Solskjær press conference vs Palace (A)

poleglass red

I don't want rotation, unless the ones that started against Southampton can't play. James doesn't offer a lot more than Mata and Pereira.
we've 3 games in a week, certain players have already looked tired in last 2 games. Ideally you play your strongest 11, but I think he might tweak it a little, maybe 1 or 2 changes. His hand might be forced to though with Shaw and Williams possibly injured.One of the players I'd have liked to have seen dropped was AWB for Williams, but that one might be doubtful now. Matic has also struggled last 2 games, he possibly might be rested with Sundays match in mind.

Nikelesh Reddy

Shaw and Williams injury update
“Luke has got, well, a swollen ankle, I’ll give him as much time as possible to recover, it was a twisted ankle, Brandon cut up his eye, I don’t really know, none of them trained yesterday, they were both swollen and I’ll give them as much time as possible to let the swollen go away.”
Hopefully Shaw will be fit for the game....Not having both your left backs for such a big game would be terrible...

DevilRed

Nobody trained. Everyone rested.

We're in limit break mode right now. Hopefully Shaw and Brandon will be ok for tommorrow.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Sounds more ominous than what the Times were reporting that they should both be fine for the Palace game. Hopefully just precautionary and Ole’s not giving too much away and they’ll be alright.
Unless Ole clearly says a player is out, every time he's given a non transparent answer about players injuries, they end up starting the game which is why I'm expecting either one of Shaw or Williams to start.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I've just read on the Man Utd app that Ole confirmed Mason has a swollen ankle from the Southampton game as a result of the Romeu challenge. Said he will give him as much time as possible the same as Shaw, but that doesn't seem too promising.

E-mal

I've just read on the Man Utd app that Ole confirmed Mason has a swollen ankle from the Southampton game as a result of the Romeu challenge. Saod he will give him as much time as possible the same as Shaw, but that doesn't seem too promising.
He was referring to Williams not Mason.

Squeaky Bumtime

Whole midfield is shattered. Definitely Matić should rest this one, Fred or Mct should start. Wan Bissaka has been in bad form last few games, probably due to fatigue so maybe Dalot should replace him. Bruno is running on reserve too but we cant really risk it and start with him on the bench... If Greenword cant start James should and it's not really nice to see all this hate James is getting, people giving up on him already. While he's not a first team material he's really a good squad option.

Reactions: Sultan

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Not a tall figure no, however he did use his foot to poke that one in, not really what's being talked about here.

Bednarek, who got the assist on their equaliser, is 1.9 meters (acc. to wikipedia). Would advise you to see their 2-2 goal, and then decide if that was worth calling out.

Edit: Also, why are you guys wumming about possible starters already? Seems a bit counterintuitive to the recent feeling around the club.

Cheers
The guy who nodded it on to him was pretty tall.
Ahh right, can't remember much of their goal to be honest.

SATA

What’s wrong with Daniel James? He was the shiny toy before Bruno came in, now he’s being discarded? I think tomorrow is the right time to start the likes of him and Scotty

Sylar

I've just read on the Man Utd app that Ole confirmed Mason has a swollen ankle from the Southampton game as a result of the Romeu challenge. Said he will give him as much time as possible the same as Shaw, but that doesn't seem too promising.
Absolutely ridiculous challenge as well. Should have been a red, and game over. Now we could be missing Mason or him not 100%? Annoying.

Vault Dweller

Absolutely ridiculous challenge as well. Should have been a red, and game over. Now we could be missing Mason or him not 100%? Annoying.
It was infuriating, just said in the Greenwood Performance thread too it was a disgraceful challenge. Ridiculous it got hardly any attention.

HowYouDoin

Dalot should play. The other option is Baily. Definitely not Fred. You need someone who will at least do defense well. I dont trust a midfielder to do that at all.

Alemar

If neither of Shaw and Williams are fit, play Laird. It’s better than playing Fred as a LB

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Whole midfield is shattered. Definitely Matić should rest this one, Fred or Mct should start. Wan Bissaka has been in bad form last few games, probably due to fatigue so maybe Dalot should replace him. Bruno is running on reserve too but we cant really risk it and start with him on the bench... If Greenword cant start James should and it's not really nice to see all this hate James is getting, people giving up on him already. While he's not a first team material he's really a good squad option.
The issue with how important this game is we can't afford to rest too many, I'd think Solskjaer's lost the plot if he rested the whole midfield, if we're resting them at any point it should be against Chelsea. I'd consider swapping Matic out for a game but that's it really. Also Dalot vs Zaha is just begging for trouble, he's so defensively suspect we'll just be under constant pressure down the right, I'd genuinely rather play Laird there.

I worry the referees will continue to let James be slammed into constantly this match, we've just lost one right winger unpunished and James hasn't had any protection at all off referees all season.

Dr Foo

I hope we don't see a familiar pattern to how we ended last season (though there has already been clear improvement) in terms of burning out due to injuries and fatigue of the first 11.

It's a fine balance between keeping a stable core of performing players and rotating where needed. Hope some of our usual starters can rekindle their form and energy for the last stretch, or we make some smart rotations. I guess the bigger issue is the drop off in quality when we rotate, which needs to be fixed

Reactions: Sultan

nikineil

I hope we don't see a familiar pattern to how we ended last season (though there has already been clear improvement) in terms of burning out due to injuries and fatigue of the first 11.

It's a fine balance between keeping a stable core of performing players and rotating where needed. Hope some of our usual starters can rekindle their form and energy for the last stretch, or we make some smart rotations. I guess the bigger issue is the drop off in quality when we rotate, which needs to be fixed
I get the need to rest players off and on in a regular season. But they've just had a 3 month break from football. It's almost like a pre season. Honestly don't get the reasoning of the players being knackered already.

romufc

Honestly don't get the reasoning of the players being knackered already.
Exactly, the point is the players are not fit. They have 3/4 days rest in between games, no difference to when playing PL, CL/EL, PL

We are not there with our fitness levels.

Ole said he doesn't want his team to be beaten on fitness, that is what happened Vs Southampton.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Please tell me he didn't call Martial "Anto"... "rashy" was bad enough

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I get the need to rest players off and on in a regular season. But they've just had a 3 month break from football. It's almost like a pre season. Honestly don't get the reasoning of the players being knackered already.
The 3 months break is what killed their match fitness.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
So what if he did? What is wrong with it? Klopp says "Bobby" Pep says "Kev", other managers do it too. I don't see anything wrong with it. Is it maybe because it is Ole so it is by default a big no no. Do you really expect him to say mr. Rashford, mr. Martial? Like when he smiles after draw or loss it's a crime, but when other managers do same defensive mechanism smile, they are funny, passionate...
Whatever he does it is not good enough for some..

Vault Dweller

So what if he did? What is wrong with it? Klopp says "Bobby" Pep says "Kev", other managers do it too. I don't see anything wrong with it. Is it maybe because it is Ole so it is by default a big no no. Do you really expect him to say mr. Rashford, mr. Martial? Like when he smiles after draw or loss it's a crime, but when other managers do same defensive mechanism smile, they are funny, passionate...
Whatever he does it is not good enough for some..
This is always going to be the case unfortunately.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Ole has really grown into the role of united manager. Talks with authority and confidence but refuses to get drawn into things that could be used against him by the press.

They were seeking "Ole slams City FFP ruling" and he just bats it gently to one side.

Squeaky Bumtime

The issue with how important this game is we can't afford to rest too many, I'd think Solskjaer's lost the plot if he rested the whole midfield, if we're resting them at any point it should be against Chelsea. I'd consider swapping Matic out for a game but that's it really. Also Dalot vs Zaha is just begging for trouble, he's so defensively suspect we'll just be under constant pressure down the right, I'd genuinely rather play Laird there.

I worry the referees will continue to let James be slammed into constantly this match, we've just lost one right winger unpunished and James hasn't had any protection at all off referees all season.
Agreed on all accounts. Certainly we can't rest the whole midfield cause the fall in quality is too big. We must go all in, with only Matić on the bench and get a result. Ideally we will have 2 or 3:0 in the 60 minute si we can sub our must important players.

hobbers

Feck rotating. If anything rotate in the Chelsea game. The Prem is way more important.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Greenwood could do with a rest. He will be targeted and needs to be protected. Defenders will let him have a reducer if they can get away with it.Romeu did!
Odion or James could easily deputise without the team losing firing power.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Can’t understand what fans obsession/problem is with this. How dare he bond with his players and staff.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Feck rotating. If anything rotate in the Chelsea game. The Prem is way more important.
Play the U23's, I couldn't care less about the FA cup if we risk injuring even the subs against Chelsea

I don't want rotation, unless the ones that started against Southampton can't play. James doesn't offer a lot more than Mata and Pereira.
He most certainly does.

Had our most assists this season before Bruno came. Without his purple patch we would’ve been below Arsenal and Spurs before signing Fernandes.