Solskjær press conference vs Young Boys at Wankdorf

The magic hat

Supports
IFK Göteborg
Is that club just based around some reddit forum or something? Young boys @ wankdorf is... How did they manage that by coincidence :'D

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Why is it called Young Boys?

Founded in 1898, Young Boys is one of the oldest clubs in Switzerland, and with 12 Swiss Super League championships to its name (to go along with a semifinal appearance in the 1958-59 European Cup), one of the most successful.

The clubs name has its origins in its founders and their first-ever match. In 1897, brothers Max and Oscar Schwab along with Hermann Bauer and Franz Kehrli — all students at the University of Bern — decided to host a football match by combining with Basel Old Boys Association (commonly known as BSC Old Boys) to play against FC Bern.

After, the four decided to found Fussballclub Young Boys to differentiate themselves from Old Boys. It wasn’t long before the club grew in stature and began playing at the beautifully named Wankdorf Stadium in Bern. That stadium was demolished in 2001 and replaced by the Stade de Suisse, which seats 32,000 spectators.

Similarily: Wankdorf is simply a street is Switzerland, the name has no meaning in German. Like the Austrian town "fecking"

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

Founded in 1898, Young Boys is one of the oldest clubs in Switzerland, and with 12 Swiss Super League championships to its name (to go along with a semifinal appearance in the 1958-59 European Cup), one of the most successful.

The clubs name has its origins in its founders and their first-ever match. In 1897, brothers Max and Oscar Schwab along with Hermann Bauer and Franz Kehrli — all students at the University of Bern — decided to host a football match by combining with Basel Old Boys Association (commonly known as BSC Old Boys) to play against FC Bern.

After, the four decided to found Fussballclub Young Boys to differentiate themselves from Old Boys. It wasn’t long before the club grew in stature and began playing at the beautifully named Wankdorf Stadium in Bern. That stadium was demolished in 2001 and replaced by the Stade de Suisse, which seats 32,000 spectators.

Similarily: Wankdorf is simply a street is Switzerland, the name has no meaning in German. Like the Austrian town "fecking"
Nah, this can't possibly be true, me and everyone here believes that they intentionally named their team and stadium because they wanted to be associated with paedophilia.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
These Wankdorf jokes are definitely not the only reason I enjoy playing Young Boys....

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Want to go further this year?
"Of course, as you say we have had some very good, memorable nights at the club and they are the biggest nights. The aim is to go all the way but we know it's going to be difficult. It always is. But we've added some quality, experience and youth into the squad and hopefully we are better prepared for what's to come."
He should have said “no, hoping for an early exit” and moved onto the next question.

CG1010

Want to go further this year?
"Of course, as you say we have had some very good, memorable nights at the club and they are the biggest nights. The aim is to go all the way but we know it's going to be difficult. It always is. But we've added some quality, experience and youth into the squad and hopefully we are better prepared for what's to come."
That question right there is elite journalism!

Mercurial

Their defender Lustenberger is out with tendon injury for this one

UpWithRivers

At least they have the curtesy to give you a reach around after the fk you over.

Flytan

See them being named Young Boys and playing in "Wankdorf" stadium is why I'm convinced we're living in a simulation

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
I think it will be a tough evening for the lads but hopefully it will all come to a happy ending at the Wankdorf.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Nobody in this thread really cares about the press conference do they? :lol:

Mercurial

I can see the excuse when we lose:

"Artificial pitch in Wankdorf not wet enough. Groundsman didn't spray it adequately."
Ole: "The pitch wasn't slippery enough."
Both coaches at half time: "We have it in our own hands, let's finish this"

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Oles pre match speech almost writes itself

“I know it’s a new surface but we’ve got protection, stamina, fitness and experience on our side. We were all young boys once but don’t let that distract you, go out there and be ultra professional, from the first minute to the last really give it to them, show no mercy! I want us all coming away from the Wankdorf shattered sweaty and elated”

Last edited:

OleTheGreat

I think we have a relatively easy group and a chance to get one over on Villareal. We really need to prove we are still one of the top teams in Europe's elite competition.

OGS: on Pogba's assists
"Paul has come back in good shape. He's worked really hard over the summer. He's come back lean and fit. What does an assist consist of? A square pass to Bruno and he puts it in the top corner? Or a great ball for Mason? Paul has always been a great passer and he's not got assists from his best passes this season. I don't pay attention to assists, it's a social media thing. But Paul has played well for sure. I would give Anthony Martial the assist for Jesse's, he leaves the ball like Yorke and Cole, there's so much more than stats. And David [de Gea] deserves one too."
I'm glad Ole sees this. Assists don't mean a huge amount.

Giggsy13

Looks like the Swiss are completely neutral about their creativity as well.