Solskjær press conference vs Young Boys at Wankdorf

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It'd be great if the average age of their line up was 32.

NYAS

Seems like the fact this press conference is ‘in person’ is a big deal for these journos.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Want to go further this year?
"Of course, as you say we have had some very good, memorable nights at the club and they are the biggest nights. The aim is to go all the way but we know it's going to be difficult. It always is. But we've added some quality, experience and youth into the squad and hopefully we are better prepared for what's to come."

Samid

How important is the experience Ronaldo and Varane brings?
"I think sometimes you can go far with the youth as well but in some games experience will of course play its part, but in others, you need the youthful exuberance and courage."

I miss that Wild West internet era, pre-smartphone, when even 'serious' publications joined in.

Couple more unrelated to YB.

Samid

De Gea: impact of Ronaldo?
"It's great to have Cristiano back home. I think it shows from the first day the impact, he scored two very important goals and as you know the qualities. The experience of Cristiano is amazing, he's a legend at the club already and it's great to have him back. It's massive for us."

Samid

OGS: quality of the squad
"This team has grown and matured over the last few seasons, that was always the plan. Call is three years time back in the day when I came in we wanted a team with experience and quality who could challenge. David sat next to me, Harry has been here for a few years now, Raphael and Cristiano. We've learned. The group is special as a united they look after each other and it's going to stand us in good stead."

Samid

OGS: Ronaldo's impact off the pitch
"That's obviously a joke by Granty [players not eating dessert] in a setting with some mates, it's not as though we were eating junk food before he came in and he's changed it all. But obviously, he's proved how to look after yourself and I think he will be an example to many players on how to prolong your career. When I retired I looked back at the best days of my life, you have to keep playing as long as possible."

Samid

OGS: Can Ronaldo convince Pogba to stay?
"Well, it's up to us now to get results and to prove to ourselves that we can win trophies. Everyone who signs for United wants to win trophies and be part of a winning United team, it's the most magical feeling. I think everyone is focused on doing their best and let's see where it goes."

Samid

De Gea: Competition with Henderson
"I've played here with many great goalkeepers and the fight between keepers we must always fight for our positions. United want to be ambitious and bring in the best players then we must fight for our positions."

Samid

OGS: Cavani update
"Eddie is hopefully back with us soon, he had a slight strain during the international break in a behind closed door game. He's working hard to come back."

Samid

OGS: Impressed by BSC Young Boys?
"It's not just Ferencvaros games we've analysed, they're coming into form in the league as well and the Zurich game was very impressive. They are energetic attacking minded, we know it's going to be a very difficult game. Astroturf is always a little bit of an advantage at home but we should be able to deal with it really well."

Skeezix

Good work there @Samid

It feels better to read the presser updates instead of watching it right away.

Samid

OGS: on Pogba's assists
"Paul has come back in good shape. He's worked really hard over the summer. He's come back lean and fit. What does an assist consist of? A square pass to Bruno and he puts it in the top corner? Or a great ball for Mason? Paul has always been a great passer and he's not got assists from his best passes this season. I don't pay attention to assists, it's a social media thing. But Paul has played well for sure. I would give Anthony Martial the assist for Jesse's, he leaves the ball like Yorke and Cole, there's so much more than stats. And David [de Gea] deserves one too."

Samid

OGS: Easier to handle CL fixtures now?
"Yeah. I can't look at the squad and say we've played a game in midweek and we're tired. Players are fitter now and we've been very robust over the years and improved a lot the way we dealt with the pandemic situation and the games coming thick and fast. The ones we've signed as well it's easier to rotate. I've told the team I trust the members of the squad.

There's nothing better than getting into a rhythm of recovery, playing, recovery, playing. That's when we get our best play."

Samid

De Gea: How are you feeling at the start of the season?
"I feel very well. I feel strong, I feel confident. I'm very happy at the club with my teammates, the manager the staff. I will keep training giving my 100 per cent for everyone and do what I can for the team."

Withnail

DDG is back to being #1 isn’t he. He’s been very good since Henderson stepped up actually.
Yeah, the decision was made for Ole since Hendo wasn't fit at the start of the season but De Gea won't be dropped if he keeps going like this.

Hopefully, this is the start of a Luke Shaw type uplift in form due to competition for places.

Just need a RB and some competition for McFred and we'll be sorted.

Mercurial

Wankdorf......... Young Boys.........
Who came up with these names??