Solskjær press conference vs Leicester (A)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Leicester preview
“We’re looking forward to the game, given ourselves a good chance of Champions League next year but we can’t go in thinking about the outcome, we’ve just got to perform at a high enough level and get result. We want to dominate game, wanted to get this position to go to Leicester and beat them we want to go there and try and win the game.”

Samid

Third-place up for grabs
“One lapse of concentration can hurt you, we’re gonna go into it with a strong frame of mind we have one more game this season, this is a journey for this team, this is one extra step on the journey for this team. We’ve come a long way mentally, shown more robustness, resilience, lost the first goal in games, we’ve also shown the heights when everything’s flowing, I’m delighted with how the development looks.”

Samid

Early team news
“When you play football games and you win, you get good results it’s enjoyable and build momentum and going, then you find one or two bumps along the way, not gonna go in one straight linear trajectory and for us we’ve reacted well to some games being 1-0 down in the last three at home and come back and got results in all of them, we’ve enjoyed away games, we didn’t enjoy losing against Chelsea, but we got a result against West Ham and are third, it’s fantastic to see we’re growing as a team. Axel (Tuanzebe) and Phil (Jones) are out but the others I’ll give time to prove their fitness.”

Samid

Squad confidence after last two results
“I think confidence levels has to be high, because we’ve given ourselves a great chance going into last game, when the last game of the season is in front of you you expect any players to have bruises, aches tiredness, even though this season has been different it’s been a draining one for everyone.

We’ve got enough energy for 90 minutes, there’ll be injury time as well we’ve got enough time but having been so far behind with the restart we had to go for it, go for goals, go for points and it’s been a great effort by everyone to get into this position with one game to go.”

Samid

Is third maximum for this group of players?
“Let’s get this game out of the way and get the third position and continue the growth and journey this team is on. We’ve had some hard times this season, some setbacks, we’ve shown this is a team going places and if we can finish the season with a trophy in Europe and third.”

Samid

How is lack of fans affecting United?
“I think the players have got used toit, this is the situation now and we’ve gotta get on with it, fans would have made a different home and away, football without fans is....... how do you say? It’s not the same. It’s just part of football, we should be with fans, passion enthusiasm, maybe we needed to go extra mile against West Ham against Southampton, or go for more goals Sheffield United, Bournemouth. I think it would’ve made the difference, our fans are the best and Old Trafford no better place to be chasing goals but we’ll get there again and prove in the next 90 mins they’ve got something to look forward to I think we’ve done that.”

Samid

Post-season break plans
“We’ll give some time off, they need mental and physical time away from the place, effort has been fantastic recharge batteries for a few days then go again.

We’ve got LASK 5-0 lead so don’t have to go in that game chasing normally as you would two or three goal win. A few days off definitely.”

Samid

Toughest test so far? (aka first real test)
“We’ve not ended up anywhere yet, one more game to show we’ve become a better team and if we get a result against Leicester, this journey has been a good one but this is not the end of the journey, days to breathe and relax, go again, go to the next one, there are two teams too far ahead of us. We have to step it up even more.”

Samid

Biggest change since defeat to Burnley in January?
“Many many factors, many reasons, belief, if you look at that game against Burnley we should have won that one, that’s football and the Premier League. The belief, confidence, change of atmosphere, Bruno coming in has made a massive difference.

We’ve got our best players fit and raring to go, it’s been many different reasons for the upturn but it’s been down to the work, step by step believe and the boys have worked really hard, the fitness levels, the mental robustness is so much better than last season.”

Havak

Pokemon master
Hoping Luke makes it, not driving himself still is a bit of a worry though considering the game is on Sunday. I was hoping he'd be training today then ice it up tomorrow / take an injection before the game potentially if that would allow him to play well enough. I think even at 80% he'd be better than our other options right now. I like Williams but I don't think you can say he is in a good run of form by any stretch.

Siorac

How on earth does Eric Bailly “prove his fitness” from a head injury?
Can he follow a finger with his eyes etc.

Or we just ask a West Ham player to blast a shot at him and see if he puts his hands up.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
If he's not even driving there's no chance he will be fit to play.

Better to save him for the Europa league, no point risking it to set him back even further.

:lol: I thought it was his girlfriend! damn...
Maybe, we'll find out soon enough.

I thought it was Billie Piper, who was also Luke Shaw's mum and girlfriend? I dunno, I didn't bother doing the math.

Siorac

If he's not even driving there's no chance he will be fit to play.

Better to save him for the Europa league, no point risking it to set him back even further.

:lol: I thought it was his girlfriend! damn...
I'm fairly certain it IS his girlfriend.

Ole90+3

Early team news
“When you play football games and you win, you get good results it’s enjoyable and build momentum and going, then you find one or two bumps along the way, not gonna go in one straight linear trajectory and for us we’ve reacted well to some games being 1-0 down in the last three at home and come back and got results in all of them, we’ve enjoyed away games, we didn’t enjoy losing against Chelsea, but we got a result against West Ham and are third, it’s fantastic to see we’re growing as a team. Axel (Tuanzebe) and Phil (Jones) are out but the others I’ll give time to prove their fitness.”
Shit, a draw at home to West ham is now seen as getting a result. That's grim.

Glorio

Luke Shaw is dropped off by his mother
This pic is a good few days old. MEN have caught a pic of Shaw driving himself to training yesterday, also he arrived at the same time as other players which suggests he took part in training

Scholesgoals

God this reminds me how young he is still...

His dad looks about my age. I am not old enough to be luke shaws dad though

DRM

Not that I'm even remotely surprised...but how the feck did Phil Jones get injured again and when??? He's hardly played this season and we've had 3 months off.