Solskjær press conference vs Leicester

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Nah, he has to play all the time if fit. Our midfield is in shambles otherwise.

If he wanted the move away so bad that he would throw a strop he should've been moved in the Summer.
People thinking Pogba is going to run himself into the ground for this circus of a team are deluding themselves. Because he's so supported by the fan base isn't he?

I dont blame him, I would do the same thing. Let's see what McTominay & co can do without him hand holding shall we?

The_Order

All of this is on Ed,

Zero forward-planning from Day 1 he took the job, he's not a football man, so why is he still here?

Every decision has so short-sighted and lacking in any kind of vision. Pep would fail under him because he would not the players he needs, only players that Ed thinks will sell shirts in China.

I feel for Ole, we'll never know what he can do because he has both hands tied behind his back. The fans won't hear it though, they'll want him sacked.

Enigma_87

You know who
People thinking Pogba is going to run himself into the ground for this circus of a team are deluding themselves. Because he's so supported by the fan base isn't he? I dont blame him, I would do the same thing. Let's see what McTominay & co can do without him hand holding shall we?
I still expect him to be professional and finish this season and give his best for his own sake and for his reputation and name.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
People thinking Pogba is going to run himself into the ground for this circus of a team are deluding themselves. Because he's so supported by the fan base isn't he? I dont blame him, I would do the same thing. Let's see what McTominay & co can do without him hand holding shall we?
Could see him picking up mysterious injuries around EL game time, then being fully eligible for CL in January.

Revaulx

We should fire our sports science department and fitness coaches. This has been going on for years now injury after injury. Most of them muscle related exeception of Pogba.
Also, are there any other "top" clubs that have as many players with weight control problems as United seems to?

pablotatt

AWB, Jesse and Martial are all fit. The international withdrawals were classic Fergie and Tony has had plenty of time to recover.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
All of this is on Ed,

Zero forward-planning from Day 1 he took the job, he's not a football man, so why is he still here?

Every decision has so short-sighted and lacking in any kind of vision. Pep would fail under him because he would not the players he needs, only players that Ed thinks will sell shirts in China.

I feel for Ole, we'll never know what he can do because he has both hands tied behind his back. The fans won't hear it though, they'll want him sacked.
I fail to see how ed sits in that room, making a checklist and sell / buy players without approval of manager.

Some of you seriously thinks ed is the one who decides which player to buy sell or loaned?

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I still expect him to be professional and finish this season and give his best for his own sake and for his reputation and name.
I expect he will but we've seen this midfield, it's practically him on his own. If he plays every match, he will be burnt out by the summer. I dont blame him at all, It's the club's fault for not reinforcing the team properly.

Revaulx

No because Woodward needs to go before anyone else at the club. He has failed with his 4th appointment.
Let's hope so. At least if Ole is a disaster (and I still cling onto a glimmer of hope that he won't be) there's a good chance the fans will realise where the blame lies.

The_Order

I fail to see how ed sits in that room, making a checklist and sell / buy players without approval of manager.

Some of you seriously thinks ed is the one who decides which player to buy sell or loaned?
Apart from Herrera which of the players let go would you want to keep?

Alexis was the highest paid player in the league and Dan James has already scored more and contributed far more in 3 games.

red4ever 79

Also, are there any other "top" clubs that have as many players with weight control problems as United seems to?
It's a shambles. Sick of it every season. No excuse 4 games in. Shaw, Martial, AWB, Dalot something seriously wrong at the club. Year in year out it's the same bulls*t.

rotherham_red

All of this is on Ed,

I take it you've never been to Old Trafford in the last 8 months or so? The fans who go to the games know where the issue lies.

Enigma_87

You know who
I expect he will but we've seen this midfield, it's practically him on his own. If he plays every match, he will be burnt out by the summer. I dont blame him at all, It's the club's fault for not reinforcing the team properly.
That we agree. Euro is also coming up and France is one of the favorites..

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Apart from Herrera which of the players let go would you want to keep?

Alexis was the highest paid player in the league and Dan James has already scored more and contributed far more in 3 games.
I dont know

But selling buying player has and always been the manager prerogative at manchester united so the bucks stops at the manager. Pricing and wage you can pin that on ed.

It seems that we're being blinded by the hate for the board and ed that everything's wrong with our club is pinned on ed.

Player being fat, blames it on ed
Player cant pass more than 5 yards, blames it on ed
Manager cant find a starting 11, blames it on ed

Ed is just a ceo. Apart from picking managers (which he does a bad job at it) most of the things we see on the pitch is down to manager. I honestly dont think ed cares or meddles around with how we train, what formation we should play, etc.

The_Order

I take it you've never been to Old Trafford in the last 8 months or so? The fans who go to the games know where the issue lies.
I know that you are right, and I admit, I let the bleating of the cafe crown cloud the wider consensus among fans.

This place is just so fecking toxic, man.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
What unrealistic targets are those? Of course it's CEO's fault if players are not bought and I don't think any of the targets were unrealistic. Also Ole didn't choose the time to get the players out, that's not his job. I don't think he said to Ed to sell Lukaku near the end of the window or Alexis after that. Selling Alexis after the window was closed was daft but even more daft was not to get any reinforcements.
Of course it is CEO's fault. Or Mourinho's. I can't decide yet. I can't believe that that guy wanted to blame Ole, our coach for our current roster. And he calls himself a fan. Pathetic.

The_Order

I dont know

But selling buying player has and always been the manager prerogative at manchester united so the bucks stops at the manager. Pricing and wage you can pin that on ed.

It seems that we're being blinded by the hate for the board and ed that everything's wrong with our club is pinned on ed.

Player being fat, blames it on ed -
Player cant pass more than 5 yards, blames it on ed
Manager cant find a starting 11, blames it on ed

Ed is just a ceo. Apart from picking managers (which he does a bad job at it) most of the things we see on the pitch is down to manager. I honestly dont think ed cares or meddles around with how we train, what formation we should play, etc.
What? who has ever said any of that?

See now, youre arguing against points I never made, another one of the cafe's favourite tactics.

Canagel

We'll lose comfortably. Its laughable we allowed ourselves to enter the season with such a weak squad.

Eriku

It's a shambles. Sick of it every season. No excuse 4 games in. Shaw, Martial, AWB, Dalot something seriously wrong at the club. Year in year out it's the same bulls*t.
Weight control is behind their injuries? Some serious shoe-horning there, bud.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Of course it is CEO's fault. Or Mourinho's. I can't decide yet. I can't believe that that guy wanted to blame Ole, our coach for our current roster. And he calls himself a fan. Pathetic.
It's kind of expected though. Ole's been set up to fail because the hierarchy believe he can sit in the job for a year at least then they'll go out and get the next biggest thing

poleglass red

People thinking Pogba is going to run himself into the ground for this circus of a team are deluding themselves. Because he's so supported by the fan base isn't he?

I dont blame him, I would do the same thing. Let's see what McTominay & co can do without him hand holding shall we?
He wasn't running himself into the ground when he had the crowd fully behind him, suddenly now there is a small minority giving him grief, large part in reaction to overtures he's made to Real, you think it's okay for him to down tools even more. By the way you call our club a circus, the club he so clearly wants to play for aren't exactly running smoothly right now either

ash_86

I'm not saying it's you. Apology if i worded it wrong.

But still. Everything is down to ed. Poor ole got his hand tied behind his back
We all know what's going to happen to Ole if results don't turn around soon. We have seen it happen to several managers over the years. That's why we need to concentrate the voice on the main problem which is Ed.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
We all know what's going to happen to Ole if results don't turn around soon. We have seen it happen to several managers over the years. That's why we need to concentrate the voice on the main problem which is Ed.
I dont think ed is the real problem. We just havent hit jackpot with appointing the right manager.

Liverpool pre klopp is the same mess as we are. Brendan hits 2nd and sacked. Kenny.

Ed and the board are just easy scapegoat. Our problems can easilly be solved short term by appointing the right manager. If we appointed klopp instead of Moyes back then, back him with 400m we wouldnt be in this mess.

If magically we have a new sets of owner and ceo it still doesnt make our team suddenly plays better. Ole will still be ole, pogba will still be pogba.

Irrational.

I don't mean to be pessimistic, but I'll be gobsmacked if we win tomorrow. Leicester at present are better in every department.

Roboc7

Ole really needed Pogba and Martial fit, without those players he’s fielding a weaker team against Leicester and West Ham.

Two pivotal games which now I’d be delighted and surprised to get 3 points from. Don’t see how Ole makes it to Xmas, manager always takes the blame and he’s already in huge trouble.

By time we are 10 games in we might not have 15 points so that’s him gone and then we can dive into the next inevitable disaster.

Jonno

We sold Lukaku on the last day. Alexis after deadline and after Martial's injury.
Yep. Does that mean Ed only knew these players were going on the last day and after the deadline? Absolutely not. He knew all summer, he will have been trying to flog them since June. Which means there was plans all summer to sell them. Which means they should have spent all summer trying to bring adequate replacements.

hobbers

Ed is as bad a defacto sporting director as Ole is a manager.

el3mel

If Leicester didn't win this comfortably they should sack Rodgers. :lol:

God why did the international break ended?

Enigma_87

You know who
I dont think ed is the real problem. We just havent hit jackpot with appointing the right manager.

Liverpool pre klopp is the same mess as we are. Brendan hits 2nd and sacked. Kenny.

Ed and the board are just easy scapegoat. Our problems can easilly be solved short term by appointing the right manager. If we appointed klopp instead of Moyes back then, back him with 400m we wouldnt be in this mess.

If magically we have a new sets of owner and ceo it still doesnt make our team suddenly plays better. Ole will still be ole, pogba will still be pogba.
It's a combination of this and Ed. Both are way out of their depth.

Our main error is appointing guys that are inexperienced for the job in hand and also out of their depth.

Gill and Fergie left us - those two were responsible for pretty much all footballing matters. We appointed a financial guy who doesn't understand football much, a Scottish manager, just because he's Scottish and Fergie buddy and the landslide began.

If we had someone like Ragnick as soon as Gill left to oversee all footballing operations things wouldn't be so grim.

As you said we're pre Klopp Pool. During that time the owners were seen as the only rotten apples, yet when they got the right manager and gave him backing suddenly they are in their best form in 30 years.

Enigma_87

You know who
Yep. Does that mean Ed only knew these players were going on the last day and after the deadline? Absolutely not. He knew all summer, he will have been trying to flog them since June. Which means there was plans all summer to sell them. Which means they should have spent all summer trying to bring adequate replacements.
You want Ed to spend the whole summer identifying which striker we should buy? The guy hasn't got a clue about football.

If you are pointing fingers at who should be responsible for finding adequate replacements that's not the CEO.

Ban

He wasn't running himself into the ground when he had the crowd fully behind him, suddenly now there is a small minority giving him grief, large part in reaction to overtures he's made to Real, you think it's okay for him to down tools even more. By the way you call our club a circus, the club he so clearly wants to play for aren't exactly running smoothly right now either
I would drop it. Guy is a huge Pogba fan.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Ole really needed Pogba and Martial fit, without those players he’s fielding a weaker team against Leicester and West Ham.

Two pivotal games which now I’d be delighted and surprised to get 3 points from. Don’t see how Ole makes it to Xmas, manager always takes the blame and he’s already in huge trouble.

By time we are 10 games in we might not have 15 points so that’s him gone and then we can dive into the next inevitable disaster.
Ole could be in trouble, but not sure how it will improve for any manager. We might stabilise, but we with this squad it will still be a struggle. If a new manager comes in and does well, then it would just be like us to not spend in January and the bare minimum in the summer. Gone are the days where we buy when we are in a position of strength.

Ban

Of course it's a manager decision but then ceo must make a sale in normal time not a day before transfer window closes. Not to mention buying players.