Solskjær press conference vs Leicester

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Be interesting if Ole learns and plays Greenwood ahead of Pereira this time.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
No, but he wasn't quick enough off the mark at signing a replacement.

Going in for Dybala and then pulling out of Dybala, it's not a structured transfer strategy is it? "oh well have a pop for this no 10 because he's on the market but if we don't get him, we don't need a no 10".

It's not good enough. You either need to sign a number 10 or you don't.
We sold Lukaku on the last day. Alexis after deadline and after Martial's injury.

pascell

Paper thin squad plagued by injuries and not even a mention of Fred, one of our worst signings ever, £52m jeez.

Hoping Laird and Gomes are in the squad due to the amount of injuries we have

ants7

Just highlights what an awful summer we had. The players we let go, I don’t really care about but not bringing in any replacements was always going to be criminal and it now shows.

Just really hope these players that step in prove me and everyone else wrong but it’s very damn concerning.
That is the main reason why I was angry when Herrera was let go. There was no reason to trust the board to get in a proper replacement and they did not prove me wrong. I loved Herrera but I could have lived with letting him go IF we had bought an improvement. This, as expected, did not happen.

Winmove

Players need to step up
Well, you’ve got players who can come in with loads of experience, Juan (Mata), Nemanja (Matic) and Ash (Young) who didn’t start the first game and ave got to step up and the average age might go up.

:(
I am tired of his meaningless positivity ,how many times we need to drop points before he start throwing player under the bus and dissing the board ? Injuries are coming in and we haven't even go 3 games per week , this isn't how a big club should operate.

Jericholyte2

Am I being overly niaive in believing this is a perfect opportunity to put Chong and Gones in the starting lineup? Maybe even Garner if he doesn't trust Matic or Fred in the midfield two.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Am I being overly niaive in believing this is a perfect opportunity to put Chong and Gones in the starting lineup? Maybe even Garner if he doesn't trust Matic or Fred in the midfield two.
I am thinking the same. Plus Fred. Except Pogba, Fred is our only creative midfielder. Playing with McT and Matic would be bad thing to do

romufc

If Greenwood does not start this game, I think it is fair to say Ole is not lying to us.

If you want a player to take up responsibility and our main striker is injured, and the other two wingers in Lingard and Perreira are misfiring then what does he need to do to get in?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Should be a comfortable win. Usually when the Cafe panics this much we win at a canter.

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
No, but he wasn't quick enough off the mark at signing a replacement.

Going in for Dybala and then pulling out of Dybala, it's not a structured transfer strategy is it? "oh well have a pop for this no 10 because he's on the market but if we don't get him, we don't need a no 10".

It's not good enough. You either need to sign a number 10 or you don't.
In fairness to whoever pulled that plug, He made the right call on that transfer. Dybala was all about the money and his heart wasn't really in it according to reports. Utd really don't need players on massive wages like that.

I think they are doing it right in fairness, they are planning long term, they want the right player who they've scouted well and done all their research on. This takes time.

Woody is not the right person to be in charge though. He sucks big time at running a football club, move him back to the financial office where he's good at doing that.

Patience is needed. Let's see what happens over the next year.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Can't really put Chong in because we've got James performing really well in his position. I doubt we'll play Gomes, I'm gonna guess we'll play James - Mata - Greenwood behind Rashford. Garner won't play, I feel very sure about that. Now would be a decent chance to give Fred another go, an immobile midfield of Mata - McTominay - Matic will be slaughtered against Leicester.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Far from it, Leicester would be rubbing their hands together if we threw 3 18 year old into the line up. They'll already be looking at this as a big chance for 3 points.

hobbers

So Leicester is a total write off then, good to know in advance.

We'll be in the bottom half by the time we get round to playing another top 6 side.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Never going to happen, best you can hope for is that they make the bench, and then Ole brings them on for the last 6 minutes of the game to salvage a result when we're already 2 down

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I prefer Chong on right flank. Or Greenwood on striker and Rashford on the wing
I've seen nothing from Chong in his brief cameos to see anything special tbf. But let's see how he does if he plays. Anyone but Pereira at this stage

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If Greenwood does not start this game, I think it is fair to say Ole is not lying to us.

If you want a player to take up responsibility and our main striker is injured, and the other two wingers in Lingard and Perreira are misfiring then what does he need to do to get in?
I'm almost thinking we should go with a midfield 3 and throw in Mata to the attack. I'd rather not get the youngsters involved with the potential shit show this weekend and keep them for Thursday.

Enigma_87

You know who
No way. We aren’t playing Rochdale at home. Leicester are a good side and throwing youth from the first minute isn’t the wisest thing to do.

Matic, McT, Fred would be my guess. Or Pereira instead of Fred.

Either Greenwood most probably will be given a chance alongside James and Rashford or it will be Mata in his place.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Who've we actually got fit at full back? Do we think Tuanzebe will play at RB with Young on the left?

romufc

I'm almost thinking we should go with a midfield 3 and throw in Mata to the attack. I'd rather not get the youngsters involved with the potential shit show this weekend and keep them for Thursday.
Yes, but when you have claimed that Greenwood is ready to take the step and that was the reason another forward was not signed, what better chance to put some faith in him?

I agree with the others like Gomes, CHong and Garner that they can wait till Thursday.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Players need to step up
Well, you’ve got players who can come in with loads of experience, Juan (Mata), Nemanja (Matic) and Ash (Young) who didn’t start the first game and ave got to step up and the average age might go up.

:(
This was obviously going to happen with the squad we have.

It's why its funny watching people call the likes of Lingard, Young, Matic, etc. Dead wood on here. We are going to need these players in order to get through the season without it being an utter disaster. We are constantly 1 injury away from relying on a player 90 percent of redcafe seems to hate, and we have a lot of injury prone players.

Losing Herrera was a big blow and letting Sanchez and him leave without replacements is right up there with any other stupid thing the club has done over the last 6 years.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Yes, but when you have claimed that Greenwood is ready to take the step and that was the reason another forward was not signed, what better chance to put some faith in him?

I agree with the others like Gomes, CHong and Garner that they can wait till Thursday.
I agree and have said he should play more in the league this season. But it's the fact that he's barely played that makes me think he should be on the bench again here. Let the experienced players try to navigate this one and leave Greenwood to enjoy the game on Thursday with his mates. I'd absolutely hate it if he plays against Leicester, we lose and then he sits out the Europa game. If he can play both then fair enough, but the game on Thursday is a better one to get him up and running in all probability. Obviously he could win us the game against Leicester, which is even better, but he is more likely to struggle in this mish-mash of a team.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Injury updates
Well treatment room’s been busy and still is. So we don’t really know who’s gonna be available there’s maybe Aaron, maybe Jesse and I think maybe that’s it from the ones that pulled out but I can’t promise those two will be available either.

Leicester is always a tough game, as a team, a club wanting to push into the top four, they’ve got good players, a good manager, a proven top manager, Brendan’s teams always play with football and we’ve got to play well to get the three points.
Don't all football teams tend to do that ?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
10:18
Worst case scenario team
If all of those injury fears are realised, this could be United’s team against Leicester tomorrow.

Yes, really.

Wan-Bissaka and Lingard also doubts. Possible #mufc XI tomorrow: De Gea, Young, Lindelof, Maguire, Rojo, McTominay, Matic, Mata, James, Pereira, Rashford

— Samuel Luckhurst (@samuelluckhurst) September 13, 2019

Rajma

10:18
Worst case scenario team
If all of those injury fears are realised, this could be United’s team against Leicester tomorrow.

Yes, really.

Wan-Bissaka and Lingard also doubts. Possible #mufc XI tomorrow: De Gea, Young, Lindelof, Maguire, Rojo, McTominay, Matic, Mata, James, Pereira, Rashford

— Samuel Luckhurst (@samuelluckhurst) September 13, 2019
:lol::( Stuff of nightmares. That's what Ed has to show for spending 400+ Millions during his tenure. Incredible actually.