Solskjær press conference vs Leicester

stu_1992

Didn't realize the injury situation was so bad. Worrying ahead of a tough game tomorrow (aren't they all for us recently?). I really did think Shaw and Martial would be back so that's a disappointment. I guess there's still a chance for Wan Bissaka but it sounds unlikely. It will be interesting to see what happens with the full backs. Obviously Young will play. But what will happen at the other full back position? Rojo seems most likely at left back. Maybe Tuanzebe could be right back if they want to keep Young on the left.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
:lol::( Stuff of nightmares. That's what Ed has to show for spending 400+ Millions during his tenure. Incredible actually.
They will either show some guts or it could be as you say a nightmare. You don't always know what you will get with this lot, they might surprise us. If not then there will be a lot of finger pointing again.

fergiesarmy1

10:18
Worst case scenario team
If all of those injury fears are realised, this could be United’s team against Leicester tomorrow.

Yes, really.

Wan-Bissaka and Lingard also doubts. Possible #mufc XI tomorrow: De Gea, Young, Lindelof, Maguire, Rojo, McTominay, Matic, Mata, James, Pereira, Rashford

— Samuel Luckhurst (@samuelluckhurst) September 13, 2019
Fantastic, do ikea have a sale on tomorrow?

DomesticTadpole

Didn't realize the injury situation was so bad. Worrying ahead of a tough game tomorrow (aren't they all for us recently?). I really did think Shaw and Martial would be back so that's a disappointment. I guess there's still a chance for Wan Bissaka but it sounds unlikely. It will be interesting to see what happens with the full backs. Obviously Young will play. But what will happen at the other full back position? Rojo seems most likely at left back. Maybe Tuanzebe could be right back if they want to keep Young on the left.
Axel should be used. If not Ole is going back on his word. Problem we have is that game on Thursday.

Robbo 7

Possibly a 5-3-2?

DDG
Young - Maguire - Lindelöf - Tuanzabe - James
Matic - McT - Pereira
Mata/Greenwood - Rashford​

Zlatattack

Wow, our line up is going to be terrible.

DDG
TFM? Lindelof Maguire Young
McTominay Fred
Periera Mata James
Rashford​

If it was up to me though, i'd chuck on the young guns now.

DDG
Laird Lindelof Maguire Young
McTominay Garner Fred
Greenwood Rashford James​

They're not going to do any worse than the fringe players in the squad.

Ban

Direct is a word not used enough, it fits you very well. If there is something you need to get off your chest we are here for you.
Oh come on relax mate, just made fun of the state of this place recently.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
So in the whole of world football. Solskjær couldn’t find a midfielder or a striker besides. Longstaff and Mandzukic?
That is not his job, it is the job of the scouting team. Also ultimately it is Woodward who has hired them (some of them have been at the club for years too and not been fired)

For instance what was the rationale of keeping Marcel Bout who LVG brought to the club and making him global head of scouting when under LVG our signings were absolute trash?

Denis79

10:18
Worst case scenario team
If all of those injury fears are realised, this could be United’s team against Leicester tomorrow.

Yes, really.

Wan-Bissaka and Lingard also doubts. Possible #mufc XI tomorrow: De Gea, Young, Lindelof, Maguire, Rojo, McTominay, Matic, Mata, James, Pereira, Rashford

— Samuel Luckhurst (@samuelluckhurst) September 13, 2019
All the posters with common sense saw this coming sooner or later, even if Woodward apparently didn't. Our squad is thin in quality, let's hope we manage to have a good game, despite the injuries.

chb23

The game could open the eyes of those who are constantly criticizing Pogba, even when he's done alright.

DomesticTadpole

10:39
Experience over youth?
Solskjaer has a few experienced players who he can turn to.

Not much choice for United, but sounds like Solskjaer will opt for experience over youth in the starting line up.

Ironically think facing an attacking side like Leicester might favour them on the break, and I really wouldn't be surprised if #mufc avoid defeat tomorrow

— Rich Fay (@RichFay) September 13, 2019

Denis79

Dude you need something positive in your life, ever thought of getting a dog? ;)
He eats Dalmatians for breakfast and shits kulen. He has a right to be aggravated though, the club run like a circus. Let's hope the lads have a good game and we come out with a win.

stu_1992

Axel should be used. If not Ole is going back on his word. Problem we have is that game on Thursday.
Yeah I see a lot of people including youngsters in their line-ups and I think they will be disappointed if that's what their expecting. As you say the game on the Thursday seems like it's nailed on to be used to give youngsters a chance, so I'd be expecting all of the changes this weekend to be senior players. Also the evidence so far, despite what Ole might say, shows he's reluctant to put the young players in during Prem Games. Even those who have gotten a chance have been given very little time on the pitch.

StrettyEnder07

Tomorrow is now a big game in his tenure for me as he has various injuries and a massive decision, he can go for broke, play a midfield of Fred/McT with James Gomes Greenwood behind Rashford, which I would respect and get behind.

Or

He bottles playing the kids, giving them a chance and we start with a side looking like Matic/McT, with James Pereira Mata behind Rashford.

If he goes for the second option, in my opinion he has bottled it a bit and if we get beat, some questions need to be asked as to why these under performing past it players keep being given chances ahead of our exciting youth.

Xaviboy

We're not getting 3 points 2mo lads. State of that squad with all injuries we could be facing.

PitTon

I would try 3 at the back to hopefully have some solidity with the given injuries and gain some confidence in defending and clean sheet after the last three matches. For the rest of the team, players who do not play during international break are to be picked.

De Gea
Young-Lindelof-Harry-Rojo/Tuanzebe-James
McTommy-Andreas
Mata
Greenwood-Rashford​

red4ever 79

Can Axel play RB? If those injuries are confirmed then I would like to see

De Gea
Axel Lindelof Maguire Young
Fred McTomminay
Mata
Gomes Rashy James

Jimmy_Bond

Let's hope we have a Rashford esque situation where a youngster is forced to play and really announces themself.

Denis79

Tomorrow is now a big game in his tenure for me as he has various injuries and a massive decision, he can go for broke, play a midfield of Fred/McT with James Gomes Greenwood behind Rashford, which I would respect and get behind.

Or

He bottles playing the kids, giving them a chance and we start with a side looking like Matic/McT, with James Pereira Mata behind Rashford.

If he goes for the second option, in my opinion he has bottled it a bit and if we get beat, some questions need to be asked as to why these under performing past it players keep being given chances ahead of our exciting youth.
Almost certain he'll go with the second option. Not saying it because I don't believe in Ole but base it on his choice of substitutions in prior games.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He said we risk of falling behind due to the injuries.... no shit Sherlock, thats why you have a transfer window to build not just a starting XI but also a squad. He is hopeless

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He'll play Lingard if possible. Can't be fielding Mata and Matic in the same lineup with a slow backline to boot.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
10:39
Experience over youth?
Solskjaer has a few experienced players who he can turn to.

Not much choice for United, but sounds like Solskjaer will opt for experience over youth in the starting line up.

Ironically think facing an attacking side like Leicester might favour them on the break, and I really wouldn't be surprised if #mufc avoid defeat tomorrow

— Rich Fay (@RichFay) September 13, 2019
He wouldn't be surprised if we didn't loose? Is that what he's saying? Fecking hell talk about referring to the club as one that's favourites for relegation or something :(

StrettyEnder07

Almost certain he'll go with the second option. Not saying it because I don't believe in Ole but base it on his choice of substitutions in prior games.
Unfortunately bud me to, I would be stunned if he goes for the first line up, hope I am wrong but have a bad feeling we will be sat watching Matic Mata Pereira getting smoked quite comfortably by Leicester