Solskjær press conference vs Wolves (H) | Ole: "I don’t think we will do any more business, no. I don’t think so"

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Solskjaer press conference
Busy day for the United boss. He is speaking to the media today - on deadline day - and ahead of the Premier League fixture versus Wolves at Old Trafford.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
What Solskjaer said about deadline day signing
Solskjaer will no doubt add to these comments he made after United’s 1-0 win over Man City — when he said United are targeting a goal scorer on deadline day:

“We need more goalscorers, we need more goals; that’s a definite.
“Need someone who wants to break their nose to score a goal or their toe, doesn’t have to be the nice ones, we know that.
“I am challenging them and I need to challenge them more, because we can’t just score nice goals.”

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
:lol:

10:02
De Gea's 300th appearance
Where does he rank?
“He ranks at the top he has been unbelievable for club and 300 games and don’t know how many clean sheets he’s had. But you can see on Wednesday night what he means for us.
“He’s presence at the back and a top human being as well.”

DomesticTadpole

10:01
Bruno Fernandes to play vs Wolves?
Inevitably, the first press conference question for Solskjaer is about Bruno Fernandes...
“ He’s fit enough to play and he will be involved definitely he’ll be in the squad. Let’s get training out of the way today. He has had of course few hectic days now, and even his daughter’s third birthday yesterday.
“I don’t know how much he’ll be involved, but he’ll be in the squad.”

DomesticTadpole

10:04
Why did Fernandes saga take so long?
“You know, it is about timing, priorities, and also valuation, money and you have a club that owns him, and you can see now in January how much he means to them and they wanted to keep him.
“We are just happy to get it over the line. We have followed him for years. but he has grown gradually in that period as well, more and more, mature. Assured performances, a great leader of his team and even with all speculation that’s been around him - every club in Europe has been linked with hi - but, he stayed focused and played fantastic football for Sporting.
“When you get to see him he is such a fantastic human being.”

DomesticTadpole

10:07
Fernandes' tenacity an asset for Solskjaer
“That is one of his boxes that we had to tick. We wanted players who this means a lot to. He is a winner, he hates losing. I have seen him myself, he uses that anger in a good way, to play better and help teammates. He was a fantastic captain for Sporting and he will be a leader here as well.”

DomesticTadpole

10:08
Not signing a forward
How much of a blow would that be for United?
“I am happy with ones I have here.
“And with Bruno coming in we can play in a different way maybe. And of course with the centre-backs coming back lately and what we’ve done with three at the back, that might be an option to tactically change a bit.”

DomesticTadpole

10:10
On Wolves and fan discontent
“Well Wolverhampton and us we know each other very well. It’s the sixth time since March that we have played them and fourth time this time. I don’t think there will be too many surprises from either manager — or there might be!
“For me the fans have been backing us and sure they will back the team again.”

DomesticTadpole

10:11
Solskjaer on Rojo exit
He’s off on loan to Estudiantes until the end of the season.
“Marcos is a lovely lad, fantastic, he’s got that fire in his belly. He wasn’t getting enough football and it was important for him to start playing.
“He was in the away end at City, Liverpool too, a passionate guy, who wants to support his team and he wants to come back fitter. Something we had to do.”

Nick7

“I want a striker who will break his nose to score a goal”

Two days later

“I’m happy with my current options”

fecking hell, is that real?

DomesticTadpole

10:15
No loan for Garner
Solskjaer is keeping the midfielder at the club.
“James is going to stay. We are going to give him a chance to prove himself here. It’s been a difficult time for him lately [with injury and illness] but he will be fine.”

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Two days later

Very stupid statement it's true

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
He also said "whatever happens, happens" - he's keeping the door open.

mu4c_20le

Dumb dumb dumb. No point keeping him when he'll still not get a game ahead of the likes of Lingard and Andreas.
He doesn't play in either's position, it's Matic keeping him out, and Ole literally said we will give him more chances.

Dante

Average bang

Two days later

It was a challenge to Martial to try harder in the box.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ed probably told him no more signings, so what is he supposed to say?
He should say he still would like a striker but the signing of Bruno should help our dynamic for the remainder of the season.

Saying he's suddenly happy just makes him look silly.

Marcelinho87

He said the same before Bruno was signed, if we are to sign anyone it won't be revealed in a presser from Ole.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I don't want to believe we're doing nothing more this window, if its true, its another massive failure by the board.
Is it though?

I'm no fan of either the Glazers or Woodward but i have to say, although I'd have loved the '5 or 6' that was mooted a few weeks ago, it was never going to happen. I'm actually pleased with the signings we have made. No stellar names admittedly but each one has been sensible and made to fill a specific hole in the squad. In two windows we've pretty much sorted our defence (it isn't as bad as some make out) with a couple of good solid signings in Maguire and AWB. Look at our back four now and especially with Williams coming through it isn't in a bad shape and Jones, Young and Smalling are nowhere near our starting 11.

With the addition of Bruno, our midfield is looking as close to a top Midfield as it has since we lost Hargreaves to injury all those years ago. Fred is looking better by the week, Pogba (I'm no fan but he's a fantastic player) and Bruno should be great. Yes, maybe we could have got another CM, but with Bruno now here, Pogba still here and Fred looking good, buying another CM would have got in the way of McT's development.

Rashford seems to have come into his own on the left, we have Martial (again, like Pogba, the jury is still out with me) and James and Greenwood. Panic buying another striker at this point would be silly.

For me, our signings make sense and if we keep on this path and make 1 or 2 more decent signings in the summer we'll be looking good. So before we all panic, let's see what happens with Pogba, let's see how Martial and James / Greenwood both do with Bruno feeding him and make another couple of sensible signings in the summer.

I don't think Ole is the man who will bring trophies back to OT, although I hope I'm wrong, but the signings we've made since he became our manager have been the most sensible and consistent for years.

Glass half full and all that :lol: