Solskjær press conference vs Norwich (A)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Solskjaer on *
”First of all, any team that wins the championship and a Premier League deserves it and they deserve credit, it’s a hard league to win. So well done to Jurgen and his players. Every time you see anyone else lift the trophy it hurts, I reckon that’s the feeling everyone associated with Manchester United - all our players, staff supporters - we want to get back to winning ways and that’s our challenge.“

Samid

How far away are United?
“I don’t think it’s time to... to say how far you’re behind.

We are in a position now we have to improve, one we have to get in the Champions League, higher up in the league and, start challenging for trophies. That consistency and efficiency is a challenge for us as well. At our best we are very good, have to do that whatever day it is, do it again and again, that’s the challenge for our players going forward.”

Samid

FA Cup a catalyst
“I think first of all the FA Cup is a fantastic tournament and fantastic final to play in, a fantastic trophy to lift, our team is a new team and to get hands on a first trophy would be fantastic and hopefully a catalyst for more things to come.

So we are very focused on doing our best on getting through to the next round and the final.“

Samid

Squad rotation vs Norwich?
“With the long layoff we’ve had and looking after the players is one of our jobs and as you say rotation. We play Wednesday, Saturday, Tuesday and Saturday again.

But if you want to be a part of a winning Man United team you have to make a couple of changes but that’s the situation we’re in. We’re gonna do our best to put performances on and make sure players are safe.“

Samid

'Sir Alex difficult to emulate'
“The run of titles we won under Sir Alex isn’t gonna be easy for anyone to emulate or copy. Sir Alex was a master of staying at the top, our challenge is to make sure we don’t go 26 years until the next time we win it or more, we’re gonna do everything we can to shorten the distance or go past them.”

Samid

Lingard to be involved vs Norwich
“Jesse has come back from the lockdown with a smile on his feet, loads of energy, last week he fell ill but we’ve done all the tests and he’ll be involved against Norwich now and kick on.

Jesse has scored vital goals for us and been a vital player, let’s see what the future will hold, he’s looking sharp and focused.”

:(

Samid

How much do you learn from bumps in the road?
“You don’t go looking for bumps, you play against different teams but for us every game is a chance to prove you’re good enough for Man United and on the right track and when you play for Man United it’s a game you can win and a challenge to keep consistency.

We’ve shown what we can do at our best and longer and longer periods before the lows, but you’re not looking for a bump.”

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Sounds neither here nor there on Lingard's future.

Samid

Solskjaer praise for Wan-Bissaka
“He was an exceptional defender when I watched him last season, exceptional games against Sane and Man City and when we managed to sign him you get to know him, a shy boy but he wants to lean and listens. He’s providing more assists, chances, crosses - the best full backs at the moment have been wingers before.

We rely on full backs to go forward and we’re pleased with his progress.”

Samid

New injuries?
No. I think we came through unscathed. It's still Axel [Tuanzebe] and Phil [Jones], they're out. They are the only two absentees.

SATA

Hope we play our strongest team, get a couple of goals ahead and then take players off. We can now make five subs. Perhaps only Matic should be rested

Web of Bissaka

“Jesse has come back from the lockdown with a smile on his feet, loads of energy, last week he fell ill but we’ve done all the tests and he’ll be involved against Norwich now and kick on.

Jesse has scored vital goals for us and been a vital player, let’s see what the future will hold, he’s looking sharp and focused.”

Expected really.

Ah, last week he was illed.. not "dropped". Mix of both good and bad news there.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
'Sir Alex difficult to emulate'
“The run of titles we won under Sir Alex isn’t gonna be easy for anyone to emulate or copy. Sir Alex was a master of staying at the top, our challenge is to make sure we don’t go 26 years until the next time we win it or more, we’re gonna do everything we can to shorten the distance or go past them.”
I love Ole.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I love how Ole keeps refering to the players as "boy". Not lad, man, or anything of the likes, but boy. Daddy Ole at the wheel!

SirAnderson

Oh feck.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
What exactly is the point of Phil Jones?
He's one of few players in this squad that's won a Premier League trophy :D He brings that experience!

I have no idea what happened to Phil Jones. He used to be at least servicable. I hope that he at least plays well enough to get more than 45 minutes and a yelling if he features against Norwich

MissKatie

Supports
Northampton Town
I really like Ole's pressers. He feels positive like he really believes we are making a team here that could be very successful.

Phil Jones injured though, of course haha

King Andow

feck off with Lingard, honestly. How many chances to perform did he wasted already? It's so unfair. "Vital player " :lol:

ShinjiNinja26

What the hells Jesse been up to in lockdown to comeback with smiles on his feet. :confused: Sounds like some messed up plastic surgery experiment inspired by the movie Happy Feet.:houllier:

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
feck off with Lingard, honestly. How many chances to perform did he wasted already? It's so unfair. "Vital player " :lol:
And what is he supposed to say? "Lingard is shit and we don't want to see him ever again, so if anyone will buy him, anyone, pleeease, will cost you fish and chips. Maybe can of soda too. No, forget it, fish and chips will do nicely, thanks"

King Andow

And what is he supposed to say? "Lingard is shit and we don't want to see him ever again, so if anyone will buy him, anyone, pleeease, will cost you fish and chips. Maybe can of soda too. No, forget it, fish and chips will do nicely, thanks"
You don't need to bash him publicly to tell the truth and be fair.

el3mel

Please don't start Lingard in the cup game. I want to win the cup.

Ace of Spades

He is being nice. I'm pretty sure Ole wants him gone.
Of course he does, he has not been offered a new contract. It is just about getting this season done, I doubt he will play much. His playing time has already been very little ever since the new year.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

On his last chance. If He plays like shit then that's it. Ole would have more than enough reasons not to play him any further.