Solskjær press conference vs Red Bull (H)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

These two will address the media shortly. That’s one nailed on starter confirmed.

Samid

McTominay on Champions League challenge
"With a big win on Wednesday, it would be massive for everybody and the confidence that we are getting each week, and match by match, it would be really beneficial for the squad.

There’s no point going away to Paris, when it is a big game and the whole world is watching, and doing really well, and then not playing as well or doing all the right things that got you the win in Paris at home against Leipzig.”

Samid

Building on PSG
“We look at every single game as a chance to get three points and in the group stage of four teams, you’d think 10 points will get you through. To get to 10 points as quick as we can is our aim.”

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
13:36KEY EVENT
Building on PSG
The first question is to Solskjaer about building on the win vs PSG.
“We look at every single game as a chance to get three points and in the group stage of four teams, you’d think 10 points will get you through.
To get to 19 points as quick as we can is our aim.”

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Building on PSG
“We look at every single game as a chance to get three points and in the group stage of four teams, you’d think 10 points will get you through. To get to 10 points as quick as we can is our aim.”
Somebody pressed the wrong number button on mine. :lol:

Samid

Team news
Solskjaer says there are a few knocks and doubts but nothing major, when asked for injury news.

Samid

Solskjaer on Fred
“He’s a very valuable member of the squad, great boy around the team and his performances have been very positive. He’s still getting used to the Premier League.

You can see with his fitness and performances, he and Scott are great assets to the squad.”

Samid

Solskjaer on rotation
“We are in special circumstances. We play every two or three days relentlessly until the end of the season. Then there’s Euros and a new season.

Of course any chance to give players a breather would be welcome. You don’t want to push players too much as there’s a risk of injury. That human side is gonna be big this season. We need to look after the boys, that’s our job as coaches and managers.”

Samid

On Red Bull
“They have improved every season. They’re doing well and now going for the trophies.

They have a young and interesting coach who is interesting to watch. They’re interesting to follow at the moment.”

Samid

Midfield dilemma and balance
“It’s going to be a long season and the depth of our squad is better now. Last game Donny, Nemanja and Paul all started on the bench - they’re all experienced international footballers. It’s not easy.

But we have so many games this season and they’re all going to play a big part, nobody will be able to play all of them. They work well as a team, is it two, three or four? And who’s on form? Who needs a break?”

Samid

McTominay on midfield
“When we play different rotations in midfield I feel like we’re all capable of playing with each other. There’s not just one stereotype of who plays with who.

The manager is dead right that sometimes certain players need a break and we’re all happy to play with each other. We’re all adaptable in how we play.“

Samid

'It's not easy to leave players out'
“I’ve been part of a successful Man United team myself and we had two players for each position. The most successful teams have that, who have been winning trophies.

It’s difficult to leave players out, but I don’t feel that pressure. The pressure is on results. You have to play the next two, three, four games. It’s a nice problem to have, I’d rather have that one than play players who aren’t ready for the Premier League.”

Samid

McTominay on hectic schedule
“Our pre-season was very minimal, that’s just how it panned out with the virus.

So games are a good chance to get fit, now we’re starting to see proper fitness levels and everyone is now focussed on getting in the team and staying there.”

Samid

Solskjaer on Red Bull threat
“Of course we’ve followed Leipzig the last few years especially in Europe. I know Julian is very adaptable, but the style is always high tempo, high pressure.

They can play in many different ways, but our focus is on giving them problems as well as solving what problems they give us.”

Samid

'The topic at the moment is Donny van de Beek'
“When players come into a new team, a new league it’s always going to be a time that he adapts.

When Donny has played, he’s played really well. It says a lot about our depth of quality in the squad that we don’t have to use him every game. It also says everything about our ambitions.

Donny is going to play a big big part this year. I know at the moment the topic is Donny van de Beek.

It’s nice for some players and commentators and redcafe posters to have a little go, but you have to know that you don’t have to start the first three games to be a very important player in the squad. He’s going to be important, don’t worry about that.”
*he may not have said the redcafe posters bit

Samid

McTominay: No panic over Van de Beek
“You see Donny come into training every day with a big smile on his face. I’m so confident Donny will become a big figure in this team.

Along with Alex and Edinson they have lifted the dressing room. You can see that with how Alex played in Paris and what Donny’s done when he’s been on the pitch. There’s no panic with Donny. Let him settle into the league, settle into his new house and the season.”

Samid

Solskjaer on Upamecano
“There’s always rumours and speculation about other players and Manchester United. I don’t want to comment on every player we’re linked to.

But since we’re playing against him... he’s a very good player and we can see him up close tomorrow.”

Grande

“When players come into a new team, a new league it’s always going to be a time that he adapts.

When Donny has played, he’s played really well. It says a lot about our depth of quality in the squad that we don’t have to use him every game. It also says everything about our ambitions.

Donny is going to play a big big part this year. I know at the moment the topic is Donny van de Beek.

It’s nice for some players and commentators and redcafe posters to have a little go, but you have to know that you don’t have to start the first three games to be a very important player in the squad. He’s going to be important, don’t worry about that.”
He disn’t really say ‘redcafé posters’, did he? ... No fecking way! :lol:

Skeezix

Glad Ole acknowledge the Caf as part of the Coaching staff. We're proper scouts and analysts ya know.

Glorio

Hahahaha! The white text got me!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Withnail

:lol:

podurban2

What? This is his 3rd season now.

Forget about seeing Van de Beek before 2022.
Nah, as one poster believes he will be loaned out by Christmas. So we will probably see him in a Sheffield United shirt.

UbicaMekogSrca

Supports
FK Sloboda
Old Man always have mantra with 11 points. I think we can donit tgat.

United58

Solskjaer on Upamecano
“There’s always rumours and speculation about other players and Manchester United. I don’t want to comment on every player we’re linked to.

But since we’re playing against him... he’s a very good player and we can see him up close tomorrow.”
He's flirting :drool:

Web of Bissaka

Yes! Ole paid attention to the caf!

Wonder which account his is... unless he's a stalker