Solskjær press conference vs Wolves (H)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Solskjaer arrives at Carrington
A busy day for the United boss ahead. He’s holding a press conference and taking training today.

SqueakyWeasel

Press conferences are a waste of time: Pogba / transfers he can't mention / players return updates dates he can't give / every game is important … blah, blah, blah!

The press have no interest in talking about the forthcoming game. They are fishing for sound-bites to contort into click-bait headlines.

If our consistent inconsistency is anything to go by then I wouldn't be remotely surprised if we lost to Wolves at home then became the first team to beat Liverpool this season :houllier:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
10:00KEY EVENT
Solskjaer on Fernandes
Here’s the update you’ve all been waiting for:
I’ve got no transfer updates, so no. If we get something that we can tell you about we will but I’ve got no news now.

DomesticTadpole

10:02
Mason Greenwood for England
Do you have to speak to Mason about that? Is there potential for that?
I think Mason will have a top and long career. Let the boy settle in now first before we talk about Eng and Euros, hos focus has to be on playing more for us, improving and when he plays more for us that’ll happen by itself. He’s just been picked for the U21s so he’s focusing on his football.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
10:00KEY EVENT
Solskjaer on Fernandes
Here’s the update you’ve all been waiting for:
There is so much to moan about in this statement. I’m not sure what it is yet but we will find out shortly.

DomesticTadpole

10:03
On the strikers
Enough credit for getting more out the strikers?
I don’t want credit, they’re working hard to improve their game, all done well, Mason’s in his first season, so to have nine goals in not 20 apps is fantastic. Marcus is growing and improving all the time and Anthony has missed eight weeks. I’m impressed by them, working well, on finishing patterns, we want consistency and we’ll see more and more of them.

DomesticTadpole

10:05
On Wolves
We’ve played them so many times so we’re gonna be facing a team that know more or less everything about us, we’ve got them in a couple of weeks in the league. We played a decent first half last week, second half was disappointing, but at home we wanna make sure we go through, this tournament is one we dream about winning when we are young, loved my time in finals and winning trophies so we wanna go through

DomesticTadpole

10:05
Fatigue
You said after the first game your team was a bit tired, how do you re-energise your team?
Results give you energy, for me I’m fine, I only have to see you before and after the game... just counting, it’s our 14th game in 45 days.
We’ve still got five or six games before the winter break, it’s relentless, 18 games in less than 60 days which is physically and mentally demanding, we have to energise them.
One good result and performance like Norwich, they felt good about them, bad results have to be used as a motivation, as in we’re not there yet need to keep improving. Just need the rhythm. When I was playing I felt us as a team got rhythm of match rest match rest, I never got that physical thing. Players like Roy, Scholesy and Gary improved.

DomesticTadpole

10:07
On the Deloitte report
In terms of United as a club. The Deloitte report says United are at risk of not being the richest English club, is that a symptom of poor on pitch performances or a wider issue?
For me, the most important thing is we get results sorted, get performances on the pitch, gotta be my focus but I know we’ve got the resources, we’ve got the backing if we need to go into the transfer market. We are still up there, so still in a good place.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
There is so much to moan about in this statement. I’m not sure what it is yet but we will find out shortly.
The hypocrite said he didn't have a transfer update before technically giving a transfer update in the next sentence. Makes my blood boil.

GBBQ

I mean i admire that ole doesn't go around speaking about other players but on the other hand, would it hurt him to tease us just a little.

MrBest

I mean i admire that ole doesn't go around speaking about other players but on the other hand, would it hurt him to tease us just a little.
I would rather he did not. Frustrating but we cannot risk someone taking ground on us considering how slow the board are activating a transfer.

Tarrou

C’mon Phil you know what I mean. The fans who think he should be and should remain as manager. Lazy typing I thought I’d get away with it.
It's still a shite post

calling fans who support our manager cultists is pretty toxic

stu_1992

Bit of a nothing press conference. What was the part about Mason getting into the senior England squad? Yes he's doing really well for us but that's a bit premature especially coming into the Euros. England have quite a few on form strikers, albeit Kane is injured but even still I think they have more than enough on-form players there to give Greenwood some room to grow and develop a bit. Then if he continues his progress, he can tried out after the summer into next season if they want.

Last edited:

Ranchero

Still talking the talk about where United should be, challenging for the Prem and Champions League.

Talked of being a couple of years behind.

Well the way we drag out heels in the transfer market, that will be right.

Spurs already wrap up one Fernandes quickly. While the Bruno 'signing' if it happens drags on and on. And I'm not just talking this window.

We should already be negotiating for the summer window but all these deals seem scattergun with not enough forward planning.

Ranchero

Bit of a nothing press conference. What was the part about Mason getting into thr senior England squad? Yes he's doing really well for us but that's a bit premature especially coming into the Euros. England have quite a few on form strikers, albeit Kane is injured but even still I think they have more than enough on-form players there to give Greenwood some room to grow and develop a bit. Then if he continues his progress, he can tried out after the summer into next season if they want.
Greenwood for England is media invention. It is not based on reality. He is not yet a first team regular and it is way too early to be mentioning him when there's the likes of Vardy, Ings, Abraham and Rashford that can cover for Kane.

DomesticTadpole

10:45
More from Solskjaer on his team for tomorrow night
Slightly different quotes but same message from Solskjaer on MUTV.
Probably similar squad to what we were this weekend against Norwich. Eric (Bailly) playing today so he is close to full fitness but still a few days early this one.