Solskjær press conference vs Palace (A)

Member 113277

Fred is left footed. That's the only connection he has to left back :lol:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Definitely no rotation.
Dan James shouldnt be anywhere near the squad, he was bought in to do one job the other night and failed.
Only potential is at left back - hopefully Shaw is back fit.
what did James fail at that cost us points?

Bondi77

I like Ole and I think he is doing a good job in that all the players seem to love playing for him but he is like watching paint dry in his pressers.
The Utd media team keep him on a real tight leash and he must be told in no uncertain terms that he is to say nothing controversial at these gatherings.

SirScholes

What’s wrong with Daniel James? He was the shiny toy before Bruno came in, now he’s being discarded? I think tomorrow is the right time to start the likes of him and Scotty
He’s shite mostly

shame because he seems to actually care, there is zero football intelligence there though

edcunited1878

That's pretty obvious that they are fitter, but the players are still human and not machines and do need proper rest and treatment. Just because they have 3 months "off" doesn't mean they can immediately turn on the switch and just hammer away two or 3 games per week and not feel the effects of it. Also, I don't know if the rules have allowed the players to receive their typical treatment at Carrington throughout match weeks. Are the players still supposed to show up to training in their training kit, get food, and change/shower at home?

SirAnderson

I like Ole and I think he is doing a good job in that all the players seem to love playing for him but he is like watching paint dry in his pressers.
The Utd media team keep him on a real tight leash and he must be told in no uncertain terms that he is to say nothing controversial at these gatherings.
Or maybe that just the way he likes to portray himself?
Strange, cause I find it much more refreshing that the drama queen that was Jose.
Honestly, no nonsense entertaining crap, and calm through it all with a smile. Just perfect.

SirScholes

I get the need to rest players off and on in a regular season. But they've just had a 3 month break from football. It's almost like a pre season. Honestly don't get the reasoning of the players being knackered already.
The level of intensity in training let alone match days was gone for 3 months

then all of sudden back with games every3 days and with so much on the line. I imagine the travel to and from away fixtures isn’t ideal either for recovery

I think they’d be tired anyway even without the break. the best squads rotate without losing quality, winning trophies as a result. Poor squads lose points to silly draws like we have Over the season

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
The level of intensity in training let alone match days was gone for 3 months

then all of sudden back with games every3 days and with so much on the line. I imagine the travel to and from away fixtures isn’t ideal either for recovery

I think they’d be tired anyway even without the break. the best squads rotate without losing quality, winning trophies as a result. Poor squads lose points to silly draws like we have Over the season
They are not tired!
They are not training intensively, the games are the training.
They are just lacking in conditioning as that's the thing that training improves.
No doubt they feel heavy by the end of the game but they are doing no more in terms of work than what they would normally do in a normal end of season.
The issue is the 3 months off without cardio conditioning, takes time to get it back.

Stretender

I don't want rotation, unless the ones that started against Southampton can't play. James doesn't offer a lot more than Mata and Pereira.
Thats why you are not
He’s shite mostly

shame because he seems to actually care, there is zero football intelligence there though
Daniel James has a big future here. First season only

NecssryEvil

The hate for James is... disappointing, big step up and few willing to give him time, kind of like Fred last year. I don’t see him pressing for the first team but I think, like Fred, he could be a useful sub and be a solid rotational starter in a fully functional team.

Hope the only rotation this game is Matic and LB since that appears necessary. Then hope Matic is fresh and inspired against his former team.

And, cuz I still have a little snark left in me from the reaction to Ole on Monday... if necessary I hope he can get the players to handle the high press the way the great and almighty Klopp‘s team did today against Arsenal.

Icemav

He most certainly does.

Had our most assists this season before Bruno came. Without his purple patch we would’ve been below Arsenal and Spurs before signing Fernandes.
Good to see some perpective. The guy has contributed. Definitely became less effective the less we played on the counter. Needs to develop his game of course and hopefully can put in a couple more good performances before the end of this season too. All of our bench need to step up if we are to see this out.

Icemav

The hate for James is... disappointing, big step up and few willing to give him time, kind of like Fred last year. I don’t see him pressing for the first team but I think, like Fred, he could be a useful sub and be a solid rotational starter in a fully functional team.

Hope the only rotation this game is Matic and LB since that appears necessary. Then hope Matic is fresh and inspired against his former team.

And, cuz I still have a little snark left in me from the reaction to Ole on Monday... if necessary I hope he can get the players to handle the high press the way the great and almighty Klopp‘s team did today against Arsenal.
Probably see Fred and James. Greenwood and Matic off the bench. Maybe Mata and Igalho too.

Bondi77

Or maybe that just the way he likes to portray himself?
Strange, cause I find it much more refreshing that the drama queen that was Jose.
Honestly, no nonsense entertaining crap, and calm through it all with a smile. Just perfect.
I know what you mean and I cannot stand Jose but I still watch his pressers because the guy cannot help himself.
I suppose it is like rubber necking when you drive past a car crash

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
He will step up as seasons roll by and with playing our new system. There is always a place for players with pace and even okayish ball control around the wings. Not worried. De Gea? Now that's a worry. But thats off topic.

Eleven-Eighteen

Nothing against our squad players, but expecting a significant decline in quality if we're not playing our first team. Ole is going to have to take inspiration from Sir Alex's tactical masterclass if he is to get results from our squad players. The nervousness around the Caf is palpable

Eleven-Eighteen

And this is exactly why we need the likes of Sancho + other quality players to provide real depth/ rotation options in our team