Solskjær press conference vs Norwich (H)

croadyman

He is building up TFM and Bailly as though they will save our season. I know he has to do that, but they are just bodies, nothing more.
Yeah it's never good when a manager hangs his hat on two players who have just come back after months out. I also don't like him pushing Maguire when the guy clearly needs a rest.

I thought he would walk if he ever felt this job was way too big for him,however I can't see that happening right now. Personally it is starting to look like they aren't fully behind him if no one comes in this month.

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
I can't really slag off people on here talking about Bailly as if he matter even a little bit, when our bloody manager is doing the same. Scary.

It took me quite awhile to think who he was even referring to when he said "Tim" for christ sake, just bewildering talk, so uninspiring so desperate sounding too.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I can't really slag off people on here talking about Bailly as if he matter even a little bit, when our bloody manager is doing the same. Scary.

It took me quite awhile to think who he was even referring to when he said "Tim" for christ sake, just bewildering talk, so uninspiring so desperate sounding too.
Sounds like someone who knows he is not getting any new signings in January and is banking on the sicknotes staying fit. Sad really.

ColvaleGoa

Sounds like a conspiracy theory or clutching onto Straw ,but could it be that the Club is getting sold? They might want new manager ie Poch and hence no real effort to sign anyone?

Ole seems to have given up already so has the players.

Hammerfell

He sounds dim.

iKeano

Stop trying to generalise and speak for every fan who doesn’t want to sack him like a dog.

Your entitled to your opinion, let others have theirs.

It’s easy to keyboard bash ‘Ole’s rubbish, give me a new manager’ without suggesting a single candidate or plan going forward.
Its akin to my four year old losing his temper and taking his ball home.
Easier to keyboard bash than endure Olé's management.

As for suggesting candidates, I wasn't aware Ed & the board read these threads for inspiration.
Poch is the glaringly obvious one - no trophies, but proven tactically with a tiny budget in the PL.
Allegri.
Ancelotti.
Simeone.
Your 4 year old.

But no, the other option is sticking with Olé out of blind emotive reasons so we can watch Rome burn.
This is fine.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
So good he says it twice.

10:08
Further update on McTominay
Won’t see him before winter break, hopefully in February.McTominay? Won’t see him before winter break, hopefully in February.
I thought you had cocked up, untill I seen this. :lol:

No Love

Ffs, Jones just had to drive something like that, didn’t he? :lol:

“Available in any colour you’d like, Mr Jones.. Any. Colour.”

Jonah: That one! That’s the one! I’ve always wanted to drive something that reminds me of custard.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Press conference just made me cringe with the cliches and utter drivel. Sorry but Ole now longer has any idea about how to manage the team but he seems to be losing the plot altogether!

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Ffs, Jones just had to drive something like that, didn’t he? :lol:

“Available in any colour you’d like, Mr Jones.. Any. Colour.”

Jonah: That one! That’s the one! I’ve always wanted to drive something that reminds me of custard.
Didn't he take Lingard to the end of season awards wearing the same colour dress?

Johnson Yip

Bailly would be a welcome option at CB at this point tbh. His problem is he can't seem to stay fit and he isn't very consistent (yet) but he's had some very good spells for us.

Jones is horrible and Lindelof hasn't been in the best of form lately.
Lindelof was shite for the whole of 2019/20 season!!! I lost count of how many mistakes he made this term, and that included those which didn't result in goals!

Bird Nerd

Ole just spouting the company line. Not looking forward to the next match to be quite honest.

Robaldo

Fosu-Mensah was incredibly bad at Fulham, so naturally he’s rated by Ole.

Lastwolf

When he gets the sack I don’t want to hear him crying how he never got players or I will slap his smile off.
Why? he's saying we're not signing antybody, not that he doesn't think we need any. Though if directly asked I'd expect him to lie or deflect when talking to the media. Bitching and moaning like Mourinho won't get him any further than it did the former and it's not like he even has the leverage that Mourinho had.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Fosu-Mensah was incredibly bad at Fulham, so naturally he’s rated by Ole.
But we're happy on the Caf to identify targets who are 'incredibly bad' abroad in weaker leagues but we salivate every time their name's are mentioned!

I know what you're trying to say but let's put it into perspective. He was good and at times brilliant at Palace until Woy decided to go with their own youngster in AWB. He was sent to a team that was pure shite and expected to shine. At that Fulham side even the highly rated Sessegnon looked poor.

He could be anything so why not give him a chance? Can he really be worse than Young at full back or Jones at CB?

Robaldo

But we're happy on the Caf to identify targets who are 'incredibly bad' abroad in weaker leagues but we salivate every time their name's are mentioned!

I know what you're trying to say but let's put it into perspective. He was good and at times brilliant at Palace until Woy decided to go with their own youngster in AWB. He was sent to a team that was pure shite and expected to shine. At that Fulham side even the highly rated Sessegnon looked poor.

He could be anything so why not give him a chance? Can he really be worse than Young at full back or Jones at CB?
I agree regarding players in weaker leagues abroad; I think it's more that the problem was present in the Summer and neither the board nor Ole gave the position (centre mid) much prominence, when it was pretty pertinent to everyone that the lack of depth and quality in our midfield was always going to be a major issue.

Perhaps I was a little harsh to TFM, because it's not his fault that he's being earmarked as someone to come in and improve the situation of the squad, when very little he's done in the last two or three years suggests he will.

Solskaer's mentioned TFM as a capable midfielder, which is baffling when he's supposedly played one match as a midfielder in his senior career - according to TransferMarkt..

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I agree regarding players in weaker leagues abroad; I think it's more that the problem was present in the Summer and neither the board nor Ole gave the position (centre mid) much prominence, when it was pretty pertinent to everyone that the lack of depth and quality in our midfield was always going to be a major issue.

Perhaps I was a little harsh to TFM, because it's not his fault that he's being earmarked as someone to come in and improve the situation of the squad, when very little he's done in the last two or three years suggests he will.

Solskaer's mentioned TFM as a capable midfielder, which is baffling when he's supposedly played one match as a midfielder in his senior career - according to TransferMarkt..
Ole will continue to baffle us until we're in the relegation zone

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
If this is how Ole gives team talks no wonder our players look like deer in headlights on the pitch
Very well said.
He says nothing new and nothing inspiring.
Just meaningless words.
I used to love Sir Alex Ferguson press conferences. Jose's were like a care crash.
Ole's are just a complete waste of time.
Much like his team.