Solskjær press conference vs Spurs (H)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Solskjaer issues early team news ahead of Tottenham
“We will see how they are,”
“I am not going to say yes or no. But it is touch and go with a couple, so we will have to give them a training session today and see how they are.
“Of course, Sunday is also still in people’s heads so it is not going to be a hard session, but we will have a good team out.
“We have great facilities and people behind the scenes working really hard to get them fit. As I say, we have a couple of knocks and the players that have been out for a little while are touch and go.”

Samid

Concerned by form?
We’ve had too many draws for my liking, defeats of course, but draws we should have turned into wins and football is a results business, not happy know we can do better and are working hard, the work is always geared on us improving but we’re not getting all the results we’ve deserved.

Samid

Spoken with Ed Woodward?
We speak all the time so it’s not like knee jerk suddenly now we need to talk, we speak a few times every week so it’s continually progressing, the plans we’ve put in place, the rebuilding we know we started, made some decisions that were necessary and now of course we’re not happy where we are but will continue working.

Samid

Big week ahead
Three days or four days are not gonna change a whole lot, but these two games are a great chances to improve things and prove to ourselves we can continue in the vein against some of the better sides, had some good results against good teams and we’ve got a plan for Wednesday night.

Samid

How is he feeling?
I’m good, absolutely no problems, sometimes you laugh when you read stories what I’ve said, at least I know the sources are just made up, blatantly lies.

Samid

Jose Mourinho's return
Very good reception, that’s just a testament to this club and these supporters, remember two and a half years, won trophies, I’m 100 per cent sure our fans, staff ans club will welcome him.

Samid

Position of club when Mourinho left
Can’t remember league position but I’ve had now 50 games since then and it isn’t where it should have been and isn’t where we want to be and have to improve, working hard to do that right and when you change manager halfway through the season isn’t where it wants to be.

Samid

Pogba injury update
Not ready, no, he’s still a bit away but working hard so let’s see, out on the grass, let’s see how long it will take.

Samid

How will players react to Mourinho return?
I don’t think whoever manager of opposition team is will change motivation, motivated to do well for Manchester United, they know it’s about improving every day in training and step on that pitch to be part of this long-term, when you put the shirt on you’ve gotta give it your all, the boys are a bit disappointed after Sunday, after the game. But now all eyes are on Wednesday night.

Samid

Looking forward to January window?
I don’t wanna talk about all the injuries we’ve had but when you get Scott back, when you get Paul back, we have been light in midfield, with three out for such a long time and that’s affected us.

Samid

McTominay and Matic injury updates
Touch and go but let’s get this training session out of the window, got more games than this one, can’t look at just the one game, have to look at long-term.

Samid

Worried about being sacked?
No it doesn’t make me more concerned, I’m just focusing on my job and that’s doing as well as I can, look forward to next game, look long-term plan things with board.

It’s that time of year, never nice to see your colleagues lose your job in a very short space of time, some of them, you can talk about VAR all day long, don’t know reasons about the sackings at different clubs. But one result, Southampton, Watford with the handball, and we’re talking about something completely different. Sometimes you have luck, sometimes you don’t. But it doesn’t make me any more concerned that it is December.

tenpoless

No it doesn’t make me more concerned, I’m just focusing on my job and that’s doing as well as I can, look forward to next game, look long-term plan things with board.

It’s that time of year, never nice to see your colleagues lose your job in a very short space of time, some of them, you can talk about VAR all day long, don’t know reasons about the sackings at different clubs. But one result, Southampton, Watford with the handball, and we’re talking about something completely different. Sometimes you have luck, sometimes you don’t. But it doesn’t make me any more concerned that it is December.
Excuses, delusion, 'never my fault' attitude. We're getting another Mourinho.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Are United really serious about keeping Ole long term?

ants7

Position of club when Mourinho left
Can’t remember league position but I’ve had now 50 games since then and it isn’t where it should have been and isn’t where we want to be and have to improve, working hard to do that right and when you change manager halfway through the season isn’t where it wants to be.
He does realize that he actually is now full time manager and has been in charge for nearly a year?

dev1l

Are United really serious about keeping Ole long term?
Depends. Sacking the manager is always useful when covering up years of mismanagement by the board.
You ll be also temporarily making the dimwits happy by sacking the manager every few months and alienate them from the real issues.

Conor

Driving a Range Rover while dropping points every weekend, how dare he.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Depends. Sacking the manager is always useful when covering up years of mismanagement by the board.
You ll be also temporarily making the dimwits happy by sacking the manager every few months and alienate them from the real issues.
Don't get me wrong I totally agree with you, as a Spurs fan I know all to well about sack, sack, rinse repeat. I honestly think Ole deserves a January window and at least till the summer.

MrBest

Concerned by form?
We’ve had too many draws for my liking, defeats of course, but draws we should have turned into wins and football is a results business, not happy know we can do better and are working hard, the work is always geared on us improving but we’re not getting all the results we’ve deserved.
We have deserved the results we have got. We have barely deserved to win. Delusional.

The Real No7

Looking forward to January window?
I don’t wanna talk about all the injuries we’ve had but when you get Scott back, when you get Paul back, we have been light in midfield, with three out for such a long time and that’s affected us.
He is showing that he has turned into a puppet for Ed and the Glazers. Shame on you Ole.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He is showing that he has turned into a puppet for Ed and the Glazers. Shame on you Ole.
Or maybe he just doesn't fancy saying 'aye we are gonna sign 3 new players next month' at this point. He doesn't actually need to say anything about signings to the media at every single turn, he will be judged on whether or not we actually do sign anyone.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
"Draws that should have been win". Delusion is high. Can't wait the moment when we sack him. Thursday i hope

Pearl's a minger

"We've had too many draws for my liking, defeats aswell of course.Games we should have turned into wins"
Does he honestly believe what he's saying? Can he honestly say we deserved something against Bournemouth, Newcastle, West Ham, Palace? I'd even go as far as saying the drawn games against Sheff utd and Villa the opposition would have more a cause to be disappointed not coming away with maximum points than us. Its all well and good putting a positive spin on things but surely he must realise he's talking absolute rubbish.

The Bloody-Nine

Didn't mention luck there, said we should have won the games instead of drawing. That could mean luck, it could mean that we weren't good enough. It's a bit of both.
We should have won games, we should have lost games. That's football. Our form and the league table don't lie.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Big week ahead
Three days or four days are not gonna change a whole lot, but these two games are a great chances to improve things and prove to ourselves we can continue in the vein against some of the better sides, had some good results against good teams and we’ve got a plan for Wednesday night.
3 or 4 days could see you out of a job Ole so yeah it could change a whole lot.

This is my all time favorite for complete naivety.
We've got a plan for Wednesday night?? Really? Isn't that what managers are supposed to have? The way he says it is as if he's never thought of one before. Scarey.

Cheers @Samid