Solskjær press conference vs Wolves (A)

Shark

@NotShark
He's a waste of time and money but as long as he doesn't get time over Greenwood and Gomes then whatever, he's done nothing in the 18 months at the club to warrant being anything but bottom of the pecking order.

The defenders from last season who have been replaced must feel like shit, Rashford said the same thing last week after the match, that the team were more confident to push forward due to the new back 4. As for Fred, I think there were some games last season where we saw potential along with those, even later in the season, where he still looked raw and erratic, hopefully we will see him improve overall this season as I think him and McTominay can make a solid back-up CM partnership long term.
For all the misery they’ve caused us, I’m not too bothered about that.

Dante

Average bang
We conceded 54 goals in 2018/19. I'm sure the defenders already know that they did a bad job.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He's a waste of time and money but as long as he doesn't get time over Greenwood and Gomes then whatever, he's done nothing in the 18 months at the club to warrant being anything but bottom of the pecking order.

The defenders from last season who have been replaced must feel like shit, Rashford said the same thing last week after the match, that the team were more confident to push forward due to the new back 4. As for Fred, I think there were some games last season where we saw potential along with those, even later in the season, where he still looked raw and erratic, hopefully we will see him improve overall this season as I think him and McTominay can make a solid back-up CM partnership long term.
Those defenders have been stealing a living throughout this decade. If anything they should be forced to do a walk of atonement before being shipped to China.

3KDré

RE Fred, I think he's genuinely got a lot of good qualities, he's just not timing himself correctly. He plays quite frantically, which can be a good thing when we are pressing up the pitch(he is quite good at this) but he needs to know when to calm it down a bit, to get the game flowing better. I see him as a better option than Pereira and Matic and I hope he kick on.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Sanchez at number 10 can work if we play Pogba where he played against Chelsea. Selling him ( or loaning) will make us extremely lightweight in terms of attack and it will come back to bite us later if we have injuries. I do think he has been unlucky with injuries but it's now or never for him.

Shiva87

Hopefully this is just the public line, privately I hope we are looking to move him on
I hope not till January- when we have the chance to buy an experienced player to replace him.

If he comes good before January, there is a 1% chance that he does, then we might be ok to keep him till the end of the season. Let's see how it goes.

RedCurry

We've had three older managers before him but Ole sounds the most mature in his press conferences.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Does anybody genuinely want to see much of Sanchez this season? I'd rather James, Greenwood, Gomes and Chong are sat on the bench instead of him. Ole can't include Sanchez regularly and fulfill his promise to involve the youth, something will have to give.
This.

If I wanted no hope veterans stinking up the place and kids not being given the chance, I'd have wanted Jose to stay.

el3mel

Sanchez at number 10 can work if we play Pogba where he played against Chelsea. Selling him ( or loaning) will make us extremely lightweight in terms of attack and it will come back to bite us later if we have injuries. I do think he has been unlucky with injuries but it's now or never for him.
Sanchez at 10 will be absolutely terrible with his erratic passing and continuous losing of the ball. His only position is upfront as 9 but even in that I'm not sue he's going to perform very well.

Ekeke

Lindelöf didn't do anything wrong in the first half of last season either, he was easily our best defender across the whole season. To be completely fair he was ok in the second half of his first season - he just hadn't got the faith of Mourinho after his mistakes early on so was only played against lesser teams.

Fred similar - some terrible games, some ok games and a couple of decent games. The concern I have with him compared to Lindelöf is consistency, Lindelöf settled and was fine from then on. Fred appeared to settle and was still up and down a matchly basis.

I hope he can do it, while he's in a red shirt I'll want him to go out and be a world beater every game. Same goes for Sanchez. All the best to both of them this season.
He made plenty of mistakes and was part of our defense shipping goals left right and center.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Sanchez at 10 will be absolutely terrible with his erratic passing and continuous losing of the ball. His only position is upfront as 9 but even in that I'm not sue he's going to perform very well.
Well we play Andreas there who is incredibly erratic himself. I meant as a second striker. He had a good game against Juve away in that position. We can certainly try that. Our alternatives are either not ready ( Gomes, I have high hopes for him but he shouldn't be thrown into first team without proper planning) or not good enough ( Andreas, I fail to see what he brings to the team). Sanchez will be an improvement over Andreas and can certainly play pressing game as one thing people can't fault him is his work rate

fps

We've had three older managers before him but Ole sounds the most mature in his press conferences.
He needs to maintain that zen feel through the ups and downs of what should be a pretty dramatic season.

Offsideagain

How many times did we see Sanchez at Arsenal standing with his hands on his hips or gesturing as if to say ‘ I’m too good for you lot’? Can he keep up with James, Rashford and Martial? Having said that he’ll probably go and score a wonder goal to get the points one day for us.

RedCurry

He needs to maintain that zen feel through the ups and downs of what should be a pretty dramatic season.
He is human after all. No doubt he’ll feel the pressure and we will all witness it when the going gets tough.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
It's funny how you'd find the Caf in complete agreement about the way Zidane has handled Bale being poor and cnutish yet the same Caf are dreaming of the day Ole would be handling players such as Sanchez in the very same cnutish way they seemingly deplore.

So much nonsense from the Caf.

WireMUFC

Stop moaning about Sanchez leaving, we may as well keep him now we can’t bring anyone in. His wage is irrelevant now we’re done for the summer. He’s a united player even if he’s used to give Rashford or Martial a rest so they don’t get burned out like last season then that’s enough for me.

There’s plenty of games to play this season, don’t tell me Sanchez isn’t good enough to play europa league and league cup football because he is. Get behind the team now the season has started that’s all you can do if you’re a United fan quit the negativity.

el3mel

Well we play Andreas there who is incredibly erratic himself. I meant as a second striker. He had a good game against Juve away in that position. We can certainly try that. Our alternatives are either not ready ( Gomes, I have high hopes for him but he shouldn't be thrown into first team without proper planning) or not good enough ( Andreas, I fail to see what he brings to the team). Sanchez will be an improvement over Andreas and can certainly play pressing game as one thing people can't fault him is his work rate
At the moment I don't think we have any good number 10 player, so I'll prefer playing with 3 midfielders instead.

Garebo

I didn't understand the faith Ole put on Sanchez. He will come good? Why should he say that? I would support him saying that he should be training with the reserves if not for leaving, but all of us, who know a thing or two about football, know that he is finished. Maybe he will come good in the Segunda division but not here. But the hard truth is, that even Sanchez knows he is finished and he can't play in Serie A so he won't leave. He will sit here playing with the kids until his contract runs down.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Missed the irony?:lol:
Someone did it for me, only for real!
Talked sh**t about Sanchez and Fred

This two players made absolutely nothing.

First one is the worst signing of our history and Ole is still talking positive things, saying that he's a good player etc. Absolute non sense.

Ole should start talking facts and not hopes or dreams.

He could have said that he's not ready yet, that he's working. point

I don't get why he's protecting him (kind of) since he came
This place!

DoomSlayer

Meet the Norwegian reporting on Ole's reign
Norwegian reporter Ingrid Halstensen of TV 2 Sporten offers her take on Ole's latest press conference comments...

She is actually a great reporter and always asks meaningful questions, unlike many of the other shitebags looking for clickbait storylines.

The fact that she is absolutely beautiful and very charming is a very welcome bonus. :drool:

A shame that Ingrid is a Liverpool supporter but even that can't spoil it for me.

Last edited:

Shark

@NotShark
I didn't understand the faith Ole put on Sanchez. He will come good? Why should he say that? I would support him saying that he should be training with the reserves if not for leaving, but all of us, who know a thing or two about football, know that he is finished. Maybe he will come good in the Segunda division but not here. But the hard truth is, that even Sanchez knows he is finished and he can't play in Serie A so he won't leave. He will sit here playing with the kids until his contract runs down.
Because he’s not going to say he’s crap is he? People just understand that these are press conferences, take everything with a pinch of salt.

Amerifan

I think United’s upper management bought Sanchez as much for the publicity and merchandising as they did for on-pitch expectations. His performance I can somewhat excuse because he has been injured a lot.

The one I don’t get is Fred. How many people even knew he was before we signed him on that large transfer fee. Unlike Sanchez, I don’t think the executives bought him; this seems more like a on-pitch performance buy. Someone must have thought he’d be a big contributor. Yet he’s rarely out there. He’s not even on the bench some games. What’s that all about?