Solskjær press conference vs Fulham (A)

Grande

Agreed, but let’s be honest anything less than 3 points to Utd would be considered a big shock.
Don’t know if I’m nitpicking, I don’t think anyone disagrees United are odds on favourites, but ... if Team A draws against team B, C and D and almost against team E, and team B, C, D and E is roughly the same level as team F, it would take a pretty stupid person to get shocked by team A drawing with team F.

Wilt

Don’t know if I’m nitpicking, I don’t think anyone disagrees United are odds on favourites, but ... if Team A draws against team B, C and D and almost against team E, and team B, C, D and E is roughly the same level as team F, it would take a pretty stupid person to get shocked by team A drawing with team F.
You lost me after B,C,D :lol:

But I think I get you mean :)

0le

Now I know my ABCs. :D

Robbie Boy

Agreed, but let’s be honest anything less than 3 points to Utd would be considered a big shock.
They also beat Leicester and drew with Liverpool and Spurs. It'll be a tough game. We should nick it but I expect a tight scrappy game like agsinst Burnley.

Himannv

:lol: I had to read this twice, but I got there eventually.

city-puma

I got lost completely and start feeling you are talking NYC’s subway lines;)

city-puma

They have great team spirit and belief. They have creative and skillful players in attack. They have high work rate and keep the shape well. They have fast transition from defensive to offensive.
But, I just feel our style and players will overcome them. I would like start McFred with Rashford-Martial-Greenwood as front three. Bruno will do well again in game like this.

Bondi77

Instead of ending with F my reply was going to start with F but I thought better of it.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
We've reached the point of confidence where I expect us to get a result against anyone. And especially teams in the lower part of the league.

Anything than a win here would be a surprise.

Win or draw against Fulham and we equal the club record for success away Premier League games without a loss at 17. We have not lost away in the league in a full calendar year.

UDontMessWith24

Do we really need to bring up the Chelsea result? It’s the failure to beat the bottom teams that got us in trouble last season last season too

Idxomer

They have great team spirit and belief. They have creative and skillful players in attack. They have high work rate and keep the shape well. They have fast transition from defensive to offensive.
But, I just feel our style and players will overcome them. I would like start McFred with Rashford-Martial-Greenwood as front three. Bruno will do well again in game like this.
It will be Matic and Pogba most likely.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
But he doesn’t play very well this season, unfortunately.
Perhaps, but he hasn't exactly been given a fair chance to play himself into form. Rashford and Martial haven't been anywhere near their best either, but they've been constants in the starting lineup all the same.

I think Greenwood is still in Ole's bad books over the incident during the summer lockdown, but who knows.

youngrell

Perhaps, but he hasn't exactly been given a fair chance to play himself into form. Rashford and Martial haven't been anywhere near their best either, but they've been constants in the starting lineup all the same.

I think Greenwood is still in Ole's bad books over the incident during the summer lockdown, but who knows.
Mason's problem is that he's not involved enough throughout games yet. He drifts in and out of matches with small flashes of what he's capable of and needs to try to demand the ball a bit more. So if he's not firing on all cylinders in front of goal, he offers a fair bit less than the other two (even when they are in poor form).

He has it in him to build the play up well, his touches are generally very good, he just doesn't have enough of them to effect the game as much as he could.

Olecurls99

Spot on. This front 6 with a high press high intensity game playing front foot football is what we need. Let's turn up the heat tonight.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
AWB - Bailly - Maguire - Telles
Matic - van de Beek
Pogba
Greenwood Cavani Martial
With big game coming, we need to make a lot of changes in starting XI.

romufc

Matic - van de Beek
Pogba
Greenwood Cavani Martial
Not sure why people are dropping Bruno & Rashford from the team? Looks like a few people saying he gives away the ball too much / he is tired is getting to the fans.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Not sure why people are dropping Bruno & Rashford from the team? Looks like a few people saying he gives away the ball too much / he is tired is getting to the fans.
100%, tonight is not the game you drop your best players. Must win.

RUCK4444

We shouldn't be dropping any of our best, starting 11, players in ANY of the league games unless absolutely necessary.

The way other teams are picking up points at the top now means that all the hard work we've put in to get to this position could be lost in a matter of a few games.

Fulham are hard to breakdown, Bruno should be the first name on the team sheet for that reason alone.

romufc

Which is why I don't get dropping Bruno?

Just because fans are so negative towards Bruno and Rashford after the Liverpool game, they should be dropped? It makes no sense to me.

No game is going to be a walkover... play your best team, if VDB and the rest are as good as people think, there should be no issue with them playing against Liverpool in the cup.

I would like to see Ole make changes in the cup than the PL.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I don't see what Bruno gives us on current form that Pogba doesn't in more advanced position. Do why not use this game to rest Bruno?

I don't mind Rashford, just want to see more of Greenwood because both Marcus and Anthony are a bit useless these days.

RUCK4444

I'd setup similar to how we did against Burnley. Pogba and Matic in a midfield two with Bruno ahead of them.

Full strength team with Cavani down the middle, Rashford and Greenwood on the wings. Cannot take our foot off the gas here.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Which is why I don't get dropping Bruno?

Just because fans are so negative towards Bruno and Rashford after the Liverpool game, they should be dropped? It makes no sense to me.

No game is going to be a walkover... play your best team, if VDB and the rest are as good as people think, there should be no issue with them playing against Liverpool in the cup.

I would like to see Ole make changes in the cup than the PL.
Completely agree.

romufc

I don't see what Bruno gives us on current form that Pogba doesn't in more advanced position. Do why not use this game to rest Bruno?

I don't mind Rashford, just want to see more of Greenwood because both Marcus and Anthony are a bit useless these days.

Bruno 7 assists Pogba 0
Bruno chances created 54 Pogba 11
Bruno 11 goals Pogba 2

Okay he doesnt pass well?

Passing in opp half Bruno 73.6% Pogba 76.4%

So Anthony and Marcus are useless but you start Martial?

Greenwood chances created 5 Rashford 21
Assists 5 v 0
Goals 7 v 1

city-puma

if starting matic, it is about the coaching team wants us control the game in tempo and possession. It also makes sense but I feel less optimal considering we will lose certain degree of dynamic and unpredictable.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Bruno 7 assists Pogba 0
Bruno chances created 54 Pogba 11
Bruno 11 goals Pogba 2

Okay he doesnt pass well?

Passing in opp half Bruno 73.6% Pogba 76.4%

So Anthony and Marcus are useless but you start Martial?

Greenwood chances created 5 Rashford 21
Assists 5 v 0
Goals 7 v 1
You are really fired up mate :lol:
You missed my point that I wanted Bruno and Rashford rested for Sunday. No contest between Bruno and Pogba, but I don't think we NEED to play both this game. I think we can do Fulham with Greenwood, Martial and Cavani up front with Pogba behind, don't you think? Or would you play first XI at all cost?

romufc

You are really fired up mate :lol:
You missed my point that I wanted Bruno and Rashford rested for Sunday. No contest between Bruno and Pogba, but I don't think we NEED to play both this game. I think we can do Fulham with Greenwood, Martial and Cavani up front with Pogba behind, don't you think? Or would you play first XI at all cost?
Haha, tbh its because I have seen way too many negative comments after a few poor games.

I would like to see Bruno and Rashford rotated for the Liverpool game instead, its a game where I think Ole can somewhat experiment with Donny, Bailly and the like whilst still keeping our team relatively strong.

I think we can do Fulham with that but given the current form of all our strikers, we need as much creativity as possible. I wouldn't mind Martial being dropped because he has had a couple of niggles and give Greenwood a chance on the right. I would 100% play Pogba, Bruno, Rashford, Cavani though.

GledTheRed

Matic - van de Beek
Pogba
Greenwood Cavani Martial
Screw that tonight is must win, rest players for the cup game with Lollerpool.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I like the idea of it on paper but we don’t seem to score with out Bruno, we need him to play every game, his rest time can be when he’s subbed off or on.

It’s why we really need another creative player more than anything else like Grealish but I suppose I could settle for Maddison.
We don't need another 10. We need a bonafide starting A class right winger. No ifs buts or maybes

dal

We don't need another 10. We need a bonafide starting A class right winger. No ifs buts or maybes
I’ll back track on the Maddison comment, we don’t need him, morning fag made me delirious.

With regards to the starting A class right winger I’d have to disagree there. I think we need creativity and a ball carrier over a starting A class right winger.

Hence why if we it’s a pick over Grealish and Sancho I’d go for Grealish.

I’m assuming you would go for Sancho then who fits your description?

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I’ll back track on the Maddison comment, we don’t need him, morning fag made me delirious.

With regards to the starting A class right winger I’d have to disagree there. I think we need creativity and a ball carrier over a starting A class right winger.

Hence why if we it’s a pick over Grealish and Sancho I’d go for Grealish.

I’m assuming you would go for Sancho then who fits your description?
Not quite. Not just Sancho. We have literally had a right flank problem for years. A problem that can only be solved one of 2 ways:

Having an attacking player naturally comfortable on the right
Having a starting right back as good as a dani alves or Alexander-Arnold in attack.

To me since we have settled on AWB as our long term right back. It has to be i front of him

I love grealish. But I don't believe he'd be confortable oh the right flank and we don't need any more central and left leaning players who are just doing a jpb down the right, unless we are selling.

Thus for me a top right sided attacking player must be a priority. It's the final piece of attacking balance we sorely lack. Be it a pure winger like Sancho. Or a wide play maker like an Ericksen. Or a wide right side striker. Unless a Rashford by some miracle finally gets over the mental block that makes a right footer with the crossing, running and dribbling skill he has unable to operate at a consistent high level down the right. We won't be having room for a grealish.