Solskjær press conference vs Spurs (H)

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Agreed.

The way in which Ole addresses the media and press conferences is unchanged from when he first took over but because a number of fans have turned on him they no longer like this style.
This is not a criticism against you or a way to jump on Ole for no reasons but when he uses the same approach in his pressers no matter the circumstances (read results) it will create more questions then answers. Common sense.

As long as our results is close or above expectations he can say whatever he wants, that’s how it works.

Anyway I don’t agree with you regarding being the same because last season from December to Mars his approach was different. At that time he was full of optimism and his belief was different. Today? Yada yada yada....

red4ever 79

Just watched Oles press conference, he looked a beaten man to me. He looked to be trying to sound positive with the “we are working hard” comments but there is no sign of the bullishness he had when he took over.. “we are Manchester United, we have good players” i will be successful her - etc etc
i really hope he turns this round but I’m not feeling it from him now. Hes only human and must be feeling the pressure.
Cant see him being in charge come next Monday. I can see us taking 1 point in the next 2 matches.

Zen86

Or maybe he just doesn't fancy saying 'aye we are gonna sign 3 new players next month' at this point. He doesn't actually need to say anything about signings to the media at every single turn, he will be judged on whether or not we actually do sign anyone.
Sure he is. He’s supposed to say the squad is shit, we’re desperate for signings and we have lots of money to spend. That’s how transfer business is conducted.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It’s that time of year, never nice to see your colleagues lose your job in a very short space of time, some of them, you can talk about VAR all day long, don’t know reasons about the sackings at different clubs. But one result, Southampton, Watford with the handball, and we’re talking about something completely different. Sometimes you have luck, sometimes you don’t. But it doesn’t make me any more concerned that it is December.
My english isn't perfect, but this looks like it's written by some drunk person. It doesn't make any sense.

dev1l

Sure he is. He’s supposed to say the squad is shit, we’re desperate for signings and we have lots of money to spend. That’s how transfer business is conducted.
Whatever he says is twisted around in order to fit a negative narrative.
Sad.

mu4c_20le

The pressure seems to be getting to him, some serious bollocks being spoken there by Ole. Sad to see.
I dunno he seemed very relaxed to me, almost like someone woke him up in the middle of his afternoon nap just to do this presser.

Zen86

Whatever he says is twisted around in order to fit a negative narrative.
Sad.
Indeed. If he said these things, people would criticise him for it anyway. He can’t win.

Elements of our fanbase really are pathetic.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
We have him a three year contract so the answer would be yes sir.
Right this is a genuine question, no trolling, why aren’t the fans in serious rebellion. I don’t mean focus on Ole but about the ownership and Woody? Most other supporter would respect it.

arthurka

Right this is a genuine question, no trolling, why aren’t the fans in serious rebellion. I don’t mean focus on Ole but about the ownership and Woody? Most other supporter would respect it.
Who knows, Ole I get the fans wouldn't go against him. But why Ed and the Glazers aren't getting hammered every single game is a strange one support the team but this lot really needs a good wake up call. The way this club is being run is embarrassing to say the least.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Who knows, Ole I get the fans wouldn't go against him. But why Ed and the Glazers aren't getting hammered every single game is a strange one support the team but this lot really needs a good wake up call. The way this club is being run is embarrassing to say the least.
I don’t think any genuine opposition fan is laughing at United, if anything were just seeing the coal face of what football is becoming, this could happen to any club the fact that it’s United doesn’t give me any pleasure. It’s why I respect Levy so much, you can say what you want about penny pinching but he is trying to make us an Elite club.

fps

Absolutly irelevant when Mctominay comes back, he brings nothing for the team, he is even worse than Herrera was and he is on level with Fred.

But I actually start to believe that Pogba is somehow prolonging his comeback and he waits for transfer window, because he is out for more than two months now and its just ankle/foot injury. He didnt break anything and Ole didnt say anthing about ligaments, so what could be so wrong with his foot that he will be out for almost 3 months?
Let’s be honest. You don’t have a clue what his injury is. You know literally nothing about it. He is paid a fortune, and by all accounts is a good professional. If he was fit, he’d be playing, like every other top player.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
Allthough I am sure Ole is not good enough to be our manager, he is a club legend. The blame is not on him, it is on the owners, they are the problem. Woodward is their man, target him and try get his stupid ass out of the club. Because as long as he is calling any of the shots we are doomed. Remember that Woodward is the the guy overseen and helped these Glazers to take over the club. Maybe he was promised his current role for the duration of their ownership as long as they were making a profit.? He has brought lots of cash into the club, but I certainly cannot see any direction on the football side of things but plenty on the commercial side. I hope they are up for selling the club soon.

arthurka

I don’t think any genuine opposition fan is laughing at United, if anything were just seeing the coal face of what football is becoming, this could happen to any club the fact that it’s United doesn’t give me any pleasure. It’s why I respect Levy so much, you can say what you want about penny pinching but he is trying to make us an Elite club.
No it easy to see how much the owners matter. You only have to look into Liverpool under Gillett and Hicks v how they are under Fenway. Levy is doing a fantastic job at Spurs and has certainly changed how Spurs are looked upon.

RedDevil@84

The good ol days of Jose press conference is back in caf.
Just like Jose, he is damned regardless of whatever he says in a press conference

USREDEVIL

Allthough I am sure Ole is not good enough to be our manager, he is a club legend. The blame is not on him, it is on the owners, they are the problem. Woodward is their man, target him and try get his stupid ass out of the club. Because as long as he is calling any of the shots we are doomed. Remember that Woodward is the the guy overseen and helped these Glazers to take over the club. Maybe he was promised his current role for the duration of their ownership as long as they were making a profit.? He has brought lots of cash into the club, but I certainly cannot see any direction on the football side of things but plenty on the commercial side. I hope they are up for selling the club soon.
Ok but how the feck do you get Woody or the Glazers out of the club? Planes and shit aint gonna do it.

always_hoping

Position of club when Mourinho left
Can’t remember league position but I’ve had now 50 games since then and it isn’t where it should have been and isn’t where we want to be and have to improve, working hard to do that right and when you change manager halfway through the season isn’t where it wants to be.
Jose left united 11 points off 4th. After getting just 26 points from 17 games. Currently United 18 points from 14 games and 8 points off 4th. By 17 games it will highly likely that United will be worse than this time last year.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
We have deserved the results we have got. We have barely deserved to win. Delusional.
This is factually incorrect. I have the data to prove it. If I can be arsed sometime soon Ill make a detailed post about it.

Sterling Archer

This is factually incorrect. I have the data to prove it. If I can be arsed sometime soon Ill make a detailed post about it.
Can you do one with Ole's time at Molde as well? Especially some of the more recent seasons where he finished 6th, goes to Cardiff to relegate them while a new manager wins the title with Molde, then Ole goes back to lead them back to 6th and then 5th the season after? Can also include his final two seasons finishing 2nd by a not insignificant distance off first.

Basically, has it always been margins and luck that kept Ole from being the most winning manager ever and stuff?

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Can you do one with Ole's time at Molde as well? Especially some of the more recent seasons where he finished 6th, goes to Cardiff to relegate them while a new manager wins the title with Molde, then Ole goes back to lead them back to 6th and then 5th the season after? Can also include his final two seasons finishing 2nd by a not insignificant distance off first.

Basically, has it always been margins and luck that kept Ole from being the most winning manager ever and stuff?
@Tom Cato GG.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Worried about being sacked?
No it doesn’t make me more concerned, I’m just focusing on my job and that’s doing as well as I can, look forward to next game, look long-term plan things with board.

It’s that time of year, never nice to see your colleagues lose your job in a very short space of time, some of them, you can talk about VAR all day long, don’t know reasons about the sackings at different clubs. But one result, Southampton, Watford with the handball, and we’re talking about something completely different. Sometimes you have luck, sometimes you don’t. But it doesn’t make me any more concerned that it is December.
My english isn't perfect, but this looks like it's written by some drunk person. It doesn't make any sense.
English is my first language and Ole is talking gibberish (in the 2nd paragraph). I think the pressure is getting to him and he was rambling on about job security.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Yeah but Ole has rambled since he's come back.
Him rambling on and on is nothing new.

Embargoed quotes

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Ole on long term plan
We have a plan in place, and hopefully we can get the results to speed it up. Sometimes it doesn't go at the speed you want to, but it's still going in the right direction.

We do have a clear picture of what we think the squad is going to look like in June and July, and hopefully we'll get as much done as soon as possible. With Harry coming in, Romelu going out, it was late. We do have a plan now.

Last edited:

Samid

Ole on improved mentality
I felt the team towards the end of last season didn't have the desire, didn't have the heart, didn't have the belief that this was going to turn around. This group has a different mentality

Samid

On work behind the scenes
There is a lot of work being done behind the scenes for the culture in the team. We need results of course, that's the evidence. All of those six games we've drawn this year I feel we should have won. We need to do that on the pitch.

Samid

On climbing the table when injured players return
I believe in these players and that we can win any game on any given day, but we need to get more consistency. For me, when we get players back fit, if we've got the full squad fit, I'm sure we can challenge and move up the table.

We have a situation at the moment that we've had injuries. I'm not talking about anyone in particular, but I've been part of a squad where you're never guaranteed a place in the team and that's where we're going to get to at this club as well.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The culture in the team is coming along nicely it seems.

Samid

On injuries forcing his hand
Players are never undroppable. As I said here, players are also playing for their place in the long-term. We have a situation at the moment where we've had injuries, so players have played. I'm not talking about Andreas or Anthony or any one particular player.

Sterling Archer

Snake oil salesman.

How are players that are here now supposed to get behind a manager talking about the squad looking different come July, making excuses left and right for an awful season of no progress?