Solskjær press conference vs Roma (A)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
'We have to listen to the fans' voice'
"It was a difficult day for us. Of course we wanted to play, to beat Liverpool for the fans.

Our job is getting good results on the pitch. But as I said before the game, we have to listen, to hear the fans' voice.

It's everyone's right to protest but it has to be in a civilised manner. But unfortunately when you break in, when police officers are scarred for life, that's a step too far. Then it's a police matter, it's not about showing your opinions anymore."

Samid

Solskjaer on squad's focus
"Of course my focus has to be on the results. But you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see we have challenges to be dealt with.

Other individuals have started communicating with fans' groups, which is going to be massive for us going forward. I would be sad if all the good work the players have gone got disrupted. Our focus is on playing well and getting to a final now."

Samid

Solskjaer asked to send message to fans
"Of course we want to listen. It has to be in a peaceful manner, it's important. Please voice your opinions. We know as a club we need to communicate better. I can refer back to the apologies, it came out wrong and it was the wrong thing to do.

I know our fans want a team that is likable, playing attacking football, scoring goals, winning trophies and being humble — that can identify back with them.

My job is the results. We want to get back to winning trophies, we haven't won for a while and that's something we're working on. I'm sure fans can see what the players are doing."

Samid

Squad fitness
"We've got a great fitness staff. It's been a process since we came in. We brought in some young staff when I came.

We brought in some robustness. A winning Man United team has players that can play 40, 50 games per season at a high standard. That is lifestyle, it's training. It's about when you're not playing, to get complete match fitness."

Samid

'Sunday was a challenge'
"Sunday was more of a day off, a mental challenge. It changes the whole plan but you've got to be adaptable. In this world now, you can't just think the fixture list from August isn't going to change. The boys have been fantastic to get through various challenges."

Samid

Solskjaer reveals apology from Glazers
"I know communication has started between other individuals and me. This is a difficult position, for me, because I've got to focus on the football. I'm sure there will be better communication coming."

Samid

Solskjaer wary of Roma comeback
"We're not going to play on the result, we're going to play to win that game. That's the only way I think we can play this game. Of course there might be one or two changes in the selection, but we have to get into the final.

Everyone says it's done but I've seen bigger upsets than this. Roma beat Barcelona in a second leg after being 4-1 down."

Samid

'It hasn't been helped by certain individuals'
"The right to protest peacefully, everyone has got a human right to be heard. But it has to be peacefully. When you step out of line, when you break onto the pitch and into dressing rooms, that is not nice. And it's not been helped by certain individuals, that is your (the media) end of it."

Seems like Gary Neville is dead to Ole too.

Samid

Solskjaer on Greenwood
"The Liverpool game was going to be his 100th game and we spoke about getting the winner in that.

We've spoken about whether he's going to be wide right, or be a No.9, because you've got to stick your head in there. He's a pretty boy and I'm not sure if he's going to do that. Keep doing what he does, he's got a very bright future, I'm sure of that."

red4ever 79

Solskjaer reveals apology from Glazers
"I know communication has started between other individuals and me. This is a difficult position, for me, because I've got to focus on the football. I'm sure there will be better communication coming."

Feck me, it's more than the fans have got.

Samid

Update on Cavani talks
"We've had some good chats lately and even though the decision is still in his court, I'm still hopeful.

And maybe even more so when you saw him on Thursday against Rome, and telling him 'when you do that in front of the Stretford End, that's magic'."

red4ever 79

"It was a difficult day for us. Of course we wanted to play, to beat Liverpool for the fans.

Our job is getting good results on the pitch. But as I said before the game, we have to listen, to hear the fans' voice.

It's everyone's right to protest but it has to be in a civilised manner. But unfortunately when you break in, when police officers are scarred for life, that's a step too far. Then it's a police matter, it's not about showing your opinions anymore."
Did anyone ask Ole about the two videos of Police brutality to the fans?

Samid

Solskjaer: 'I've had backing'
"Sometimes frictions and challenges can move things forward. The last few weeks have been tough.

I've had backing, I have to say. I've been put in charge and I'm responsible for the footballing matters, and I understand fans want to see trophies and progress.

Hopefully we can get to a final tomorrow, that's the short-term fix, then we'll take it from there."

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Solskjaer on Greenwood
"The Liverpool game was going to be his 100th game and we spoke about getting the winner in that.

We've spoken about whether he's going to be wide right, or be a No.9, because you've got to stick your head in there. He's a pretty boy and I'm not sure if he's going to do that. Keep doing what he does, he's got a very bright future, I'm sure of that."
Did Ole insinuate Greenwood doesn't like to get his head in the 12 yard box there?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Was that apology in writing ? because I've never heard those feckers speak.

Nickelodeon

Solskjaer on Greenwood

Say what?

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Solskjaer on Greenwood

:lol:
Ole woke up and chose violence

Samid

Fernandes on his Sunday experience
"The most important is that everyone has something to say. The most important thing is the team and we have a good group.

It was completely different, that was the fans and players, it was really different to Sunday. I don’t want to compare. I don’t want to remember that, what happened on Sunday is past.

I was in my room watching Udinese v Juventus. I didn’t try to go outside. I did what security said and stayed in my room."

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Fernandes on his Sunday experience
"The most important is that everyone has something to say. The most important thing is the team and we have a good group.

It was completely different, that was the fans and players, it was really different to Sunday. I don’t want to compare. I don’t want to remember that, what happened on Sunday is past.

I was in my room watching Udinese v Juventus. I didn’t try to go outside. I did what security said and stayed in my room."
:lol:

Red_toad

Bravo excellent answer. Really feel for Ole having to be the front man for the owners at this time, it's going be a very difficult time for him and the team. I hope the owners can find a resolution quickly, as dragging the entire club into constant protests and disruptions, isn't healthy for the club at all.

lysglimt

Scout
They can't all be like Vidic or Bruce :) No idea how many times Bruce did his nose

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Ole is dealing with this as well as expected. He shouldn't have to answer for the owners.

Real Name

Again a great presser and again some will find something wrong to attack him about that.

Samid

Fernandes hungry to stay a regular
“I hope to play more than 50 [games] next season again. When you play for a club like this your standards have to be high.

Roma was not my best game but on numbers everyone will say it’s the best I’ve done. Two goals and two assists: it's the first time I’ve done that."

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

He's bang on there.

Let's hope the protesters show a little more restraint next time because if it's anything like the last one, it will likely turn people against us rather than support the cause.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Solskjaer on Greenwood

Just how do you react when your manager tells you to "stick your head in there", then calls you a "pretty boy" shortly after?

Interpretation is key here. Good luck, Mason.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Just how do you react when your manager tells you to "stick your head in there", then calls you a "pretty boy" shortly after?

Interpretation is key here. Good luck, Mason.
I don't mind Ole being tough with him. After his issues, I think this is what Greenwood actually needs

bosskeano

a week off this late in the season was a blessing for the players and a great way to build into this second leg to ensure we get to the final.....top four isn't really in doubt any longer so all the focus needs to be on winning this trophy

hubbuh

He's bang on there.

Let's hope the protesters show a little more restraint next time because if it's anything like the last one, it will likely turn people against us rather than support the cause.
I doubt it. The vast, vast majority of fans appear to be well onside. The only slight hint of opposition has been from the odd blert on RAWK and the doughy fanny on here who's afternoon was spoiled. One copper getting a slight injury doesn't detract from anything, although obviously it'd be better if that hadn't happened.

Gator Nate

Fernandes hungry to stay a regular
“I hope to play more than 50 [games] next season again. When you play for a club like this your standards have to be high.

Roma was not my best game but on numbers everyone will say it’s the best I’ve done. Two goals and two assists: it's the first time I’ve done that."
I love every part of this answer.