Solskjær press conference vs Liverpool (H)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Solskjaer arrives at Carrington
The United manager has been pictured arriving ahead of this morning’s press conference.

romufc

I wonder what he will say today:

- Injuries
- Lack of luck
- Playing good football
- a win around the corner

The usual press conference.

Someone needs to ask him challenging questions.

Eric7C

- Injuries
- Lack of luck
- Playing good football

Send Neville.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

- Injuries
- Lack of luck
- Playing good football

To be fair to Ole what would be the point in him laying bare everything that's bugging him at the club two days before a big game? He's going to stay relatively positive, talk about the injuries as the main problem before this match and be hopeful of a result. This presser will in all likelihood not in any way satisfy us fans as we're crying out for results and performances. Words of any kind are no good at this point, but Ole's obliged to speak to the press so his job is not to rock the boat any further and get ready for the game.

Marty1968

To be fair to Ole what would be the point in him laying bare everything that's bugging him at the club two days before a big game? He's going to stay relatively positive, talk about the injuries as the main problem before this match and be hopeful of a result. This presser will in all likelihood not in any way satisfy us fans as we're crying out for results and performances. Words of any kind are no good at this point, but Ole's obliged to speak to the press so his job is not to rock the boat any further and get ready for the game.
Spot on but how dare you throw reason into the argument! That's not what people are here for! :lol:

He'll be his usual positive self.

He'll say how well the 'lads' have trained since coming back from the international break.
He'll say they're enjoying themselves in training and that these big games are the reason they play for united and will hopefully enjoy the big game at the weekend.

End result = there will be lots of moaning on here about same old comments
End End result = we'll get gubbed 3-0 Sunday. :annoyed:

romufc

I agree in that sense, but we all know performances haven't been up to standards yet he keeps saying he is pleased with them.

I understand he doesnt want to single players out as that will rock the boat in the squad.

Ancient Of Days

''Fine margins''

''We're getting there''

''peaks and valleys''

''Hopefully a performance from the boys''

''Everyone know what this feature means and what is expected of them.''

''We've got a great group of lads''

''We got the quality, now we need to start showing it on the pitch''

'It was never going to be easy''

Maybe Miles Jacobson will get inspired by these responses and add them to the press conference options on FM.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

- Injuries
- Lack of luck
- Playing good football

So what do you want him to say?

Jinn

Do you know what? I know we gonna lose this match, I've accepted it, i just wish we could go all blood a guts into it. Possibly dish out some proper hard tackles.
Feck it, i wouldn't mind a few red cards. We've got nothing to lose here, just go in with some pride.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Do you know what? I know we gonna lose this match, I've accepted it, i just wish we could go all blood a guts into it. Possibly dish out some proper hard tackles.
Feck it, i wouldn't mind a few red cards. We've got nothing to lose here, just go in with some pride.
Not sure why you thought this was the right thread for this post but it really isn't.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

- Injuries
- Lack of luck
- Playing good football

I actually really want him to read out those four bullet points now then walk out

Jinn

Not sure why you thought this was the right thread for this post but it really isn't.
Yeah. All these threads seem to flow in one direction. I forget where i am sometimes.
My mistake.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
10:01KEY EVENT
Injury latest
Of course I would like to tell you positive news hopefully we’ll see on Sunday who’s come through the last two sessions because there are players that just started training on the verge of coming back so can’t really say.

(Image: Getty Images)

DomesticTadpole

10:02
Moyes said Liverpool favourites five years ago, is that the reality?
They’re doing well in the league that’s for sure but we’re looking forward to this game, perfect game for players and fans, we’ve had a tough time difficult time lately and I’m sure we’ll give them a good game.

(Image: Manchester United via Getty Imag)

DomesticTadpole

10:03
Record in first 29 games better than start Klopp had at Liverpool
No I don’t hold onto stats like this and I’m just working as planned business as usual, try to improve the team, try to work towards something, but of course we’re heading somewhere we feel but need results and I expect the players to come out and prove why they’re at Man United.

(Image: Man Utd via Getty Images)

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Spot on but how dare you throw reason into the argument! That's not what people are here for! :lol:

He'll be his usual positive self.

He'll say how well the 'lads' have trained since coming back from the international break.
He'll say they're enjoying themselves in training and that these big games are the reason they play for united and will hopefully enjoy the big game at the weekend.

End result = there will be lots of moaning on here about same old comments
End End result = we'll get gubbed 3-0 Sunday.
:annoyed:
Too true I would think.

I agree in that sense, but we all know performances haven't been up to standards yet he keeps saying he is pleased with them.

I understand he doesnt want to single players out as that will rock the boat in the squad.
I must admit I'm in that group of fans who are starting to tire of hearing about great training sessions and the superb attitude we're showing during the week when the performances and results are so obviously below par. But I also suspect Ole was not happy with our attacking options once Lukaku and Sanchez left in the summer, he's not happy with the results and he's fully aware his arse is on the line if we're languishing like this by Christmas, so I'm clear that his remaining bright and breezy in the media is mainly about realpolitik.

The other question, and the reason I have some sympathy with the tide turning against Ole among our fanbase, is whether Ole has the ideas and the tools to turn it around this year. His latest answers about getting Martial and Rashford to score 'scruffy goals' are disconcerting to me as that suggests he sees positives in our build-up play this year, which is a view I don't share whatsoever. But the bottom line regarding pressers is it will be the lack of improvement on the pitch that will frustrate me the most, not the manner in which Ole chooses to address the media.

DomesticTadpole

10:04
Mood around the club ahead of the game
Of course there’s been loads of players away but the mood here is always good.

We’ve come a long way on what you call the culture, environment that we’re working in, it’s positive, the staff and players know when it’s Liverpool coming up it’s a game that’s gonna be watched by so many and when you sign for Manchester United this is the first one you look forward to against one of the main rivals and it’s a chance for them to... as I did, a couple of times, to get in the history books as I did.

The mood in a football club is always affected by results but it’s been better than expected within here and people that you meet can see what we’re trying to do but winning games is the biggest thing, that breeds confidence it’s a determined bunch of players and club but you can’t say we walk around smiling all the time.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
MUFC have collected the third most amout of bookings this season. The lads are not playing nice at all.

DomesticTadpole

10:06
Woodward backing
Well, of course it’s always.... I speak to Ed loads of times and we speak regularly and we’ve spoken so many times we do have a plan and we have made some decisions in the short-term would harm us but in the long-term would benefit us and that’s part of the plan, but results are always the main thing and we can move forward quicker with results and performances. I am sure we will get there. But there’s planning for the next transfer window and summer transfer window.

DomesticTadpole

10:06
De Gea latest
Don’t expect him to play but wasn’t as bad as feared, when I saw the game I thought that’s him out until next international break but it’s not as bad as feared.

(Image: 2019 Getty Images)

DomesticTadpole

10:07
Confident you can turn it around?
I’ve never felt it’s too big for me and confident in what we’re trying to do and with my staff, I’ve been so impressed, Michael, Kieran, Martin, Richard, the coaching an improvement is there to see for us and it is about start winning games, start scoring goals, we need to create more chances because at the back I think we’ve looked solid but haven’t been adventurous enough, taken enough risks. If you watch the best teams around take more risks more runs and maybe the boys when they lose confidence they play safe and it’s my duty to say it’s not safety.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
December 2018: Ole is positive about everything despite struggles - Caf: What a breath of fresh air, I love it! Enough with Josés angry press conferences"
October 2019: Ole is positive about everything despite struggles - Caf: Screw you Ole! Call out the problems and be negative about it!

And if you're somehow upset by this being pointed out, maybe you should look yourself in the mirror.

DomesticTadpole

10:09
Flat performances because of injuries?
Of course when you lose the majority of front creativity that we started with you’re gonna struggle to create as many chances as you like, you can’t carve that opening, the pressing up high has been very good, attitude, desire, has been very good but not enough chances created, not taken. Sometimes that’s confidence, human nature, you say players missing chances they won’t normally miss but it’s up to us to get the ball between the posts, that goal never misses.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
10:02
Moyes said Liverpool favourites five years ago, is that the reality?
They’re doing well in the league that’s for sure but we’re looking forward to this game, perfect game for players and fans, we’ve had a tough time difficult time lately and I’m sure we’ll give them a good game.

(Image: Manchester United via Getty Imag)
Just as long as we give them a good game...

DomesticTadpole

10:10
What is different now from last season?
The culture I’m seeing every day, the attitude of the training, they want to give everything. At times I didn’t feel they had the robustness, or the mentality at times...for us we have been working very hard for the conditioning.

DomesticTadpole

0:11
Pogba picture with Zidane

Paul is part of our plan, he’s been playing through the pain barriers and has been criticised left, right and centre. But when he came back Rochdale Arsenal he wanted to play, try to get back, was too painful, he had that scan, he’s on the way back, he’s recovering, he’s mending, he’s been on a few days off working but he’s away from here, and it’s a pic, when you’re at Man United I don’t have any problem with that at all.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
December 2018: Ole is positive about everything despite struggles - Caf: What a breath of fresh air, I love it! Enough with Josés angry press conferences"
October 2019: Ole is positive about everything despite struggles - Caf: Screw you Ole! Call out the problems and be negative about it!

And if you're somehow upset by this being pointed out, maybe you should look yourself in the mirror.
He was the caretaker manager then trying to lift the spirits of a squad that was low on confidence. We're two points off relegation and the laughing stock of world football. There's feck all to be positive about. The club is a mess from top to bottom. Nobody is saying he should be Jose in these press conferences but a show of passion and fight in these press conferences wouldn't hurt. We're about to play our biggest rivals and the best he can say is 'I'm sure we'll give them a good game' shambles.

DomesticTadpole

10:13
Solskjaer defends his summer transfer decisions
The time is always right to make the right decision and to go one with the squad we have, the injuries didn’t help, we’re getting players back now, I’m sure until Christmas we’ll get the results but the last few weeks have been different and hard but it won’t tell me it was the wrong decision, it was the right decision. Listen, the culture we wanna build had to make them decisions.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
10:09
Flat performances because of injuries?
Of course when you lose the majority of front creativity that we started with you’re gonna struggle to create as many chances as you like, you can’t carve that opening, the pressing up high has been very good, attitude, desire, has been very good but not enough chances created, not taken. Sometimes that’s confidence, human nature, you say players missing chances they won’t normally miss but it’s up to us to get the ball between the posts, that goal never misses.

The majority of our attack is one friggin player,Ole.:lol:
Jesus:rolleyes:

Rooney24

So he has a better record after 29 games than Klopp.

The thing is almost immediately, and certainly after 29 games, you could see what Klopp was trying to do. You could see a style of Football emerging and a clear direction. I see none of that under Ole sadly.