and don’t take his gospel as 100% genuine. Different perspectives gives different conclusions.

youngrell

The only time we look devoid of ideas is when we are against a parked bus and we are playing the likes of Andreas, Mata or Lingard in a key role used to break down those teams. Doesn’t matter if it’s a no 10 or AM, that player is essential to ensure you can maintain presence in attack. People will point to Fergies latter years where we never really had an attacking midfielder until Kagawa, except that we had Wayne Rooney who played that role as good as any player in world football for 8 years
Exactly. And Wayne was also backed up by creative and incisive passers such as Scholes, Giggs and Carrick. We’d kill for any one of those 4 right now.

Kostov

“The Lingards...” is he fecking serious? Talking about culture and then mentioning a guy who has been stealing a living out of this club. Hypocrisy at its finest.

The Urban Goose

You’ve got the McTominays and Rashfords and Lingards, the players that know what Man United is.

Crap! Sounds like lingard isn't going anywhere.
Lingard's a decent enough squad player; the trouble has been because he's clearly not first XI quality but has been relied on as such.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
As do I, it doesn't sound like we'll be sat twidling our thumbs in January.
I wouldn't be so sure, January is a panic time for transfers so I think we'll be waiting till the summer to do our next business

Judas

Open to offers
If he doesn't get backed in January then I'm completely baffled as to what the feck is going on. He's certainly talking like he expect to be able to spend, which we bloody need, so I hope its true.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If the club is determined to buy just 3 players a year then Ole has no choice but to work with the Lingards and the Joneses.

LARulz

It's just quotes though, Jose had good quotes and so did LVG. It's when it comes to actual action we seem to be lacking. 1 good game in 5 is not enough

Passitlikescholes

Lingard's a decent enough squad player; the trouble has been because he's clearly not first XI quality but has been relied on as such.
I completely disagree.

What lingard brings to the field we can easily upgrade, with any other player from probably 15 other PL clubs, who can do what lingard does and more.

As a squad player, he's a clear drop in class in what we would need from a squad player while still competing for the titles.

And as a sub he brings absolutely nothing to break down a tight, defensive team.

He's not a squad player. Lingard is simply a starting player, you either start him so he can run around a lot or you don't bring him on at all because he offers absolutely nothing as a sub that the team shouldn't already have on the field.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The only time ? Fluency in attack, possesion retention that moves the ball forward, passing in between the lines, dealing with the press, playing like a proper front foot football team is exactly what we've lacked these last 6 years. Other than results and trophies this is his most important team. Doing well on the counter or in games where there's space, and relying on individual pace and brilliance, is IMO not really something that needed fixing in the first place.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I wouldn't be so sure, January is a panic time for transfers so I think we'll be waiting till the summer to do our next business
I disagree, the way he openly commented on depth he and the club must know he's on borrowed time if he can't get some back ups. I think we'll be alright with signings because currently our priority won't be top shelf players, like you said summer is the best time for them, just some good quality additions who can play a role when fatigue/injuries begin building up.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The only time ? Fluency in attack, possesion retention that moves the ball forward, passing in between the lines, dealing with the press, playing like a proper front foot football team is exactly what we've lacked these last 6 years. Other than results and trophies this is his most important team. Doing well on the counter or in games where there's space, and relying on individual pace and brilliance, is IMO not really something that needed fixing in the first place.
This is it. We need to take the next step with our passing as a collective, and for me, that requires a complete reconstruction of the midfield.

Thiagoal

All of those things mentioned above are improving under Ole! For the first time since SAF left we’re going after teams and on the front foot in games, pressing and attacking! There’s plenty that needs working on but I’m happy with the progress

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Good question but why do you think it’s odd that we see things differently?

You and many others, rightly or wrongly, believe that this is his ideas, his words. Others are maybe more suspicious and don’t take his gospel as 100% genuine. Different perspectives gives different conclusions.
What exactly are you suspicious of though? I don't even think you know at this point, if you read him as being smug. I don't get it. How is speculating in him being dishonest relevant to anything of our concern is what I don't get. We had multiple level of criticism of the other coaches for not fitting in, but if it's one thing you can't fault Ole on is having the right idea and knowing the club, even if he couldn't make his ideas translate into good performances and a good plan.