Solskjær press conference vs Paris (H)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Cavani’s post
“We have communicated with Edinson and he is really sorry for the mistake he’s made. No malicious intent at all, just an affectionate greeting for a friend.

He’s been asked by the FA to explain and we will support him. It’s one of those unfortunate situations where he’s just come into the country and in Uruguay it’s been used in a different way.

We support him, but we also support the FA. We want to be in the fight against discrimination. I’m sure Edinson has learned the hard way.”

Samid

Questions for The Don
Was it frustrating to have to remain patient? And what’s it like playing with Bruno Fernandes?

“I just work hard every day and I know I can give the team something extra, so I just remained patient.

It’s fine [playing with Fernandes]. I play in a lot of positions for Ajax, 8, 10 even Number 6, so I’m used to it. I play in a lot of different positions.”

Samid

Injury update
“The training group today was a big one, everyone wants to be involved and everyone has held their hands up for selection.

David de Gea has trained and will be available for selection.”

Samid

'We want to win the group'
“The quicker you qualify the better. We want to win the group, we go out there in our style with attacking intent and defending well against a top team, of course.

Our mindset is to win the game and win the group.”

Samid

More on Cavani
“He is ready to play and of course it’s special for him to play against PSG, his old club where he is the top scorer, so that will affect him mentally.

But from knowing him, that will give him energy. He is so professional. And he will work on his mindset today to get ready for the game.

He has learned a lesson. It might affect him, but he will have to put that to one side when the game is on. The best players can put those things aside.”

Samid

The Don on Cavani
“ I think it’s really important [to have him], especially for me, as it gives you extra space in the box as defenders look more for these strikers.

It gives extra space for our midfielders.”

Samid

Solskjaer asked about Haaland
“He will beat it [Solskjaer’s scoring record] very easily.

The boy was great to work with and some part of me feels proud to have a little input in such a rise and I’m sure Erling will score many goals in the Champions League.“

Norwegian journos should be banned from the pressers. Asking nonsense questions every week.

Samid

Solskjaer asked about title challenge
“You lose the chance to win or lose the title in the first eight to 10 games if you don’t keep up with the pack. But we don’t win it in those games.

We’ve recuperated and we’re just behind the top teams at the moment, but we want to be there in April or May. Now is the time to improve and develop and if we can keep up there, then great.

Now our focus is on the Champions League and we want to win our group.

We can talk as much as we like and give players belief, that belief in their performances and what we do day-in, day-out, like Donny next to me has the attitude of ‘every day is important’.

I feel my squad is ready to do better than last season. Last season we were the best of the rest so let’s see if we can move up the table.“

Samid

Solskjaer jokes about Cavani request
“He has already learned two English words - tomorrow, off. He wants a day off after a win.

When we win a game he already knows that one!

Samid

Solskjaer brushes off transfer talk
“Here we go... on the eve of an important game against PSG and we’re talking transfers.

With our additions in the summer and last time in January, I don’t think it’s right for me to start commenting on the transfer window already.

Let’s see where we are in January. I’ve got selection issues already!”

Samid

Martial v Cavani debate
“I think there’s only one position here that we can only say is between Dean and David. The rest have got ability to play in different positions.

Anthony, Marcus, Mason, Edinson even... they can play in any positions in the front four. There is tactical reasons about whether it’s Anthony, Marcus, Mason or Edinson down the middle. Sometimes it’s two of them.“

Samid

How to improve players
“We start up as coaches and you end up sometimes as a manager and your aim is to get the maximum about every individual player.

You try to give him advice and help him, but deep down the player decides how good they can become. If they have the determination and ability to learn, of course we’re here.

But to give them a chance to develop, you have to give them a chance to play. I’m here to help the players but also to help the club.”

Samid

Last question on Cavani
Solskjaer is asked about his comment calling Cavani a ‘viking’ and a ‘warrior’ in the past....

“We never give in, us vikings. It was a little bit unfair to Edinson, but it was a compliment because I always look at players’ ability to play even if you don’t have a perfect day.

We know he’s got talent and I could have spoken about his predatory instincts as a striker but what I noticed what his ability to be a team player, which we’ve already seen here with his work rate.

His running stats show him top of the Premier League, which at 33 tells you everything.”

Gator Nate

Solskjaer brushes off transfer talk
“Here we go... on the eve of an important game against PSG and we’re talking transfers.

With our additions in the summer and last time in January, I don’t think it’s right for me to start commenting on the transfer window already.

Let’s see where we are in January. I’ve got selection issues already!”
These are the lines from Ole's press conference that make me love his style. Blow off the transfer question by praising the squad. Two birds with one stone and build up what you have. Everyone knows that the transfer season never really ends and any team not working on things now will get caught out during the window, but Ole knows that this is neither the time nor the place to discuss it. Just love the way he handles it.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The Don on Cavani
“ I think it’s really important [to have him], especially for me, as it gives you extra space in the box as defenders look more for these strikers.

It gives extra space for our midfielders.”
Ain't that the truth.

theklr

Solskjaer asked about Haaland
“He will beat it [Solskjaer’s scoring record] very easily.

The boy was great to work with and some part of me feels proud to have a little input in such a rise and I’m sure Erling will score many goals in the Champions League.“

Norwegian journos should be banned from the pressers. Asking nonsense questions every week.
Is it like a rule that journos with the same nationality as a manager always are allowed to ask questions?

And what media institution is that journo from?

Im suprised noone pressed further on his whimsical team news answer.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Is it like a rule that journos with the same nationality as a manager always are allowed to ask questions?

And what media institution is that journo from?

Im suprised noone pressed further on his whimsical team news answer.
Depends on the nation probably. Norway is a tiny football country in terms of achievements, so when we have both the manager that the biggest club, and the best striker in the world curretntly (Im pretending Lewandowski doesnt exist now), there's going to be some ego stroking.

Norwegian journalists are experts at asking questions that makes Norwegians feel good about Norway.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
These are the lines from Ole's press conference that make me love his style. Blow off the transfer question by praising the squad. Two birds with one stone and build up what you have. Everyone knows that the transfer season never really ends and any team not working on things now will get caught out during the window, but Ole knows that this is neither the time nor the place to discuss it. Just love the way he handles it.
Mourinho & Conte: feck the board!

saivet

Decent enough press conference. Any update on other injuries apart from De Gea? Are Pogba and McTominay available again?

stu_1992

Questions for The Don
Was it frustrating to have to remain patient? And what’s it like playing with Bruno Fernandes?

“I just work hard every day and I know I can give the team something extra, so I just remained patient.

It’s fine [playing with Fernandes]. I play in a lot of positions for Ajax, 8, 10 even Number 6, so I’m used to it. I play in a lot of different positions.”
Don't sound too enthusiastic anyway Donny. :lol:

Shimo

Decent enough press conference. Any update on other injuries apart from De Gea? Are Pogba and McTominay available again?
On the United app it says in update from Ole that DDG should be available for selection, so should Martial, Pogba and Telles. Didn't mention McTominay though. Said Luke Shaw is the biggest doubt but, rest are all holding up their hands ready.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I liked his presser today. Also liked that he shut down Mark Ogden :lol:

Bondi77

We have Diallio coming in January as a RW....this is what Ole should have said and it would have killed the b/s that the idiots will bring up about Sancho coming in.