Solskjær press conference vs Spurs (H)

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
What is this about?
Apparently The Sun claims he’s spoken to the players and told them that losses against Spurs and City will cost him his job!

Imagine that talk eh?
“ Please lads, don’t feck up or I’m gone,” he said with tears in his eyes

red_de_pologne

Openly calling Tottenham a better side.. I don't know.. just doesn't feel right, I know it is true but still, even if we're more comfortable as underdogs it's just not right, we shouldn't be.

Seems oblivious to what is could be going on with regards to his sacking, like Moyes, or LVG were, it's not all that rosy with Woodward

ants7

There's nothing left of the man who was signed as an interim manager - talked about the United way, attacking way etc. This is all gone and replaced with "in progress" and "in the future"... Terrible fall.

El Presidente

Are United really serious about keeping Ole long term?
I guess those were the board's intentions but he's really making it hard for them. I predict that after this weekend when we lose heavily to City, fans will look at the table and see that we are around 14th halfway through the season and then it will start to get ugly.

Many on here think that he will finish the season no matter what, but I can't see it. He's that terrible.
Btw that just shows how bad the board and the higher management are. They've found the perfect guy for them - cheap, not demanding, fan favorite. And yet they failed him so badly it's like it was on purpose. Sad, really.

It's not like the standards have dropped, at this point they don't even exist.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Ok, maybe it would be better for him to just say "I'm shite".
No, it wouldn't. Obviously. He's supposed to defend himself in the best possible way. Yet, it's a big contrast to what he was saying when he could still shift all the blame onto Mourinho. In his presser at the end of last season, he was telling us that "the table seldom lies". Now, after a full preseason and a transfer window, it's all about fine margins.

Withnail

Not really delusional, there's been a fair few draws where we have thrown away leads or missed penalties to win the game.
I know people want him out but fair is fair. We have drawn games we should have won due to the odd worldie, a fair few individual errors and as you say missed penos.

Withnail

He does realize that he actually is now full time manager and has been in charge for nearly a year?
He was obviously asked a question about the league position or state of the club when he took it over and he batted it away stating he'd been in charge for 50 games which means yes he does realise that. He also says the current league position isn't good enough.

Withnail

Openly calling Tottenham a better side.. I don't know.. just doesn't feel right, I know it is true but still, even if we're more comfortable as underdogs it's just not right, we shouldn't be.

Seems oblivious to what is could be going on with regards to his sacking, like Moyes, or LVG were, it's not all that rosy with Woodward
He's talking about 'the better sides' in the league. He never said Spurs were a better side than United.

OleTheGreat

Unless we think about going out there and teaching Jose a lesson, we not gonna get this. I hardly think we are better than that Spurs team and with Jose at the helm now, I think he knows how poor we are and are only good in counter attacking situations. He'll as usual ask his players to sit deep and then push us deep in our half. He knows we'll panic more in our own half and gift them a goal or two. This can either be disastrous or we might just get away if we score first and then keep the attack going throughout the game. It's not going to be easy for us.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Concerned by form?
We’ve had too many draws for my liking, defeats of course, but draws we should have turned into wins and football is a results business, not happy know we can do better and are working hard, the work is always geared on us improving but we’re not getting all the results we’ve deserved.
:lol:

We were fortunate to get draws against Sheffield United and Villa.

Paul_Scholes18

We need Mctominay for this one. With bloody Pereira in midfield things will not work. 1-1 is my early prediction.

OleTheGreat

I'm tired of all the drama that happens around Old Trafford. For God's sake, let's go out there and play some quality football. We're always talking about players or the manager. For heaven's sake we cannot string a few passes together before approaching the goal. It's been 6 years since SAF left us and since then we've played some slow shit football and it's really worrying. Forget Moyes but i cannot understand the likes of LVG and Jose not getting what they want. We haven't looked like a team in a long time and when we have won, it has never been a dominating performance. We always get lucky with a few touches. I don't know if the training has been the same for the last 6 years or we do not actually have quality players in this club anymore. It pains me to say, i watch United games with a lot of pessimism in my mind and have never thought we'll definitely win a game even if it was the easiest opponent. SAF used to field teams that had players playing in different positions and yet they did well because they were happy about donning the United shirt but we have lost all the charm in the last 6 years and i think we're not a club that scores loads of goals and makes impossible situations possible. It is so difficult to see the slump we are in now. I hate the way we get up field and our forward and midfield players are not good enough. Not to mention our defense is getting better but we actually shouldn't be worried a lot about defending but attack all the time. Good God, our attacks are snail slow and sideways and so scary. We pass like every pass is a winner and we hardly get up field when we do get on the ball. Apart from Pogba, i don't see one player who can actually run through a defense and get the ball into dangerous areas and also i hardly see scrappy winners. It pains me to say that probably only SAF can fix this or we're in dire need of a manager who can pump Klopp like energy into this team and bring that positive vibes back in the game.

Need DOF!
Need Quality Players!
Need Leaders!
Need Cohesion!
BE BRAVE!
BE UNITED!

Last edited:

red_de_pologne

He's talking about 'the better sides' in the league. He never said Spurs were a better side than United.
He's talking about proving yourself against some of the better sides in the league, being Manchester United manager before Tottenham home, feels .. wrong to me.

romufc

:lol:

We were fortunate to get draws against Sheffield United and Villa.
Does he think fans believe him, or does he think the more he keeps repeating it him and the players will believe the narrative?

We are not improving, in fact we are actually digressing. I say this because, Dan James, Maguire, AWB started well and they all have fallen into the same habits as the rest of the squad.

This is poor from Ole.

El Zoido

Anyone else want to take five minutes off hating our manager, to support the side? It’s unbearable following United these days, not even for the performances, you just can’t turn a corner without seeing a new hot take about how desperate we all are to get rid of him. I just want to support the team, rain or shine. I support Ole while he’s still here, hope we can win this.

Ban

Pogba is still a bit away ffs. He has been a bit away for a month or 2.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Anyone else want to take five minutes off hating our manager, to support the side? It’s unbearable following United these days, not even for the performances, you just can’t turn a corner without seeing a new hot take about how desperate we all are to get rid of him. I just want to support the team, rain or shine. I support Ole while he’s still here, hope we can win this.
Never. For months, he has made watching Utd a miserable experience for me.

"Long term plan, we're just unlucky" over & over. He's the one who's unbearable. He deserves every last bit.

The Bloody-Nine

What actually is the diagnosis on him? Tansfermarket just says "Ankle problems" with no estimated return date.
No one seems to know. The conspiracy theory is that he's faking so he doesn't get injured before leaving in the winter window.

Inigo Montoya

Yeah, two more games where we threw away leads (deserved or not).
It’s not about ‘deserved ‘. Liverpool win games they look more likely to draw and drew with us when it seemed more likely to lose. It’s about showing that bit of character, concentration and resolve.

We’re a talented side but we lack character at times. To be up there you have to show that 100% of the time.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
There's just no fecking way Pogba can still be that injured to not feature at all. Surely?

Madness

Inigo Montoya

No one seems to know. The conspiracy theory is that he's faking so he doesn't get injured before leaving in the winter window.
He’s training ok I’ve heard but not ready for a competitive game yet. He’ll be kicked from pillar to post in his first game back so that ankle needs to able to withstand some rough treatment

Withnail

Nobody knows.
They've been saying he wouldn't be back 'til sometime in December for while now and being back in time for City wasn't a given.

When did he get the cast off? Around two weeks ago wasn't it?

They said it would be two weeks after from getting the cast off that he could start training. Ole said today something along the lines of he'd see how he goes on grass so that suggests to me that he will be starting training soon or has already started.

It's a case of how he reacts now to that training but it shouldn't be too long.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
What actually is the diagnosis on him? Tansfermarket just says "Ankle problems" with no estimated return date.
He had a foot injury before. He was stupidly rushed back vs Rochdale and he injured himself again.

The club are now rightly making sure he's fully fit so there's no chance of it happening again. He was originally pencilled in for a December return.

He has now had the brace taken off his foot for a few weeks, so I imagine he's training to get his fitness back. He shouldn't be too far away now i reckon.

Ban

They've been saying he wouldn't be back 'til sometime in December for while now and being back in time for City wasn't a given.

When did he get the cast off? Around two weeks ago wasn't it?

They said it would be two weeks after from getting the cast off that he could start training. Ole said today something along the lines of he'd see how he goes on grass so that suggests to me that he will be starting training soon or has already started.

It's a case of how he reacts now to that training but it shouldn't be too long.
I believe you.

Inigo Montoya

There's just no fecking way Pogba can still be that injured to not feature at all. Surely?

Madness
Well there can. It’s a structural injury and if ligaments were damaged, there’s no way that heals quick.
We’re so bad in midfield;Ole would play him if he was right

Eriku

I reckon there’s a big silent majority who’d prefer that to reading the same recycled bullshit day in day out. I, for one, agree.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They said December. What is it about the timescale that people can’t grasp?
Idefinately don't want to believe that he's faking an injury, but if he doesn't play all month and ends up leaving us in January, do you reckon it's a bit suspicious?

Hopefully none of that happens of course, we need him to come back so we don't have to see Pereira anywhere near the midfield. I'm just curious how this will actually play out with no set return date fixed. We are in December after all, which is his expected return month.

red4ever 79

Looking forward to January window?
I don’t wanna talk about all the injuries we’ve had but when you get Scott back, when you get Paul back, we have been light in midfield, with three out for such a long time and that’s affected us.
Ah right so no signings in Jan then.

Bestietom

He is only repeating what Mourinho said to make Woody aware that we need a huge investment into this squad of players, and get rid of the deadwood.