Solskjær press conference vs LASK (H)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Solskjaer wants to win a trophy
“Four games away from winning a trophy. The team has developed all through the season, delighted with finishing third but next step is winning a trophy.”

Samid

Lingard shares trophy ambition
“It is nice to finish third, but it would be even better to lift a trophy at the end of the season.”

Samid

Lingard looking to build upon Leicester goal
“Not had the best of seasons, and after lockdown I wanted to impress the manager. The hard work paid off (vs Leicester) and a goal gives you confidence. I am looking forward to playing in the next game.”

Samid

Solskjaer tempted to rest key players for rest of season?
“The players want to play, they don’t want a break. It is not easy to say ‘no, you’re resting.’ I hope the players need to win like I do. For me we go into the tournament with players wanting to win, and we won’t be giving them a break.”

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Lingard in the presser. That's a nice touch regardless of whether he's on his way or staying in a small squad role next year.

Samid

Lingard looking to impress Solskjaer
“Every game, every minute I play, I have got to try and impress and do as much as I can to help the team and impress the manager. It is the perfect way now to get a run in the tournament.”

Samid

Tuanzebe and Shaw injury latest
“Axel started getting niggles and had to have an operation in his foot. He’ll be back early September. Same with Luke, should be ready for when the [2020-21] league season starts.

Nick7

Solskjaer wants to win a trophy
“Four games away from winning a trophy. The team has developed all through the season, delighted with finishing third but next step is winning a trophy.”
isn't it 6 games?

Samid

Lingard to start vs LASK
“Jesse will be starting tomorrow, but the team won’t be too different from LASK in March.”

Samid

United plans for Europa League knockout tournament in Germany
“There has been a discussion to how tournament pans out. At the moment we are staying, so we will be staying in Germany.”

AshRK

United plans for Europa League knockout tournament in Germany
“There has been a discussion to how tournament pans out. At the moment we are staying, so we will be staying in Germany.”
This actually is a nice thing. No traveling and they can have a proper training.

Samid

No transfer update amid Sancho interest
“This transfer window is a long one. Every transfer takes its course. It is what it is, so if there is any news we will update you.”

Samid

How has style changed under Solskjaer?
“Different managers have different ways of playing. Man United has always been attacking style we love to attack, to press a ball. The boss has brought that to the team. We like playing quick and scoring goals.” - Lingz

Samid

How has style changed under Solskjaer?
“There is no right or wrong way to coach. For me I have been here for 11 years as player and four as a coach, I have been influenced by those years. We are working on pressing high, on counter-attack.” - Ole

Samid

Lingard's scoring slump
“I have always scored goals, U18s, reserves. it is about setting goals for me personally throughout the season. each game is different. It is down to you as an individual. I have been doing a lot of training with coaches, but I am sure it will come.” - Lingz

Samid

Lingard's scoring slump
“The more goals he he has scored in training, I have seen his confidence grow. Jesse always stays back with the coaches, so that will come. No worries.” - Ole

Samid

Chris Smalling update
“I think Chris has shown how valuable he is for Man United and this season was about being a regular, proving how good a centre-back he is. I wanted to give Harry, Vic and Axel a chance so we find out Roma was best for him. He has shown this season he will be valuable. I have been speaking to him throughout and have been delighted with his season.”

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Lingard's scoring slump
“The more goals he he has scored in training, I have seen his confidence grow. Jesse always stays back with the coaches, so that will come. No worries.” - Ole
Conceding so many of Lingard's goals in training might be what's drained de Gea of his confidence.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Ole is just talking him up.
As someone pointed out in another thread earlier today, Ole - thankfully - isn't showing his hand every chance he gets. He's actually a bit clever like that.

People had meltdowns when he praised Sanchez around this time last year - days later, Sanchez was off to Italy.

EwanI Ted

Smalling ain't coming back. Ole is just talking him up.

He did the same with Sanchez.
Indeed, he's good at sounding positive while confirming nothing. Probably means we can't find a buyer but we're trying to flog him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
As someone pointed out in another thread earlier today, Ole - thankfully - isn't showing his hand every chance he gets. He's actually a bit clever like that.

People had meltdowns when he praised Sanchez around this time last year - days later, Sanchez was off to Italy.
Exactly. I don't know why people take Ole at face value when he says that kind of thing. He's hardly gonna say so and so player is utter dross. He's not Mourinho.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Indeed, he's good at sounding positive while confirming nothing. Probably means we can't find a buyer but we're trying to flog him.
He was non committal too, he only said that he was happy with his performance when he was on loan.

Havak

Pokemon master
Jeese's contract ends June 2021. We have the option for a further year which we will activate by January most likely. He is reportedly on £100,000-a-week which I can't see any other side in the world matching even if they did want to sign him. Jesse will run down this year on his contract to pocket that good salary in my opinion and you can't really blame him, can you? I expect that we will sell him next Summer if possible or he may even run down that year again so he can move on a free and get a signing on fee wherever he goes to compensate being on less wages.

For these reasons, I think he is the player most likely to stay out of the so-called deadwood or at least the players most of us expect to be on the market from our squad.