Solskjær press conference vs Leicester

Denis79

Unfortunately bud me to, I would be stunned if he goes for the first line up, hope I am wrong but have a bad feeling we will be sat watching Matic Mata Pereira getting smoked quite comfortably by Leicester
Our flanks are exposed just as much as our midfield, frightening game ahead.

SteveW

You think that Ed decided to sell Lukaku and Alexis?
Wouldnt want Alexis anywhere near the team. Lukaku couldn't be arsed getting his weight under control. I'm more bothered about the midfield and full backs tbh

FireballXL5

Not even out of September and we have an injury crisis. Colour me totally un-fecking-surprised.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
That's what the reporter said not Ole.
Yeah I know that I was referencing the reporter. Guess it shows how far we've fallen that the media seemingly expect us to loose from week to week

Okey

Er well...who could have seen this coming after the disastrous summer transfer window we had? 3 games in 8 days coming up. Injury crisis already in September. Laughable squad for a big club. Shambles doesn't even start to describe it. Hopefully the players that come in make us eat our hats. That's all we have now isn't it? Hope..

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
11:40
Positives from injury crisis?
Maybe it will suit Solskjaer’s team to change their style a little...

Strangely, some of Manchester United's best results under Solskjaer (PSG, Liverpool) have come amid an injury crisis.

Not having Pogba will mean United must surely sit deeper and counter on Leicester, which might suit actually them. #mufc

— Dominic Booth (@DomBooth19) September 13, 2019

Raw

It's actually mad how shit we suddenly look when just three first team players are injured (Pogba, Martial + AWB). If City had De Bruyne, Aguero and Walker injured they'd still have the Silvas, Jesus and Cancelo to rely on. Extreme example but that's the standard we should be aiming for.

Ah wait forgot about Shaw. 4 first team players out is a bit extreme actually.

Last edited:

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Only September and it's showing already how much of a skeleton squad we have. Will be a gruelling season.

Dante

Average bang
We've lost 3 of our 4 fullbacks, 2 of our starting front 4, and our main creative midfielder.

Any team in the league would go down a couple of levels with so many absences.

Dr. StrangeHate

So basically if you become manager of a club, sell half the team late on leaving no time for replacing them. This will make your team paper thin and you get a free ride that season because it is the CEO's fault for not getting your unrealistic targets. Brilliantly played.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Injury updates
Well treatment room’s been busy and still is. So we don’t really know who’s gonna be available there’s maybe Aaron, maybe Jesse and I think maybe that’s it from the ones that pulled out but I can’t promise those two will be available either.

Leicester is always a tough game, as a team, a club wanting to push into the top four, they’ve got good players, a good manager, a proven top manager, Brendan’s teams always play with football and we’ve got to play well to get the three points.
Pogba ruled out
Pogba won’t be fit, no, unless he’s had a miraculous recovery overnight from yesterday to today or tonight to tomorrow, he’s not been ready to do 100% training, no.
Martial latest
Well we hope more can be ready for West Ham next week and Paul and Anthony are in that category, I think they’ll be ready for then and can’t say more than that really.
Mind games from Ole. All three will start.

red4ever 79

We are already in the poop after 4 games. Always was going to happen when you dont replace 4 senior players leaving. What happened to our new fitness program? We are still getting the same number of injuries

Revaulx

So basically if you become manager of a club, sell half the team late on leaving no time for replacing them. This will make your team paper thin and you get a free ride that season because it is the CEO's fault for not getting your unrealistic targets. Brilliantly played.
Or, if you are a hated CEO of a club, sell half the team late on leaving no time for replacing them. This will make your team paper thin and you get a free ride that season because it is the Manager's fault for not setting realistic targets as replacements. Also brilliantly played :D

oz insomniac

Seriously, you can't believe that the manager ordered players to be moved without replacements. Those decisions are made by Teflon Ed and Judge, still it's easier to blame the manager than look at the problem that has been festering for at least the last 4 years. An incompetent CEO/DOF trying to run the club like a merchant bank

Ban

What unrealistic targets are those? Of course it's CEO's fault if players are not bought and I don't think any of the targets were unrealistic. Also Ole didn't choose the time to get the players out, that's not his job. I don't think he said to Ed to sell Lukaku near the end of the window or Alexis after that. Selling Alexis after the window was closed was daft but even more daft was not to get any reinforcements.

red4ever 79

We should fire our sports science department and fitness coaches. This has been going on for years now injury after injury. Most of them muscle related exeception of Pogba.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Sell half of the team late in the window? It's not like Ole made decision that these players are not wanted in the last week of the window, it was well know from the start of the window that these players are not wanted. It's not on Ole to sell them, it's on Woodward and others. Can't blame Woodward too as he can't force buying club to make decision early.

Not sure why people assume he will get free ride either.

LVGSdive

Gomes has to play tomorrow for me now. Without Pogba there is no creativity at all so he has to be in there to make it happen.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Not optimistic about this game at all after that press conference.

bondsname

We should fire our sports science department and fitness coaches. This has been going on for years now injury after injury. Most of them muscle related exeception of Pogba.
I agree. Something is wrong and needs to be fixed. Having this many injuries season after season is embarrassing.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
No, but he wasn't quick enough off the mark at signing a replacement.

Going in for Dybala and then pulling out of Dybala, it's not a structured transfer strategy is it? "oh well have a pop for this no 10 because he's on the market but if we don't get him, we don't need a no 10".

It's not good enough. You either need to sign a number 10 or you don't.
Dybala has more Instagram followers than the club. Woodward was only in for him based on his massive commercial profile. We know how this club works. It was obvious.

Regardless, that's what happens when you hire a yes man who's just happy to be here. You take advantage of him. Ole was happy with his squad remember.

Bestietom

Why is Pogba doubtful(even out)? Wasn't just an ankle knock and he should've been ok? It has been two weeks and international break since then..
Think Pogba will be out more than he is in this season until he gets what he wants, a move away.
It would be better if we could move him on in January. Kroos and maybe another player in the deal,plus cash.

Dr. StrangeHate

Or, if you are a hated CEO of a club, sell half the team late on leaving no time for replacing them. This will make your team paper thin and you get a free ride that season because it is the Manager's fault for not setting realistic targets as replacements. Also brilliantly played :D
No because Woodward needs to go before anyone else at the club. He has failed with his 4th appointment.

Dr. StrangeHate

Seriously, you can't believe that the manager ordered players to be moved without replacements. Those decisions are made by Teflon Ed and Judge, still it's easier to blame the manager than look at the problem that has been festering for at least the last 4 years. An incompetent CEO/DOF trying to run the club like a merchant bank
No doubt the CEO is incompetent but letting players go without replacements is as much Ole's fault.

The_Order

I am backing Ole,

This is a perfect opportunity to play the youth,

But he wont.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
No doubt the CEO is incompetent but letting players go without replacements is as much Ole's fault.
Not really when the players who really needed out were probably the most disruptive ones( with the exception of Smalling) and it was being planned well in advance.

Great midfielders aren't exactly falling off trees out there ATM

Dr. StrangeHate

Sell half of the team late in the window? It's not like Ole made decision that these players are not wanted in the last week of the window, it was well know from the start of the window that these players are not wanted. It's not on Ole to sell them, it's on Woodward and others. Can't blame Woodward too as he can't force buying club to make decision early.

Not sure why people assume he will get free ride either.
Because people are just blaming the CEO when both Ole and Ed are responsible for this mess.

Enigma_87

You know who
Think Pogba will be out more than he is in this season until he gets what he wants, a move away.
It would be better if we could move him on in January. Kroos and maybe another player in the deal,plus cash.
Nah, he has to play all the time if fit. Our midfield is in shambles otherwise.

If he wanted the move away so bad that he would throw a strop he should've been moved in the Summer.

Dr. StrangeHate

Maybe Ole has been give the old 'We will sign players in January if they are available' promise. Hope Ole realises Ed speaks with forked tongue.
If Ed has been this deceitful then Ole needs to back stab him via leaks. The whole United fan base would rejoice.

Gordon S

Dybala has more Instagram followers than the club. Woodward was only in for him based on his massive commercial profile. We know how this club works. It was obvious.

Regardless, that's what happens when you hire a yes man who's just happy to be here. You take advantage of him. Ole was happy with his squad remember.
Just because he tries to be positive in interviews doesn’t mean he is happy with his squad. Of course he wanted more players in this summer

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Because people are just blaming the CEO when both Ole and Ed are responsible for this mess.
And few are just blaming Ole.

Also it doesn't matter whether Ole or Ed is blamed, if he doesn't get results he will be gone.

Enigma_87

You know who
And few are just blaming Ole.

Also it doesn't matter whether Ole or Ed is blamed, if he doesn't get results he will be gone.
I haven't seen anyone who blames only Ole as well as I haven't seen anyone defending Ed around here.

If you put a poll whether Ed should be sacked come the morning you will have 99% Yes with the other 1% - rival fans.