Solskjær press conference vs Liverpool (H)

Eric7C

What time is he on. Any news on Injuries.
:lol: It's over mate, just like our season. On injuries:

"Of course I would like to tell you positive news hopefully we’ll see on Sunday who’s come through the last two sessions because there are players that just started training on the verge of coming back so can’t really say."

Spot the lack of specifics.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Surely Ole and the medical staff are starting to wonder why we get so many injuries or do they just think it's luck?

el3mel

Culture, culture, culture, how many times does he say this word?

What culture? Culture of becoming a relegation fodder?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
So he has a better record after 29 games than Klopp.

The thing is almost immediately, and certainly after 29 games, you could see what Klopp was trying to do. You could see a style of Football emerging and a clear direction. I see none of that under Ole sadly.
The only thing I would say is that Klopp probably took over a set of players in a much better situation than Ole has. He is also a proven top level manager which brings a kind of confidence and belief in itself.

Ole is spot on in saying the players need to take more risks and make more forward runs. The effort levels apart from a couple of games have been fine but it's difficult to see a style of play when no one is brave enough to try and implement it. Problem is it's very easy to see and say what is wrong. The tricky bit is giving the players the direction and belief to do it.

el3mel

10:06
Woodward backing
Well, of course it’s always.... I speak to Ed loads of times and we speak regularly and we’ve spoken so many times we do have a plan and we have made some decisions in the short-term would harm us but in the long-term would benefit us and that’s part of the plan, but results are always the main thing and we can move forward quicker with results and performances. I am sure we will get there. But there’s planning for the next transfer window and summer transfer window.

10:13
Solskjaer defends his summer transfer decisions
The time is always right to make the right decision and to go one with the squad we have, the injuries didn’t help, we’re getting players back now, I’m sure until Christmas we’ll get the results but the last few weeks have been different and hard but it won’t tell me it was the wrong decision, it was the right decision. Listen, the culture we wanna build had to make them decisions.

For I don't know how many times, he's giving enough evidence that he had a good say in our disastrous summer and he's on the same page as Ed, so they both need to be slaughtered together.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
His decision to play Pogba against Rochdale is one of the worst I've seen.

red4ever 79

10:07
Confident you can turn it around?
I’ve never felt it’s too big for me and confident in what we’re trying to do and with my staff, I’ve been so impressed, Michael, Kieran, Martin, Richard, the coaching an improvement is there to see for us and it is about start winning games, start scoring goals, we need to create more chances because at the back I think we’ve looked solid but haven’t been adventurous enough, taken enough risks. If you watch the best teams around take more risks more runs and maybe the boys when they lose confidence they play safe and it’s my duty to say it’s not safety.

Coaching environment is there for all to see! Yes Ole we can see it as fans we are the least coached side in the league

red4ever 79

10:10
What is different now from last season?
The culture I’m seeing every day, the attitude of the training, they want to give everything. At times I didn’t feel they had the robustness, or the mentality at times...for us we have been working very hard for the conditioning.
The question then is as Ole keeps saying it. The players want to give everything..... So why dont they?

Greck

For I don't know how many times, he's giving enough evidence that he had a good say in our disastrous summer and he's on the same page as Ed, so they both need to be slaughtered together.
The stuff about not being backed was honestly spun out of thin air. And for a while here challenging it would get one pelted

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
10:10
What is different now from last season?
The culture I’m seeing every day, the attitude of the training, they want to give everything. At times I didn’t feel they had the robustness, or the mentality at times...for us we have been working very hard for the conditioning.
The attitude is correct but the mentality is not there. What is he even saying?!

fergiesarmy1

In terms of injury management, yes. I don't mean general managerial decisions.
He had been out for the best part of a month with a poorly ankle and was deemed fit by the medical team such as they are and the player himself he was ready to play. What was Ole supposed to do in that scenario overrule them?

Jinn

The attitude is correct but the mentality is not there. What is he even saying?!
Meaning, they have the right attitude in terms of effort and training but they lack in confidence.
Winning is a habit, when you develop that habit you don't want to lose it. When you get a set-back in a game, that has not gone to plan, you have the right mentality(confidence) to get back in the game.
That's what he meant.

kr0nix

Culture, culture, culture, how many times does he say this word?

What culture? Culture of becoming a relegation fodder?
Hate to see this happen to a club legend so I'm hoping that he does the sensible thing and walk away before the axe falls.

AFC NimbleThumb

I love coming into these Press Conference threads.

Every week it’s excuse after excuse, followed by empty rhetoric.

He never actually analysis his own performance; who has he improved? How has he implemented a style of football? Why did he think it was ok to come into a season with Andreas Periera as back up RW? Why is our LB cover for Shaw’s inevitable time on the sidelines still a 30-odd year old failed winger?

He’s a fraud.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Meaning, they have the right attitude in terms of effort and training but they lack in confidence.
Winning is a habit, when you develop that habit you don't want to lose it. When you get a set-back in a game, that has not gone to plan, you have the right mentality(confidence) to get back in the game.
That's what he meant.
But how can you have the right attitude in games and not the right mentality? Honestly. Even if you go 1 goal down is he saying the attitude to put it right is there but the mentality isn't? It still doesn't make sense

Jinn

But how can you have the right attitude in games and not the right mentality? Honestly. Even if you go 1 goal down is he saying the attitude to put it right is there but the mentality isn't? It still doesn't make sense
How do explain great strikers with the right attitude who can't score a goal for a certain period of time. It's the same thing. Confidence.

fergiesarmy1

Hate to see this happen to a club legend so I'm hoping that he does the sensible thing and walk away before the axe falls.
But that would be the least sensible thing he could personally ever do in his life :lol:

AFC NimbleThumb

December 2018: Ole is positive about everything despite struggles - Caf: What a breath of fresh air, I love it! Enough with Josés angry press conferences"
October 2019: Ole is positive about everything despite struggles - Caf: Screw you Ole! Call out the problems and be negative about it!

And if you're somehow upset by this being pointed out, maybe you should look yourself in the mirror.
I’m confused as to what you’re getting at here.

Are you saying we should be happy that after a Summer transfer window [he can’t be judged on last January] we are in the EXACT same [imo worse] position?

Patience is a virtue we need to live by as fans but after 10 months, forget the disastrous Summer window, OgS hasn’t improved players or playing style - that’s why a lot of fans are frustrated.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I’m confused as to what you’re getting at here.

Are you saying we should be happy that after a Summer transfer window [he can’t be judged on last January] we are in the EXACT same [imo worse] position?

Patience is a virtue we need to live by as fans but after 10 months, forget the disastrous Summer window, OgS hasn’t improved players or playing style - that’s why a lot of fans are frustrated.
What I'm getting at is that perspective is incredibly fickle sometimes. People are asking for Ole to become José, who they ended up hating in the first place for acting the way they want Ole to act now.

AFC NimbleThumb

10:06
Woodward backing
Well, of course it’s always.... I speak to Ed loads of times and we speak regularly and we’ve spoken so many times we do have a plan and we have made some decisions in the short-term would harm us but in the long-term would benefit us and that’s part of the plan, but results are always the main thing and we can move forward quicker with results and performances. I am sure we will get there. But there’s planning for the next transfer window and summer transfer window.

So, sell players & wilfully leave the squad short.

How about selling the players & replacing them, you know like most football clubs do.

StrettyEnder07

I wonder what he will say today:

- Injuries
- Lack of luck
- Playing good football
- a win around the corner

The usual press conference.

Someone needs to ask him challenging questions.
Not even started and fecking moaning already

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
He had been out for the best part of a month with a poorly ankle and was deemed fit by the medical team such as they are and the player himself he was ready to play. What was Ole supposed to do in that scenario overrule them?
A player as important as Pogba shouldn't have played the 90 minutes after being out so long. . Especially against teams like Rochdale. At the most he should of played only the first half or brought on around the 60th minute. Maybe that was Oles plan but when he seen we were struggling against mighty Rochdale his plans changed and he kept him on. That's on the manager.

fergiesarmy1

A player as important as Pogba shouldn't have played the 90 minutes after being out so long. . Especially against teams like Rochdale. At the most he should of played only the first half or brought on around the 60th minute. Maybe that was Oles plan but when he seen we were struggling against mighty Rochdale his plans changed and he kept him on. That's on the manager.
As he was still cast free cycling on a bike in Dubai weeks after that match and days before a cast was finally put on maybe everyone was operating under the idea it wasn’t a cracked toe and no reason why he couldn’t walk around a pitch for 90 minutes at that time.

AFC NimbleThumb

What I'm getting at is that perspective is incredibly fickle sometimes. People are asking for Ole to become José, who they ended up hating in the first place for acting the way they want Ole to act now.
Fair point; football is generally a fickle sport.

i can’t speak for the fanbase as a whole but the perspective amongst my United mates isn’t that we want a Jose who throws players under the bus but we expect to see improvement.

We were never going to be a finished article or anything near it this season but we’ve actually regressed.

He’s admitted he made the decision to leave the squad short of quality [‘short term pain’] so I’m actually understanding that we might not have the best players on the field every week but you’d expect to at least see progression in our pattern of play & player improvement of which there is none.

OgS is hardly in a position to criticise the players when he’s underperforming to such an extent himself.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Not even started and fecking moaning already
Tell me about it.

Nothing constructive to add but a whole lot of complaints.

I think it won’t be anything we don’t know about. An update on Martial and AWB. Good to have one back.

StrettyEnder07

Thanks mate. Love to see your optimism in this brilliantly coached team, creating chances, scoring goals galore..

oh wait...
Not as much as I love to see you moaning bitching whinging crying before he has even sat down, that doesn't get boring on a weekly basis at all.

Oh wait..........

StrettyEnder07

Tell me about it.

Nothing constructive to add but a whole lot of complaints.

I think it won’t be anything we don’t know about. An update on Martial and AWB. Good to have one back.
Honestly mate they must wake up in the morning, have their coffee, rub their hands and get online to moan and whinge, Ole hadn't even sat down and people already whinging about what he may or may not say.

Lucky wives at home with these lads haha

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
As he was still cast free cycling on a bike in Dubai weeks after that match and days before a cast was finally put on maybe everyone was operating under the idea it wasn’t a cracked toe and no reason why he couldn’t walk around a pitch for 90 minutes at that time.
I refuse to believe with the technology we have at the club we couldn't detect a cracked toe, if that's what it was because against Southampton he had a sprained ankle then against Rochdale he got a knock on the ankle. I'm really confused.

That's besides the point. I agree Pogba should of got minutes against Dale but after being out so long and with Arsenal coming up a few days later it was madness to give him the full 90 minutes. Ole seen we were struggling, thought of his job and risked Pogba and it backfired massively. I can maybe understand it slightly if we were playing City or Pool but against Rochdale it just reeks of desperation. And here we are today.

fergiesarmy1

I refuse to believe with the technology we have at the club we couldn't detect a cracked toe, if that's what it was because against Southampton he had a sprained ankle then against Rochdale he got a knock on the ankle. I'm really confused.

That's besides the point. I agree Pogba should of got minutes against Dale but after being out so long and with Arsenal coming up a few days later it was madness to give him the full 90 minutes. Ole seen we were struggling, thought of his job and risked Pogba and it backfired massively. I can maybe understand it slightly if we were playing City or Pool but against Rochdale it just reeks of desperation. And here we are today.
Every decision Ole has taken has been the opposite of thinking of his own job he’s been short term pain for long term gain since day one.

romufc

Not as much as I love to see you moaning bitching whinging crying before he has even sat down, that doesn't get boring on a weekly basis at all.

Oh wait..........
Well you don't actually need to read my comments if they bore you, but as a United fan we all have to watch the boring football been presented to us.

That is the difference mate.

So after he has sat down and delivered his press conference, what positives do you take from it?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
How do explain great strikers with the right attitude who can't score a goal for a certain period of time. It's the same thing. Confidence.
Confidence isn't mentality. They are two seperate things.