Solskjær press conference vs dippers (A)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
No pics of him driving in this morning. Who does this PE teacher actually think he is? Either he took a different route which proves he isn't humble enough for the job. Or he arrived after the photographers had stood there all morning which proves he is lazy and isn't taking the job seriously. Enough is seriously enough.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
That's what would make it likely to get trashed.
You could be right but teams that have taken the game to them have come out with more credibility without being trashed.

Or we can just sit back,praying for a breakaway. That way we can be treated to a wonderful and inspiring rearguard action, watching the scouse bastards dominate possession

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
You could be right but teams that have taken the game to them have come out with more credibility without being trashed.

Or we can just sit back,praying for a breakaway. That way we can be treated to a wonderful and inspiring rearguard action, watching the scouse bastards dominate possession
We have been dominated at Anfield before and got a result, so it can happen, not too sure it will though.

DomesticTadpole

10:01KEY EVENT
Rashford injury updte
I can’t tell you now, as I said with Harry a few weeks ago, of course we’re gonna give him the absolute amount of time to find out, we’ll do some more checks and treatment with him today, yesterday was a recovery day, I’m not gonna hold my breath I would probably think he wouldn’t be ready but let’s see. 48 hours, so let’s see.

DomesticTadpole

10:02
Liverpool preview
We need a very, very good performance to go there and win but we beat City last month, had the PSG game, need to get to the level of those performances when you go away to the team that’s top of the league.
The last two performances at Old Trafford we have drawn twice and been close to winning both games, so we’ve got some games to look back at and that will give us loads of belief and on the game if we perform to our best we have a chance to win.

DomesticTadpole

10:03KEY EVENT
Fernandes transfer update
I can’t tell you about any players that play for other teams, no. We’re focusing on this team at the moment.

DomesticTadpole

10:03
Ashley Young latest
To be fair, I think it was for Ashley, he’s 35 in the summer and if he gets a two year contract somewhere I think it’s up to him to take that, we were ready to offer that, he’s been a good servant, captain, won trophies, league cups, but we’ve got players coming through and when Ashley’s head and mindset was on so why not now.

DomesticTadpole

10:04KEY EVENT
Maguire is new United captain
Harry is wearing the captain’s armband and will keep wearing it, he’s been a leader in the group, I’ve been, not surprised, but impressed by his leadership skills, so he will continue wearing the armband.
He’s come in and everything about him tells me he’s a leader. He’s part of a group that we’ve had that have been leading this young group, Ashley has been, David, Marcus, Harry, so Harry will keep on wearing the armband.

DomesticTadpole

10:05
Intimidating Anfield crowd
I’ve had both wins and defeats there at Anfield as a player so you’ve gotta look forward to these games, it’s a great challenge for our players to play against the leaders of the league.
We’ve done well the last couple of times but away at Anfield is another matter. You can make sure you enjoy it but it can also be an intimidating place, but gotta prepare as well as we can some young p;layers playing at Anfield for the first time..

DomesticTadpole

10:06
Brandon Williams discipline concern?
Does it look like I need to speak to him, I think he’s been absolutely outstanding, every challenge he’s put in front of him he’s tackled head on. He’s only 19 he’s played 10 or 11 starts, but he reminds me so much of the mentality of Gary Neville and I think he’ll enjoy going to Anfield, to put it that way.

DomesticTadpole

10:07
Safety fears for Anfield?
No safety fears, no, but of course they wanna try to intimidate us but as long as it’s within the boundaries, I’ve been sat in a coach or bus going to Europe or Anfield and whatever they shout and scream that’s just part and parcel of these games.
10:06

el3mel

Don't really like Maguire as a captain and I see nothing in him that points to him being a leader but at the same time there are no other choices unfortunately. De Gea would have been a terrible captain and there are no more senior players left in the squad after the stupid mass selling without replacing. Hardly a choice for us I guess.

DomesticTadpole

10:08
Who do you think are the best team in the league?
The proof is in the league table, Liverpool have been best team in the league but when City out play you, they’re two different teams, two good teams they’ve shown over the years, Man City gives you a different challenge to what Liverpool does, two very different ways of playing football.

el3mel

Did Ole seriously say we were ready to offer Young a 2 year deal?
Well we did offered him a contract extension when Inter came and he was the one who rejected it. However Ole supporters he is the one who is getting rid of the deadwood though, regardless of the situation.

jackal&hyde

No, you are right, i was mostly joking. We got results against them and city in the league by going after them in the first half until the inevitable difference of quality swings the game and possession in their favor; just need to score a couple before that and hope the defense holds in the second half. The funny thing is i think United of today would smash Klopp's Liverpool in his first year and maybe second; our attack would destroy their defense.

DomesticTadpole

10:09
Any chance United could go as long as Liverpool without a title?
That’s what we’re working hard to make sure doesn’t happen and let that be a lesson for us and let that be a lesson to us. We can’t let ourselves go another 24 years without winning the league. I believe in this club, we will get there.

DomesticTadpole

10:10
Will you sign a replacement for Young?
Timothy is coming back as well, he’s a right back and played for Holland as a right back aged 19, we want him back, Diogo is back fit but the full back position we’re quite ok.

DomesticTadpole

10:10
Klopp says United 'only defend'
I don’t think it’s an accusation, take it as a compliment we’ve defended so well, when the opposition manager is frustrated that’s a good sign our boys have done well, I think we’ve been closest to winning both games so I don’t know what the problem has been.

meamth

10:09
Any chance United could go as long as Liverpool without a title?
That’s what we’re working hard to make sure doesn’t happen and let that be a lesson for us and let that be a lesson to us. We can’t let ourselves go another 24 years without winning the league. I believe in this club, we will get there.
Okay can we go to RAWK now? I wonder what's the reaction there...

DomesticTadpole

10:11
United front three have out scored Liverpool's
The front three they’ve got have been playing together for ages, seasons now, and you can see the rotation movements, understanding and we hope our front three will get that understanding. I think I’ve only started them together once in Premier League, so we’ve got a way to go to get the understanding but they scored four goals in that game.
So I believe in ours, gonna add to them, definitely, but in years coming we’ll see lots of them. Liverpool have scored more goals than us outside the front three so not gonna say ours are better or theirs are better. Sunday will be a game by itself.

DomesticTadpole

10:12
Long-term future of striking options
We can see them three, got them on long contracts, and can see them three developing into a very exciting front three.
I was here with Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney that’s what we want as supporters and manager, express yourselves, put the fear to their defenders, but we’ve got Daniel James here as well so I am very excited for it.

Ban

Don't really like Maguire as a captain and I see nothing in him that points to him being a leader but at the same time there are no other choices unfortunately. De Gea would have been a terrible captain and there are no more senior players left in the squad after the stupid mass selling without replacing. Hardly a choice for us I guess.
There's more to being a leader and a captain than what you see on the pitch.

el3mel

There's more to being a leader and a captain than what you see on the pitch.
Maybe. I'm not against giving him the armband currently anyway, as there are no more options available. Not like we have Keane or Evra around. Though maybe whenever we invest more in the squad and get more senior players, we might then revise such decision.