Solskjær press conference vs LASK (A)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Presser is later today after they fly out to Austria. Meanwhile here's some footage from the open training session.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Martial might miss the training due to that gash he got himself against City and might not even fly, Pogba might still not be ready to train this week while Dalot and Lingard might not be fit.

Or it could be what Ole has been doing the past few weeks where supposedly injured players don't show up for training nor even at the hotel the night prior to the game but show up in the morning and play the game later, cases in point Martial and Maguire.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Martial might miss the training due to that gash he got himself against City and might not even fly, Pogba might still not be ready to train this week while Dalot and Lingard might not be fit.

Or it could be what Ole has been doing the past few weeks where supposedly injured players don't show up for training nor even at the hotel the night prior to the game but show up in the morning and play the game later, cases in point Martial and Maguire.
Dalot apparently turned up for training and then went home not long after.

11:48KEY EVENT
United training squad for LASK game
Anthony Martial was not involved in Manchester United’s open training session on Wednesday ahead of Thursday’s Europa League trip to Austria.
The Frenchman was one of six players who did not take part in training at Carrington, with long-term absentees Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford not involved and Diogo Dalot, Jesse Lingard and James Garner also unaccounted for.
Dalot was photographed arriving at Carrington at 9.44am but left at 10am and did not return to take part in the open section of the session.
Kieran O’Hara, the 23-year-old goalkeeper, was also involved in the session. He is spending the season on loan at Burton Albion.
Here’s the full squad

SATA

I had high hopes on Pogba making it for tomorrow. Looks like he won’t :mad:

If Dalot is injured again, it’s really worrisome for his future and development here. He plays in one game and then does not feature in the next ten

Pavl3n

I had high hopes of Dalot since Jose hyped him up as the best young Portuguese RB. But he hasn't shown anything to warrant that sstatus.
The yellow card Shaw got during the Derby game resulted from Dalot's poor defending.
I think we might need to address that position, because we're one injury away from being left with no quality options. I'm not sure if Williams could cover there, but Dalot's quite shaky.

sp_107

It looks much better than olden days of open ground without Trees or boards around to stop the heavy wind.

Samid

United issue statement on coronavirus
“Manchester United is closely monitoring the evolving situation with coronavirus (COVID-19) on a day-by-day basis, and following any guidance issued by our governing bodies and the UK government.

“Based on that guidance, all home matches are currently scheduled to go ahead as planned and any change in the situation would be communicated to fans as soon as possible.

“Old Trafford currently remains open to fans for matches, as well as for visitors to our Museum, Megastore and the Red Café. Our Stadium Tours are going ahead as normal except for the changing rooms, which are closed to visitors until further notice as a precautionary measure.

“We urge people planning visits to Old Trafford to familiarise themselves with the latest UK government advice on coronavirus, particularly in relation to people who have recently visited high-risk areas or come into contact with people who have. We also remind visitors of the importance of following routine health and hygiene guidelines, such as regular hand washing and covering the mouth and nose when sneezing and coughing.

“In response to guidance from The Premier League, we are taking a series of precautions to reduce the risk of infection and disruption to the fixture calendar. These include measures to reinforce hygiene procedures across the club, and additional limits on access to our Aon Training Complex, where visitors will be asked to complete questionnaires about their recent travel and potential exposure to coronavirus.

“As with some other clubs, we have also reluctantly guided players and coaching staff to avoid signing autographs, posing for selfies and shaking hands with fans as a precaution and we thank supporters for their understanding while these measures are in place.

“We will continue to issue updates as the situation develops. Thank you for your continued support.”

rotherham_red

I had high hopes of Dalot since Jose hyped him up as the best young Portuguese RB. But he hasn't shown anything to warrant that sstatus.
The yellow card Shaw got during the Derby game resulted from Dalot's poor defending.
I think we might need to address that position, because we're one injury away from being left with no quality options. I'm not sure if Williams could cover there, but Dalot's quite shaky.
Two words: Ethan. Laird. Though he's also had his fair share of injury issues...

Pavl3n

Two words: Ethan. Laird. Though he's also had his fair share of injury issues...
Yes, you're right, but I'm not sure that we could call on him yet.
If he keeps up his progress, then he'll get a few chances next season and then the season after he will be in contention (at least that's how I foresee it).
Certainly hope I'm proven wrong.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Is this anywhere live?

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Guten Abend und wilkomen

q: your feeling about circumstances, empty stadion.
a: you get used to it, you adopt, they are training, focuses, prepering for tomorrow.

Samid

Solskjaer on the strange circumstance of fixture
The players are focused on concentrating on the job, thees are difficult circumstances for all of society. For us we just have to do what we are told and get on with the game.

Samid

Atmosphere affected by circumstances
We will have to create our own atmosphere within the game. They are used to training with no spectators, we play quite a lot of behind closed door friendlies, and I have no doubt my players are ready to perform even if there are no spectators there.

Samid

More from Solskjaer on the lack of fans
Of course it will be strange. This makes for a stranger atmosphere, we are just going to make the most of it.

Samid

Solskjaer on fears Europa League could end early because of coronavirus
We don’t know what is going to happen, we just have to get on with it. I think football is about fans, without fans it is nothing. It should always be for them. A difficult situation but the boys are very good at focusing on the job in hand.

Samid

Solskjaer asked if players have been tested for coronavirus
No we haven’t had any tests. That will be the experts and our doctor, but we have had no reason to so far.

Samid

Solskjaer understands if football is postponed for coronavirus
I would understand, yes. It is up to the experts to decide, and the main concern must be the health of the general public.

Samid

McTominay not phased by odd atmosphere
Obviously when you are growing up and play U18s and Reserve games you are used to playing in front of lesser crowds. it will be strange, but we will keep doing what we have been doing. It is a real shame fans from both sides can’t come.

Samid

These journos need to mix up the questions a bit
This one's for you:

McTominay asked about season possibly ending early and preventing Liverpool from winning league
Obviously, that is a difficult question to answer. For us, we are only concentrated on ourselves and forgetting about other teams. We have to be ready and hopefully this virus won’t affect us too much.

Samid

McTominay on whether City win can transform season
Big games can always change a season. I feel you are starting to see that with the confidence, and desire to win. Long may it continue.

Samid

Solskjaer on possibility of fans not being allowed into Old Trafford
At the moment I am not aware of any decision being made for next week’s game. We have to wait for the authorities and the government to make their decisions.

Samid

Solskjaer asked for a picture
A very nervous local ‘reporter’ has just Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for a photo. The United manager obliges.

Samid

Martial and Pogba injury update
Anthony hurt himself when he slid into the post, so he is not ready for this game. Hopefully for Sunday, but not sure.

Paul is getting closer, but not ready yet he hasn’t trained with the team yet but by next week he will be ready.

Samid

McTominay asked about new United culture under Bruno Fernandes
With Bruno you see he comes in and he is a born winner, you see that in training as well. It is what we need as a team, we need that spark from someone. He has been a breathe of fresh air, and that is what this football club needs. We need that personality on the pitch, and he has that in abundance. He is a real credit.

Samid

Solskjaer asked about Gomes future
With Tahith we are very happy he sees his future here. We will give him the time he needs to develop, that is the same with Angel. We hope we can convince him he is a Man United player.

Samid

McTominay on competition between himself and Matic
Competition for places is so important. It can only breed a healthy environment and for myself you want to be one of the first on the team sheet. Nemanja is a great player and I can learn a lot from him.

izec

Solskjaer asked about Gomes future
With Tahith we are very happy he sees his future here. We will give him the time he needs to develop, that is the same with Angel. We hope we can convince him he is a Man United player.
Finally someone asking about Gomes.

Samid

Solskjaer asked if he's ever played behind closed doors
I played in Norway, so! Yes I did. i played for my local team until I was 22, so probably Scott’s age before I played in front of crowds.