Solskjær press conference vs West Ham (A)

DSG

Pogba and Bruno give the ball away the most even in 11v11 situations. We just deal with it because we're not outnumbered and can counter-press and let them try a worldy pass again and again. To do that in 10v11 situation is suicide. Literally anyone with any basic knowledge of the game knows that you need to pack the midfield when you're down a man but Ole took off two midfielders for two defenders. Sorry but there's no defending his decisions against Young Boys, it was a shambles.
Disagree. No point in discussing this more. I’ve said why, Ole has said why, other PL coaches have said why, backing up Ole’s decision. I see why you are unhappy, because the outcome was bad, but he just as easily could have continued with the 4-4-1 and had the same result. Then you’d have criticized Ole anyhow.

MichaelRed

Disagree. No point in discussing this more. I’ve said why, Ole has said why, other PL coaches have said why, backing up Ole’s decision. I see why you are unhappy, because the outcome was bad, but he just as easily could have continued with the 4-4-1 and had the same result. Then you’d have criticized Ole anyhow.
I've only seen people in the football world blast his substitutions as nonsensical but if you can show me where managers have been backing him up then I'd like to see that. Also, no, you don't get to tell me what I would and wouldn't criticize. I would not be so critical if I felt he'd done what was best and the players didn't manage to get a result.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I wouldn't place any stock in what Pep says. The guy does his best work on the pitch and like the City supporters club chief said, he should stick to coaching.

Anyway taken in isolation it looks like Ole said that running matters more than tactics but of course to his detractors on here they'll take whatever they want to suit their agenda. What he said was, what made him most proud. From coming from SAF's days where the players gave their all, I can get that. I don't see anywhere he states that it's more important than tactics
If you think I took it out of context, here's the context:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/12378761/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-they-have-to run-run-run

MichaelRed

How much more patience do you personally have in your locker? I'm talking about support. You seem rather disenchanted with the team,club,management
If we get knocked out at the group stages of the CL then that's it for me. If we manage to qualify from the group but fail to win anything then that'd be it for me too. The minimum I'd find acceptable to let him go another year would be the FA Cup & within 6 points of the league title. No good coming 2nd if you're 6 wins short of the title.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
quite the contrary: I was praising you for learning, however humiliating it might be for you to do so.
Not sure what you're getting at. I've made the point that Ole lies to the press and protects his players before.

It saddens me to know you haven't been praised in a while given that you think it's humiliating. Have a nice day.

Client6

Why are any of you surprised?
Solskjaer has always said stuff like that, emphasizing running, physicality, spirit, work rate over tactics or quality. It's what he is about, like it or not.

Here are quotes from his interview on MNF with Neville, way back:

So there you have it. That's how Solskjaer thinks.
You think someone like, say, Pep would agree that tactics matter less than running and physicality?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

DSG

I've only seen people in the football world blast his substitutions as nonsensical but if you can show me where managers have been backing him up then I'd like to see that. Also, no, you don't get to tell me what I would and wouldn't criticize. I would not be so critical if I felt he'd done what was best and the players didn't manage to get a result.
Eddie Newton on The Football Show

Pundits are hired to create headlines. Tactically setting up when you are a man down is no easy thing. It’s one thing to say, keep possession even though a man down, it’s another to execute it.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Eddie Newton on The Football Show

Pundits are hired to create headlines. Tactically setting up when you are a man down is no easy thing. It’s one thing to say, keep possession even though a man down, it’s another to execute it.
Eddie Newton? The guy who got sacked by Trabzonspor after 3 months?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If you think Ferguson "relied" on anyone for tactics then you are a fool.
Multiple players in the years since have described the massive influence and control Querioz had on tactics and tactical preparation under SAF.

For example, in Giggs' autobiography he says Queiroz had “large amounts of responsibility” within the club, and had been entrusted to “train us, prepare us for games, organise the team and decide the things we need to work on."

John O'Shea on Queiroz' role: "He has worked very hard on giving us different ideas about how to kill a game off and how to expand our game to get from defending to attacking very quickly. I think you have seen that on lots of occasions, but also having the patience to keep the ball because in Europe the teams are so good that you do a lot of work if you don't have the ball."

Taking specific games as examples, all of Giggs, Carrick, Evra, Neville, Silvestre and Rooney described how it was Queiroz specifically who prepared them tactically for the semi-final games against Barcelona. Taking a few of their quotes, here's Neville:

"Queiroz's daily routine before the Champions League semifinal against Barcelona in 2008 was to put sit-up mats on the training pitch to mark exactly where he wanted the defenders to be to the nearest yard....For years, training had always been based around how we’d play, but this time Carlos was obsessive about stopping Barcelona. We'd never seen such attention to detail. We rehearsed time and again, sometimes walking through the tactics slowly with the ball in our hands."

And here's Evra:

"I remember the semi-final against Barcelona away when he was speaking with everybody before the second half. The team felt very strong at Barcelona and this was because of the work of Carlos Queiroz. Tactically, he brought something very important to Manchester United."

And Silvestre:

"I think it was something that Carlos brought to the first team. It was lots of drills and tactical positioning, knowing when to shift and when to put pressure or drop, because Barcelona can break very easily."

And Rooney:

"Whenever the manager was following his instinct and thinking "we're going to attack", Carlos would make him rethink. He was the one who gave us the tactics in 2008 and was the cautious one we needed."

Oh and here's Ferguson himself (while talking about Henrik Larsson) casually mentioning that Queiroz delivered the tactics briefings:

"He wanted to listen to Carlos (Queiroz), the tactics lectures; he was into every nuance of what we did."

So yeah, I'd say all that comes under the heading of Ferguson relying on Queiroz to deal with the tactical specifics, which is what I said.

Maybe try easing up on the name-calling when you post next time. That way you'll look like less of a jackass when you're wrong.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Yes, the same Eddie Newton who was asst manager for a few years at Chelsea, obviously played for Chelsea as well. He’s not Pep Guardiola, but he’s also not @TheMagicFoolBus , a pundit that has no pedigree whatsoever.
Ah ok, apologies - when you said that managers have supported Ole's subs I assumed you meant more than one who had at least been a manger for an entire season at minimum.

Also, I might not have any pedigree but I've only managed 9 fewer matches than Newton has! I'm in with a shout!

DSG

Multiple players in the years since have described the massive influence and control Querioz had on tactics and tactical preparation under SAF.

For example, in Giggs' autobiography he says Queiroz had “large amounts of responsibility” within the club, and had been entrusted to “train us, prepare us for games, organise the team and decide the things we need to work on."

John O'Shea on Queiroz' role: "He has worked very hard on giving us different ideas about how to kill a game off and how to expand our game to get from defending to attacking very quickly. I think you have seen that on lots of occasions, but also having the patience to keep the ball because in Europe the teams are so good that you do a lot of work if you don't have the ball."

Taking specific games as examples, all of Giggs, Carrick, Evra, Neville, Silvestre and Rooney described how it was Queiroz specifically who prepared them tactically for the semi-final games against Barcelona. Taking a few of their quotes, here's Neville:

"Queiroz's daily routine before the Champions League semifinal against Barcelona in 2008 was to put sit-up mats on the training pitch to mark exactly where he wanted the defenders to be to the nearest yard....For years, training had always been based around how we’d play, but this time Carlos was obsessive about stopping Barcelona. We'd never seen such attention to detail. We rehearsed time and again, sometimes walking through the tactics slowly with the ball in our hands."

And here's Evra:

"I remember the semi-final against Barcelona away when he was speaking with everybody before the second half. The team felt very strong at Barcelona and this was because of the work of Carlos Queiroz. Tactically, he brought something very important to Manchester United."

And Silvestre:

"I think it was something that Carlos brought to the first team. It was lots of drills and tactical positioning, knowing when to shift and when to put pressure or drop, because Barcelona can break very easily."

And Rooney:

"Whenever the manager was following his instinct and thinking "we're going to attack", Carlos would make him rethink. He was the one who gave us the tactics in 2008 and was the cautious one we needed."

Oh and here's Ferguson himself (while talking about Henrik Larsson) casually mentioning that Queiroz delivered the tactics briefings:

"He wanted to listen to Carlos (Queiroz), the tactics lectures; he was into every nuance of what we did."

So yeah, I'd say all that comes under the heading of Ferguson relying on Queiroz to deal with the tactical specifics, which is what I said.

Maybe try easing up on the name-calling when you post next time. That way you'll look like less of a jackass when you're wrong.
Rely? A bit strong. Contribute? Absolutely. Queiroz was with Fergie for 6 seasons, we did win 3 titles during that time. But SAF won 10 titles without him and the 2 CL victories. Does that mean that SAF wouldn’t have won titles those 6 seasons Carlos was there? Of course not.

It takes a management team to plan training, formulate tactics, make substitutions, buy & sell players, monitor player physical and mental health and injuries. Most of the Caf directs love or hate towards one central figure: Ole. But in reality, they succeed and fail as a team.

every great leader needs a perceived equal that can make him/her look at problems from a different point of view. That’s what Carlos did. I do believe that Carlos made SAF a better manager, but he was pretty damn good without him too.

DSG

Ah ok, apologies - when you said that managers have supported Ole's subs I assumed you meant more than one who had at least been a manger for an entire season at minimum.

Also, I might not have any pedigree but I've only managed 9 fewer matches than Newton has! I'm in with a shout!
You have Caf pedigree, that’s all you need. :lol: I would definitely support you in a quest to become the Chelsea manager. Tuchel scares the feck out of me. He was brilliant at Dortmund too.

jem

Not sure what you're getting at. I've made the point that Ole lies to the press and protects his players before.

It saddens me to know you haven't been praised in a while given that you think it's humiliating. Have a nice day.
You know what - I'm going to put the brakes on here. I find it annoying when posters clog up threads with back-and-forth arguments, so it's hypocritical for me to do the same. I didn't like your initial response to my post about selling Lingard, but I'll admit to being a bit immature in the doubling-down of insults. So apologies and all that, and let's go United (we all want the same thing, after all.)

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
You have Caf pedigree, that’s all you need. :lol: I would definitely support you in a quest to become the Chelsea manager. Tuchel scares the feck out of me. He was brilliant at Dortmund too.
Appreciate the vote of confidence mate! That's going on the CV immediately :)

Leonzo1

I Honestly can't see what will make some of our online fanbase content with our team.
Moyes had his faults, LVG had his faults and Mourinho had his faults. You can't argue the latter two weren't "tactical" managers, and yet they failed. They failed big time. Anyone saying they don't see progress here and that all of our success is down to individual brilliance of players is choosing to be blind.

Tuesday's display was horrendous without a doubt, we looked completely out of our depths againd Young boys and that is unacceptable. But here we are, top of the league along with masterminds such as Tuchel and Klopp. The suggestion that Ole does not have a "tactic" just because he doesn't mention one in a meaningless press conference is ridiculous.

The same things people say Ole is lacking is exactly the same things they complained about LVG and mou for having them. Suddenly it's a bad thing that Ole keeps quiet on press conferences, suddenly it's a bad thing that he gets behind his players.

2 seasons. One second place finish, One third place finish, 3 semi finals and one final. Sure it's still not good enough but this is a clear progress. Slow and steady win the race. Trophies Don't fall out of the sky when you have the erratic mess of a squad Ole was left with. You want guaranteed titles and a proven tactician for a manager go and get someone like LVG or Mourinho. Oh wait. We tried that. How did it go?

bludsucker

Learn to read. I'm asking if 6 years is enough patience since you think 3 years isn't.
Inform yourself better first then start to teach others i would suggest. Its not been three seasons yet. We are at the beginning of ole’s third full season. And there has been tangible progress in each of his seasons here. So yeah he merits patience in my book. A loss here or there will not change my position on him.

captaincantona

If you think Ferguson "relied" on anyone for tactics then you are a fool.
Nothing worse than being arrogant, irritating and completely wrong all in a two line post.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.man...ulensteen-on-coaching-under-sir-alex-ferguson

Here, I’ll get you started - Unscripted piece by Rene Muelenstein. Tells you exactly how Fergie worked relying on coaches to implement his overarching “principles” of how Man Utd should play but he trusted them to figure out ways of getting the team to play that way ie. tactics. The world and it’s dog knows Fergie relied heavily on his coaches as the game got more technical.

That interview also gives a good insight into how Ole is running the club now. He is playing that Fergie role, culture, attitude, confidence, general direction, football ‘principles’ but, as also verifiable through interviews and articles, Carrick and McKenna lead the sessions and in my opinion, for Ole to go to the next level, he needs more experienced coaches.

captaincantona

I Honestly can't see what will make some of our online fanbase content with our team...

2 seasons. One second place finish, One third place finish, 3 semi finals and one final.
I can’t speak for the whole online fan base but I for one want to see good football. Not defensive counterattacking against top teams where we have 35% possession and 2 shots on goal the whole game. Or slow tumescent passing around the edge of the box against poorer teams until Bruno or Mason take things into their own hands. I certainly don’t want to see us go down to 10 men and collapse and make YB of Bern look like Barcelona.

Also, you quote last seasons final placing and cup runs like you just checked teletext to see where we ended up! Did you watch how bad we played the majority of last season? I understand playing badly and grinding out results is the “mark of champions” but that should be the exception, not the rule. Don’t take my word for it- go back to the matchday threads on here...There is a huge majority of “we were shite for the most part, got lucky, good comeback, three points all that matters” posts...not a whole lot of “great performance today” posts.

Maybe some of the fan base see the squad and think- surely we can play better football?

Amir

Nothing worse than being arrogant, irritating and completely wrong all in a two line post.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.man...ulensteen-on-coaching-under-sir-alex-ferguson

Here, I’ll get you started - Unscripted piece by Rene Muelenstein. Tells you exactly how Fergie worked relying on coaches to implement his overarching “principles” of how Man Utd should play but he trusted them to figure out ways of getting the team to play that way ie. tactics. The world and it’s dog knows Fergie relied heavily on his coaches as the game got more technical.

That interview also gives a good insight into how Ole is running the club now. He is playing that Fergie role, culture, attitude, confidence, general direction, football ‘principles’ but, as also verifiable through interviews and articles, Carrick and McKenna lead the sessions and in my opinion, for Ole to go to the next level, he needs more experienced coaches.
When we got Steve McLaren he had about four years working as assistant for Derby County. Brian Kidd was working mostly with youth. They weren't these hugely experienced coaches, but they had their qualities - and also had Alex Ferguson above them. McKenna has been working with United'd first team for a few years now (Carrick as well, though less). I don't think he has less experience than McLaren or Kidd had. Meulenseteen didn't exactly coach in the high levels either.

I don't think it's the experienced coaching we are lacking, but the forward and more modern thinking. And I tend to think that has to come from the manager first, and isn't. I'd expect young coaches like McKenna and Carrick to have more of those qualities than Solskjaer...

largelyworried

When we got Steve McLaren he had about four years working as assistant for Derby County. Brian Kidd was working mostly with youth. They weren't these hugely experienced coaches, but they had their qualities - and also had Alex Ferguson above them. McKenna has been working with United'd first team for a few years now (Carrick as well, though less). I don't think he has less experience than McLaren or Kidd had. Meulenseteen didn't exactly coach in the high levels either.

I don't think it's the experienced coaching we are lacking, but the forward and more modern thinking. And I tend to think that has to come from the manager first, and isn't. I'd expect young coaches like McKenna and Carrick to have more of those qualities than Solskjaer...
Our coaches will be executing ideas and plans that Ole creates alongside them. No-one thinks Ole is putting out the cones or running through the drills himself, but the drills and their purpose will have been designed together with him, so he clearly has responsibility for the coaching and its output.

captaincantona

McClaren and Kidd were more assistant managers in the Mick Phelan mould and that was back when football was less technical. Watch some videos from that era..fitness is an issue never mind tactics. The point was that Fergie saw the gaps in what he was doing and adapted, moved forward and brought in different types of coaches in Quiroz and Rene. Please read that article- from the horses mouth...he left Rene and Quiroz to develop the training sessions and implement his principles.

Jesus, that article also speaks about how much Fergie valued “intent”...this is exactly what Ole said at that press conference...he is basically regurgitating everything Fergie said.

Anyway, whoever is coaching the team...I can’t really see any consistent style of play from us. So my point is, the football has been awful Regardless of where we finished. With that squad, we really could be playing beautiful stuff and winning titles to boot.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I don't remember a young Robson well enough to discuss in detail about him but I do remember Scholes, Keane and Carrick. Keane was not a no 6 at first. SAF resistance to the idea lead to a spat between him and Ince in the first place. Prior to the emergence of Paul Scholes, Manchester United was bracing himself for a CM made up of Nicky Butt (natural heir of Paul Ince) and Roy Keane.

Paul Scholes was a frigging striker. Throughout his time he moved from a striker to a no 10 then to a very attacking midfielder and then to a deep lying playmaker. Carrick was not supposed to be the most defensive minded midfielder we've got, at least not long term. That role should have gone to Hargreaves. Then Hargreaves proved to be a massive crock and waste of space, Carrick made that role his and Paul Scholes was made to adapt to that new partnership. We can add other players who were transformed throughout the years like for example Ryan Giggs. He started as a traditional winger, then he switched to an inside forward and he ended his career as a CM.

There were players who failed to make the transition Sir Alex wanted from them. That was usually due to one of two things ie attitude and characteristics. In terms of attitude I can use Lee Sharpe as an example. If memory serves me right he refused to retrain himself as a RW. In terms of characteristics one can mention Gary Neville. He simply lacked the inches and the physicality to play as CB. Gaz would have gone through a brick wall for Manchester United but he simply couldn't make himself taller or build up the massive muscle frame that Maguire/Vidic/Stam/a T-800 had

Ole seem to be excellent to spot players with the right attitude. He is also decent in spotting people with the right characteristics as well. However our coaching is were I feel we're being let down massively. That something I feel that even our transfer market team seems to acknowledge. Which is why we often go for the safe option (Sancho, Maguire, Cavani, Ronaldo, Bruno, Varane). Having said that complete midfielders are difficult to come by. Even Sir Alex had to coach and shape them himself. Which leads us to the same old path. If Ole wants to succeed with United then he simply have to surround himself with top coaches.

imamuppet

I Honestly can't see what will make some of our online fanbase content with our team......snip
Quite simple really, the only thing that will suffice is that they get their dopamine rush.........over and over again and thats the problem, not just here but with everything, once you are hooked on a drug then you cannot be impartial and thats the underlying issue along with these people (most of the population unfortunately) not being in a position to even evaluate this addiction and so not ever being in a position to do anything about it.

Its a terrible state to be in and its going to be a detriment to our survival as a species ...

Highfather_24

I am certain that if Ole used some FM buzzwords like false 9s, mezzala and regista, and played a 4-3-3 (though we play a 4-3-3 a lot in posession anyway), a lot of people would think he is a tactical god.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I can’t speak for the whole online fan base but I for one want to see good football. Not defensive counterattacking against top teams where we have 35% possession and 2 shots on goal the whole game. Or slow tumescent passing around the edge of the box against poorer teams until Bruno or Mason take things into their own hands. I certainly don’t want to see us go down to 10 men and collapse and make YB of Bern look like Barcelona.

Also, you quote last seasons final placing and cup runs like you just checked teletext to see where we ended up! Did you watch how bad we played the majority of last season? I understand playing badly and grinding out results is the “mark of champions” but that should be the exception, not the rule. Don’t take my word for it- go back to the matchday threads on here...There is a huge majority of “we were shite for the most part, got lucky, good comeback, three points all that matters” posts...not a whole lot of “great performance today” posts.

Maybe some of the fan base see the squad and think- surely we can play better football?
Top scorers so far this season, 2nd top goalscorers last season. It's a fecking miracle we can achieve this with 2 shots a game and 35% possession and slow 'tumescent' passing around the box.

Look like Barca? You've not been watching a lot of football recently, have you?

Yeah, the match day thread is a superb gauge to measure with. You can't move for reasonable discussion.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Steve Mclaren was considered one of the most promising coaching in England. He was a pioneer in introducing technology (video analysis) and sports psychologists in the EPL. Before becoming our assistant manager Brian Kidd had 3 years at Barrow and Preston North end, then another 3 years going up the ranks at United.

That doesn't really matter though for two reasons. First of all Ole is not SAF. He lacks his brilliance and he certainly lack his experience even the one SAF's got prior joining with us. Secondly football had moved on since then. Games are often won or lost on fine margins and there's an army of employees (specialized coaches etc) whose job is to identify and exploit these mistakes.

Now that is good news for a bigger picture type manager like Ole is. It means that he can focus on what he knows best (ex man management) and delegate coaching to others. However in such setup its vital that his coaching staff is top notch.

captaincantona

Top scorers so far this season, 2nd top goalscorers last season. It's a fecking miracle we can achieve this with 2 shots a game and 35% possession and slow 'tumescent' passing around the box.

Look like Barca? You've not been watching a lot of football recently, have you?

Yeah, the match day thread is a superb gauge to measure with. You can't move for reasonable discussion.
Again with the defensive sweeping statements. With regard to counter attacking, you know the games I’m talking about. Who wants to beat PSG with a dubious and hilarious VAR assisted penalty in the 99th minute or whatever when the world and it’s dog can see we didn’t get a kick for 90 minutes. It was embarrassing. And don’t forget our go to tactics for city and Liverpool every season- fastest players on the pitch and let’s hope for 3 or 4 counter attacks. No Utd fan can be happy playing that way even though tactically, counter attacking is when we are actually well drilled and well coached!

As for your goal scoring stats...again...did you watch any games last season? Did you see them with your own eyes? Newcastle- shite for the whole game and 3 goals in the last 5 minutes...we were SHIT but Bruno did it again. That’s my point! West Ham completely shit for the whole game and won 3-1...that was the general pattern of the season with fans and pundits alike afterward going - “the scorline doesn’t tell the story of the match but they got the three points!” If you are just pointing to the numbers of goals we scored as evidence that we play good football then fair enough. I prefer to use my eyes.

ivaldo

Again with the defensive sweeping statements. With regard to counter attacking, you know the games I’m talking about. Who wants to beat PSG with a dubious and hilarious VAR assisted penalty in the 99th minute or whatever when the world and it’s dog can see we didn’t get a kick for 90 minutes. It was embarrassing. And don’t forget our go to tactics for city and Liverpool every season- fastest players on the pitch and let’s hope for 3 or 4 counter attacks. No Utd fan can be happy playing that way even though tactically, counter attacking is when we are actually well drilled and well coached!

As for your goal scoring stats...again...did you watch any games last season? Did you see them with your own eyes? Newcastle- shite for the whole game and 3 goals in the last 5 minutes...we were SHIT but Bruno did it again. That’s my point! West Ham completely shit for the whole game and won 3-1...that was the general pattern of the season with fans and pundits alike afterward going - “the scorline doesn’t tell the story of the match but they got the three points!” If you are just pointing to the numbers of goals we scored as evidence that we play good football then fair enough. I prefer to use my eyes.
Wait, 'the game?' So now we're looking at specific games and making statements of the back of them? Some might call that 'sweeping...'

I'm perfectly happy setting up like that in the odd game against superior opposition, and they were superior opposition. No matter what angle you look at games against the likes of Liverpool and City in previous seasons, we were the underdogs, and justifying so. It's exactly what Fergie did with incredible success, and no, before we attack the strawman, I'm not comparing Ole's respective ability with Fergie. I can only imagine the meltdown today if Ole put defenders in midfield and make tactical selections like Park or O'Shea at fullback.

And again with the sweeping statements from someone who a paragraph ago was so against them. We can all select the odd game and build from there. 9-0 vs Southampton was boring for you? 6-2 vs Leeds? You don't play shit all season and miraculously outscore all but City, nor do you finish in 2nd place. It's hyperbole at it's most extreme. Yes I was there, in the stands, watching it with my own eyes. Were you?

Amir

Steve Mclaren was considered one of the most promising coaching in England. He was a pioneer in introducing technology (video analysis) and sports psychologists in the EPL. Before becoming our assistant manager Brian Kidd had 3 years at Barrow and Preston North end, then another 3 years going up the ranks at United.
I'm well aware of their record. My point was regarding the claim that what we suffer because we have inexperienced coaches. I'm pointing out some of our previous coaches didn't have huge experience. Kidd had a few years in lower levels and worked in the lower ranks of United. McLaren only worked for a few years. Their experience wasn't the key. It was what they brought to the table. Maybe McKenna and Carrick can bring a lot. Maybe not.

Now that is good news for a bigger picture type manager like Ole is. It means that he can focus on what he knows best (ex man management) and delegate coaching to others. However in such setup its vital that his coaching staff is top notch.
The bad news is that even if you can do that, the manager still needs to have certain capabilities. Like in-game management.

You need a special man with special abilities to head such a coaching set up. A Ferguson.

MichaelRed

Inform yourself better first then start to teach others i would suggest. Its not been three seasons yet. We are at the beginning of ole’s third full season. And there has been tangible progress in each of his seasons here. So yeah he merits patience in my book. A loss here or there will not change my position on him.
So I say 3 years and you translated that in your own head as 3 full seasons. Stop putting words into my mouth.

MichaelRed

Quite simple really, the only thing that will suffice is that they get their dopamine rush.........over and over again and thats the problem, not just here but with everything, once you are hooked on a drug then you cannot be impartial and thats the underlying issue along with these people (most of the population unfortunately) not being in a position to even evaluate this addiction and so not ever being in a position to do anything about it.

Its a terrible state to be in and its going to be a detriment to our survival as a species ...
Jesus Christ. You've managed to take being dissatisfied with Ole and somehow link it to the extinction of the human race. Yet somehow it's the people that don't think Ole is the right man that are being called over the top.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Where does he tactics matter less than running in that quote?
Literally says getting the team to run is what he's 'most proud of as manager' and then ends with "our physicality is always good. How we run, sprint, that is our secret, more than tactics. Our spirit."

Words of a pashun merchant if I ever saw one.

MichaelRed

Literally says getting the team to run is what he's 'most proud of as manager' and then ends with "our physicality is always good. How we run, sprint, that is our secret, more than tactics. Our spirit."

Words of a pashun merchant if I ever saw one.
No, he's just saying that to distract everyone from his elite tactics that are beyond comprehension so that our tiny heads don't explode.

ivaldo

No, he's just saying that to distract everyone from his elite tactics that are beyond comprehension so that our tiny heads don't explode.
Nah, he's just standing in the changing rooms barking Run! Run! Run! for 45 minutes before a game. We know this because he hasn't got his white board out in conferences.

sugar_kane

This thread is now 7 pages longer than the Newcastle post match thread.

What is the obsession with press conferences, they’re up there with player numbers and the captains armband as pointless fixations.